Author Topic: StarCraft II with GeekHack  (Read 165233 times)

Offline vincewchan

StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 19:40:58 »
Hello everyone ~91% w/l ratio team game player.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2115775/1/Vitamin/
Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Brown
Razer Deathadder Black Edition

WTB: iMav\'s GH key(s)

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #401 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 01:26:24 »
Team games mean almost nothing. Even if your partner is Grandmasters. Why no 1v1? It would be safe to assume you aren't terrible if you are connected with Liquid and oGs players... I just find it odd I guess, since you can get Masters in team games by proxy 2 rax/gate/7 pool every game.

Also, if you want to be added to the list, I need your character code.

I've updated the main list. Seems a lot of people have shown up with an interest in keyboards and SC2 from TL in the past month or so. I'll probably update the first post with links to the key threads, though the only active one is probably the TL key since the Group 3 order is sold out now.
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Mionix Naos 5000 ~ Logitech Mx518
Flickr

Offline systemA

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 01:57:40 »
Quote from: Azuremen;344813

Bubbles.557, masters 1v1, feel free to add me!

Offline vincewchan

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 03:49:31 »
Team games mean almost nothing. Even if your partner is Grandmasters. Why no 1v1? It would be safe to assume you aren't terrible if you are connected with Liquid and oGs players... I just find it odd I guess, since you can get Masters in team games by proxy 2 rax/gate/7 pool every game.

I've updated the main list. Seems a lot of people have shown up with an interest in keyboards and SC2 from TL in the past month or so. I'll probably update the first post with links to the key threads, though the only active one is probably the TL key since the Group 3 order is sold out now.

Vitamin.613

Team game means nothing eh. I'm watching SeleCT and Optizero climb 2v2 vs #2 2v2 global team (14-3 score) at the moment right now as we speak. There has been ROOT vs EG 2v2 clan wars. Tomorrow will be Dignitas clan wars...

So apparently team games mean nothing but you see top15 grand master players starting to play team games more often... interesting.

I planned on fully committing 1v1s in season2 but I don't have much time to play anymore as you can see my total games played for season2.

I don't cheese or proxy / early pool fyi.

Also, a lot of solo players using production tab hack / drop hack ( PiLLage 69-0 grand master).
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2011, 03:53:12 by vincewchan »

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 13:35:02 »
Top players have always messed around in team games. And that is the point - messed around. The EG Masters cup games, and the one last night I saw was basically a Roach Marauder all-in rush.

You played 5 games in Season 1 and stayed in Plat. You've played 300 games this season, but none have been 1v1.

Then you mention hackers and so on. It honestly just comes across as excuses.

And as for team games meaning nothing, I meant almost anyone can get into Masters playing Team games, even if they are silver or gold, provided they get decent team mates.
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Flickr

Offline vincewchan

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 13:52:39 »
Messed around eh. I guess teams that walk away from 4 to 5 figure prize money from 2v2 tournaments are a joke too then.  I guess we all have our opinions.

Excuses? Hmm maybe we can play some 1v1 sometime :)

I also beg to differ about getting to Masters with a Silver/Gold player and I'm about 99.99% sure of this statement. You are really underestimating "team games".

Offline SlwDrvr

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 15:04:08 »

just because u can get "INTO" masters doesn't mean you are good. Silver/Gold players cannot macro anywhere near the level of Mid Diamond+.

Team games mean nothing? Tell that to ariesto and cubert

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 15:47:23 »
Quote from: SlwDrvr;345040
just because u can get "INTO" masters doesn't mean you are good. Silver/Gold players cannot macro anywhere near the level of Mid Diamond+.

Team games mean nothing? Tell that to ariesto and cubert

That is my point, poor 1v1 players can get very easily into Masters. You can argue about it all you want but the number of "masters" 2v2 teams and crap I've seen that are gold or so 1v1 is pretty impressive.

As for money being on the line, there is only one tournament I am aware of using team games, and majority of the matches and importance is on 1v1. There is a reason high level team play never caught on in BW, and it isn't even just the fact the game is balanced around 1v1 and not team games. A great deal of the community feels the same way.

Honestly, if you are good, go play the 30 games or so it would take to get into Masters 1v1. Otherwise, claiming to be high masters in team games holds no value if you have zero 1v1 games played.

Gold player 1v1, Masters 2v2, Masters 4v4 (92%) win rate
Bronze 1v1 player, Masters 2v2, 4v4.

And this was only with 2 minutes effort.

