Author Topic: [GB] H1 Switches - iLumKB Sale Aug. 30th 10 AM SGT!  (Read 72850 times)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
Re: [GB] H1 Switches In-Stock Sale - Going LIVE Tomorrow!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 13:56:15 »
looking forward to the disappointment threads

Any particular reasoning behind this?

Our community has a history over over-hyping good quality products. And then when that good quality product doesn’t provide a mind-blowing out-of-body experience, people get salty and vent it out in posts.

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 13:59:02 »

Our community has a history over over-hyping good quality products. And then when that good quality product doesn’t provide a mind-blowing out-of-body experience, people get salty and vent it out in posts.

;D

Although these need a lot of tuning to be "good."
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 22:43:03 by hmmmwhatsthis »

Offline catamscott

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 16:49:02 »

jwk linears are already known for being solid switches, not sure why there would be mass disappointment

Offline donkey

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:30:02 »
People who expect H1 to feel and sound like vintage MX black will be disappointed.

People who can appreciate good linear switches will be satisfied.

People who are insanely sensitive to every aspect of linear switches will need to lube and film before satisfaction.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 19:58:25 »

:))

Well if you say it like that any switch needs tuning to be "Good". Even vintage blacks are getting filmed and lubed why if its that good why do people film and lube it?. Most people who are deep into this hobby they know this is from JWK and are not gonna place the H1 on par with a vintage black. What makes you assume people are setting this switch on par with Vintage blacks lol. People are hyped for that custom top that makes the sound deeper then other JWK switches.

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline donkey

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 20:11:47 »
FYI: H1 Review by Taeha Types

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:37:11 »

so just a normal durock for more money lol. even alpacas are better value

meme switch

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:13:33 »

meme switch

It's the same price as a tangerine. Seems reasonable.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:49:32 »
Up at dailyclack. You know I stocked up, god bless. And I mean, as long as they're as smooth as a tealio for less, i'm alright with paying for it.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:57:00 »

meme switch

I mean cheaper than tealios, on par with them for nearly half the price. And I mean after seeing tangies sell out in 2 mins on TKC more JWK linears available the better the community is as there are more options.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 01:03:26 »
Just gonna leave this here

Saw it on a disc server

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 01:06:02 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 01:22:06 »
Just gonna leave this here

Saw it on a disc server

Show Image

Hot damn!

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 01:56:03 »

meme switch

Tangerines did something different with the materials. These didn't.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 02:37:58 »

meme switch

I wouldn't be surprised is black inks end up having umphwe in them, so at the end of the day no tangerines didn't do something different with materials in the sense of being the first company to do it.

But that's just a speculation. Like I stated above, more availability of JWK linear switches the better off the mkb community is. Imagine having to be forced into buying a switch that is over a dollar for a good linear experience.

If you dislike them so much, you always can vote with your wallet and not buy them simple as that, stick with tangerines which sell out in 2mins likewise with alpacas or I dunno enjoy the price gouge that is zeal switches.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 02:40:34 by Sycomore »

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:19:13 »

meme switch

I wouldn't be surprised is black inks end up having umphwe in them, so at the end of the day no tangerines didn't do something different with materials in the sense of being the first company to do it.

But that's just a speculation. Like I stated above, more availability of JWK linear switches the better off the mkb community is. Imagine having to be forced into buying a switch that is over a dollar for a good linear experience.

If you dislike them so much, you always can vote with your wallet and not buy them simple as that, stick with tangerines which sell out in 2mins likewise with alpacas or I dunno enjoy the price gouge that is zeal switches.

It's still bad people are having to pay more for a recolor that claims to be different, but in reality is the same thing as the regular jwk switches.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:36:43 »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:37:14 »
I will be updating this post as soon as I hear back from vendors about exact times of their sales.

