Author Topic: StarCraft II with GeekHack  (Read 165357 times)

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 10:31:56 »
Quote from: yttrium;526517
Oh no, I know what you mean and agree, I just hate seeing MMM a move being used in plat, and even gold.

Dayum shame, Jimmy.

was protoss when I was in that range ... Just build sentry and rush colosis. GG
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline yttrium

• http://boards.4chan.org/g/
« Reply #651 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 12:02:34 »
I play diamonds now, but yeah, back then MMM was insane.

Still is of course, if you don't know how to counter (read: fungal).

First game played with new keyboard: 30 minute macro game, ended up taking the win! ZvZ on Metalopolis, hell yeah.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #652 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 12:14:52 »
Quote from: yttrium;526835
I play diamonds now, but yeah, back then MMM was insane.

Still is of course, if you don't know how to counter (read: fungal).

First game played with new keyboard: 30 minute macro game, ended up taking the win! ZvZ on Metalopolis, hell yeah.

Winning a ZvZ when you're behind 2 bases...Thats what I did...30 minute game reaching hive tech. Won with upgrade/composition and really good fungals.

MMM is countered with mass bane.[video=youtube;jcQedw7R1zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcQedw7R1zk[/video]

Unless there are alot of marauders. Then the counter is Mass Muta. (Counter MM with MM eh?)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2012, 12:18:29 by hazeluff »

Offline yttrium

« Reply #653 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 15:18:58 »
Banelings are good, unless they're getting medivacs and simply lift + scan burrowed ones.

Rarely do banelings work for me, infestors always do the trick.

EDIT: I ended up winning that game not with good fungals, but with superior upgrades, micro, and placement. It really came down to just mass roach vs mass roach, and while fungals can be good, they're pretty damn ineffective.

I also had five bases when he only had three, so as my roaches died, I was able to spam more and get them to the fight before my army fully died; "the 300 zerg push".
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2012, 17:18:07 by yttrium »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline noGG

« Reply #654 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 18:47:04 »
Banelings. HA. I'd love to see a Zerg try to break my immortal mech army. Try baneling busting me with 14+ siege with +2/+1. Anyway, I have to disagree on the whole mechanics + a move = win in platinium league. I've played platinum league and I haven't really found any standard builds. Always see stupid builds like 2 base ONLY MUTALISK and they just camp my production with 36+ mutas. I try to practice standard builds and stuff I see from pros but that stuff usually doesn't work if say a toss goes immortal/zealot/void ray/dark templar or some other weird ass unit comp.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #655 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 20:00:40 »
Quote from: noGG;527359
Banelings. HA. I'd love to see a Zerg try to break my immortal mech army. Try baneling busting me with 14+ siege with +2/+1. Anyway, I have to disagree on the whole mechanics + a move = win in platinium league. I've played platinum league and I haven't really found any standard builds. Always see stupid builds like 2 base ONLY MUTALISK and they just camp my production with 36+ mutas. I try to practice standard builds and stuff I see from pros but that stuff usually doesn't work if say a toss goes immortal/zealot/void ray/dark templar or some other weird ass unit comp.

Platinum is about going for solid macro, but you need to know what to build. Its pointless if you're building the wrong units. Platinum I say, is still a point where solid macro is more key that the cute little micro you do with units. Obviously its different from the lower leagues. They key I think round the plat level (at least for me) it was picking the right units and solid macro. (for zerg this whole thing is a bit different because we're deciding between army vs economy). Say he went only mutas. make like 4 thors. One at each base and one to push out and marine tank. What can mutalisk do? Nothing. Its key to know what you're opponent's plan/build/units are and play accordingly. But I reckon if you macroed solidly enough and made marines only, you'd win.

Quote from: yttrium;527071
Banelings are good, unless they're getting medivacs and simply lift + scan burrowed ones.

Rarely do banelings work for me, infestors always do the trick.

EDIT: I ended up winning that game not with good fungals, but with superior upgrades, micro, and placement. It really came down to just mass roach vs mass roach, and while fungals can be good, they're pretty damn ineffective.

I also had five bases when he only had three, so as my roaches died, I was able to spam more and get them to the fight before my army fully died; "the 300 zerg push".

