Author Topic: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream (CLOSED)  (Read 132888 times)

Offline 1corazon

Re: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream | GB ends August 1st!! Artisan collabs!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 05:43:34 »
HI, So when can we expect a delivery date ?

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 15:28:04 »
HI, So when can we expect a delivery date ?
It will ship in December as long as color matching goes well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline rxc92

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 00:56:11 »
Any updates? We haven't had any updates since August 10th.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 10:52:46 »
UPDATE: We have received round 1 color samples and they look great but we have round 2 that will be arriving soon.
Colors on round 1 turned out pretty close and do look good, but not quite right. Hopefully round 2 will do it or get us closer the goal!  ;D

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 10:53:49 »
Wow, that's a pretty great start in terms of color matching, well done Ren!

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 11:24:40 »
Wow, that's a pretty great start in terms of color matching, well done Ren!
Thanks! I took several photos of these but they were really hard to capture correctly but I think this photo shows them pretty well. We will keep matching until I'm happy with them  :thumb:

Offline rxc92

Re: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream | Round 1 samples here!
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 04:14:19 »
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to R2 :)

Offline sterby

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 05:42:45 »
I'm so excited for this set, gonna look great on my rose gold singa  :)

Offline Maxferfra

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 14:22:22 »
the alphas and accent colors look great imo! only need to adjust the modifiers colors a little, I'm excited to see R2

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 09:16:01 »
Can't find anything about expected shipping date. What's the current status? In my case just for the RAMA Leaf, only thing I ordered :P Will those be shipped at the same time or?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:10:10 »
Rama leaf may be earlier. I got my Rama Jamon Bacon cap before the set, and just got notice that the Rama Oblivion cap is shipping.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:21:43 »
Can't find anything about expected shipping date. What's the current status? In my case just for the RAMA Leaf, only thing I ordered :P Will those be shipped at the same time or?

Rama caps will ship with/same time as the keysets

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:26:27 »
UPDATE 2: We have received round 2 color samples and they're nice but I'm not 100% happy with them and I want you to bring you guys the nicest set possible that also goes along with my vision for the set, so we're getting an R3 of samples. Sadly this will push delivery back but bear with me. I'd rather this set come out nice and later rather than sooner and not so nice  :thumb:

Keep in mind the colors will look different to everyone and this photo does not show the colors perfectly. (but it does give a good idea)

Offline ilemondrop

Re: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream | Round 2 samples here!
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:58:56 »
Dam, round 1 looks much better than round 2 if not closer to the original renders.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 14:59:04 »
UPDATE 2: We have received round 2 color samples and they're nice but I'm not 100% happy with them and I want you to bring you guys the nicest set possible that also goes along with my vision for the set, so we're getting an R3 of samples. Sadly this will push delivery back but bear with me. I'd rather this set come out nice and later rather than sooner and not so nice  :thumb:

Keep in mind the colors will look different to everyone and this photo does not show the colors perfectly. (but it does give a good idea)

Show Image

Is Round 2 white the same as Round 1 white?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:54:16 »

Show Image

Is Round 2 white the same as Round 1 white?
It's the same white. PnC is using CP.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:56:31 »
R1 looking a bit warmer/muted compared to r2. Seems like the 3 colors flow into each other better (to me). But I mean they both look nice on their own!

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:57:22 »
Dam, round 1 looks much better than round 2 if not closer to the original renders.
We'll be sure to take my photos with a grain of salt. They do not represent the actual colors of the caps, they're just for reference. The actual colors are lighter

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:18:27 »
We'll be sure to take my photos with a grain of salt. They do not represent the actual colors of the caps, they're just for reference. The actual colors are lighter

It's very difficult to shoot two comparable photos:

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:41:56 »

Show Image

I agree it's very hard to capture colors correctly. But you can see the difference with the white cap. The colors for round 1 samples looked very close to what I could see in person. But in the round 2 photo you can clearly see CP looks like WS2 or something lol.

Offline dydy124

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 23:07:10 »

I second this. Let's hope r3 is perfect!:)

Would it be possible to point out what you thought needed correction?

Offline Andalus

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 07:21:23 »

Show Image

I agree it's very hard to capture colors correctly. But you can see the difference with the white cap. The colors for round 1 samples looked very close to what I could see in person. But in the round 2 photo you can clearly see CP looks like WS2 or something lol.

Why not take a single photo of both rounds of samples side by side to eliminate as many variables as possible?

First round looked better to my eye. Accent colors are off in both cases, appreciate your discerning eye. Keep at it!  :thumb: 

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 07:39:54 »

Show Image

Why not take a single photo of both rounds of samples side by side to eliminate as many variables as possible?

First round looked better to my eye. Accent colors are off in both cases, appreciate your discerning eye. Keep at it!  :thumb: 

I might do that if you're curious, however I still cannot get them to show up right with my camera so you will never see them correctly. These pics were just meant to show updates. I do think R3 is going to be great though. I purchased quite a few physical samples before submitting R3. Trust me these will turn out nice!

Offline Andalus

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 12:55:52 »

Show Image

I might do that if you're curious, however I still cannot get them to show up right with my camera so you will never see them correctly. These pics were just meant to show updates. I do think R3 is going to be great though. I purchased quite a few physical samples before submitting R3. Trust me these will turn out nice!

I'm sure they'll turn out great, Rensuya . Waiting to pair this set with my Milky White Rama U80-A. The renders look incredible.