I'll just make my view clear - boasting about team game win rates is on par with boasting about being an Honors student at an alternative high school
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2011, 15:56:54 by Azuremen »
Flickr

Offline systemA

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 16:42:36 »
Quote from: Azuremen;345044
That is my point, poor 1v1 players can get very easily into Masters. You can argue about it all you want but the number of "masters" 2v2 teams and crap I've seen that are gold or so 1v1 is pretty impressive.

As for money being on the line, there is only one tournament I am aware of using team games, and majority of the matches and importance is on 1v1. There is a reason high level team play never caught on in BW, and it isn't even just the fact the game is balanced around 1v1 and not team games. A great deal of the community feels the same way.

Honestly, if you are good, go play the 30 games or so it would take to get into Masters 1v1. Otherwise, claiming to be high masters in team games holds no value if you have zero 1v1 games played.

Gold player 1v1, Masters 2v2, Masters 4v4 (92%) win rate
Bronze 1v1 player, Masters 2v2, 4v4.

And this was only with 2 minutes effort.

I'll just make my view clear - boasting about team game win rates is on par with boasting about being an Honors student at an alternative high school

Honestly, why do you care?

Offline vincewchan

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 17:09:07 »
Lol, you are too funny. Just because u can get INTO masters for solo doesn't mean you are good either. What's your point here? That I can't get into 1v1 masters?

Master's in team hold no value w/o 1v1 played? lol. People play for different reasons. My goal was achievement points. I don't care about solo ladder.

Also, when have I ever boasted? Sounds like you have an ego problem. You are acting like a Kid.

Offline vincewchan

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 17:12:29 »
Lol, you are too funny. Just because u can get INTO masters for solo doesn't mean you are good either. What's your point here? That I can't get into 1v1 masters?

Master's in team hold no value w/o 1v1 played? lol. I have all achievements excluding solo achievements (which no one has dark voice legitimately).

People play for different reasons. My goal was achievement points. I don't care about solo ladder.

Also, when have I ever boasted?

Offline vincewchan

« Reply #411 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 21:20:14 »
Quote from: systemA;345062
Honestly, why do you care?

I agree with you.

I thought I'd share my user name / character code so I can play with some fellow geekhack.org member's with no intention of "boasting" or "bragging" and I get harassed...

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #412 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 22:36:56 »
FFA is where real starcraft II is played
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2011, 01:55:42 by sndstrm »
rm -Rf /*

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #413 on: Sat, 14 May 2011, 05:17:30 »
psh, everyone knows DoTA is the real test of starcraft skill ;)

Betting on Thorzain to win! Naniwa is the safer bet I guess, but I gotta go with the McLovin terran
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline Zet

« Reply #414 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 02:25:05 »
add me, I play sc2 on na too.

Zet

Offline krull

« Reply #415 on: Sun, 15 May 2011, 21:47:27 »
The thorzain vs naniwa series was amazing.  (WARNING SPOILERS!)

Thorzain coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the series was EPIC!!!!! Watching him hold the 6 warpgate push on Crossfire was probably the best part of the series besides game 7.
I never would have expected him to advance as far as he did, but after the route he took through the TSL he certainly earned the win.
Filco Majestouch w/cherry browns, Filco Majestouch w/cherry reds, Leopold Tenkeyless w/ cherry blues (in the mail)

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 14:51:27 »
Quote from: vincewchan;345185
I agree with you.

I thought I'd share my user name / character code so I can play with some fellow geekhack.org member's with no intention of "boasting" or "bragging" and I get harassed...

Sorry, I just tend to see "hello" followed by a win percent as a bit of boasting.

And the number of people that try to write of being genuinely good at the game being XY in team games while bronze in 1v1 is annoying. And I'm a touch competitive and argumentative :p

No hard feelings, eh? :p
Flickr

Offline Crypt

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 17 May 2011, 16:10:07 »
It's possible for a gold 1v1 player to get carried into master league in team games, even 2v2.  I know because I've done it myself with some friends that are gold.  However, this generally happens after placement matches and not through promotions.  In the first example linked of the gold 1v1 player, his partner is a top 50 grandmaster.  His MMR is so high that even going 3-2 will place them in a master league team.  In the second example, I believe the player is either portrait farming or intentionally losing to play easy games in bronze 1v1 league, but more likely is portrait farming.

As far as team vs 1v1, this is an old topic, but I'd like to put in my 2c.  Team games aren't near anywhere as competitive as 1v1s.  I just started playing 2v2 with my partner and we're already playing top 100-200 teams.  That would never happen in 1v1.  Our builds aren't fleshed out and we still lose to a lot of "dumb" things sometimes.  The reason that team players get a lot of "hate" is because people imagine high ranked team players to be prideful without having correspondingly deserving skill.

