Author Topic: [GB] RAMA M4-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 70553 times)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: [GB] RAMA M4-A [ORDER THROUGH TO MANUFACTURER!]
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 03:46:28 »
PCBPCBPCBPCB.

Note this image is of the SAMPLE from the manufacturer, not the batch-produced version! Onto production now :)

Not sure why these took so long to make, I think they had to source some of the components.

Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 05:05:42 »
yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Data

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 07:15:56 »

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 09:41:32 »
Perty

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 20:11:16 »
PCBPCBPCBPCB.

It makes me happy that even your PCBs look sharp.

Not sure why these took so long to make, I think they had to source some of the components.

I told you that virgin's toe clippings have been scarce lately. Using the regular kind is totally fine, but you held out for the premium kind. I'm just surprised they had enough Heckler's Ennui on hand.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 22:58:10 »
PCBPCBPCBPCB.

It makes me happy that even your PCBs look sharp.

I told you that virgin's toe clippings have been scarce lately. Using the regular kind is totally fine, but you held out for the premium kind. I'm just surprised they had enough Heckler's Ennui on hand.

No detail should be left untouched Jal!

Hahaha HOW DID YOU FIND OUT THE POWERSOURCE!?

On a serious note, super happy that everything is coming along well now. Once again, sincerest apologies for the delays - I know how much it can suck having to wait for something, especially when it's over a month. But the new changes I've made really have made the product a lot better. It put me in the negative for this sale, but, I can't let down my supportive first rounders <3 Thank you all.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 03:18:34 »
Love the design, we need one of these with an arrow key cluster and maybe an extra 1 or 2 buttons most.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 October 2016, 12:14:24 by atlas3686 »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 23:15:28 »
Love the design, we need one of these with an arrow key cluster and maybe an extra 1 or 2 buttons most.

I actually want to do a little gamepad thing, maybe with an analog stick too :D

ALSO: PCBS ARE IN!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 23:21:10 »

Do you wanna just write a list of keyboard stuff you DONT want to do? My wallet just had an episode...  ;D

PCBs look yummy!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 23:40:14 »
Do you wanna just write a list of keyboard stuff you DONT want to do? My wallet just had an episode...  ;D

PCBs look yummy!

Hah! Yeah man I want to do everything, wish it was my full time job :( And I had unlimited time and money to work on these things :P

Thanks, Machine Industries did an amazing job! :D

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 01:41:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome, us gamers with 60% boards thank you, for almost everything I love my 60% but for those few games that need arrows and wasd it's such a pain to have function layer arrows. I have tried using my Realforce 23U but it's just not the same as a proper arrow cluster. The M4-A case design is almost perfect for something like this too.

Been loving your designs generally, keep up the awesome work! We wish you had unlimited time and money to work on these things too ;)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 06:39:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome, us gamers with 60% boards thank you, for almost everything I love my 60% but for those few games that need arrows and wasd it's such a pain to have function layer arrows. I have tried using my Realforce 23U but it's just not the same as a proper arrow cluster. The M4-A case design is almost perfect for something like this too.

Been loving your designs generally, keep up the awesome work! We wish you had unlimited time and money to work on these things too ;)

Cool cool! I'll definitely get onto it! :D What are your thoughts on having an analog stick on there too?

Thanks heaps for the kind words too dude, appreciate it!

ALSO UPDATE!

SO... big scare. Ripped out one of the M4's from the packet to try out, plugged it in and..... NOTHING! *cue lots of stressing*

Whipped out the multimeter, checked everything. Seemed good, continuity, power flowing through, the lot. So then time to check the atmega to see if was programmed, super quickly built a rig before I left home from work:

Chucked on the PCB:

Then contacted Machine Industries to ask wtf to do. Opened up Avrdude, and boom, NO FIRMWARE LOADED. NOOOOO.

The manufacturer was supposed to load the firmware onto each PCB. They did not :(

Wasn't as bad as a problem as a I thought it was, thank god! But yeah, going to streamline this jig then flash the firmware on all of them :)

Just want to keep you guys updated! Going to show off the configurator soon too ;)

Bonus pic, reset/programming button lines up PERFECTLY!

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 06:49:05 »
RAMA is so good, even his PCB test rigs are beautiful.

Thanks for the update!

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 07:26:24 »
Yeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 08:52:20 »
Sorry to hear that the mfg didn't pre-load the software. Hope it doesn't take you too long to fix. Exciting to see the progress on these.

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 19:03:30 »
Nice catch, as always Rama -- we are in goood hands.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 19:26:22 »
Hey Rama what is the expected timeline for these? Are they going to arrive at roughly the same time as the Stainless Steel caps? If yes you could combine them and save on some postage fees  ;D
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Data

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 20:31:47 »
How could they just forget to flash the firmware?  :-X

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 04:27:42 »
RAMA is so good, even his PCB test rigs are beautiful.

Thanks for the update!

I literally made it super rushed right after I finished work, I was so worried hahaha. I need to make a better one for the production :)

Thanks thought mate!

Yeeeeeeeeeee
yeee 
Sorry to hear that the mfg didn't pre-load the software. Hope it doesn't take you too long to fix. Exciting to see the progress on these.
Yeah kind of annoying, paid for the programming too >___< Oh well, at least the firmware flashes onto the board pretty quickly. Should be a relatively painless process :E

Nice catch, as always Rama -- we are in goood hands.

Was almost a $1800 mistake, was stressing pretty hard man, especially when the multimeter was acting up and making it look like it was completely short circuiting LOL.
Thanks though bro, really happy to see it all coming together now :)

Hey Rama what is the expected timeline for these? Are they going to arrive at roughly the same time as the Stainless Steel caps? If yes you could combine them and save on some postage fees  ;D

Enclosures should be complete in the next coming weeks. I just put in the order for the SS caps today, so they will come later than these. Don't worry though man, the shipping has been paid for irrespective so I have no issue sending them separately :) Anyways, don't want to keep you waiting any longer!!

