Author Topic: [IC] Carbon Keyset  (Read 241299 times)

Offline SJHL

Re: [IC] Carbon Keyset
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:27:23 »
Haha! Got my keys today. What great timing. Christmas Day. All deliveries running as normal since it's just another day. I was pretty shocked that I ordered so much. I think I went a bit overboard. The board I want to put the keys on is at work, so will have to wait until tomorrow. They do look fantastic from a brief look.

Edit: So happy to have a set that fits this.

Show Image

That looks pretty awesome.

Here's mine:

Forgot to buy a Mod Kit though..

Offline prava

« Reply #401 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 19:16:01 »
Hi there!

Got my set

---

There seems to be a small issue with the keycaps: overall, the keycaps are terribly wide. This means that in some keyboards they collide with the left side. This is a picture taken from a spanish colleague:

He comments that he can't use the set on a Filco because the CTRL key rubs the case (on the left side) and sometimes even gets stuck and doesn't depress. I have tried my CTRL keys on my Filco (my pictures were taken on a WASD V2) and it seems like they rub the case just a tiny little bit. Being so tight it also means its very difficult to remove them because you have to press the key, insert the keypuller somehow, then pull them up.

So, IMO, if it could be done I'd suggest you try to shave the keys by 0,5 - 1 mm. As the key gets wider as you go down, shaving just a tiny little bit will deffinitely help with this issue, while maintaining the overall feeling and height of the keys.

Other than this, the colours and everything are astonishing.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #402 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 07:18:39 »
Hi there!

Got my set

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

---

There seems to be a small issue with the keycaps: overall, the keycaps are terribly wide. This means that in some keyboards they collide with the left side. This is a picture taken from a spanish colleague:

Show Image

He comments that he can't use the set on a Filco because the CTRL key rubs the case (on the left side) and sometimes even gets stuck and doesn't depress. I have tried my CTRL keys on my Filco (my pictures were taken on a WASD V2) and it seems like they rub the case just a tiny little bit. Being so tight it also means its very difficult to remove them because you have to press the key, insert the keypuller somehow, then pull them up.

So, IMO, if it could be done I'd suggest you try to shave the keys by 0,5 - 1 mm. As the key gets wider as you go down, shaving just a tiny little bit will deffinitely help with this issue, while maintaining the overall feeling and height of the keys.

Other than this, the colours and everything are astonishing.

Glad to see some spanish users getting custom keyset  :thumb:

Got simillar issue with other SA keyset on my Filco. The spacebar is slightly rubbing against the case.

Who ever might read this: I wish you all happy new year!
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 December 2015, 09:00:10 by T0mb3ry »

Offline zslane

« Reply #403 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 12:26:58 »
I have put two different SA sets on three different Filcos without any problems of keycaps rubbing against the inner edges of the case. I've heard that there are some older Filco cases that have intolerably low tolerances on their side edges, creating problems for SA sets. But since this isn't a general problem with 99% of the cases out there, I'd say the problem--and the solution--lies with Filco and not SP. In fact, Filco seems to have rectified this issue judging from my own experiences putting SA keycaps on current Filco boards.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:49:54 »
Recieved my set today! :D

I really love the overall look of it; I've yet to encounter any flaws or damages. Thank you so much T0mb3ry for this set, awesome job! :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:23:46 »
Recieved my set today! :D

I really love the overall look of it; I've yet to encounter any flaws or damages. Thank you so much T0mb3ry for this set, awesome job! :)

Show Image

Again thank you for the reply on reddit. I appreciate it! Nice Cable!  ;)

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 10:08:41 »
Great job on the set. It is truly bad ass.

I hate that I missed it, but kudos to those of you who didn't.

Offline Liocer

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 07:26:40 »
Got mine this week too, totally love them :D, was going to put these on my Planck when it eventually comes but I like them so much they're staying on my Pok3r daily driver.

edit. Only thing that's a little annoying is that the set doesn't have an orange backspace to complete a full set of orange across the top. Or maybe it did and I didn't order it, bah.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 January 2016, 07:28:31 by Liocer »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #408 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 07:40:53 »

Show Image

YES some SA sets can not fit inside a Filco casing because I found out the hard way on my filco models, whether they be TKLs or full 104s.

Had decided to fill all my Filco's with GMK and BST key-sets instead and everything is good if you want to use your Filco Keyboards.

SA key-sets are best to use with Leopolds and KUL keyboards.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 19:22:41 »
Got mine this week too, totally love them :D, was going to put these on my Planck when it eventually comes but I like them so much they're staying on my Pok3r daily driver.

edit. Only thing that's a little annoying is that the set doesn't have an orange backspace to complete a full set of orange across the top. Or maybe it did and I didn't order it, bah.

