Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 16 - Chip who? And BUELLER WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS!  (Read 145308 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Time for Fantasy Football!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 17:44:37 »
Lol so tempted to join even though I havenīt got a single clue about NFL...

Not sure if I want to let a LoL player in... ;)

But you totally should! You would learn a lot about it, and I'm pretty sure you would be able to put together a decent team if you just go off ratings, and it's a pretty fair drafting system. And you would have fun with the trash talking before the games im sure :)
Well I joined...

Yeeeee!!  Welcome aboard!  If you're worried about not knowing about the NFL, don't worry.  Do you know the sport at least?  If you know the sport you should still have fun.  :D  The fantasy experience and the league as a whole are possibly confusing, but you'll learn.  :P
All I know is that x amount of guys is running into opposing teams x amount of guys and then the referee blows the wistle and throws some towels around and they start over. Sometimes they even kick the ball but thats a rarety.

xD

11 guys per team on the field.  Towels only thrown when there are penalties.  If you want a basic run-down I'd gladly give you the basics, but if you're fine then I'm fine.  :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 17:49:40 »

But you totally should! You would learn a lot about it, and I'm pretty sure you would be able to put together a decent team if you just go off ratings, and it's a pretty fair drafting system. And you would have fun with the trash talking before the games im sure :)
Well I joined...

Awesome :D

We are at critical mass!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 10:12:05 »

Well I joined...

Yeeeee!!  Welcome aboard!  If you're worried about not knowing about the NFL, don't worry.  Do you know the sport at least?  If you know the sport you should still have fun.  :D  The fantasy experience and the league as a whole are possibly confusing, but you'll learn.  :P
All I know is that x amount of guys is running into opposing teams x amount of guys and then the referee blows the wistle and throws some towels around and they start over. Sometimes they even kick the ball but thats a rarety.

xD

11 guys per team on the field.  Towels only thrown when there are penalties.  If you want a basic run-down I'd gladly give you the basics, but if you're fine then I'm fine.  :P
Thanks for the offer! I will think about it and maybe do some research of my own first and ask if I have any questions maybe :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 10:15:08 »
So when are we going to draft?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:09:22 »
Well, trying to look at my limited resources right now, I think we can start absolutely any time. Only problem is I have no access to a computer for a week, and right now I'm at work where the site is blocked -.- but I think I can do it on my phone.

So if people have a specific time they do/don't want to draft, let it be known! I've also posted on the league itself so people can see it there

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 19:51:18 »
Well anytime when I'm sleeping sucks for me, otherwise I can make it. So that would be 12pm-6pm NY time / 4pm-10pm GMT. But if it's on a Friday or Saturday I can probably get around that.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:02:22 »
Well anytime when I'm sleeping sucks for me, otherwise I can make it. So that would be 12pm-6pm NY time / 4pm-10pm GMT. But if it's on a Friday or Saturday I can probably get around that.

Yeah. That makes sense. And we have a few people from different places so it would be a good idea to have it evening time GMT.

I think if we go for the weekend after next? So the 16th or 17th? Gives me time to make sure I know how the hell it's going to work, and means more people are going to be able to make it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:19:35 »

Yeah. That makes sense. And we have a few people from different places so it would be a good idea to have it evening time GMT.

I think if we go for the weekend after next? So the 16th or 17th? Gives me time to make sure I know how the hell it's going to work, and means more people are going to be able to make it.

I have some celebrations that weekend that might cause issues, but I should be able to work around them.   :thumb:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:21:22 »
Sounds good to me!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:31:05 »
I have some celebrations that weekend that might cause issues, but I should be able to work around them.   :thumb:

Well, other than Signature, bueller and me, I don't thiiiiiiink there is anyone outside of the US, so if it has to be the evening for you, then the majority of people should be able to be a little flexible.

I won't be at home that weekend, but I will be at work with access to GH and *hopefully* draft through my mobile.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:34:15 »

Well, other than Signature, bueller and me, I don't thiiiiiiink there is anyone outside of the US, so if it has to be the evening for you, then the majority of people should be able to be a little flexible.

I won't be at home that weekend, but I will be at work with access to GH and *hopefully* draft through my mobile.