Fungals used to be sooo good. Especially because terrans didn't know how to deal with it. Now I feel like, I rather skip infestors until I had my broodlords. I was huge fan of Destiny's Infestor style and i kept playing it vs toss and vs terran and it paid out well for me. Then everyone learned how to spread and no I'm back with ling bane muta, and I hate playing that...I've been trying the roach vs terran style, not working out... = /

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #656 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 22:19:37 »
Errrr I changed my name to Bangarang... so if you see that in the Geekhack room that is me.

[video=youtube;xvxWzrmIN9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvxWzrmIN9A&feature=related[/video]
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #657 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 22:23:29 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;527576
Errrr I changed my name to Bangarang... so if you see that in the Geekhack room that is me.

[video=youtube;xvxWzrmIN9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvxWzrmIN9A&feature=related[/video]

That is a solid username.  I've used "rufio" before.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #658 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 22:35:44 »
Quote from: hashbaz;527581
That is a solid username.  I've used "rufio" before.

Rufio is my throwaway SC2 account.
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline noGG

« Reply #659 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:12:31 »
Quote from: hazeluff;527433
Platinum is about going for solid macro, but you need to know what to build. Its pointless if you're building the wrong units. Platinum I say, is still a point where solid macro is more key that the cute little micro you do with units. Obviously its different from the lower leagues. They key I think round the plat level (at least for me) it was picking the right units and solid macro. (for zerg this whole thing is a bit different because we're deciding between army vs economy). Say he went only mutas. make like 4 thors. One at each base and one to push out and marine tank. What can mutalisk do? Nothing. Its key to know what you're opponent's plan/build/units are and play accordingly. But I reckon if you macroed solidly enough and made marines only, you'd win.

Fungals used to be sooo good. Especially because terrans didn't know how to deal with it. Now I feel like, I rather skip infestors until I had my broodlords. I was huge fan of Destiny's Infestor style and i kept playing it vs toss and vs terran and it paid out well for me. Then everyone learned how to spread and no I'm back with ling bane muta, and I hate playing that...I've been trying the roach vs terran style, not working out... = /

Wanna know why I don't make 4 thors? Because by the time the mutas hit, even with a standard build that goes for Thors in unit comp, I won't have the thors out in time. And any idiot can magic box mutas and with 36 mutas, it doesn't matter how many Thors I have. Mobility will win in the end. Sure I can keep my whole army together in base but then I lose map control. The key problem I think I have is that I try to do standard builds that work in Masters and up but since my opponents (usually upper gold to the very bottom of platinum) have such odd builds, timings, and transitions. I'd have to dedicate everything to scouting.

Let's say I'm playing vs. Zerg and he goes hatch first. What' the appropriate response? Reactor hellions, duh. I do normal damage with the hellions, do scouting, gain some map control, pressure his 3rd, etc. Then all of a sudden he gets brood lords before there should even be brood lords on the field. I'm talking about people that have their timings so off and use such funky builds it could take out a pro unaware just because it's mechanically impossible at that time to win. Or say against protoss. The right units to build are usually marine/marauder/medivac/ghost and maybe some vikings thrown in if he has colossi. What do I do against someone that gets a little bit of everything. Zealot/stalker/dt/void ray. Weird unit comps like that. It's just impossible to prepare for EVERYTHING if I'm trying to play standard (save orbital energy for scans instead of mules? and let my macro slip? no thanks, I'm not counting on the slight possibility of DTs at SOME point on the game to determine whether or not I should drop mules).

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #660 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:37:37 »
Quote from: noGG;528625
Wanna know why I don't make 4 thors? Because by the time the mutas hit, even with a standard build that goes for Thors in unit comp, I won't have the thors out in time. And any idiot can magic box mutas and with 36 mutas, it doesn't matter how many Thors I have. Mobility will win in the end. Sure I can keep my whole army together in base but then I lose map control. The key problem I think I have is that I try to do standard builds that work in Masters and up but since my opponents (usually upper gold to the very bottom of platinum) have such odd builds, timings, and transitions. I'd have to dedicate everything to scouting.

