Author Topic: [GB] SA Espresso | GB Closed  (Read 72383 times)

Offline Sumthingasian

Re: [GB] SA Espresso | GB Closed
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 17:35:09 »
Hi folks. I made a small order last week for matching convex minibars with sizes 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u, and 3u represented. I can post back here when they've arrived.

I love you

Offline smshark

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 18:21:31 »
Yes I know that concave bars were a limitation, obviously if I was sarting a new SA GB today I would use the new molds. It's completely different to make kitting changes before or AFTER the GB. You're giving people something different than what they bought.

I did the poll for everyone that I could, which is geekhack and my discord. You're right that it would be ideal to poll every single customer but I can't do that, especially since I had limited time to gather customer feedback and make a decision or it would start hurting production times.

I can't read people minds, I'm not gonna assume what everyone wants, I'm gonna use the data that I could gather to make a decision and I'm going to prioritize not making kitting changes after GB unless a significant percentage wants it. If someone bough the set it means they are okay with concave bars or they don't even know the difference, so it's not that terrible to just give them the product they were gonna get from the start. There's several previous SA sets like this, it's fine.

In any case I don't know why you're so worked up, I'm not ignoring anyone, I'm not acting like I'm doing anything noble. Relax.
Unbiased and hopefully helpful input on the disconnect to at least fill in some of the blanks.

I think maybe what is frustrating some folks is that, post-SA Mizu (I know it was marketed for SA Dualshot as well), the option for convex spacebars has been known - so there was a missed opportunity out front (some may have even assumed the bars would be convex based on this). Additionally, without stating what "significant" means in terms of a number of buyers voting for a certain option, it's really hard to understand why a healthy majority would not result in a modification being made, especially if you as a designer have polled for input and did not want to be making a decision unilaterally...

I understand the reluctance to make changes after money has been taken and the GB period is over but, to be frank, I don't think you should have polled for this option at all if you did not take additional steps to maximize the number of buyers participating, make a decision based explicitly on the results alone, or use designer discretion if you truly believe convex bars to be a better choice. In my experience, if you request feedback and make a decision that is counter to the feedback received, people are going to lose trust. This is a fair response in my opinion and, while nothing can be done now, maybe this perspective can help clear up the level of frustration in this thread.

Offline JPoc

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 18:46:37 »
Unbiased and hopefully helpful input on the disconnect to at least fill in some of the blanks.

I think maybe what is frustrating some folks is that, post-SA Mizu (I know it was marketed for SA Dualshot as well), the option for convex spacebars has been known - so there was a missed opportunity out front (some may have even assumed the bars would be convex based on this). Additionally, without stating what "significant" means in terms of a number of buyers voting for a certain option, it's really hard to understand why a healthy majority would not result in a modification being made, especially if you as a designer have polled for input and did not want to be making a decision unilaterally...

I understand the reluctance to make changes after money has been taken and the GB period is over but, to be frank, I don't think you should have polled for this option at all if you did not take additional steps to maximize the number of buyers participating, make a decision based explicitly on the results alone, or use designer discretion if you truly believe convex bars to be a better choice. In my experience, if you request feedback and make a decision that is counter to the feedback received, people are going to lose trust. This is a fair response in my opinion and, while nothing can be done now, maybe this perspective can help clear up the level of frustration in this thread.

That is fair and I appreciate the respectful criticism, it does make me think that I should have set the expectations better when I did the poll.

I will try to provide a better explanation of the situation and my mindset. SP contacted us offering to use the new molds for the spacebars kit but they only gave me a weekend to give an answer or it would delay production. I considered rejecting right away because I don't want to make changes post GB, but I thought I'd do a poll just in case somehow we get a good number of responses in such a short time. I would have made the change if we got 80%+ in favor of convex and good numbers but we didn't, so that's pretty much it.

It is true that I expected from the start that we would keep concave and I should have clarified that since I can see how it's dissaponting for the people that got hopeful about the change.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 19:31:00 »
Spacebars should be convex. No reason to not take the option if available. IMO the poll was unnecessary.

Offline lazergician

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 25 September 2022, 12:29:12 »
Spacebar debate aside, I'm excited that production's moving along! Looking forward to having these on hand at some point.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 20:09:48 »
Its being delivered to vendors. We should be getting those soon:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline patcoll

• !40s
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 19:51:11 »
Following up on this. Convex minibars received. Once I get my set l’ll confirm the color match.

Hi folks. I made a small order last week for matching convex minibars with sizes 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u, and 3u represented. I can post back here when they've arrived.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 11:46:35 »

Oh lawd. I am so ready.

Offline phinix

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 26 October 2022, 14:41:37 »

Oh lawd. I am so ready.

Yeah, me too :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 16:03:46 »
American customers getting shipping for the set now. So happy it is finally happening.
It'll probably be a few weeks for me, but that's fine. Can't wait for the first pictures to roll in of the set on boards.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 16:22:54 »
I got a shipping notice today from Kono.

As this is SP SA-lay out all your caps when you get them. Historically I’ve had 1/12 kits have two of one key and none of another. Vendors have taken care of me (Thanks to Kono, drop, and novelkeys)

Offline phinix

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 06:26:15 »
Great news! :)
Can't wait for mine from Kono.

Offline grezeh

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 12:12:14 »
Poggies! Warm chocolate (caps) is just what's needed! Mine will probably get here in time for christmas

Offline phinix

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 16:02:33 »
Uuuuuuu, I got my notification, its coming! :)

Offline Asmosia

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 15:00:10 »
Got mine in a few hours ago! Nice to finally have this setup complete. Going to get an extra housing for the GMMK Pro and color it to match, though the black does look real nice. Another project will be the coffee bean or coffee cup dial I plan to model and 3d print in resin. Looks great, thanks for making this happen!

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 19:19:44 »
Got mine in a few hours ago! Nice to finally have this setup complete. Going to get an extra housing for the GMMK Pro and color it to match, though the black does look real nice. Another project will be the coffee bean or coffee cup dial I plan to model and 3d print in resin. Looks great, thanks for making this happen!
Unf. Beautiful. Can't wait to get an extras set.

Offline phinix

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 14:02:38 »

Because of the lighting its hard to tell what colors those caps have, I hope they are close to initial renders?

Offline honorless

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 16:16:16 »
Wow. Count me among the buyers who honestly assumed the spacebars would be switched to convex since the molds were available. I honestly wouldn't have ordered the bars kit at all if I'd known.

My own fault (in part) but man...what a letdown. Here's hoping patcoll ordered enough for all of us.

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 18 November 2022, 00:53:51 »
Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't realize the only spacebars in question re: convex/concave are the small bars. Nevermind!
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 November 2022, 00:56:31 by nickthaskater »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 05:36:33 »
I received my sets yesterday and although I have not fitted them to anything yet, they look amazing in terms of colour.  This set has turned out just like the renders and I can't want to use it.  Good job.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline phinix

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 17:19:20 »
I'm selling my set in case someone would like to have it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 07 May 2023, 16:04:47 »
Do those modifiers have same color as SA Chocolatier's?

Offline svenge

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 02 July 2023, 09:22:14 »
Finally built my espresso keeb

Offline MSA_Vision

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 02 July 2023, 09:50:46 »
Set turned out real nice, would like to see it made in cherry profile in some capacity if possible :D
Sic Parvis Magna