Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 304590 times)

Offline ktrezzi

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - received - QC and sorting
« Reply #600 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 07:02:19 »
Any update from Candykeys?

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #601 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 03:58:57 »
I went through and spot QC'd the cases yesterday and some of the posts for PCB mounting are missing the last mm or two of threads which causes the screw to bottom put before contacting the PCB. Going to order 4mm screws. Everyone shod still have plenty of thread engagement on their boards with the shorter screws.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline NoncarbonatedClack

« Reply #602 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 21:46:06 »
Just checking in, any updates?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #603 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 22:42:17 »
Should be able to work on it this coming week. Was at NorCal this weekend and didn't get a chance to pack.

Update for the CK situation for those that are in the EU; the boards are stuck in customs atm and I'm working with the factory to get an invoice and all sorted out for them.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #604 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:25:49 »
Thanks for the update.

Are they stuck at the custom in Europe or where? Any ETA on those Eu-Orders? Do you also know by any chance, if Candykeys has everything together of the rest i.e. ready to ship when they arrive?

« Reply #605 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 14:24:07 »
Any updates?

switchplate.co states mid-november for fulfillment...

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #606 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 06:59:20 »
?

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #607 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 14:52:24 »
reconsiderit,

What's it going to take to get this finished?  Is there anything still missing?  What still needs to be done?  Do you need someone to come over and help you pack them up?  If that's all it is, I'm local, I have time, and I'm offering to help.

Offline JM Popaleetus

• Reddit Profile
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 16:04:29 »
I highly, HIGHLY suggest ya'll start contacting your credit card companies and doing chargebacks.  Give them the whole story.  And laugh with them that you spent $x on a handmade keyboard.

This is utterly unacceptable at this point.  And I'm from the Southpaw Full Size groupbuy, which has had even LESS updates or movement.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #609 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 16:33:55 »
reconsiderit,

What's it going to take to get this finished?  Is there anything still missing?  What still needs to be done?  Do you need someone to come over and help you pack them up?  If that's all it is, I'm local, I have time, and I'm offering to help.

Listen to that man reconsiderit!

WTF is going on with that GB and that horrible lack of communication? And don't "next week" us time

« Reply #610 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 16:56:31 »
I highly, HIGHLY suggest ya'll start contacting your credit card companies and doing chargebacks.  Give them the whole story.  And laugh with them that you spent $x on a handmade keyboard.

This is utterly unacceptable at this point.  And I'm from the Southpaw Full Size groupbuy, which has had even LESS updates or movement.

Pretty sure chargebacks (in the US at least) are 90 to 120 days.

I'm still holding out for the parts...

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #611 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 14:42:07 »
Took my GMK Laser set out of its tray around 13 months ago in anticipation for this board that would soon get delivered, lol. Have since moved appartment and my layout's GMK Laser caps are waiting in a plastic bag.

"Soon"  :))

I wanted to build that keyboard for work, in the meantime I changed my job twice

Update: I ordered that keyboard two jobs AND one girlfriend ago.

But we are reaching 2 years next month
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2019, 02:23:45 by ktrezzi »

« Reply #612 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 17:46:26 »
Took my GMK Laser set out of its tray around 13 months ago in anticipation for this board that would soon get delivered, lol. Have since moved appartment and my layout's GMK Laser caps are waiting in a plastic bag.

"Soon"  :))

I wanted to build that keyboard for work, in the meantime I changed my job twice

Update: I ordered that keyboard, two jobs AND one girlfriend ago.

But we are reaching 2 years next month

I'm well aware of how long it's been lol.
Too long for chargebacks.

I'm not really interested in that anyhow. I think that maybe reconsiderit just needs a hand, or needs to put some time aside to blast through this.

I don't know their schedule/personal life or whatever, but just taking a weekend to push through this and get orders out would be a good start.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #613 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 02:25:01 »
I'm trying to get as many of them out right now to get packages out before the BFCM rush starts impacting packages. I've completed packaging the small boxes that will go inside each order with add ons and small parts that are needed with each order. As of now, I have 5 orders going out tomorrow and will try and get the rest between now and Wednesday.