Appreciate your diligent work!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 October 2019, 13:02:55 by Andalus »

Offline monkeycap198

• Moonkey
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 11:05:25 »
new color sample looks great!

Offline Pattycakes

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 15:01:11 »
Excited about this set! It's my first time doing a group buy like this.

I'm not familiar with the process here, but in other industries colors can be specified with Pantone references which pretty much eliminates the need for color matching.

What is the process for deciding these colors don't match? Do you have a reference you're holding it against? If you have a physical reference it seems like they should have a reference and the amount of time spent on this could be significantly reduced.

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 10:42:18 »
Why not post a pic with both rounds of colour samples though?

Offline bliss

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 08:56:16 »
Hi Rensuya! Congrats for the nice numbers! I'm in myself, my first GB and GMK set, so beautiful

I love the physical ISO support right out of the box. Now I've noticed that it is somewhere between UK and US (ANSISO).  :-\
That is, neither is fully supported.

If at all possible at this point, I would suggest to change the R3 #~ to R3 \| so that US English over ISO would be complete. Maybe you are aware of this piece http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/ by depletedvespene. This is not adding keys, just changing one.  :p

(Over at KAT Atlantis the #~ is of course fine (ISO Kit), because you also provide the top row keys required to have full UK.)

Sorry for being late on this, but I was not aware of it earlier. I think the change to R3 \| would really polish this beauty to perfection; if not, I still love it, even with tiniest of quirks -maybe some change to consider for future sets though.

Thanks for giving us Peaches n Cream - soonish on an ISO TKL in front of me  :cool:
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2019, 09:10:48 by bliss »

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 11:48:18 »
Hi Rensuya! Congrats for the nice numbers! I'm in myself, my first GB and GMK set, so beautiful

I love the physical ISO support right out of the box. Now I've noticed that it is somewhere between UK and US (ANSISO).  :-\

If at all possible at this point, I would suggest to change the R3 #~ to R3 \| so that US English over ISO would be complete. Maybe you are aware of this piece http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/ by depletedvespene. This is not adding keys, just changing one. 

(Over at KAT Atlantis the #~ is of course fine (ISO Kit), because you also provide the top row keys required to have full UK.)

Sorry for being late on this, but I was not aware of it earlier. I think the change to R3 \| would really polish this beauty to perfection; if not, I still love it, even with tiniest of quirks -maybe some change to consider for future sets though.

Thanks for giving us Peaches n Cream - soonish on an ISO TKL in front of me  :cool:
Hey! I have always done this setup with my GMK sets for ISO. And it would be too late to change this for PnC. Thanks for joining!

Offline bliss

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 13:24:24 »

If at all possible at this point, I would suggest to change the R3 #~ to R3 \| so that US English over ISO would be complete. Maybe you are aware of this piece http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/ by depletedvespene. This is not adding keys, just changing one. 

Hey! I have always done this setup with my GMK sets for ISO. And it would be too late to change this for PnC. Thanks for joining!
Hi! Thank you for getting back to me, and to be honest, I love the set either way  :D

Offline Maxferfra

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 13:05:10 »
Thanks for the update.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2019, 13:09:52 by Maxferfra »

Offline Maxferfra

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 13:08:53 »
I agree with some people here that R1 was much better than R2.
R2 colors are too bright and sharp, and not as muted like R1 and the renders are.
I hope that R3 colors are more muted/pastel than R2.

Offline zqs1qiwan

• Dreams need money
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 07:31:22 »
I agree with some people here that R1 was much better than R2.
R2 colors are too bright and sharp, and not as muted like R1 and the renders are.
I hope that R3 colors are more muted/pastel than R2.
Agree!

Offline gidimi

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 02:04:41 »
Whats the status on this? Would be nice to also have a photo of both rounds together (no matter the camera quality)

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 10:30:09 »
Whats the status on this? Would be nice to also have a photo of both rounds together (no matter the camera quality)
Currently awaiting R3

Offline Poesjuh

Re: [GB] GMK Peaches n Cream | Waiting on Round 3 samples
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 02:27:52 »
And the rama caps? Are those done?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 09:41:23 »
And the rama caps? Are those done?
Yeah, I think the Rama will ship soon from some proxies if bought separate from keyset.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 16:29:14 »
Nice :) Would be bit of a shame to have to wait for multiple rounds of samples (nothing against that btw) when I only bought the rama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline megaforce

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 18:24:50 »
wait damn i missed out on a creampie desk mat
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 11:38:31 »
Mini Update: Rama caps are in and so are pics!

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2019, 11:46:38 by Rensuya »

Offline gidimi

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 08:42:43 »
Awesome, look great!

Offline dydy124

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 20:13:56 »
Any update avail ?:)

Offline The Equals D

Offline Pattycakes

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 23:17:53 »
Is there an update?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 18:33:18 »
Is there an update?

We're still waiting on R3 samples to come in. I suspect GMK is a bit behind due to holidays. I'll post here once we have an update  :thumb:

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 20:13:52 »
And still no Rama caps? Seems stupid to wait for yet another sample round if you only ordered a rama cap...

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 20:28:41 »
And still no Rama caps? Seems stupid to wait for yet another sample round if you only ordered a rama cap...

Well I believe those that purchased only Rama and deskmats will start to get those once vendors have them.

Offline dydy124

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 20:09:42 »
Any update avail?

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 10:57:51 »
Any update avail?
No, but I should be getting r3 soon

Offline bliss