Author Topic: Troubled Minds, Jukebox, Nuclear, 1976  (Read 12011 times)

Offline AwSmCreator

Troubled Minds, Jukebox, Nuclear, 1976
« on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 03:06:13 »
I really like these keycap sets. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get the base sets and modifiers? Would be putting them on 60% boards.

Offline logomachy

Re: Troubled Minds, Jukebox, Nuclear, 1976
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 03:13:11 »
Some are available here:
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 03:44:37 »
Some are available here:
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/

I check pimpmykeyboard everyday, but they seem to always be out of stock.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 04:01:52 »
Jukebox was on Massdrop.  You can request it to be rerun, but > 1000 people already have. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/jukebox-sa-keyset?mode=guest_open

Troubled Minds also on Massdrop, nearly 400 people have requested a rerun. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/troubled-minds-sa-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

All are SP sets, and I'm not sure they would run them again without permission from the set designer.

You could camp in classifieds and hope someone is selling a set.  With a few more posts and a marginally longer membership you can create a WTB thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 04:16:22 »
Jukebox was on Massdrop.  You can request it to be rerun, but > 1000 people already have. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/jukebox-sa-keyset?mode=guest_open

Troubled Minds also on Massdrop, nearly 400 people have requested a rerun. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/troubled-minds-sa-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

All are SP sets, and I'm not sure they would run them again without permission from the set designer.

You could camp in classifieds and hope someone is selling a set.  With a few more posts and a marginally longer membership you can create a WTB thread.

Yeah a friend of mine turned me on to Geek Hack and I have been loving it here. Would really like to make that WTB thread but all in good time. I was actually wondering about Mass Drop and at what point they would rerun a key set like Jukebox or the Troubled Minds set.

Offline seville57

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 08:17:40 »
I really like these keycap sets. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get the base sets and modifiers? Would be putting them on 60% boards.

I got my 2 Jukebox SA keycaps sets from Massdrop last year, for my 108/109 keys k-boards.

My setup:

2x Base kit

2x Nonstandard Adapter and layout Modifier kit

2x Numpad kit

2x Alternate Color Modifier kit

2x Novelties kit

2x International kit

2x ISO kit

The 2 pumpkin caps don't belong to the Jukebox SA set.
Ducky One RGB YOTG.

ANSI and ISO/Nordic Jukebox SA sets.
Ducky One RGB YOTG and Ducky Shine 3 ISO/Nordic.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2016, 08:40:31 by seville57 »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 08:21:04 »
Jukebox and 1976 are both rerunning soon per the set creators. Nuclear will be the hardest one to track down. Once Troubled Minds ships you'll just need to post a WTB of keep your eyes peeled. Somebody will definitely be looking to sell by the time they're made.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 08:22:32 »

Yeah a friend of mine turned me on to Geek Hack and I have been loving it here. Would really like to make that WTB thread but all in good time. I was actually wondering about Mass Drop and at what point they would rerun a key set like Jukebox or the Troubled Minds set.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71508.0 - Jukebox R2 Information :thumb:

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 12:49:56 »
I don't know if I like that all the caps nowadays are on Massdrop...
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 22:36:51 »
I don't know if I like that all the caps nowadays are on Massdrop...

Prices are about the same, and they have a warehouse setup to handle the shipping, which is what seems to kill most enthusiast-run group buys when the 500 sets of keycaps arrive at someone's home and need to be sorted, packaged and shipped.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:48:05 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71508.0 - Jukebox R2 Information :thumb:
Thanks! Gonna be on the look out for this.

Offline MassdropYanbo

• Massdrop Mech Keys
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 15:09:26 »
Jukebox and 1976 are both rerunning soon per the set creators.

Confirming that 1976 will happen in March. Very excited about this set. Should be my first SA  :thumb:

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:41:06 »
Jukebox and 1976 are both rerunning soon per the set creators.

Confirming that 1976 will happen in March. Very excited about this set. Should be my first SA  :thumb:

The 1976 set looks great. Can't wait for it to come out again.

Offline ntelope

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 23:06:03 »
Im jusy sad that the 1976 is going to be r3 instead of sculptured.. i dunno if i should still go for it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 23:55:54 »
Im jusy sad that the 1976 is going to be r3 instead of sculptured.. i dunno if i should still go for it

R3 is great! :)

Offline ntelope

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:01:52 »

Really? Isnt the sculpted version better for typing?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:08:17 »

I found that the sculpted keycaps are so high that I tended to push the top row backwards instead of down.  Didn't help.  R3 is nice, like DSA but with better heft to them.