Orange stripe action! No orange 2u Backspace though

Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline Liocer

« Reply #410 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 14:58:56 »

Orange stripe action! No orange 2u Backspace though

Show Image

Mine basically looks like that with a grey backspace as you said no 2u orange. It looks so good on 60% boards :)

Offline finalreq

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 00:11:36 »
Is this ever going to go back on sale? I'm really sad that I missed out on it  :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 04:50:17 »
Is this ever going to go back on sale? I'm really sad that I missed out on it  :(

Probably.

I think, due to popularity of Carbon, it should run again.

I gathered enough feeback for next possible round.
I also would like to make some things different and make some corrections.
For example the graphene enter displayed below in  the picture.
Also it shows other key sizes utilizing graphene.
123320-0

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:29:58 »
I got my set a few weeks ago and tried to set it up on my Filco. Well the keys would rub on the edge of the top half of the case. So I removed the top so I can enjoy these caps!
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 22:48:07 »
I got my set a few weeks ago and tried to set it up on my Filco. Well the keys would rub on the edge of the top half of the case. So I removed the top so I can enjoy these caps!

That's what I'd call commitment! Jokes aside, I have them on a filco too and don't seem to have any problems of that kind. Which keys have been rubbing exactly?

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 04:53:49 »

Probably.

I think, due to popularity of Carbon, it should run again.

I gathered enough feeback for next possible round.
I also would like to make some things different and make some corrections.
For example the graphene enter displayed below in  the picture.
Also it shows other key sizes utilizing graphene.

Yes, please!

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:21:03 »

That's what I'd call commitment! Jokes aside, I have them on a filco too and don't seem to have any problems of that kind. Which keys have been rubbing exactly?

Almost all the left and right keys. The top and bottom were fine. They would slightly rub. I'd rather take the top off rather than get scuff marks on the keys :)  What version Majestouch do you have? This one is the original.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline xmrxx

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 14:29:39 »
Id love to see WASD key caps and arrow keys in orange or gray as option also for the next drop.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 09:14:47 »
Id love to see WASD key caps and arrow keys in orange or gray as option also for the next drop.

That is probably very possible, just depends if T0mb3ry wants to implement it or not. :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 11:28:41 »

That is probably very possible, just depends if T0mb3ry wants to implement it or not. :)

There will be a gamer kit of course. Also thinking about alternate arrows in general.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 11:48:57 »

There will be a gamer kit of course. Also thinking about alternate arrows in general.
Awesome stuff.  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #421 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 09:10:15 »
Trying out stuff for pseudo blank keys.

These are edited scans. My scans dont represent the real colors but someone who got Carbon will know how its gonna look like in real envoirment.

Think it might be an overkill. However i'd like to know your opinion.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 January 2016, 09:13:04 by T0mb3ry »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #422 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 09:11:37 »
Trying out stuff.

These are edited scans. My scans dont represent the real colors but someone who got Carbon will know how its gonna look like in real envoirment.
Show Image

Show Image

Think it might be an overkill. However i'd like to know your opinion.

I think I agree with the overkill. It just seems like too much and not enough variety.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #423 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 10:45:23 »
I don't like that design for 1u caps. It looks too much like a honeycomb pattern.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #424 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 14:24:31 »
I don't like that design for 1u caps. It looks too much like a honeycomb pattern.

I tend to agree. Very "busy" looking.

Something like a carbon molecule could make more sense though, maybe even just for some of the keys as well, like a homing key or the larger keys, etc.
https://dj1hlxw0wr920.cloudfront.net/userfiles/wyzfiles/c0a7c206-8117-4c33-b0f8-68a203913b36.gif
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #425 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 14:32:30 »

Something like a carbon molecule could make more sense though, maybe even just for some of the keys as well, like a homing key or the larger keys, etc.
https://dj1hlxw0wr920.cloudfront.net/userfiles/wyzfiles/c0a7c206-8117-4c33-b0f8-68a203913b36.gif

Quite damn hard to achive something for a blank keys replacement. I mean just blanks is clean and so, but its empty and lacks this kind of thing there a person wants to examine all the keys.

For the variaty i am thinking of warning signs in beige but in all rows. There are 12 warning signs which can be put randomized on a keyboard and it will look like Louis Vuitton pattern:

However i think i'll end up just with blanks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 January 2016, 14:47:41 by T0mb3ry »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #426 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 14:46:14 »

Quite damn hard to achive something for a blank keys replacement. I mean just blanks is clean and so, but its empty and lacks this kind of thing there a person wants to examine all the keys. For the variaty i am thinking of warning signs in beige but in all rows. However i think i'll end up just with blanks.

Yeah its really hard to come up with something for blanks. Im a bit stumped for my own kit as well.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #427 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 15:56:53 »
Some mockups.

