Author Topic: Precision Gaming  (Read 25820 times)

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
Re: Precision Gaming
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 15:49:57 »
So whens the sale?
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 16:07:43 »
I'll take three, please.

Woah, you gotta share there Hoff :p

Okay fiiiiiine.  I'll take two and pesky brat can have my third.  :P
what about me

Hehe looks you need to order four because youz a good fella and play nice
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:59:23 »
I'll take three, please.

what about me

Show Image

But, but...

Once Hoff has got his two and pesky and sed8op8 are covered...
What about me?

Offline nukec

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 02:54:51 »
Is sale going to be on ctrlalt.io?

Offline luminor

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 07:39:06 »
perfect timing, my 87-55gr is coming this week, neeeeeddd thisssssssss

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 08:04:20 »
I just got the same keyboard 2-3 weeks ago.... It's freaking amazing. At first it felt weird and I wasn't sure i liked it. I stuck with and was so glad I did because now its Hands down my favorite  board I have and now I'm really jonesing to pick up a HHKB. Watch out wallet here comes the Topre hole I also just borrowed my friends Leo FC660c (I really don't feel like giving it back  ^-^) and I really need to try and find some Topre Artisans because I have like ZERO. So lumin I'm on board the same boat I get my first Topre board and Bro decides to release these sick gamer and FN sets . Like a sign from some keyboard Deity go forth become one with cup rubber and decorate thy board. I wish you good luck and I hope you really like your new ultimate feels  :thumb: also good luck if there is an Easter sale as they look super scrumpdiddleyocious !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=bqurbq52i6qoe1vuhijvkd8d6vc6r8ap&topic=63161.0
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 15:37:33 »
Really want this MX gaming set
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:37:41 »
I'll take three, please.

what about me

Show Image

But, but...

What about me?

Show Image

Oh no, what have I started?!  :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 21:19:51 »
I really want mine... T.T"
Yours is packaged up, just need to make shipping label for it :)

What a tease

I'll take three, please.

what about me

Show Image

But, but...

What about me?

Show Image

Oh no, what have I started?!  :))
  ;)

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:06:32 »
Will these fit the cursor keys of a HHKB pro 2 correctly? I was looking at mine closely today and in looks like the ?/  key is slightly taller than those above. Is this my imagination or do I need to get the ruler out?

Offline btctopre

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:48:24 »
Will these fit the cursor keys of a HHKB pro 2 correctly? I was looking at mine closely today and in looks like the ?/  key is slightly taller than those above. Is this my imagination or do I need to get the ruler out?
Bottom two rows are the same profile. So to make it work, you'd need a WASD + Fn set (Bro Fn = ? key, A/S/D = ;' keys, W = [ key).

Offline thefebruaryman

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 02:05:41 »
Bottom two rows are the same profile. So to make it work, you'd need a WASD + Fn set (Bro Fn = ? key, A/S/D = ;' keys, W = [ key).

cheers for the info. Looks like I am going to have to win two bro sales to make my topre dreams.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 02:48:50 »
The set needs one extra "fn" key. So we can do fn and HHKB arrows on the HHKB and we can use the two fns for the windows keys on a Realforce, win win :)

Offline luminor

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 04:57:49 »
I just got the same keyboard 2-3 weeks ago.... It's freaking amazing. At first it felt weird and I wasn't sure i liked it. I stuck with and was so glad I did because now its Hands down my favorite  board I have and now I'm really jonesing to pick up a HHKB. Watch out wallet here comes the Topre hole I also just borrowed my friends Leo FC660c (I really don't feel like giving it back  ^-^) and I really need to try and find some Topre Artisans because I have like ZERO. So lumin I'm on board the same boat I get my first Topre board and Bro decides to release these sick gamer and FN sets . Like a sign from some keyboard Deity go forth become one with cup rubber and decorate thy board. I wish you good luck and I hope you really like your new ultimate feels  :thumb: also good luck if there is an Easter sale as they look super scrumpdiddleyocious !

my 87-55gr is here together with my 23UB, to be honest i just get fingergasm with the 55gr not so with the 45gr i got last year, so far i'm enjoying it. the missing part is the Bro gaming caps, this cup rubber bra will be staying with me for a veryyyy longgg time unless topre come out with something better, maybe silent lubed 50gr. something inside my head telling me to dissect this board... must resist... for now

