Author Topic: Recently keep an eye on Steelseries Rical 600. Any thoughts about it?  (Read 9666 times)

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
Rival 600 launched for a while. I read some reviews about it. To be honest, I was touched when I first know it. But I am not a proper gamer. So I really hesitate to have one.

Would you guys share your thoughts on gaming mice?

Thank you.

188458-0

Offline munch

• !
Re: Recently keep an eye on Steelseries Rical 600. Any thoughts about it?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 11:36:04 »
it's really good. the buttons are a little on the heavier actuation side of things but the shape is nice, the materials are great, low enough weight to be good, good scroll wheel, nice detachable cable too.

the buttons were a bit too heavy for me personally so I sold mine already, but it's a nice mouse for sure.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 20:02:24 »
about gaming mice, what I think should be considered are sensor, shape and weight.

- sensor: Rival 600 has Depth Perception sensor, well... even if you don't lift your mouse that much, this is a nice addition.
- shape: depends on user, though Rival 600 has a nice shape.
- weight: Rival 600 has good weight and it also can be customized.

a while ago I use Logitech G502, I keep it mainly for its buttons. It's heavy, I must use a hard-mousepad (Logitech G440) to offset that, but my hand still got tired in long session of playing.
I have switched to use Trackball, one with many buttons (Elecom HUGE), for everyday use and when I want to play game, I use Logitech G403.

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 23:52:27 »
it's really good. the buttons are a little on the heavier actuation side of things but the shape is nice, the materials are great, low enough weight to be good, good scroll wheel, nice detachable cable too.

the buttons were a bit too heavy for me personally so I sold mine already, but it's a nice mouse for sure.

Wow, thank you.

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 23:54:53 »
about gaming mice, what I think should be considered are sensor, shape and weight.

- sensor: Rival 600 has Depth Perception sensor, well... even if you don't lift your mouse that much, this is a nice addition.
- shape: depends on user, though Rival 600 has a nice shape.
- weight: Rival 600 has good weight and it also can be customized.

a while ago I use Logitech G502, I keep it mainly for its buttons. It's heavy, I must use a hard-mousepad (Logitech G440) to offset that, but my hand still got tired in long session of playing.
I have switched to use Trackball, one with many buttons (Elecom HUGE), for everyday use and when I want to play game, I use Logitech G403.

Thank you. I am not familiar with how the weight of mouse will effect on the performance. I am not a FPS gamer. My Rival 600 has been with me for months. For me it is enough for playing SC. :)

Offline onlyabyte

• tekbyte
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 19:39:36 »
Looks really good - far better than Logitech's Proteus. :p Though the angles might be not suited for an office environment (consider the Rival 100/110 for that).
Akko 3087 SA Retro (45g Pink Linears) || Tecware Phantom Cherry BoW (45g Red Linears)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 05:04:45 »
I've come to the conclusion that Logitech is the only company that knows what they're doing on the side of "Engineering /Good Practice"

Everyone else is just a toy, buy off the shelf, and flip