Blank

Warning Vuitton

I for myself prefer standard keys from base set.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #428 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:37:10 »
Some mockups.

Blank
Show Image

Warning Vuitton
Show Image

Personally, I find the beige warning signs to be much less overwhelming than the uniform hexagon pattern. Personally, I still prefer blanks with a few accent keys, but it might be worth seeing what others are interested in.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #429 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:59:03 »
Some mockups.

Blank
Show Image

Warning Vuitton
Show Image

Personally, I find the beige warning signs to be much less overwhelming than the uniform hexagon pattern. Personally, I still prefer blanks with a few accent keys, but it might be worth seeing what others are interested in.

Well, we'll just offer blank keys.

However even both versions were overhelming (overkill) it was worth a try :). I think someday someone will find a solution how to make this right.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #430 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:00:41 »
Thoughts on standalone Ergodox kit? It implements default Ergodox layout posted on github.

Edit: forgot blanks for tumb cluster... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:03:26 by T0mb3ry »

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #431 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 21:39:08 »
Thoughts on standalone Ergodox kit? It implements default Ergodox layout posted on github.
Show Image

Umm are you going to reopen the group buy once more?

In any case, I think I like warning keys for alphas with legended mods.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 03:20:45 »
Show Image

Yes it will run again this year. However i dont know the date. SP has been overrun with recent SA GB :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 04:06:28 »
Show Image

Yes it will run again this year. However i dont know the date. SP has been overrun with recent SA GB :)
Considering they're piled in till July shipping, it'd probably be August or later..

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #434 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:33:29 »
I think there will be two ergodox kits. One like always only with blanks. Second one will be for professionals. It has kinesis layout but is also adjustable to ansi with some options.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 02:45:23 »
I think there will be two ergodox kits. One like always only with blanks. Second one will be for professionals. It has kinesis layout but is also adjustable to ansi with some options.
Show Image

Damn! Gonna have to get myself some more carbon!  :eek:

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 06:03:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

Damn! Gonna have to get myself some more carbon!  :eek:

Regarding the ErgoDox: I love the versatility here. One default kit, the professional kit and blanks. That should be a good starting point for everyone looking into modding the keyboard. The honeycomb definitely was overkill, but the warning signs would make for a nice bonus child kit for those looking to add some more custom keys.

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #437 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 03:23:45 »
Please bring back the Carbon set for another GB!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:42:27 »
Please bring back the Carbon set for another GB!

No need to worry, it will drop again  ;)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:45:21 »
Currently SP sells row 4 shifts for Jukebox, PuLSe and Carbon. They offer only the standard shift sizes (US ANSI). Just leaving it here  :)

Offline Vizir

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:26:04 »
sweet! ordered.

Offline johuu

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:28:24 »
Currently SP sells row 4 shifts for Jukebox, PuLSe and Carbon. They offer only the standard shift sizes (US ANSI). Just leaving it here  :)

Will be R4 shift rows included in Carbon R2?

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:18:39 »
I can't wait for the carbon. Jukebox would also be nice, but I think jukebox is dropping again right? Or am I thinking 1976?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:51:40 »

I planned it before. However SP offers them already. I think i end up offering only the unusual shift sizes (iso and 1.75u). But its not clear right now. But if you wish also the standard row 4 shifts, then just let me know. I'll look into it.

I can't wait for the carbon. Jukebox would also be nice, but I think jukebox is dropping again right? Or am I thinking 1976?

Dont know, but i think jukebox will drop first then 1976. Decisions huh?  :D

Edit: 1976 is droping in march. Guess first 1976 then jukebox.

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:56:51 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 23:33:58 »

I planned it before. However SP offers them already. I think i end up offering only the unusual shift sizes (iso and 1.75u). But its not clear right now. But if you wish also the standard row 4 shifts, then just let me know. I'll look into it.

:0 where are you hearing this godsend of information?
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 23:53:49 »

:0 where are you hearing this godsend of information?

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/47ewqa/let_us_renewal/

Offline Almada71

« Reply #446 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:15:15 »
I cant wait until Carbon drops again. I love the color orange and it goes so well with the gray! I probably pick up a couple sets!

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #447 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 14:21:56 »

I can't wait.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #448 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 07:20:06 »
My suggestions for forum keys. DT key will happen as i got no permission for the usual DT key you know. The RMK will happen too, because of reasons. However for the geekhack you can decide to make it this way or use the already existing one.

RMK

GeekHack

Deskthority

XPost.

PS. If those are getting made feel free to use them for your keyset design. There is no need to ask for permission. I am trying to make permissions-free forum keys.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2016, 07:32:46 by T0mb3ry »

Offline ntelope

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 23:44:43 »
Man.. I just really want the carbon set. Too bad it is a pain to see someone let go of theirs :(