Let's say I'm playing vs. Zerg and he goes hatch first. What' the appropriate response? Reactor hellions, duh. I do normal damage with the hellions, do scouting, gain some map control, pressure his 3rd, etc. Then all of a sudden he gets brood lords before there should even be brood lords on the field. I'm talking about people that have their timings so off and use such funky builds it could take out a pro unaware just because it's mechanically impossible at that time to win. Or say against protoss. The right units to build are usually marine/marauder/medivac/ghost and maybe some vikings thrown in if he has colossi. What do I do against someone that gets a little bit of everything. Zealot/stalker/dt/void ray. Weird unit comps like that. It's just impossible to prepare for EVERYTHING if I'm trying to play standard (save orbital energy for scans instead of mules? and let my macro slip? no thanks, I'm not counting on the slight possibility of DTs at SOME point on the game to determine whether or not I should drop mules).

The muta thing, I can't understand. for more than 20 mutas, it would be quite late. So you'll have had plenty of time to prepare, marine/turret + thor means mutas can't go in that area. Thors are a late stage thing, if he's really comitting to them make more, but one or two usually is enough if you see some but not stupid amounts. There is always a terran timing vs zerg before mutas come out, hit that timing if you're have trouble against muta builds.

Your number of 36 mutas seems very exagerated, it's either quite late into the game and he's made that many mutas, in which case, why didn't you pressure him so he'd stop making those things...He can only make bane/roach or muta, not both. If it's exagerated, you'll be fine with thor + turret. or thor + some marines.

Tip vs zerg. Open up your solid marine tank, and push. If its not a standard ling bane muta/ roach infestor/etc builds then he'll die. If it fails, you force less mutas/more units and less econ. You do need to set up correctly and do the push decently obviously. If he's doing some stupid broodlord rush, he's already lost to this "pressure".

There are solid builds, like marine tank medivac/mech. They are solid. Then you have your cutesy builds that throw in banshees and ravens and such. But I mean those have some holes in your defense. Hatch first can be reacted to with a variety of things and not just reactor helion. You can one up him and go CC first/ CC after rax, there is no ONE build to go against other builds.

As for substandard builds like a "everything composition", its about playing reactionary or just having a better composition. Its not easy to react to everything you see in time and sometimes you see it too late.

I recomend saving at least one scan for a chance DTs are coming in/ when you are moving out. Getting caught off guard is just terrible.

I know I don't play terran, so I can't be of great help. But as a zerg, I throw up preemptive evo chamber/lair (for dection) + roach warren against noob terrans. Because I don't know if theyre doign the stupid 20 BFH build and I don't know if they decide to do the 2 starport banshee at 12 minutes in build. But I have such a solid macro over them, that I can afford those resources going into useless precautions.

But I know how you feel about lower level builds. I've lost the stupidest things that just don't make sense. Guy makes tons of spines then all ins you...that kind of **** is just wtf. If I were better I'd hold it off, since he should still be behind in resources if he built spines and assuming I macroed around his level. So I should be able to get units to react to what he's done and still be in a decent position.  

There are builds that are general purpose and are general purpose cos they are very safe to use, you might just be slightly behind on the scouting or just slightly behind in macro. Scouting is important, checking army compositions/buildings/positions/bases. Its all very important.

GLHF, practice makes perfect, If you wanna have some practice against me, I would love to help you out. Not sure if the underlying problem is the other people or maybe some flaw in your gameplay. It might be a small combination of both. Trust me on the "solid" builds thing tho, they are solid (or at least relatively more stable).

I got to Plat from Bronze with protoss learning to 4gate and 3gate expand...and learned that if I just made more units/colosis, I win. I got from plat to diamond with zerg learning how to react to different plays, it was a pain, zergs are more reactive than terran/protoss, and it too a lot of getting used to all the scouting and choosing the right units. I also learned to execute solid builds really fine up till like past the 8 minute mark.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:49:44 by hazeluff »

Offline Creizai

« Reply #661 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 17:29:00 »
So I'm top 20 in diamond on 2 accounts but I see a GLARING issue with my play, My macro is falling off during certain attacks, and I'm not toss so I can't just warp in round instantly or have a millino units pop.  I know its easy to say build scvs and build units while micro but when i'm in the thick thick of it I drop off bad.  Any tips?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #662 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 17:32:07 »
How is having your barracks and factories on hotkeys different than hatcheries on hotkeys?  I would say it is easier for T and Z to macro during a battle than P, since P has to find a powered area to warp in at.