Yeah, if I can do draft on mobile I should be fine.  I do know that the time limit is 90 seconds, and for 8 or us selecting 16 (I think?) people it could take quite some time.  That's my only worry, is finding the time away from the other stuff to do it.  But I'm sure it'll work out just fine.  Honestly, I have one person I absolutely want, and everyone else I could survive being auto-drafted.  :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 20:38:10 »

Yeah, if I can do draft on mobile I should be fine.  I do know that the time limit is 90 seconds, and for 8 or us selecting 16 (I think?) people it could take quite some time.  That's my only worry, is finding the time away from the other stuff to do it.  But I'm sure it'll work out just fine.  Honestly, I have one person I absolutely want, and everyone else I could survive being auto-drafted.  :P

Mmk, well I will look if there are any guides or anything for the NFL's draft and provide more info.

Oooooh, who? :P

I just want Alfred Morris and Jonny Maziel.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 17:17:30 »
Joined up! As for the draft, between the 16th/17th, the 17th is probably easier for me to make, but I may be able to swing either way.  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 18:21:55 »
I'm good with any draft day. Just keep us updated!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 06:59:36 »
Well, I'm impressed at how well the Redskins played against the Patriots. Our offence was strong, offensive line included, and our seconday wasn't as bad as it has been in previous years.

I think I may settle on the 17th, the Sunday, it will just give me a bit more time to work out how it all works, and it might give more people a chance, although it might be a problem for Signature and Bueller seeing as it will mean staying up late before work, so I might just have to blast through the process and we do it on Saturday instead.

Bueller/Signature/ any other non-USTZ guys signed up, are you ok with Sunday evening GMT?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 07:02:32 »
Well, I'm impressed at how well the Redskins played against the Patriots. Our offence was strong, offensive line included, and our seconday wasn't as bad as it has been in previous years.

I think I may settle on the 17th, the Sunday, it will just give me a bit more time to work out how it all works, and it might give more people a chance, although it might be a problem for Signature and Bueller seeing as it will mean staying up late before work, so I might just have to blast through the process and we do it on Saturday instead.

Bueller/Signature/ any other non-USTZ guys signed up, are you ok with Sunday evening GMT?

Yeah I can probably do that, I'm only doing odd jobs here and there at the moment so I probably don't need to be up too early Monday.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:04:40 »

Yh I can prob do that just give me a time and Iīll be there! :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:19:02 »
Ok. Hoff, I know you have some celebration type stuff to so, so I was maybe thinking between 9 and 10pm GMT, so 10/11 CET and 4/5pm EST? If that's alright for you and all other Americans?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:21:11 »
Ok. Hoff, I know you have some celebration type stuff to so, so I was maybe thinking between 9 and 10pm GMT, so 10/11 CET and 4/5pm EST? If that's alright for you and all other Americans?

If it's Sunday I should be good.   :thumb:   The bulk of the celebration is Saturday, but I'm not sure how much it will spill over into Sunday.  ;)

I'll let the other NA peeps chime in though.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 17:51:56 »
Also if it's Sunday people can catch some more pre season games too.

I will run an injury report on here Saturday night in the first post so people who aren't up to speed don't draft some duff card and bet their team on a player who will be out the first six games of the season or whatever.

Then I will probably lock this thread and start a new trash talk thread with an updated OP with the weekly head to heads, injury reports, current standings etc

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 17:56:36 »
I got beat last season by a girl who knew absolutely nothing about football and just drafted based upon yahoo rankings.

All of you have just as much of a chance of doing the same.

Oh... and **** you!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 17:34:42 »
Yeah, West Coasties let me know if the 1-2pm window is alright for you or if you want it loving back. We can probably only go about an hour or so in either direction though.

And I've been looking at some pre season games, I want ALL THE RUNNING BACKS

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:46:53 »
OK gentlemen

The draft date has been set for the 17th of August (this Sunday) at 4:30pm EDT (9:30pm GMT, 10:30pm CET and 6:30am 18/8/14 Sydney time)

The draft time has been set to 120 seconds per pick.

Scoring changes are as follows.

More
In addition to the original scores, QBs will score an additional 5 points for a 400+ passing yard game. RBs will score an additional 5 points for a 200+ rushing yard game. WRs will score an additional 5 points for a 200+ receiving yard game.

