geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GMK Orange Boi - GB and GB thread are live!

(1/19) > >>

andromache:

Group buy thread is live!

Update 2/22/22: Group buy will start 3/1/22 and run through 3/31/22. US pricing is as follows (additional proxy pricing TBD):

Base kit: $129.99
Novelty kit(tens): $53.99
Spacebar kit: $25.99
Deskmats: $17.99
HIBI brass artisan: $60.00

GMK Orange Boi is co-designed by me and Typo.mk. This set is inspired by my orange cat Richard as well as orange cats everywhere (including the girl ones, despite the name of this set). One of the goals of this set is to raise money for cats in need! If GMK Orange Boi makes it through group buy, a portion of designer profits will be donated to The Odd Cat Sanctuary, a feline rescue organization that was started to help kittens and cats (as well as an occasional dog) with "challenges"  or that have been neglected. Check out their website to learn more and to admire all of the adorable kitties that they’ve rescued!

To follow progress on GMK Orange Boi, follow us on Instagram (Ty, me), and feel free to join my Discord server.

INTEREST CHECK FORM

KITS

Full imgur gallery of kit renders

Old kit renders from the previous iteration of this IC can be viewed here.

**Note that novelty designs will use UV printing for the second color. For all novelty caps, the cream color will be doubleshot and the pastel pink color will be UV printed.

BOARD RENDERS

Keep in mind that slight color differences in board renders can be caused by differences in lighting - the lighting in which we are looking at the IRL color references, as well as the lighting used in the render environments.

KHDD by perryhuynh (renders by pwade, featuring photos of my cat Richard LOOK AT HOW CUTE HE IS!!!)

Cake60 by Hayt (renders by pwade)

Nyaong75 by jmSur, renders by Adi

cypher by Cable Car Designs

Maja by Vulcan x KBDFans

KARA by RAMA in MOMO and MUSK

Paragon by Artemis Design Studios

V4N4G0N by TheVan Keyboards

Full imgur gallery of board renders

COLORS
We have confirmed with GMK that they match to Pantone plastic chips as well as RAL (for RAL they match to the book standard) and selected our colors accordingly.

Orange - Pantone PQ-1625C (Pantone plastic chip)
Pink - Pantone PQ-190C (Pantone plastic chip)
Cream - RAL 080 93 05
Pastel pink (UV print) - RAL 010 90 10

DESKMATS

Types of Orange Boi deskmat designed by Aly from okeydokey studio

Box Cats deskmat designed by Ty

Featuring the Ikki68 Aurora by Wuque

COLLABS

Artisan keycaps:

Arcana Keys
aumipon
Bowbie Keycaps
Bungkee.Caps
CraftedbyAnnie
Luna Keycaps
Namong Art
okeydokey studio
Sandun Art
tinymakesthings
tulipclay

Metal artisan:

HIBI

Brass, rose gold PVD with dual enamel fill

Others:

Mochi’s Cables
Honeybunzcreations resin wristrest
SM Keyboards

VENDORS AND GROUP BUY DATE

Group buy starts March 1, 2022 at the following vendors:

US: CannonKeys
Canada: DeskHero
UK: ProtoTypist
EU: MyKeyboard.eu
SEA: iLumkb
OCE: DailyClack
China and the rest of the world: zFrontier

And don't forget to fill out the IC form!

INTEREST CHECK FORM

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

pwade for the amazing KHDD and Cake60 renders (as well as the idea to render this set on the KHDD in the first place)

ImperfectLink for making KRK so we could do some of our own renders for this project as well.

NoPun and Adi for pointing out the errors in the first few rounds of kitting renders.

My cat Richard for being such good inspiration for this set, plus my two non-orange cats for the moral support.

Consider showing your support with this banner

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114811.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/1550hrn.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

Changelog

1/4/22: Second deskmat design

12/6/21: Vendors announced

10/29/21: Added ISO novelty enter to novelty kit, changed base kit ISO enter to orange, added a few new board renders.

10/16/21: Made minor changes to color references and re-did color-matching and updated all renders accordingly + added a colors section to the IC; adjusted novelty colors to address contrast issues.

andromache:
Reserved

Nuclear Nachos:
v cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MechWild:
I have the perfect board for this.

ramuzona:
yes i like this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page