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #663 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 20:02:26 »
Quote from: hashbaz;534201
How is having your barracks and factories on hotkeys different than hatcheries on hotkeys?  I would say it is easier for T and Z to macro during a battle than P, since P has to find a powered area to warp in at.

What I've been doing lately is bringing a warp prism along with my army and warp em in when I attack. A lot more convenient when you attack. BTW, I'm always down for some Masters games. I rank 1 and 2Masters 2s and 3s.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #664 on: Sun, 04 March 2012, 21:05:16 »
Quote from: Creizai;534196
So I'm top 20 in diamond on 2 accounts but I see a GLARING issue with my play, My macro is falling off during certain attacks, and I'm not toss so I can't just warp in round instantly or have a millino units pop.  I know its easy to say build scvs and build units while micro but when i'm in the thick thick of it I drop off bad.  Any tips?

The simple fix would be to queue up a ton of units on your production facility as you go into battle. And if you can during. Otherwise it's about awareness that you need to be making units during a fight. Practice it.

Day[9] tip: Practice games where you only care about macroing correctly. Don't care if you don't micro, just make sure you are making units, get it stuck in you that you need to make units all the time.

Offline Glukos

« Reply #665 on: Mon, 05 March 2012, 08:30:50 »
Which keycaps do pro players remove to play awesomish?
Proofs pls.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #666 on: Mon, 05 March 2012, 08:33:05 »
Quote from: Glukos;535642
Which keycaps do pro players remove to play awesomish?
Proofs pls.

I've seen things like windows caps and \| removed. No proofs, just take my word for it.

Offline andyhoang

« Reply #667 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 23:56:20 »
Kilos.905!

Offline Crackensan

« Reply #668 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 09:12:10 »
Well, since I'm here.... :D

Cracken.432, Gold Zerg player on NA.

And did anyone see Stephano last night?  That last game against Polt was insane.
WASD Keyboard, TenKeyless MX Blue Switch
Steelseries 6Gv2
Starcraft II: North America: Cracken.432

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
« Reply #669 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:11:18 »
vurt.276 - Pimp League [Gold/Plat] Protoss/Zerg, depending what I feel like playing. Zerg macro EZ. Protoss A Move army EZ. Help me pick a race!!
But lets get real here...

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 44912[/ATTACH]
Filco MJ2 Ninja | IBM Model M 1391401

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #670 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:22:34 »
Quote from: vurt;550650
vurt.276 - Pimp League [Gold/Plat] Protoss/Zerg, depending what I feel like playing. Zerg macro EZ. Protoss A Move army EZ. Help me pick a race!!
But lets get real here...

(Attachment Link) 44912[/ATTACH]

Random. Best race ever.

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
« Reply #671 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:24:42 »
But Terran sucks.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #672 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:26:01 »
Quote from: vurt;550666
But Terran sucks.

Clearly you're not making enough of one of the following units:

Marine
Marauder
Helion
Banshee
Tank
Thor

Mass them and win. EZ

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
« Reply #673 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:33:10 »
tbh Terran isn't fun to play for me. I don't like to micro bio/manage tanks/manage drops. I prefer to warp in mass zealots/archons and A-move to victory.

Offline yttrium

« Reply #674 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:34:02 »
Sucks != Hard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #675 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:40:52 »
Quote from: vurt;550677
tbh Terran isn't fun to play for me. I don't like to micro bio/manage tanks/manage drops. I prefer to warp in mass zealots/archons and A-move to victory.

You've got problems. There is nothing easier than making 1base-6rax marine all-in. I won some diamond games when I accidentally randomed.

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
« Reply #676 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:45:58 »
Terran is hard at high levels, but that isn't the reason I dislike the race. It's a playstyle/mechanics thing. I really like Zerg mechanics, and how the race works and relies so much on scouting and reactionary play. Protoss is a race where you have the ability to control game flow a bit more, and unit composition really matters late game, which I also enjoy quite a bit. I have definitely played more Protoss games and I'm probably more comfortable with Protoss builds. Additionally, it's so easy to die as Zerg early game to timings if you don't prepare properly. But if my opponent doesn't ever attack and lets me take 3-4 base with 80 drones...it's GG.

