geekhack Community > Reviews

CM Storm Quickfire XT

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jack Karneval:
Sweet little overview Mkawa! Cooler Master is definitely making very broad strokes in the mechanical keyboard market and their boards seem to be extremely good value. My Trigger is an absolute beast..... just don't step on the USB cable and rip the mini-USB connection off of the USB hub PCB......  :))

wetto:

--- Quote from: Jack Karneval on Sun, 14 July 2013, 22:01:56 ---Sweet little overview Mkawa! Cooler Master is definitely making very broad strokes in the mechanical keyboard market and their boards seem to be extremely good value. My Trigger is an absolute beast..... just don't step on the USB cable and rip the mini-USB connection off of the USB hub PCB......  :))

--- End quote ---

Do yourself a favor and get a L connector mini-USB for it. I use my Tt Meka G-Unit one.

Ex:
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Mini-USB-Cable-USB2HABM6RA/dp/B004NO0L4O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373859904&sr=8-4&keywords=right+angle+mini+B

Photoelectric:
On the note of the Trigger, I used a soft non-braided mini USB cable just in case.  Made stress on the socket very low.
---
This Quickfire XT seems like a great candidate for my future office keyboard.

WhiteFireDragon:
Nice mini review. Although, I doubt the plate can be more solid than previous plates. We know it can't be thicker because cherry switches can only mount to a plate that's 0.60" thick. The previous plates also has two bends at the top and bottom that add a ton more stiffness than any custom plates, including Korean ones. If it were me, I would rip it apart to see the insides.

Btw, where did you meet up with Carter, and what event was it? Was it the one in Chino you PM'ed me about several weeks ago?

Jack Karneval:

--- Quote from: wetto on Sun, 14 July 2013, 22:38:57 ---
--- Quote from: Jack Karneval on Sun, 14 July 2013, 22:01:56 ---Sweet little overview Mkawa! Cooler Master is definitely making very broad strokes in the mechanical keyboard market and their boards seem to be extremely good value. My Trigger is an absolute beast..... just don't step on the USB cable and rip the mini-USB connection off of the USB hub PCB......  :))

--- End quote ---

Do yourself a favor and get a L connector mini-USB for it. I use my Tt Meka G-Unit one.

Show Image

Ex:
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Mini-USB-Cable-USB2HABM6RA/dp/B004NO0L4O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373859904&sr=8-4&keywords=right+angle+mini+B

--- End quote ---

I'll probably pick up a few of these soon, thanks man! I will say however, the USB cable that comes with the Trigger is very nice with a nice black sleeve on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version