I'll update as I go and when/if things change. 

switchplate.co

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #614 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 02:26:24 »

I'm not really interested in that anyhow. I think that maybe reconsiderit just needs a hand, or needs to put some time aside to blast through this.

I don't know their schedule/personal life or whatever, but just taking a weekend to push through this and get orders out would be a good start.

Yeah, maybe, maybe both. But then you have to take advantage of an offer like this and not keep your mouth shut all the time. As I said, I really appreciate if people are organizing GBs but you simply can't communicate like this and tell people on a monthly basis that "next week" you are going to do this.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #615 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 02:26:50 »
I'm trying to get as many of them out right now to get packages out before the BFCM rush starts impacting packages. I've completed packaging the small boxes that will go inside each order with add ons and small parts that are needed with each order. As of now, I have 5 orders going out tomorrow and will try and get the rest between now and Wednesday.

Show Image

Show Image

edit~

GB Participants

Please confirm that your address is correct via the order confirmation. If you no longer have that, please email me to check.

switchplate.co

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #616 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 09:21:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

edit~

GB Participants

Please confirm that your address is correct via the order confirmation. If you no longer have that, please email me to check.

Does this include people that ordered through Candykeys?

Offline green_mmq

« Reply #617 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 15:18:20 »

Does this include the orders requiring assembly? Also which email should we be contacting to update addresses? I'd tried contacting switchplate by email a couple times earlier this month to update an address but hadn't received a response.

Seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel! It may have taken some time but I am sooo psyched to start using this board (and to wipe off the dust from the keycaps I've been saving for it!)  :thumb:

Offline tentboy

« Reply #618 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 16:27:55 »
Got my shipping notification

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #619 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 18:31:08 »
I picked my order up from reconsiderit this afternoon.  It's happening.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #620 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 18:59:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

edit~

GB Participants

Does this include people that ordered through Candykeys?

I might've posted it in the discord but I've communicated with Candykeys and they should be taking the cases in next week. I'll check in with them at the end of next week towards the beginning of December.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #621 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 19:01:24 »

Does this include the orders requiring assembly? Also which email should we be contacting to update addresses? I'd tried contacting switchplate by email a couple times earlier this month to update an address but hadn't received a response.

The tray parts were assembled when I received the plates. I need to bolt those into the cases and test. Should be all good to go then. I'll try and get them out before Thursday, but I'll update if things change.

Seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel! It may have taken some time but I am sooo psyched to start using this board (and to wipe off the dust from the keycaps I've been saving for it!)  :thumb:

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #622 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 19:05:39 »
I mentioned this earlier, but the raw cases did end up getting hand finished by the factory and shipped to me without it being fixed. They are wrapped in plastic unlike the anodized cases and are ready for paint/cera if you were planning on it. Unfortunately, if you were planning to use them as is, it's not the finish that I had intended originally. If you're in this second group, please reach out to me and I can help work something out.

switchplate.co

Offline grossvogel

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - (NA) Alu cases shipping; (EU) en route to CK
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 00:02:21 »
Unfortunately, if you were planning to use them as is, it's not the finish that I had intended originally. If you're in this second group, please reach out to me and I can help work something out.
Nope, that's not the keyboard I was waiting for. I ordered mine through CandyKeys, does that mean I'm on my own when it comes to figuring out how to make it look halfway decent?

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #624 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 04:51:22 »
Unfortunately, if you were planning to use them as is, it's not the finish that I had intended originally. If you're in this second group, please reach out to me and I can help work something out.
Nope, that's not the keyboard I was waiting for. I ordered mine through CandyKeys, does that mean I'm on my own when it comes to figuring out how to make it look halfway decent?