Edit: There is nothing easier than all-inning on any race, but I don't like to play cheesy styles. I prefer straight up games/macro styles.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #677 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 13:50:16 »
Quote from: vurt;550685
Terran is hard at high levels, but that isn't the reason I dislike the race. It's a playstyle/mechanics thing. I really like Zerg mechanics, and how the race works and relies so much on scouting and reactionary play. Protoss is a race where you have the ability to control game flow a bit more, and unit composition really matters late game, which I also enjoy quite a bit. I have definitely played more Protoss games and I'm probably more comfortable with Protoss builds. Additionally, it's so easy to die as Zerg early game to timings if you don't prepare properly. But if my opponent doesn't ever attack and lets me take 3-4 base with 80 drones...it's GG.

Edit: There is nothing easier than all-inning on any race, but I don't like to play cheesy styles. I prefer straight up games/macro styles.

I like throwing in the cheese once in a while. Not very often, but I throw them in.

I play zerg/toss and I know how you feel about playing terran. I absolutely hate playing it. Except when I do wonky builds.

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
« Reply #678 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 14:13:37 »
Terran Go To Builds for a Sure Fire Win:

2 port banshee
Proxy 11/11 rax
6rax 1 base TLO build
1/1/1
7rax reaper

Or if you meet EG IdrA on ladder...1 base battlecruiser!!

Offline Crackensan

« Reply #679 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:46:44 »
If your having issues with Terran.... just make sure your "A" key is functioning.  When in doubt, make more Marines! :D

No, seriously, 10 medivacs+ makes a ball of marines neigh invulnerable.  It's disgusting.  Especially when I get down to killing the last few Marines..... oh man..... unless you have some great burst damage units, and you can position the Marines right, it's impossible. :D

Though with Protoss.... when behind, Dark Shrine! :D
Steelseries 6Gv2

Offline yttrium

« Reply #680 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 11:17:07 »
Quote from: Crackensan;551410
10 medivacs+ makes a ball of marines neigh invulnerable

And I was like... BANELINGS BANELINGS BANELINGS OHHHH!

Edit: And on that note, infestors and ultralisks work beautifully too. Roach+Hydra can be good as long as you have the +1 range upgrade for the hydras and have them focus down the medivacs while the roaches soak up the fire (with some armor upgrades).

Also, brood lords are great as long as you have something to soak up the fire.

Of course, zergling + baneling is great versus a bioball like that - simply run past the marines to flank them with speedlings. If you time it right you can surround and trap the marines (except for where you come from) just as the banelings meet with them. The marines are basically thrown into a cup while sulfuric acid is poured all over them. Oh, and you get to hear their agonizing screams... I love that...
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2012, 11:21:30 by yttrium »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Crackensan

« Reply #681 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 11:24:03 »
haha, Yeah, I know.  Every once in a while I find my self in these really odd situations where I don't have them.  :/
Steelseries 6Gv2

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
« Reply #682 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 11:33:20 »
Quote from: Crackensan;551410
neigh

[video=youtube;ZwOptdOA-i0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwOptdOA-i0[/video]

Offline Crackensan

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 12:27:18 »
is there an official geek hack channel I can join?  I was wondering where you guys hide on battle.net
Steelseries 6Gv2

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #684 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 20:02:53 »
Quote from: Crackensan;551546
is there an official geek hack channel I can join?  I was wondering where you guys hide on battle.net

Yes there is one. = D

"GeekHack"

Who would have guessed?

Offline Crackensan

« Reply #685 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:20:07 »
Yeah... should have just tried that.... ;_;
Steelseries 6Gv2

Offline augusto2112

« Reply #686 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 12:53:05 »
Hi guys!
I've been playing SC2 for a year now. It is my first RTS. I started playing as protoss and then switched to zerg and never regreted it. I'm a low Diamond level zerg and a platinum level protoss.
ID: Omnipotent.692 (Zerg)

Offline ForestFunK

« Reply #687 on: Sun, 15 April 2012, 10:33:52 »
You might get stomped in your placement matches. But after that you will be placed against enemies with equal "performace". That's the good thing about the ladder.
Qpad-MK-50 | ReɅlforce 88u

Offline Fir3Chi3f

« Reply #688 on: Thu, 19 April 2012, 00:47:29 »
Reporting in!