A FG missed under 20 yards will lose you 5 points.

The rest remains the same.

The draft order will be randomly determined 30 minutes prior to the draft taking place.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:49:00 »
5 point loss for a missed chip-shot seems a bit steep due to shanks, blocks, botched snaps and holds, etc. Can that be set to -3?

Otherwise everything looks good. I should be able to make the live draft.  :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 16:04:15 »
5 point loss for a missed chip-shot seems a bit steep due to shanks, blocks, botched snaps and holds, etc. Can that be set to -3?

Otherwise everything looks good. I should be able to make the live draft.  :thumb:

Mmm, I guess. I just thought they were super easy and needed penalising if they were missed.

But that's set to -3 now.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 15:48:25 »
Time for my pre-draft injury report. I'm going to go from top to bottom based on the Fantasy Ranking given to the players by the NFL, missing out players who are currently fit.

There are some BIG names here, and I don't want anyone to get caught out. A lot of the top TE's are out for the moment, so Jimmy Graham is going to be gold-dust

#6 WR - Julio Jones - ATL - Probable - Foot - Expected to play today (Saturday)
#10 RB - Montee Ball - DEN - Questionable - Appendix - Hoping to play at least one pre-season game, but may be held out until first regular season game
#7 WR - Jordy Nelson - GB - Probable - Hamstring - May play today (Saturday) against the Rams
#2 TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE - Questionable - Knee - Still not cleared for contact in practice. Had surgery on Jan 9th
#3 QB - Drew Brees - NO - Probable - Oblique - Participated in passing drills on Wednesday. No further news.
#3 TE - Julius Thomas - DEN - Probable - Thigh - No news in last 2 weeks
#15 RB - Zac Stacy - STL - Probable - Undisclosed - No news
#4 QB - Cam Newton - CAR - Probable - Ankle - Expected to play at least 1st Quarter of game on Sunday against the Chiefs
#16 WR - Victor Cruz - NYG - Probable - Knee - Didn't take part in Monday's practice, no further news
#17 WR - Michael Crabtree - SF - Probable - Undisclosed - Took part in Wednesday's practice
#7 TE - Jordan Cameron - CLE - Probable - Shoulder - Played full role in Friday's practise and is likely to play Monday vs Redskins
#4 TE - Vernon Davis - SF - Probable - Undisclosed - No news for 3 weeks
#24 WR - Michael Floyd - ARI - Probable - Groin - Did not practice Tuesday. Unknown if he will play against Vikings today (Saturday)
#6 TE - Dennis Pitta - BAL - Probable - Ankle - Practiced Monday.
#9 TE - Jordan Reed - WAS - Probable - Illness - Returned to practice Tuesday
#8 TE - Greg Olsen - CAR - Probable - Calf - Did not practice Thursday. No further news
#27 RB - Ray Rice - BAL - Out - Suspension - Will miss the first two games of the season due to aggravated assault charge - Played vs Dallas Saturday
#28 WR - Eric Decker - NYJ - Probable - Quadriceps - Participated in team drills during Tuesday's practice
#33 WR - Jeremy Maclin - PHI - Probable - Hamstring - Did not play vs NE on Friday

That's pretty much the top 7 rounds of the Fantasy draft. Will update tomorrow if there are any changes just before the draft.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 18:42:01 by katushkin »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 00:35:23 »
#7 WR - Jordy Nelson - GB - Probable - Hamstring - May play today (Saturday) against the Rams

:'(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 00:56:21 »
He took to the field today against the Rams but they didn't throw to him. So things may be looking up for him :)

But there are so many big names on there with problems. Gronk, Julius Thomas, Ray Rice, Montee Ball. Denver are going to be very trial and error in the first game of their regular season.

I'm just super happy no high profile Redskins/nobody I was looking to draft are injured

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 01:08:15 »
He took to the field today against the Rams but they didn't throw to him. So things may be looking up for him :)

But there are so many big names on there with problems. Gronk, Julius Thomas, Ray Rice, Montee Ball. Denver are going to be very trial and error in the first game of their regular season.

I'm just super happy no high profile Redskins/nobody I was looking to draft are injured

You're a Redskins fan?  Interesting.  I always wonder how non-US people pick a team to root for...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 01:57:34 »
I have 3 spots to fill in the 8 man league I'm running with my football team, anyone want to join another league?

