Author Topic: GMK 85|15 groupbuy (CANCELLED)  (Read 124893 times)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: GMK 85|15 groupbuy
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 21:18:54 »
This buy is about pure nostalgia and offering a lot of legends that are quite rare and haven't been made in decades. It will be a one time thing. I wanted to do it earlier for the 30th anniversary of MX keyboards. If it's not your thing, thats fine.

Is it possible that you will do a reversed classic beige like this in the future with the same layout as you did with dolch ?

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 21:32:39 »
This buy is about pure nostalgia and offering a lot of legends that are quite rare and haven't been made in decades. It will be a one time thing. I wanted to do it earlier for the 30th anniversary of MX keyboards. If it's not your thing, thats fine.

Is it possible that you will do a reversed classic beige like this in the future with the same layout as you did with dolch ?

Photeq might be making the classic one...I think!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 22:29:23 »

Photeq might be making the classic one...I think!

I'm definitely going to be getting in on Photekq's GB  :), but I also really like this reversed classic beige. 

Just wondering if Ivan might consider running it again with a standard layout in the future?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 02:48:28 »
Just curious, does anyone know which keyboards originally used the strike-through "0" on the numpad?

Just took a look at a lot of my Cherry/GMK stuff and none of it has it. It is definitely interesting, and I like that Ivan included on the Dolch set.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 03:59:04 »
If this is a real problem, I can always move caps from tray to bag myself on case by case basis.
[/quote]
Thanks for the fast reply.
Just in case if i have collected enough orders here then will certainly need your help for re-packing them.  ;)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 04:57:29 »
Just curious, does anyone know which keyboards originally used the strike-through "0" on the numpad?

Just took a look at a lot of my Cherry/GMK stuff and none of it has it. It is definitely interesting, and I like that Ivan included on the Dolch set.

Maybe it is light saver V2. I have seen someone install Dolch on it :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 08:46:04 »
No plans currently to run something like this again any time soon. Will be focusing on new colorways in future buys mostly with legends that adhere to modern standards.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 09:21:26 »
No plans currently to run something like this again any time soon. Will be focusing on new colorways in future buys mostly with legends that adhere to modern standards.
How are the numbers going for the mod pack?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 09:26:53 »
Definitely not missing this one.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 10:20:00 »
Hope this GB goes through completely. Chances are it would any ways.

Offline Cafiend

Re: GMK 85|15 groupbuy (orders open)
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:53:59 »
Really nice set!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 19:43:59 »
How does the color of the addon pack compare to PBT Classic Beige mods?  :eek:
null

Offline intelli78

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 04:07:23 »
IMO it's not that important to have a color match with any particular set, since you can always just replace ALL the beige keys with those from I van's set. Issue eliminated.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 10:37:37 »
That is exactly why there are so many keys in the modifiers kit. Due to how many different shades Cherry used over the 30 years, chances are it won't match most... it will match some so it just depends on what you have. Better to replace all of them in whole key sections that to have something that looks like a patchwork.

Only 40-50 orders for each thing so far. Long ways to go still.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 10:45:07 »
That is exactly why there are so many keys in the modifiers kit. Due to how many different shades Cherry used over the 30 years, chances are it won't match most... it will match some so it just depends on what you have. Better to replace all of them in whole key sections that to have something that looks like a patchwork.

Only 40-50 orders for each thing so far. Long ways to go still.
Come on people!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 12:06:14 »
Add ~15 order for each set from enjoyclick.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline renne

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 16:04:07 »
Add ~15 order for each set from enjoyclick.
cao mu da da zao!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 16:39:51 »
we should have an order count :v
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 18:19:03 »

Same here, missing out on a GMK order session is like refusing a night out with Sasha Grey (which lists you as some kind of weird masochist, denying yourself such a perfect treat)  8) .

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 05:27:51 »

Same here, missing out on a GMK order session is like refusing a night out with Sasha Grey (which lists you as some kind of weird masochist, denying yourself such a perfect treat)  8) .
Or Sasha Grey and Lily Labeau. :P

|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 06:14:20 »
Or Sasha Grey and Lily Labeau. :p

Not Lily, she simply looks too worn out plus I always liked Sasha from the beginning  8) .

Offline echo0

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 12:31:52 »
Ordered. 

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:19:17 »
Thanks Ivan for putting up the current order counts.  :thumb:

Offline tbc

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 20:43:42 »
i will buy your winkeys and start keys.

don't ask. :p
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 20:51:58 »
Do you guys think that we can reach the GMK MOQ by the end of this GB?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 21:23:58 »
Do you guys think that we can reach the GMK MOQ by the end of this GB?

Who knows but it's unfortunate here that many newbs think that this is some PMK setup in which you sign up on the absolute LAST day of this Group Buy, when it clearly isn't.

You sign up now even if you decide to change your mind down the road due to other circumstances (personal or business) so you need the numbers to show GMK that we're serious about getting these made.

Besides, you need to look at these with eyes of keeping them because these colours stand the test of time.  I know with youngsters here on this forum everything is about instant gratification meaning they want something bright and colourful to capture their attention.  What stands the test of time are traditional GMK colours because that keyboard with these colourways last forever.  They do become true 'CLASSICS' and that keyboard never loses it's timeless appeal to the traditionalist  :thumb: .

