Author Topic: Civ V/VI Discussion & Multiplayer Thread  (Read 51327 times)

Offline Pdub

Re: Civ V Discussion & Multiplayer Thread
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 23:06:32 »

More
1700 with a couple hundred AFK hours thrown in, but yes, I've played a little Civ  :p

Multiplayer is still kind of a mess so many years after release but even with the issues connecting and loading for multiplayer and also trying to arrange times that work with everyone's schedule, it's still a good time!  Our game going on right now is one of the fastest games I've played on multiplayer and it's still gonna span probably 8-10 hours, but the longest I've stayed in for a multiplayer game was 28 hours over a couple months before someone won so 8-10 isn't too bad.
Hoffman, Steezus and I played Saturday and actually completed a game in about 5-7 hours.

Hoff won.

I noticed if you just get a little ahead you can keep that lead pretty easily.

I just don't know how to catch up other than war. However that makes the game soooooo freaking long for everyone.

The struggle.

Yeah I always played the game to win by domination, it's fun but lengthy. I had all my nukes in range of Hoff's capital, I should've just taken him out and take the crown for myself. :p

I saw your nukes and wasn't necessarily "prepared", but was ready to prepare quickly for such an event.  :P  Not saying you wouldn't have managed to sneak ahead, but it wouldn't have been quite the surprise attack you were hoping for.  ;)

Haha I think I was the only one with uranium, should've taken you all out. :p

I had 7 uranium. I just decided not to waste the time because thought we were not fighting!! :)

I wanted a little action so that's why I started attacking the Polish. :p

I hear that. That is why I took out Washington.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:00:27 »
More
1700 with a couple hundred AFK hours thrown in, but yes, I've played a little Civ  :p

Multiplayer is still kind of a mess so many years after release but even with the issues connecting and loading for multiplayer and also trying to arrange times that work with everyone's schedule, it's still a good time!  Our game going on right now is one of the fastest games I've played on multiplayer and it's still gonna span probably 8-10 hours, but the longest I've stayed in for a multiplayer game was 28 hours over a couple months before someone won so 8-10 isn't too bad.
Hoffman, Steezus and I played Saturday and actually completed a game in about 5-7 hours.

Hoff won.

I just don't know how to catch up other than war. However that makes the game soooooo freaking long for everyone.

The struggle.

Yeah I always played the game to win by domination, it's fun but lengthy. I had all my nukes in range of Hoff's capital, I should've just taken him out and take the crown for myself. :p

I saw your nukes and wasn't necessarily "prepared", but was ready to prepare quickly for such an event.  :P  Not saying you wouldn't have managed to sneak ahead, but it wouldn't have been quite the surprise attack you were hoping for.  ;)

I had 7 uranium. I just decided not to waste the time because thought we were not fighting!! :)

God Steezus, leave the poor Poles alone! 

Seriously though, Poland is one of the consistently ranked God-tier Civs along with Korea, Babylon, and Mayans.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 11:40:44 »
More

Hoff won.

The struggle.

Seriously though, Poland is one of the consistently ranked God-tier Civs along with Korea, Babylon, and Mayans.

Haha my father's side is Polish so I felt justified in allowing to take them out. >:D

All I know is, I hate Japan(in the game not irl). Bastards tricked me into giving them two of my cities, should've read the terms and agreement. :))
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 12:23:22 »
More

Hoff won.

The struggle.

Haha my father's side is Polish so I felt justified in allowing to take them out. >:D

All I know is, I hate Japan(in the game not irl). Bastards tricked me into giving them two of my cities, should've read the terms and agreement. :))

Oh okay, you're good then!

Also, if anyone is interested, below is a link that lists all of the Civs and their attributes such as loyalty, wonder competitiveness, or friendliness so if you sort by loyalty you can find the backstabbing SOBs and learn to avoid them.

http://civdata.com/
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 19:59:19 »
Everybody down again for Friday @ 9:00 p.m. EST?

Offline Pdub

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 20:06:17 »

Everybody down again for Friday @ 9:00 p.m. EST?

Tentatively.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 20:21:47 »
k

Offline Pdub

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:16:07 »
im good for tonight.

Cpt? Hoff?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:31:24 »
Ehhhh, mayyybe?  I'm leaving right now to go to a pasty party and I don't know when it will end.  It's entirely possible that it will turn into an all-night affair.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:39:42 »
Ehhhh, mayyybe?  I'm leaving right now to go to a pasty party and I don't know when it will end.  It's entirely possible that it will turn into an all-night affair.

That's fine, if we can't get the whole crew on I'm down for a small match. :thumb:

Offline Pdub

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:56:21 »

That's fine, if we can't get the whole crew on I'm down for a small match. :thumb:

On my way home. Be on in 10.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:58:22 »
Definitely don't wait for me.  :P

Offline Pdub

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:59:49 »

getting some PaSSty? ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:03:51 »

getting some PaSSty? ;)

I stuffed the passty with my meat.

Or whatever

Offline Pdub

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:08:20 »
More

Hoff won.

The struggle.

Oh okay, you're good then!

Also, if anyone is interested, below is a link that lists all of the Civs and their attributes such as loyalty, wonder competitiveness, or friendliness so if you sort by loyalty you can find the backstabbing SOBs and learn to avoid them.

http://civdata.com/

Smaller game with You Steezus and me? im on Teamspeak.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 07:16:25 »
Are we playing this evening, gents?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 07:28:47 »
Are we playing this evening, gents?

I'm in.  Should be good for most of the evening.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 07:29:46 »
I'm in

Offline Pdub

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 08:12:45 »
In honor of the new Civ thread, I present this...