All vendors, except letsgetit.io, are either live or the sale has eclipsed!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:40:46 »
More

jwk linears are already known for being solid switches, not sure why there would be mass disappointment

meme switch

Well if you say it like that any switch needs tuning to be "Good". Even vintage blacks are getting filmed and lubed why if its that good why do people film and lube it?. Most people who are deep into this hobby they know this is from JWK and are not gonna place the H1 on par with a vintage black. What makes you assume people are setting this switch on par with Vintage blacks lol. People are hyped for that custom top that makes the sound deeper then other JWK switches.

People who expect H1 to feel and sound like vintage MX black will be disappointed.

People who are insanely sensitive to every aspect of linear switches will need to lube and film before satisfaction.

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

It's still bad people are having to pay more for a recolor that claims to be different, but in reality is the same thing as the regular jwk switches.

I'm not exactly sure why everyone is speculating that these are the same as regular JWK/Durocks, as afaik, nobody has received them in hand yet. They aren't a recolor, and the materials and molds are different to ordinary JWK switches. Please stop generalizing and making umbrella statements if you haven't even tried them.

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:03:23 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

I'm not exactly sure why everyone is speculating that these are the same as regular JWK/Durocks, as afaik, nobody has received them in hand yet. They aren't a recolor, and the materials and molds are different to ordinary JWK switches. Please stop generalizing and making umbrella statements if you haven't even tried them.

We've seen the video and read the review.

They sound the same, they need the same mods to be good, they are from the same factory, we have seen 0 evidence that they are not literally 100% the exact same switch.

They were marked as a vint black replacement, despite having no likeness except for the color.

Whip out the calipers and show us what the difference is, until you do it's an overpriced JWK.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:22:29 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

They sound the same, they need the same mods to be good, they are from the same factory, we have seen 0 evidence that they are not literally 100% the exact same switch.

They were marked as a vint black replacement, despite having no likeness except for the color.

Whip out the calipers and show us what the difference is, until you do it's an overpriced JWK.
I don't even see why I'm to respond to this, but I will. If they were the same, then H1s would not have placed higher than Alpacas in the blind sound test. They clearly sound different, the springs are different, the materials are different; I'm not sure what else you need to see to understand that these are different switches.

It's really frustrating when people like yourself come in and rant about a product that hasn't even shipped yet, and that's leaving alone the fact that you basically have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:24:23 »

I agree with Sycomore. If you dislike it so much, simply no need to buy it.
It's literally just $0.5 difference between Alpaca and this and it's still cheaper than Creams, Inks or Tealios.
Not sure what's the big fuss. Even the spring difference already makes it "different" than Alpaca.

If you feel that doesnt justify the price difference then no need to get it as simple as that.
More switch options is always good anyway and no one forcing you to get it either.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:25:34 »

It's literally just $0.5 difference between Alpaca and this and it's still cheaper than Creams, Inks or Tealios.
Not sure what's the big fuss. Even the spring difference already makes it "different" than Alpaca.

If you feel that doesnt justify the price difference then no need to get it as simple as that.
More switch options is always good anyway and no one forcing you to get it either.
$0.05 difference, not $0.50  :thumb:

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:30:06 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

I don't even see why I'm to respond to this, but I will. If they were the same, then H1s would not have placed higher than Alpacas in the blind sound test. They clearly sound different, the springs are different, the materials are different; I'm not sure what else you need to see to understand that these are different switches.

It's really frustrating when people like yourself come in and rant about a product that hasn't even shipped yet, and that's leaving alone the fact that you basically have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated. If you don't want to be questioned, maybe you could just show us what exactly sets the switch apart, please?

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:32:57 »

$0.05 difference, not $0.50  :thumb:
Well on my defence, I was referring to how it's sold which is by pack of 10 haha

But I totally agree with your words above. Review is nice and all, but I prefer to experience it myself to know the difference.
Still hoping I'd be able to cope it tomorrow when it's up on HHHH's store.