I ordered my raw case from CandyKeys too but I hope they don't just ship them to us looking like that because they look pretty ****ing bad ngl

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #625 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 02:52:21 »
I ordered my raw case from CandyKeys too but I hope they don't just ship them to us looking like that because they look pretty ****ing bad ngl

I mean...technically, the cases are as raw as it could get  ;D ;D

Offline Pings

« Reply #626 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 11:04:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

edit~

GB Participants

I bought 1116 from a person who sold their spot from another person who sold their spot. I emailed you about this and got the OK from you yourself. I checked the order confirmation and the info was updated to my address and name but the order confirmation is no longer working. Check your emails.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #627 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 20:59:13 »
I've just updated all addresses and responded to all emails.

Unfortunately I didn't get to all the packages today. Was able to ship out a few more, but again, they're mostly packaged. I should be able to get some more out on Friday. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I should have time to finish quite a few orders. If you'd like your order held to ship after the BFCM rush, please shoot me an email.

switchplate.co

Offline tentboy

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 05:45:39 »
Mine arrived today. Only did a quick check but looks great. I was only in this the last few months after buying a spot but I’m glad I hopped in. Can’t wait to build

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #629 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 14:21:16 »
If anyone is interested in extras, please email me and I'll reach out once everything is shipped. There are a handful of canceled orders that I have on hand.

A few more will be going out today. A reminder that once the package is dropped off, I cannot change the delivery address.

switchplate.co

Offline zwolof2

« Reply #630 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 06:20:04 »
contact me! Im interested in buying one of the spare ones

Offline Pings

« Reply #631 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 11:19:45 »
I got mine yesterday but I live like 2 hours away from the shipping location. So far everything looks great.

Offline Pings

« Reply #632 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 23:37:33 »
Ok, I figured out some of the problems I was having and I think this is just a programming thing. I guess what would be left Ctrl key doesn't work. My Delete key I found out changes the LEDs on the back. The programming guide you listed here just confused me. Building it was the easy part. Does anyone know of any good programming guides on Youtube? Anyways, here are the pics:

I have no idea where the reset switch is I need to use a magnet with or even how to do that.  Could I get some detailed instructions with photos if at all possible? 
Is there any way we could get some Easy AVG love? https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.0

Lubed Tribosys 3204 Tealios V2 switches, 55g springs from Catweewee/Switchmod, and DSS Dolch

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2019, 02:15:16 by Pings »

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #633 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 11:18:26 »
Hard to believe, but mine is arriving today. LOL --- I completely forgot about this group buy other than randomly checking in at times and freaking out.

I now have 3 boards to build --- Jane v2, Duck Orion v3 and now this :X.

Buying and renovating your first home has taken precedence over the keyboard game.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #634 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 13:20:30 »
Wow the boards look great, excited to see these getting delivered. I emailed about any of the extra full aluminum kits, would love to get one if available.

I've already had someone reach out and may be purchasing one from them!

That sale may have fallen through, still looking for a black full aluminum kit, anyone wanting to sell please message me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 December 2019, 10:37:21 by splodeybaloney »

Offline Valyns

« Reply #635 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 10:27:08 »
Just got mine in today! Looks great! Now time to order all the rest of the parts haha.
Ducky One TKL w/ MX Browns & White Vortex PBTs

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 18:11:57 »
Any news from CandyKeys? Would be nice to get a confirmation from their end, at least.

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #637 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 11:47:22 »
I would also like to know about the Candykeys orders, I think we deserve an update or a picture of the boards.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 11:57:46 »
I would also like to know about the Candykeys orders, I think we deserve an update or a picture of the boards.

Ill reach out to Candykeys tonight and see where they are in the process.

As for the remaining boards, I hope to get more shipped out this coming week. All that's left is to wrap the cases, label and ship so it shouldn't be long for those who are waiting.

switchplate.co

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #639 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 05:01:23 »
We are trained for patience here in that GB :D

I talked to David from Candykeys last week, it seems like things will ship the coming week :) He also mentioned that each person will be e-mailed to confirm that you all got the right builds content.

I'm sure he will post an update by himself in this thread soon.

Offline Pings

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 12:40:26 »
Are there any YouTube videos, how-to posts, or maybe even a Discord I can go into to learn how to program this keyboard?

« Reply #641 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 15:52:06 »
Are there any YouTube videos, how-to posts, or maybe even a Discord I can go into to learn how to program this keyboard?

