geekhack Community > Reviews

Steelseries new stuff!

(1/1)

Quardah:
Oh yeah people i finally got my hands on some brand new Steelseries stuff.

I have a 7G keyboard, a 7H headset and a Laser Ikari Mouse.

Yet so far the keyboard is a blessing. It feels right. The keycaps are cool plus the audio controls are pretty completed (Mute, Volume +/-, Play/Pause, Forward and Rewind in that order). One thing i really appreciate is that i can plug the headset on it making me able to work in the entire room without having wire limitations. Is has usbs too, but that's pretty worthless as of now maybe i'll find it some utility.
Downsides? 1x backspace and horrible J-Shaped Enter key.

The 7H headset sound is really worth the hundred bucks. The bass is 100% clear and there's no audio artifacts at all even at max volume output. Yet the cable is incredibly long (about 2 meters) therefor i can freely move. The headset seems pretty it'll be able to endure many drops (hopefully there's no too many...).
Downsides? First it hurts after a while on your head. Maybe i need to get used to it but so far after two hours of CS it burn the ears. The ****ty Micro USB interface on the headset. That's just a plain retarded way to have both USB and Analog compatibility. I already know this is what my headset will die of.

The mouse feels pretty good too. I play arround 600 DPI and there's a straightener in the driver making you able to make straight lines. Snipe's pretty sharp with this. Only downside is i feel the rubber is pretty cheap, might have to change the mouse cover sooner or later.

Still i'm glad with the purchases. Black MX feels a lot better than Red MX after trying both it's a never look back.

Jack Karneval:
Quardah, glad you're liking your 7H, I used to own one myself and it was just as good as you say it is...

BUT! Unfortunately the 7H has a major problem with either the wires that run through the headband or the USB connection going into the headset. What will eventually happen is over time you'll start to lose sound in one ear-cup and/or the mic will start crackling at the slightest movement of the USB connection going into the headset. Jiggling the headset end of the connection will usually get this problem to go away, or unplugging and plugging it back in, but over time even this will stop working. This is a common problem with these things, many reviews on Amazon talk about it, and it happened to mine, so I do speak from experience.

Anyway, didn't want to kill your buzz with the thing, I just wanted you to be aware of the issue, and I really hope it lasts ya a long time!

Quardah:

--- Quote from: Jack Karneval on Sun, 07 July 2013, 09:02:34 ---Quardah, glad you're liking your 7H, I used to own one myself and it was just as good as you say it is...

BUT! Unfortunately the 7H has a major problem with either the wires that run through the headband or the USB connection going into the headset. What will eventually happen is over time you'll start to lose sound in one ear-cup and/or the mic will start crackling at the slightest movement of the USB connection going into the headset. Jiggling the headset end of the connection will usually get this problem to go away, or unplugging and plugging it back in, but over time even this will stop working. This is a common problem with these things, many reviews on Amazon talk about it, and it happened to mine, so I do speak from experience.

Anyway, didn't want to kill your buzz with the thing, I just wanted you to be aware of the issue, and I really hope it lasts ya a long time!

--- End quote ---

:x Thanks for the heads up i'll take very good care of the headset. So far the sound is neat it would be a shame losing it... :(

Jack Karneval:
No problem man, good luck with it   ^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version