Team skill has overlap with 1v1, but there's definitely some skills more emphasized in team games than 1v1 and some skills more emphasized in 1v1 than team games.  However, 1v1 players generally have better mechanics and multitasking, which is more in tune with what people consider to be "skill."  However large that difference is, it would be very hard for me to believe that two true (mmr stable) 1v1 gold players can consistently perform at a master league level in 2v2.

Offline pitashen

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 18 May 2011, 19:07:44 »
Quote from: Azuremen;347637
Sorry, I just tend to see "hello" followed by a win percent as a bit of boasting.

There are things about those who would avoid playing 1v1. It all boils down to these possible points:

a. They don't handle intense pressure well.
b. They don't want to deal with intense pressures in games (games should be fun).
c. Extreme multitasking is not for them.
d. Etc. (you know what they are if you play enough).

We know them, they most likely know them. There is no need to reinforce the fact and ruin the peaceful atmosphere here.  :)
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline fullofenergy

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 18 May 2011, 23:14:22 »
Quote from: vincewchan;344838
Vitamin.613

Team game means nothing eh. I'm watching SeleCT and Optizero climb 2v2 vs #2 2v2 global team (14-3 score) at the moment right now as we speak. There has been ROOT vs EG 2v2 clan wars. Tomorrow will be Dignitas clan wars...

So apparently team games mean nothing but you see top15 grand master players starting to play team games more often... interesting.

I planned on fully committing 1v1s in season2 but I don't have much time to play anymore as you can see my total games played for season2.

I don't cheese or proxy / early pool fyi.

Also, a lot of solo players using production tab hack / drop hack ( PiLLage 69-0 grand master).

Apparently your 2v2 teammate Sorcery is a hacker? http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2522165650

Is it true?

Offline Crypt

« Reply #420 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 06:21:12 »
He got caught hacking and admitted to it, and I think it was mentioned that he was a hacker in DotA as well.  He claims to be reformed, but obviously, those statements don't carry too much weight from cheaters.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=200545

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 08:27:55 »
Oh wow, and I hoped that at least at masters level no one would be compelled to cheat.
Blizzard really ****ed up by trusting the client too much. But hey, it's cheaper that way.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 11:13:22 »
That's how they got to masters level.
rm -Rf /*

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 13:00:15 »
Quote from: sndstrm;348996
That's how they got to masters level.

Your avatar dude died today.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2011, 13:34:35 by HaveANiceDay »
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 13:32:58 »
Quote from: HaveANiceDay;349034
Your avatar dude died today.

:'(
rm -Rf /*

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #425 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 13:35:02 »
Crushing souls. It's what I do.
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #426 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 13:42:49 »
Macho Man was the Model M of people.  That is all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2011, 13:49:52 by sndstrm »
rm -Rf /*

Offline Crypt

« Reply #427 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 14:29:13 »
There are 9500 or so 1v1 masters.  I don't think many of them hack.  There's just a couple high profile ones.

Offline dannyp

« Reply #428 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:22:47 »
Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm a player from the 1998 SC & BW days. Never really got into tournament just played on bnet and LAN's for years.

These days I don't spend much time on gaming -- the rest of life seeped in since then. But I do play in my free time, usually a night a week or so (hopefully more this summer).

Feel free to add me. I'm ranked 1v1 Gold but I'm trying to get better. I have more experience playing 2v2, but I want to figure out this 1v1 business soon. I only have a few games under my belt in 1v1. Let me know if you want to do some practicing :D

I forgot to mention, I'm a Protoss player now but I spent most of my 2v2 games on Random. I just noticed my win ratio was higher with Protosss so I switched. I feel like Zerg is my favorite race though, even though it's my lowest win ratio. I wish I could stay a random player, but I feel like I will not be learning all the race matchup combinations as well as a dedicated main.

projectdp 925
http://sc2ranks.com/us/603208/projectdp
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2011, 19:26:49 by dannyp »

Offline Hydroid

• http://justin.tv/hydr0id
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 28 May 2011, 23:39:10 »
Cool, I might as well put my name down here too. I actually have 2 accounts. 1 for SEA and one for NA region. I mainly play on the SEA region and have Gold 1v1 there although I've just started to reladder my NA one now for the first time in a few months since I got Silver on there. This is really my first RTS game that I've played. I didn't play SC1, and was mainly into FPS although I did play AOE1 when it was just released way back. I never played that online or anything though, just against the AI.