I'm sure there is more out there, but https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.msg2625784#msg2625784 would be a start

Offline Pings

« Reply #642 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 01:27:21 »

I'm sure there is more out there, but https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.msg2625784#msg2625784 would be a start

6) Now reset the board by moving a magnet over the reset switch or by connecting the two pads if you've opted to snip it off. It should now enter bootloader mode and show up on tkg if you have the extension installed on chrome. You can also use TKG toolkit for this step. Note that TKG will not compile or flash if there is something that doesn't make sense in the layout. Check if the later box is outlined in red and click it to see any problems that you need to resolve.

I am stuck on number 6. What reset switch, can I get a photo? Not too sure what the two pads are and I didn't snip anything off. I downloaded the TKG Toolkit but I don't have a clue how to do that and I don't want to make things worse. What Chrome extension, I found a Chrome app but not an extension. Does anyone have a link to the said extension? Let's say I reset it with a magnet where and how on tkg.io do I enter bootloader mode then flash from there?
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2019, 01:30:22 by Pings »

« Reply #643 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 19:01:56 »

6) Now reset the board by moving a magnet over the reset switch or by connecting the two pads if you've opted to snip it off. It should now enter bootloader mode and show up on tkg if you have the extension installed on chrome. You can also use TKG toolkit for this step. Note that TKG will not compile or flash if there is something that doesn't make sense in the layout. Check if the later box is outlined in red and click it to see any problems that you need to resolve.

I am stuck on number 6. What reset switch, can I get a photo? Not too sure what the two pads are and I didn't snip anything off. I downloaded the TKG Toolkit but I don't have a clue how to do that and I don't want to make things worse. What Chrome extension, I found a Chrome app but not an extension. Does anyone have a link to the said extension? Let's say I reset it with a magnet where and how on tkg.io do I enter bootloader mode then flash from there?

I'll try to take a Pic of my pcb tonight and upload it, I think I know where the reset button/pads are.

The chrome app/extension may be the same, but I'm unsure because I haven't started working on mine yet.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #644 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:00:43 »

This is the reset switch in question. Any magnet will do. If you've asked for it to be resoldered, it will be on the other side in the same position.

If it hasn't been resoldered, it bottoms out on the alu case and you will either need to clip it or move it. If clipped, you can short (connect) the pads where the switch once was to do the same thing as running the magnet over it.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #645 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:06:34 »
Also for those that have been PM'ing me about the remaining kits; I'll put those up after I hear back from candykeys. I want to make sure that if there's any discrepancies in their order I do what I can to help the GB participants in EU get what they ordered.

switchplate.co

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #646 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 16:49:06 »
Apparently, CandyKeys has a page for GB-updates. (?) And it does contain some dated info from their end. https://candykeys.com/news
However, no info since reconsiderit contacted them.

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #647 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 18:15:33 »
Okay, just got a reply from them. Each order takes them some time, due to missing parts or whatever, but it seems like most people will get an email within the week.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #648 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 05:33:16 »
Hello all!

Sorry about the silence. Shipping 3 preorder and GB batches is a bit crazy for the small team we are. The long and tedious process of matching everything to each order has now begun. This will not be easy so do bare with us.

The GB parts like case and PCB, plates etc. etc. are here, what however might differ now to the orders from 2 years ago is the small bits and addons, like LEDs, Stabs, Switches.

We will now reach out to each one of you per mail (please check spam) and let you know what will ship and then we will offer a alternate product or a refund of those small additions. IF it happens that for some reason case colors or plates are not matching due to some reason to the invoice or possible change that you made to the order, then you MUST let us know whenm we write the mail. IF you do not get a mail by sunday, PLEASE reach out to us. The old website system is really screwed and we are working off our saved invoices and the emails in those invoices, we also have a excel file containing the newest changes for people that made changes, so we should get things right from the beginning.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline grossvogel

« Reply #649 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 11:40:29 »
If anyone wants to buy my spot (reserved through CandyKeys, raw aluminum case, stainless steel plate), please PM me.