I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated. If you don't want to be questioned, maybe you could just show us what exactly sets the switch apart, please?
It's all in the OP post and he just mentioned all the difference.
You decide whether that's overpriced for a $0.05 difference per switch or not. Idk what else you need to see.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 09:39:00 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

All my cards are on the table. At this point, I don't owe you anything else. I've told you everything that sets it apart, and that's how this community operates; we give the information present to the best of our knowledge. I'm not sure what else you expect from me. I think we're done here

Offline walie

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 10:01:50 »
how has nobody taken calipers to the switch tops yet to compare thickness

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:30:26 »

This is very debatable, seeing how inconsistent the results were between sound tests: Tealios got voted the worst out of 6, then the best out of 6 when lubed, and then the worst again right afterwards, still lubed. Stock H1s, on the other hand, were voted the worst sounding in round 1 and then then second best sounding in round 2. It's all very subjective. I personally thought the H1s and Alpacas sounded almost identical and had a hard time telling them apart throughout the tests, whereas I had no trouble identifying Creams, Tealios and Inks. The position of the switches on the plate also had a really big impact on the sound, likely even more so than the inherent differences between the three JWK switches.

I do, however, totally agree that it's silly to make criticisms like that when the switches haven't shipped yet. Especially based off of one review and one inconsistent sound comparison video (which, even if it were more consistent, doesn't tell you anything about the rest of the switch's characteristics). Wait until you or other people have the switches in hand before definitively drawing conclusions.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 12:02:24 by konstantin »

Offline cari66ean

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:43:32 »
There's a lot of psychological stuff going on with votes like this too. Sometimes people don't even remember how they felt about the first one or two choices because back there they didn't really have any references to compare to, so they are rather "neutral" about them. Since they are so neutral coming choice 4 or 5 they basically forgot about them. So the last few choices are usually the most splitting ones for example... so e.g. they are rated often towards the very bottom or the very top. So really... I wouldn't read too much into these votes. I actually was able to score some of the H1s (though I missed the tangerines) and tbh I don't expect them to be thaaat much different to the C3s or Alpacas though I also think they're probably all not identical either.

Offline FIJ1

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 11:56:33 »
I've just received mine today, which is awesome - Ordered from MyKeyboard.eu and delivered by DHL. Posting this to confirm that the switches have already started being delivered to customers, at least in the EU. I'm sure all of these questions will be answered in no time - I still have high hopes that these are all that they claim to be, no reason not to.

I'll be quarantining the package for a few days due to COVID-19 because I don't plan on washing the switches with soap and water.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 12:47:31 »
These never were gonna be a vintage black equivalent, anybody who thought that read way to much into HHHH's description of them. They are a JWK linear with some minor changes to better emulate a vint black feel. Not meant to be an equivalent, that would basically be impossible cause AFAIK nobody knows what materials Cherry used back in the day. Also it's kinda crazy anybody can ***** about a $0.05 increase in price per switch, considering not to long ago Holy Pandas were getting close to $5 a switch & all JWK/Durock linears are going for twice the retail price in the aftermarket. I think we need to stop supporting that type of behavior before we even think about complaining about retail prices TBF.

Offline cari66ean

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 12:52:36 »
Also I just watched the video in full now and I think that a lot has to do with the fact that sometimes he's smashing the keys harder and sometimes less. In certain switches (e.g. Inks and Tealios with Creams kinda always sounding like this lol) this gives off a clackier than a thockier sound which I guess is not as "nice". However nobody really types like that and it explains why Tealios sounded nice in one round and crappy in the next. When lubed Tealios have a very "glassy" sound to them which sounds really unique and cool. Though when you smash them kinda hard they sound high-pitched again which is kind a ugly.

However in terms of sound I personally really like the H1 a lot. When lubed they sounded like having the deepest pitched thock sound of the bunch with the C3s and Alpacas being relatively similar too.

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:17:13 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

All my cards are on the table. At this point, I don't owe you anything else. I've told you everything that sets it apart, and that's how this community operates; we give the information present to the best of our knowledge. I'm not sure what else you expect from me. I think we're done here

me know best, don't question me

:confused:

Maybe develop some emotional maturity before running another GB. You're gonna need it for that poorly-designed TKL.