How could they just forget to flash the firmware?  :-X

Dude, I don't even know.. :'( They even asked me which files it was to program. Caused me such a headache though! I should be charging them for the hours it took me to resolve it :P Ah well, all sorted now. The PCBs do look good :)

Offline OatmealFor3v3r

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 12:31:55 »
Since we have to supply our own Cherry switches, are there different types?  I mean in the # of pins to the board.  4 ? 2?  I just want to be certain on what I should order.  Thank you.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 13:06:52 »
Since we have to supply our own Cherry switches, are there different types?  I mean in the # of pins to the board.  4 ? 2?  I just want to be certain on what I should order.  Thank you.
You would be best going with PCB mounted switches as there isn't a plate to hold/stabilize the keys.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 01:37:22 »

Cool cool! I'll definitely get onto it! :D What are your thoughts on having an analog stick on there too?

When I first read it I thought, analog stick awesome that will be cool, but after thinking about it a bit more there might not ever be much need to use something like that in this context, I'm guessing most of us who want it have a controller of some kind. It might be nicer to keep this quite minimal with just an extra button or two, keeping with your designs unless you gonna go wireless then an analog with two extra buttons and the arrow cluster could be interesting :) but that's just my opinion   :thumb:

Offline delivery

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 01:57:09 »
Nice test kit!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 04:49:36 »
You would be best going with PCB mounted switches as there isn't a plate to hold/stabilize the keys.

Show Image

Yup correct! Thanks Xondat :)

When I first read it I thought, analog stick awesome that will be cool, but after thinking about it a bit more there might not ever be much need to use something like that in this context, I'm guessing most of us who want it have a controller of some kind. It might be nicer to keep this quite minimal with just an extra button or two, keeping with your designs unless you gonna go wireless then an analog with two extra buttons and the arrow cluster could be interesting :) but that's just my opinion   :thumb:

Yeah absolutely, I get what you mean :) I'll look into it man, makes sense to do an arrow cluster with a few extra keys :)

Nice test kit!

Cheers mate! <3 

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 18:29:13 »
Beadblasting and anodising complete!

Looks like these will be shipping next week :)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 07:00:55 »

Show Image

Wow, looks amazing!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 08:54:26 »

Show Image

:-*

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #178 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 20:18:08 »

Show Image

Wow, looks amazing!

Cheers mate! Will get nicer photos when they all come in :)

Show Image

:-*

<3 

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 21:39:59 »
These look **** hot :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 23:18:03 »
These look **** hot :)

Thanks Bird, I'll come show you in Sydney when I'm down next year :D

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 00:23:20 »
^ I'll bring the travel kit  8)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 01:26:20 »
Show Image

Such fancy packaging just for me

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 05:44:57 »
Show Image

Show Image

Just for you ;)

ALSO... UPDATE!

All 86 units have been shipped to me! On beam to be shipped by end of next week :) Get hyped!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 05:49:51 »

Show Image

Is the bottom right Space Gray, and top right Black?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #185 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 06:08:45 »

Show Image

Is the bottom right Space Gray, and top right Black?

Correct :) those aren't colour accurate at all. Can see it better in the video I posted earlier :)

Offline hnrk

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 22:53:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

Just for you ;)

ALSO... UPDATE!

All 86 units have been shipped to me! On beam to be shipped by end of next week :) Get hyped!

Omg just saw this!

Let me know when and where I can pick up!!  :D
So hypeeeeeed!

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 23:04:56 »
Ah shoot.... any extras for this? Just realized this is a great osu! board  :p
All the kustom 60s

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 05:45:02 »
Show Image

Show Image

Just for you ;)

ALSO... UPDATE!

Omg just saw this!

Let me know when and where I can pick up!!  :D
So hypeeeeeed!

For sure man! They're almost in :D

Ah shoot.... any extras for this? Just realized this is a great osu! board  :p
Potentially, I think I ordered a few extra, I'll have to see once they're all in stock :)

Cheers! :) Would be awesome for OSU

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 00:54:01 »
So uh...

LOOK WHAT CAME IN TODAY at 4:30PM (THOUGHT IT WASN'T GOING TO COME)

Will be shipping next week <3

Going to take a while to unwrap all these :P

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 00:58:45 »
So uh...

Show Image

Looks AWESOME! - btw I hate that packaging.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #191 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:00:12 »
So uh...

Going to take a while to unwrap all these :p
Show Image

Looks AWESOME! - btw I hate that packaging.

Cheers jchan, gonna have to individually unpackage all these and repackage them with my packaging. MISSION.

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB] RAMA M4-A [PARTS RECEIVED!] SHIPPING SOON.
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:09:20 »
So uh...

Sweet!!

Offline Data

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 07:04:55 »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 07:13:14 »
ALL DAT MESSSSS

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 07:16:58 »
ALL DAT MESSSSS
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Limited edition red colours? So pretty O_O

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 07:19:48 »
ALL DAT MESSSSS
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeeboi. The red actually came out super vivid :o

Offline Data

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 07:22:23 »
DAT RED THO   :-X

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 08:37:48 »
Cheers jchan, gonna have to individually unpackage all these and repackage them with my packaging. MISSION.

Ever have one of those days where it feels like the some total of life is moving physical objects from one place to another according to complicated rules and procedures that look, from an alien perspective, inscrutably insane?

Maybe that's just me.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:16:09 »
ALL DAT MESSSSS
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeeboi. The red actually came out super vivid :o

Is this a sign that M4-A might be available again in the future with different colours? That red case is sexy
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 13:32:42 by duynguyenle »