Hence if all you want is a kiddie-like keyboard stay with PMK key-caps but if you want a mature and timeless design - GMK is your ultimate choice.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 21:42:01 »
Do GMK keycaps wear the same way as other ABS plastic key caps?

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 00:36:42 »
I know with youngsters here on this forum everything is about instant gratification meaning they want something bright and colourful to capture their attention.  What stands the test of time are traditional GMK colours because that keyboard with these colourways last forever.  They do become true 'CLASSICS' and that keyboard never loses it's timeless appeal to the traditionalist  :thumb: .

I'm still thinking about ordering a Mod-Pack. It would fit the cherry keycaps I got from old G80/G81s perfectly, but damn ... 55€ (+shipping to Europe) for a Mod-Pack ... I could get full sets for that *wallet crying*

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 00:52:12 »

Opinions vary but personally I still haven't noticed any shine on mine in the year I've had them. I'd have a hard time believing Signature Plastics caps would last that long with daily use.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 02:04:50 »

Opinions vary but personally I still haven't noticed any shine on mine in the year I've had them. I'd have a hard time believing Signature Plastics caps would last that long with daily use.

I've got several Beige Originals and non of them have even started to develop any shine at all.  The oldest ones are from 14 years ago and still look like new, who would think simple ABS could last that long without even showing any wear.

Suspect it's the original German manufactured sets that were done right in the first place, they always do everything perfect without taking any shortcuts, when it comes to making anything within their borders.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 05:51:02 »

I've got several Beige Originals and non of them have even started to develop any shine at all.  The oldest ones are from 14 years ago and still look like new, who would think simple ABS could last that long without even showing any wear.

Suspect it's the original German manufactured sets that were done right in the first place, they always do everything perfect without taking any shortcuts, when it comes to making anything within their borders.
Perhaps the absence of shine only is possible if not used regularly? How often did you use the ones you have had before they do start to show shine at all?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 07:10:53 »

Perhaps the absence of shine only is possible if not used regularly? How often did you use the ones you have had before they do start to show shine at all?

In my daily use of a GMK dolch set (8-10 hrs/day) for at least 6 months if not a little longer the only key I had any noticeable shine on was the space bar.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 07:22:46 »
That sounds pretty amazing. It would be consistent hours of typing? Is it coding or actual typing you use it for?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 07:50:53 »
That sounds pretty amazing. It would be consistent hours of typing? Is it coding or actual typing you use it for?

I should quantify that better. I do a little of everything really but it is definitely not continuous typing all day but more entering commands, typing emails, spreadsheet work etc.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 11:13:21 »
It took me about 3 years of heavy daily use to put some real shine on a set I got new. It depends a whole lot on your skin texture and chemical composition of skin oils on how fast it will wear... along with how much it is used each person will have some different wear rates.

Offline C-g

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:10:42 »
Long time lurker here, made an account to get in on (at least) the mod pack for this GB. Really liking the flexibility with the mods.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't spot it. On the image for the modifier pack in the first post, it looks like the legends on the two longest shift keys are a slightly lighter colour than the other legends. Is this correct or is that just the way that it looks in the image?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:20:37 »
Long time lurker here, made an account to get in on (at least) the mod pack for this GB. Really liking the flexibility with the mods.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't spot it. On the image for the modifier pack in the first post, it looks like the legends on the two longest shift keys are a slightly lighter colour than the other legends. Is this correct or is that just the way that it looks in the image?

Welcome to GH! That is just a mockup; they should be the same colour.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline C-g

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:26:33 »
Thanks, sounds good. I'll sign up once I work out how much money I have  :D.

Offline Chungas

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 15:59:33 »
If anyone is buying the colour pack and doesn't want the wasd keys please let me know.

Offline BlackDragonTribal

• BDT
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 17:54:38 »

We can hit MOQ? I have little worry

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 00:30:55 »

At this rate I think we might just be getting space bars...

Offline BlackDragonTribal

• BDT
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 00:51:32 »

At this rate I think we might just be getting space bars...
That sure happen because it's over hit MOQ ha ha
Hope Mod pack can hit when deadline

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 00:56:25 »
IF we couldn't reach the MOQ, the MOQ standard will be lower to make this group happen?

Offline tbc

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 01:14:14 »
IF we couldn't reach the MOQ, the MOQ standard will be lower to make this group happen?

no.  that's not how things work.  if we don't hit MOQ, then nothing gets made and no money will change hands.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 06:55:15 »

no.  that's not how things work.  if we don't hit MOQ, then nothing gets made and no money will change hands.

The spacebars should still be made since MoQ for that isn't dependent on the main kit?

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 09:51:10 »

The spacebars should still be made since MoQ for that isn't dependent on the main kit?

Yeah sure :)

Offline tbc

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 18:03:00 »

i would assume so, but i'm not sure what's in ivan's agreement with gmk.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 20:46:42 »
Anything that make the MOQ will be made. Though I will be severely disappointed if all that is are spacebars. I may extend out a couple more week, maybe it will help since so close to holidays.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 December 2014, 20:48:35 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 21:34:30 »
The main set may be splited in modifiers and alphas, and the modifier set broken down into smaller subsets so prices may be reduced.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 00:32:23 »
Anything that make the MOQ will be made. Though I will be severely disappointed if all that is are spacebars. I may extend out a couple more week, maybe it will help since so close to holidays.
I definitely think that would be helpful a few more weeks won't hurt anything.