This was marketed as a vintage black replacement and it's not. It's a generic JWK. Shameful.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:30:24 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

Maybe develop some emotional maturity before running another GB. You're gonna need it for that poorly-designed TKL.

This was marketed as a vintage black replacement and it's not. It's a generic JWK. Shameful.

Imagine getting this worked up over a $0.60 switch.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:34:10 »
People getting mad over a switch OMEGALUL where have we come to. Lets discuss about the switch not **** on it and claim false things when you don't even own these switches.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:41:50 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

Sure, just keep bending over for dishonest marketers. That's what the community has been doing for the past year.

Offline Pach

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:54:53 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

damn, no need to get super salty

I'd like to know where eniigma specifically said that the H1 switches were marketed as a vintage black replacement.
I can count numerous times where he states that H1 switches feel like vint blacks, and how in his opinion H1 switches are similar to vint blacks, but at what point did he specifically market H1s as a vint black replacement? Sure, these switches are based on vint blacks, but that doesn't mean that they are a replacement for vint blacks. I was kind of lost in your claim.

I don't recall him stating that H1s were majorly different than other JWK switches like Alpacas.
I also trust eniigma that these are not "generic" JWK switches and the molds are actually modified, but just because the mold is different doesn't 100% mean there should be a large change in anything.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 14:55:40 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

Sure, just keep bending over for dishonest marketers. That's what the community has been doing for the past year.

For someone that doesn't seem interested in the switches, you sure seem to be really concerned about the folks that got them.

While I do appreciate you looking out for me, I don't think it's necessarily. I'm a big boy. I can take care of myself and how I spend my $0.60.

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:05:34 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

r u ok?
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:06:38 »
y'all it's keyboards
if you don't like it don't buy it
if you do buy it and don't like it give actual reasons

speculation is a waste of everyone's time

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:06:49 »
They cost a little more than that by the euro proxy.

Anyway we paid $.45 per switch in the MKSwe GB, but we didn't get this purple unicorn housing of course, just the regular ones.

Offline noodleman

Offline badboy731

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:19:10 »
Lawd. You'd think these switches killed somebody's mama.

ANYWAY

Looking forward to trying them out!
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 15:20:04 »
More

meme switch

meme switch

meme switch

;D

meme switch

meme switch

r u ok?

ya r u?

Offline donkey

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 17:36:32 »

meme switch

I think Alpaca, H1, Marshmallow, and Mauve switches are pretty much the same except for minor difference in price and sound. More important is availability. None on the list are available stock so the mentioned differences are irrelevant.

Get them when you can because you can sell them at profit if you don't like them.
Just try not to hog the switches. That's not cool.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 17:38:37 by donkey »

Offline Pach

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 18:27:28 »

meme switch

I think Alpaca, H1, Marshmallow, and Mauve switches are pretty much the same except for minor difference in price and sound. More important is availability. None on the list are available stock so the mentioned differences are irrelevant.

Get them when you can because you can sell them at profit if you don't like them.
Exactly what I think. They are all similar switches, and vary only slightly by feel and sound. Nevertheless, they are still very very good linears, and right now it's hard to find them in stock.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 18:34:29 »
Oh boy this is still going...

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 18:48:58 »

Speaking of in-stock switches, someone on Discord contacted Durock on Alibaba and asked them this:

These are available on AliExpress in different variants (L4, L6, L7) for $0.55 each, all in stock ready to ship. Also:

Make of it what you will.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 19:20:42 by konstantin »

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 18:59:10 »

Speaking of in-stock switches, someone on Discord contacted Durock on Alibaba and asked them this:

Show Image

These are available on AliExpress in different variants (L4, L6, H7) for $0.55 each, all in stock ready to ship. Also:

Show Image

Make of it what you will.

Noice.

Offline donkey

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 19:14:51 »
That's good news. We now just need a few guinea pigs volunteers to see if the claim is true to turn in-stock into sold out.