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 10:16:57 »
The set needs one extra "fn" key. So we can do fn and HHKB arrows on the HHKB and we can use the two fns for the windows keys on a Realforce, win win :)

I've been thinking the same thing.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:09:22 »
This checks out  :)

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=bqurbq52i6qoe1vuhijvkd8d6vc6r8ap&topic=63161.0
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 15:52:44 »
😏I need a new Topre 87u
                          I♥♥♥friends 

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 16:46:44 »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 16:49:49 »

Offline thefebruaryman

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 17:11:06 »
That's the pic I wanted to see

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:56:27 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 04:33:35 »
Show Image

looks like a much better balance!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 05:51:16 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 07:28:01 »

Offline nukec

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 09:54:59 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 11:35:55 »
Show Image

Amazing Bro. You outdo yourself every time.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:02:41 »

Offline thefebruaryman

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:07:55 »
The bro cap thread has been a bit too quite for a few days now. My spider senses are telling me a sale is coming soon!!!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 01:21:22 »

Show Image

so beautiful.  i'd roll my face all over these.  they look so comfy.

sale on 4/20?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:29:31 »
Excuse the dirty board, I never have time to wash it. Got a chance to pilot these keys in a programming scenario. I don't do a lot of gaming at work :P Also I apologize for the awful photos, I'm using my phone. I promise to take better photos when I have more time.

I've been using Brocaps' Precision Gaming set as Esc and function layer arrow keys on the HHKB. The thing I like most about these keys is typing on them. They are indistinguishable from any other key when coding. But when resting my hand on the board, I can immediately feel the surface of the key and know where my fingers are placed in relativity of the board. This is unlike a lot of other gaming keycap sets that are either dished noticeably deep on the sides, or has some weird matrix on the surface of the key that is noticeable every time you use the key.

The key set is held to the same ridiculous standard Bro sets for all his keycaps. The stem has a soft "snap" into place, and probably the best fitting Brocap key I've used. I know Bro has been spending countless hours perfecting the stem fit, and I think he finally nailed it. The thickness of the key walls is about as thick as it can get without it rubbing on the housing. The embossed fist on the back of the key is unique and sharp, just like the matrix on the surface. The insides of the key are smoothed and seamless. (Sorry, I don't have photos of this). Which will look great for semi-transparent sets, especially when backlit. 

Not much else to say. They're a functional set of keys that also look great on the board. I hope everyone loves em as much as I do

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 14:11:28 »
Excuse the dirty board, I never have time to wash it. Got a chance to pilot these keys in a programming scenario. I don't do a lot of gaming at work :P Also I apologize for the awful photos, I'm using my phone. I promise to take better photos when I have more time.

I've been using Brocaps' Precision Gaming set as Esc and function layer arrow keys on the HHKB. The thing I like most about these keys is typing on them. They are indistinguishable from any other key when coding. But when resting my hand on the board, I can immediately feel the surface of the key and know where my fingers are placed in relativity of the board. This is unlike a lot of other gaming keycap sets that are either dished noticeably deep on the sides, or has some weird matrix on the surface of the key that is noticeable every time you use the key.

The key set is held to the same ridiculous standard Bro sets for all his keycaps. The stem has a soft "snap" into place, and probably the best fitting Brocap key I've used. I know Bro has been spending countless hours perfecting the stem fit, and I think he finally nailed it. The thickness of the key walls is about as thick as it can get without it rubbing on the housing. The embossed fist on the back of the key is unique and sharp, just like the matrix on the surface. The insides of the key are smoothed and seamless. (Sorry, I don't have photos of this). Which will look great for semi-transparent sets, especially when backlit. 

Not much else to say. They're a functional set of keys that also look great on the board. I hope everyone loves em as much as I do
Really nice sky blue color with your HHKB! Congrats!
                          I♥♥♥friends 

Offline Matter

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:46:47 »
How do I purchase these?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:49:50 »
Form and function... finally! Great sets. Glad I was able to nab one.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 12:19:58 »
How do I purchase these?

You have to get into one of the sales, which are announced on the official sale thread.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 14:43:07 »

Haven't seen you around for a while! Thanks for the pics, they look great  :thumb: