geekhack Community > Keyboards

Hi

(1/2) > >>

zerogravitas:
Hi all,

I'm a recent convert to mechanical switch and buckling spring keyboard goodness, and stumbled over this site recently while researching them.  I've devoured the forum here, and I am well on my way to turning into a keyboard junkie.  I blame you all.  :p

Anyway, I'm typing this on my recently arrived 1991 IBM Model M 1391401 keyboard.  I am quite taken with it. :) I'm also toying with trying some types.  Does anyone know anything about older Dell labeled KBs with supposedly clicky black alps switches? Thanks!

iMav:
The Dell AT101W keyboards (in both black and white) have black Alps switches.  I think there are a few currently up for sale on Ebay...and clickykeyboards occasionally has some in stock.

Welcome to GeekHack!  We'd love to see some picks of your Model M.  :)  (I'll be posting a stickied thread for keyboard collections sometime soon...maybe in the next 10 minutes)  

Love the avatar, btw.

zerogravitas:

--- Quote from: iMav;2748 ---The Dell AT101W keyboards (in both black and white) have black Alps switches.  I think there are a few currently up for sale on Ebay...and clickykeyboards occasionally has some in stock.
--- End quote ---

Ahhh, cool.  Thanks.  I've yet to try any of the alps switches, and I am rather curious abut them.  I may try to pick one up at some point. :)

--- Quote from: iMav;2748 ---
Welcome to GeekHack!  We'd love to see some picks of your Model M.  :)  (I'll be posting a stickied thread for keyboard collections sometime soon...maybe in the next 10 minutes)  
--- End quote ---

Thank you!  I'll try to borrow my wife's camera sometime this week and take a few shots for the board.

--- Quote from: iMav;2748 ---
Love the avatar, btw.
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  :)  Are you a fan of the Venture Brothers as well then?

victheslik:
-

Nonmouse:
Heya, Zero

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version