You're a Redskins fan?  Interesting.  I always wonder how non-US people pick a team to root for...

For me it was watching all the episodes of America's Game. I was kind of going for the Saints last year which was my first year following the league but now I'm a 9ers fan and here to stay. Love me some defence.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 01:59:44 by bueller »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 02:21:46 »
I have 3 spots to fill in the 8 man league I'm running with my football team, anyone want to join another league?

For me it was watching all the episodes of America's Game. I was kind of going for the Saints last year which was my first year following the league but now I'm a 9ers fan and here to stay. Love me some defence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Game:_The_Super_Bowl_Champions

That show?

And hmm, interesting.  I knew you were sort of into the Saints last year, but I didn't realize you had swapped.  Interesting.  You are now sort of a rival of mine.  Nicely done.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 02:26:27 »
Yep that's the one! Yeah a mate of mine gives me constant grief about swapping teams (bloody Bears fan) but I'm just drawn to the 49ers way more than the Saints. Pretty sure I only picked them last year because I had Brees in my fantasy league :P

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 02:46:57 »
Yep that's the one! Yeah a mate of mine gives me constant grief about swapping teams (bloody Bears fan) but I'm just drawn to the 49ers way more than the Saints. Pretty sure I only picked them last year because I had Brees in my fantasy league :P

I found the problem.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 03:09:34 »

I found the problem.
Hahahaha *brofist*

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 11:49:28 »
I think I just turned on the TV one day and the redskins were playing someone and I was intrigued by the 21 on their helmets and just liked the way they played I guess.

Then I found out about Sean Taylor and was just kind of drawn to them. So yeah, been about 5 years now I think.

Also, I'm in another friends fantasy league already, but depending on when your draft is Bueller I guess  I could go for another

Not long until the draft now boys!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 14:45:33 »
45 minutes to go!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:26:09 »
Draft is set to offline?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:29:28 »
Yeah, that's what it says on my phone as well.

I definitely 100% changed it yesterday. I will have to do some emergency checks

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:31:52 »
It was showing the right time even as of an hour ago, too.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:33:09 »

Whoa yeah now it's bumped back.  It was correct about five minutes ago.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:34:31 »
I think it's time to think of a way to live chat if this is supposed to be at the same time as originally planned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:36:30 »

Yeah, same on my phone too.

I've just had to log on via my laptop to double check because luckily I brought it to work to watch some stuff via my hotspot on my phone.

Somehow, it managed to reset the draft type to Offline. I don't know how or why, but my mobile app also said offline draft type. Now it has changed to Live after I've edited the settings.

I'm sorry guys. I screwed up, somehow. After reviewing my settings, the earliest point I could reschedule the draft to is 6pm EDT, in an hour and 25 minutes :'(

Goddammit :(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:42:45 »
I KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED. OUR LEAGUE NEEDS TO BE FULL TO DRAFT. I have removed two of the slots so we need one more person D:

Jesus...

To Bueller and Signature I'm especially sorry. I know this is now going to be midnight CET for Signature, and as for Bueller, I just don't even know what time this will be.

As for everyone else who took time out of their Sunday to sit down and pay attention to their phones/computers for a while, again, I'm sorry for the cock up.

Any issues with this new time let me know.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 16:05:14 by katushkin »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 16:06:31 »
It would have been nice to have a notification somewhere saying we needed to be full to draft.

We need one more person in order to draft.

Someone. Plz.

Edit: the draft will keep being postponed by the software until we have a full league.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 17:18:11 by katushkin »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Time for Fantasy Football! - NEED ONE MORE!
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:46:40 »
Not the ideal solution but I'm short in my league too, maybe we could combine the two. Draft is already scheduled for 11am Saturday EDT though, had to work it around a bunch of people's schedules.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:50:56 »
I figured this league would fill up so fast, I rushed to sign up. Who knew a bunch of geeks sitting around their computers all day wouldn't want to get into a fun trash-talking fantasy game???

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:55:34 »
I pick the 49ers
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 11:06:18 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:18:33 »
Okay, I signed up to fill the last spot. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:20:14 »
Okay, I signed up to fill the last spot. :)

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*