Waateva, your headset is out for delivery.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 11:57:52 »
In honor of the new Civ thread, I present this...

Waateva, your headset is out for delivery.

I saw that, thanks for sending it!  I haven't had much time to respond with tax season and all, but I should be good for tonight.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 12:09:19 »
@Steezus ?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 12:11:13 »
@Steezus ?

My bad, didn't scroll up far enough to see the question. Yeah I'm in. :thumb:

Offline Pdub

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 13:10:10 »

Tonight!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 13:13:04 »
Show Image

Tonight!

That is a lot of whiskey for one night!

Offline Pdub

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 13:16:06 »

Show Image

Tonight!

That is a lot of whiskey for one night!
Only one bottle and they are small. I love my scotch.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 14:02:22 »
Watching this thread with great interest. Civ II was one of the games that got me into gaming, and I've kept up ever since. Of course, that doesn't make me anywhere near good.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 14:10:01 »
Watching this thread with great interest. Civ II was one of the games that got me into gaming, and I've kept up ever since. Of course, that doesn't make me anywhere near good.

Come play with us sometime.  :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 14:13:13 »

Will do, as soon as I can find enough free time that I can devote several consecutive hours to a game of civ  :thumb:
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 14:58:51 »

Will do, as soon as I can find enough free time that I can devote several consecutive hours to a game of civ  :thumb:

We have found Friday nights around 9PM EST work best so far.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 15:05:31 »

We have found Friday nights around 9PM EST work best so far.

That time works for me too, so long as I don't have a busy weekend. Looking forward to a game sometime!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 18:30:53 »
I hate to be this guy but I gotta back out last minute. I'm just getting out of work now and I've got some stuff to take care of. Sorry :(. Work is supposed to stop being so crazy in a week.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 18:37:58 »
Its okay man. Is everyone up for just starting another game. Waateva, you get your headset working?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 19:39:44 »
Its okay man. Is everyone up for just starting another game. Waateva, you get your headset working?

I'm good with that.  And I won't be speaking tonight, I'm far too non-sober for that.  @>@

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 19:49:06 »

I'm fine with that. I'm going to be 30-45 minutes late or so, need to drop my brother off downtown which shouldn't be that bad.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 20:07:11 »
Anyone jumping on Team speak?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 20:15:12 »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 20:55:14 »

Yes I did, thanks a ton!  I was kinda confused at first because it came in the Amazon box but then I figured it out.

Sorry for bailing tonight as well guys, heading home from work my tranny went out so I had to get it towed and then get a ride back home, so I just got back around 9:30.  My car's tranny has been slipping a little bit lately but tonight it just went into neutral while I was driving and wouldn't go back into gear for a minute or two before I was able to get it to catch and pull off the road.  Throw the $2k quote to fix it along with the sick bug I seem to have caught and I'm gonna take it as a sign that tonight should maybe be an early one.

I may be able to play tomorrow night if anyone else is down, but we can play it by ear.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:33:44 »
I'm good for tomorrow night @ 9PM EST again if everyone else is.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 21:11:24 »
I can't. I got a second job working concerts. Feel free to play without me.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 00:58:40 »
I might be able to play for a couple hours tomorrow if I get enough work done.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 05:45:49 »
I'm interested but I woke up at 4am today for work so I might be too sleepy.  :|

Offline Altis

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 10:05:41 »
I really want to get into this game... I've owned it for quite a while now but I've been too intimidated by the cliff-steep learning curve.

I remember Civ I many years ago when I was young... I didn't really understand it well, though, and mostly watched others play it.

It seems like Civ V is a very rewarding game for those who go through the learning process. Any tips on getting into it?
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 10:13:30 »
Altis just jump in and let the game guide you through. It's got a lot of tips to help new players. It's not too hard to pickup and hard to get on Waateva's level. I'm out for tonight. Gotta be at work at 0300. But I can start playing again after this week!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 09:10:36 »
Heads up, I think I'm going to be out tonight.  Joey Quinn is crashing at my place tonight on his way home, and is set to arrive when we will be playing.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 09:21:39 »
I'm travelling tonight, so I won't be able to play :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/u18/

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 13:52:41 »
Heads up, I think I'm going to be out tonight.  Joey Quinn is crashing at my place tonight on his way home, and is set to arrive when we will be playing.

Does he live in Minnesota or the UP?

For Civ, I may or may not be on tonight, but if I am on I would be down to start a new game :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 13:54:37 »

For Civ, I may or may not be on tonight, but if I am on I would be down to start a new game :)

School in the UP.  He's a FIB.  :P

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 14:09:12 »

School in the UP.  He's a FIB.  :P

We get our share of them too, they plop down along the lakeshore all summer  >:D

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 15:02:33 »
Just finding this thread now! Is this usually a Friday night thing?

I love and suck at Civ but perhaps I'll see if anyone's up for it some night this weekend I might be able to set some time aside, this seems like a lot of fun. Depends on how quickly I can binge watch House of Cards :P

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pr0ximity
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 15:09:10 »
Just finding this thread now! Is this usually a Friday night thing?

I love and suck at Civ but perhaps I'll see if anyone's up for it some night this weekend I might be able to set some time aside, this seems like a lot of fun. Depends on how quickly I can binge watch House of Cards :P

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pr0ximity

Our usual time is Friday night at 9:00 p.m. EST. We still haven't first the first match because everybody has been so busy but we got a couple other ones in between with new games that we started when somebody couldn't make it.

I'm down to play tonight, I don't have anything planned. :)