SEA: Mode#511
NA: Mode#513

If you add me, just message me and say you added me from GeekHack so I know who you are. :P
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 June 2011, 02:29:21 by Hydroid »
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Help me support and grow e-sports below!!!
What Happens in Starcraft -- Vlogs -- Twitter

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 17:08:30 »

Offline dannyp

« Reply #431 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 18:38:39 »
haha :D nice

Offline Asp

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 18:44:01 »
Rather than individually add people to friends list where it's easy to lose track of who is who, wouldn't it be better to designate a GeekHack chat channel and use that?

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 23:37:13 »
Quote from: Asp;352943
Rather than individually add people to friends list where it's easy to lose track of who is who, wouldn't it be better to designate a GeekHack chat channel and use that?

That's a pretty good idea actually.
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 03:05:56 »
There is already a geekhack private channel.  Just checked it :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2011, 04:26:48 by sndstrm »
rm -Rf /*

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #435 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 11:22:57 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;352914
Look what I found!

http://classic.battle.net/window.shtml

great find Protoss 3 @ 1:46 is my favorite from Broodwar
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline onesie

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 02 June 2011, 19:59:52 »
DcMLLMist .260
Ducky 1087-brown/blue mix, Cherry Clears, mx11800 with ergo clears

Offline Zet

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 02 June 2011, 22:34:15 »
I'll get on the geekhack channel on NA when I login from now on then (:

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #438 on: Tue, 14 June 2011, 13:10:12 »
So I tried playing with Grid layout as Toss... wow it's so weird. I was like WHY ISN'T MY A MOVE WORKING?!?!?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 14 June 2011, 13:21:04 »
Quote from: speakeasy;360661
So I tried playing with Grid layout as Toss... wow it's so weird. I was like WHY ISN'T MY A MOVE WORKING?!?!?

Grit your teeth and learn it. You'll thank yourself later :)

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline ethics-

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 14 June 2011, 20:37:05 »
I like custom keys better.

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 12:40:31 »
Quote from: Daniel Beaver;360665

Is there some way to set it so that UIOP takes place of QWER in Grid? That would ease the transition to Grid for protoss at least.

I was at the WCG NYC Starcraft 2 tournament on Sunday, mostly saw Das, Razer and Steelseries boards (and one DT-35).
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #442 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 12:41:02 »

Is there some way to set it so that UIOP takes place of QWER in Grid? That would ease the transition to Grid for protoss at least.

I was at the WCG NYC Starcraft 2 tournament on Sunday, mostly saw Das, Razer and Steelseries boards (and one DT-35).
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline ethics-

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 16:53:44 »
You could always just manually change the keys to UIOP.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 22 June 2011, 17:43:44 »
Name - Wade Blanshard
Forum username - foxer
Starcraft 2 ID - foxer.560
real.ID - fauxer@live.co.uk
League - Platinum. I've not played SC in a while though because my girlfriend just moved in with me. I used to play customs a lot with diamond people though and majority of the time comfortably beat them.
SC2 ranks link - http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/2141247/foxer
B.net link - http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2141247/1/foxer/

I'm from United Kingdom so make sure you add EU to my name on the side. I plan on obtaining a NA account sometime in the future. Don't know when.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 22 June 2011, 20:26:31 »
Quote from: teegangui;365648
Proscar (Finasteride) is an androgen hormone inhibitor used in men to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) which is swelling of the prostate. This medicine works by lowering the amount of a hormone in your body called dihydrotestosterone or DHT. Reducing this hormone level in your body may help to reduce the swelling of the prostate and reduce the symptoms of BPH.

But will it improve my APM?
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline Mayor Winters

« Reply #446 on: Thu, 23 June 2011, 08:03:07 »
Hey fellows! Didnt know there was a SC2 thread in here, Im Winters in the SC2 and ill connect to the channel as soon as I arrive home :P

Add me if you want: Winters.687 and please say Hello :)
The more keyboards we have, the more keyboards we want.

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #447 on: Sun, 26 June 2011, 22:44:07 »
I keep forgetting to join the channel when I'm playing on NA. I'll have to try remember to login and save the channel even if I don't play anything later.

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #448 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 12:16:21 »
Quote from: Hydroid;368713
I keep forgetting to join the channel when I'm playing on NA. I'll have to try remember to login and save the channel even if I don't play anything later.

Yeah I'll make sure to join geekhack by default as well. Always love having people to train with and my team is almost all West Coast so I don't get as much 1 on 1 training as I'd like.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #449 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 12:19:51 »

I actually greatly dislike grid, of course I also play left handed. :)
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104