geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] Tai-Hao White on Black and Vintage Alps

<< < (3/4) > >>

cest73:
Is that spacing for the 7U space confirmed to work with vintage Costar stabilized Alps keyboards?

Can't seem to read if it is 55 mm or 57 mm from here?

I would highly appreciate an extensive WoB Alps set like that and would quite likely buy one - possibly from their web store.

Will it ever be released as Tom Cat colorway too? at least the modifiers (bottom and top most rows)?

ALOHAKB:
Ha ha, few people use this now. You can see that you love it.

rpiguy9907:
Any updates on these? When will they ship?

cgbuen:

--- Quote from: cest73 on Wed, 08 June 2022, 04:24:09 ---Is that spacing for the 7U space confirmed to work with vintage Costar stabilized Alps keyboards?

Can't seem to read if it is 55 mm or 57 mm from here?

I would highly appreciate an extensive WoB Alps set like that and would quite likely buy one - possibly from their web store.

Will it ever be released as Tom Cat colorway too? at least the modifiers (bottom and top most rows)?

--- End quote ---

I found a closeup pic of the mock file that shows 55mm spacing for the 7u MX-style stabilizers:

This is really particularly bad if you intend to use MX-style PCB-mount stabilizers (e.g. Cherry, TX, Durock, C3, Staebies, etc.) with modern Alps PCBs that have those cutouts. Here are some Alps spacebars I own that show the issue:

I'm hoping this is addressed in some capacity since I got in on 2x black and 2x vintage sets, but I'm not really confident given that I haven't received any helpful response when I wrote about this concern in the Hex Keyboards Discord back in late May.

Not sure I can comment on vintage stabilizers (other than the design showing 49mm spacing for those square insert cutouts).

A couple of other concerns, too: 1) the mocks have some super glaring mistakes that I hope are just mistakes [e.g. the Shift sizing notes are all super wrong for their proportions], and 2) the vintage kit also has only has mod-colored top row 1u \| - no alpha-colored version.

cest73:
Totally understand Your concern!
Moreover it troubles me too...

Your shift row observation is right it should be:

2.25U, 2U, 1.75U and 1.25U
also i like to see 1.5U back space  :thumb: maybe a medium ass enter too and we'd be half way there for the Zenith Z150 key set?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version