Offline ntelope

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:15:07 »

I found that the sculpted keycaps are so high that I tended to push the top row backwards instead of down.  Didn't help.  R3 is nice, like DSA but with better heft to them.
I see, thanks for your input! I guess it wont hurt to try them out :) do you know what i should be expecting for a shipping date? Im just worried it wont come in time since im heading out of the states for summer break once college is over

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:47:05 »

I see, thanks for your input! I guess it wont hurt to try them out :) do you know what i should be expecting for a shipping date? Im just worried it wont come in time since im heading out of the states for summer break once college is over

No idea.  Massdrop drops usually run for 7 to 10 days, then SP has to make them and last I heard they were very busy atm.  Might be a few weeks delay there.  Then they ship to Massdrop (another couple of days).  Massdrop sorts and ships to you (anything up to another week).

The big question is how long it will take SP to make the sets.

Offline livegorilla

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 16:07:41 »

No idea.  Massdrop drops usually run for 7 to 10 days, then SP has to make them and last I heard they were very busy atm.  Might be a few weeks delay there.  Then they ship to Massdrop (another couple of days).  Massdrop sorts and ships to you (anything up to another week).

The big question is how long it will take SP to make the sets.

Expected completion is 7/28 according to the PMK website.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 10:03:42 »
Nuclear Data will be hard to find and even harder to find to purchase rather than trade, GL finding them all though and may God have mercy on your wallet :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline MassdropYanbo

• Massdrop Mech Keys
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 13:22:20 »
Wanted to share some initial images of Troubled Minds with everyone.

I think these are coming out pretty awesome!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 13:33:23 »

I keep forgetting it's already March!

Also, 1976 is on Massdrop.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 23:12:41 »
That Troubled Minds set looks great.  Looking forward to putting them on and giving SA a spin.

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 06:02:43 »

Yanbo, why do you tease me so? The set looks amazing though. Really hope I can find one somewhere.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 15:11:21 »

I got my 2 Jukebox SA keycaps sets from Massdrop last year, for my 108/109 keys k-boards.

My setup:

2x Base kit

2x Numpad kit

2x Novelties kit

2x International kit

2x ISO kit

Ducky One RGB YOTG.
Show Image

Show Image

Serious amounts of Jukebox you have there  :eek: I was just thinking about one day owning a set and then I see this  :thumb:

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 08:34:16 »

My setup:

2x Base kit

2x Numpad kit

2x Novelties kit

2x International kit

2x ISO kit

Ducky One RGB YOTG.
Show Image

Show Image

Serious amounts of Jukebox you have there  :eek: I was just thinking about one day owning a set and then I see this  :thumb:

Jukebox is supposed to be coming out again on MassDrop! The 1976 set is up right now as well.

Offline seville57

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 11:49:07 »

My setup:

2x Base kit

2x Numpad kit

2x Novelties kit

2x International kit

2x ISO kit

Ducky One RGB YOTG.
Show Image

Show Image

Thanks

The pictures are old, I have the ANSI set on a Ducky Shine 3 k-board now.

I just love the cars from the 50's (not chevy) and the music.
So this sets was a "must have", great when I playin Fallout 4, the set match the 50's style in the game.

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 12:10:28 »
iirc, SA profile caps were brought back from the dead, because everyone loves that retro feel/look. I too, want an SA set, but all I have left is an HHKB!

Best of luck with your search!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 12:11:20 »
iirc, SA profile caps were brought back from the dead, because everyone loves that retro feel/look. I too, want an SA set, but all I have left is an HHKB!

Best of luck with your search!

Slider, brah.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 12:29:16 »
First person with Jukebox on an HHKB should get a free pizza from any pizza place on the planet.

Oh wait... Nova Touch Sliders on a HHKB? Whaaaaat? http://imgur.com/a/ry0Nr

Edit - from user parhelion318

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 March 2016, 14:03:33 by csmertx »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:59:08 »
First person with Jukebox on an HHKB should get a free pizza from any pizza place on the planet.

Oh wait... Nova Touch Sliders on a HHKB? Whaaaaat? http://imgur.com/a/ry0Nr

Show Image

Show Image

How does SA feel on Topre?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 14:01:13 »
I wish I knew, that Imgur link is from user parhelion318.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 14:30:24 »
im running jukebox on massdrop again soon  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 07:46:33 »
im running jukebox on massdrop again soon  :thumb:

YES!!!! I can't wait.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:35:41 »

How much taller are the SA's anyway? I haven't really dug the forums for a detailed shot of it in comparison with any other profiles.

I think they will look pretty slick on on a full 104board like a g-80 to replicate a more retro look.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:08:47 »

How much taller are the SA's anyway? I haven't really dug the forums for a detailed shot of it in comparison with any other profiles.

I think they will look pretty slick on on a full 104board like a g-80 to replicate a more retro look.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:36:12 »

Show Image

Thanks, that's pretty rad.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:38:02 by Geckt »