Fir3Chi3f#1304
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/352645/1/FireChief/

Yeah, I've come from OCN as well :P
Figured I've visited enough researching keyboards and whatnot. Just now exploring a bit.
Live life like you\'re on a mission and have your own theme song

Offline zeDoktor

• http://www.hexomega.com
« Reply #689 on: Wed, 25 April 2012, 16:46:16 »
zeDoktor#638
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2944317/1/zeDoktor/

I'm pretty terrible but I love the game. I went to MLG Orlando last year and completely fell in love with Starcraft and eSports.
SteelSeries 6Gv2 / Razer DeathAdder Black  / CM Storm QuickFire Rapid / Logitech G5 BF2142 / Microsoft Sidewinder X4 / Rosewill RK-9000 White / Anker 8200

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #690 on: Thu, 26 April 2012, 18:13:40 »
Mine is Daniel#2186 on the EU server. I'm silver league. Any of you EU GH'ers feel free to add me, just make sure to drop me a message and tell me who it is :)

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #691 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 14:52:07 »
Now if I only could get game to install on my XP machine...

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2298038/1/Ekaros/
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 April 2012, 14:56:54 by Ekaros »
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Namkung

« Reply #692 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 15:20:37 »
Quote from: dante;574906
Are their quite a bit of noobs that are available to play on SC2 or am I going to get my butt handed to me in just about any game I play?

I'm a noob myself; I still have to build a new computer, acquire a new monitor, swap out my trackball for a mouse; etc... starting at ground zero.

Edit: any issues playing SC2 with a Noppoo Choc Mini?

playing with choc mini should be just fine, granted you are used to its layout / can get used to it.
* Proud winner of the first GH SC2 tournament *
REALFORCE 87UB 55g
REALFORCE 87UW 45g

Offline stereophonic

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 22:15:36 »
Yo yo, add me up.: SackPatrol.702 Diamond Protss.

Offline ryuzBIM

« Reply #694 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 07:25:40 »
Hi, i'm RYUZbim #583 random plat on EU server :)
Noppoo Choc Mini||Filco Majestouch I||CM Quickfire

Offline Ekaros

« Reply #695 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 08:00:31 »
I think I'm really bad in this game ;D

Finaly got it installed though.
So I should add something useless here yes? Ok, ok...
Filco 105-key NKRO MX Browns Sw/Fi-layout|IBM Model M 1394545 Lexmark 102-key Finnish-layout 1994-03-22|Cherry G80-3000LQCDE-2 with MX CLEAR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dell AT102W(105-key SF) (Black ALPS)|Steelseries Steelkeys 6G(MX Black) ISO-FI-layout|Cherry G84-4400 G84-4700 Cherry MLs

Offline Desu

« Reply #696 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:27:01 »
I'll add on my bnet account later this week -- but just wanted to say...that last GSL final was AMAZINGGG! Go Squirtle!!

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #697 on: Sat, 02 June 2012, 12:15:34 »
Every time I go on and join the Geekhack channel (EU), there's only ever me and one other person in it :(

Offline NSMarkop

• Cuber.US
Re: StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #698 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 18:19:35 »
Just posting here to see if anyone is interested in playing. I don't really know anyone that plays SC2, which has resulted in me slacking a bit on playing lately (and watching too many streams, haha).

NeedReality.408 on the NA server (Gold league Terran, though I want to play Protoss):
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/3262275/1/NeedReality/

Also, awhile ago someone posted a custom division for GeekHack on SC2Ranks:
http://sc2ranks.com/c/11594/geekhack/

I'm not sure if people know about it, because the post with it was removed the following day due to a prior forum rollback (along with my first post and feedback at the time :[)

Offline nar

Re: StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #699 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 06:45:30 »
If you go on the geekhack channel on SC2 you can ask people to play there. I'm a gold random (XskieS on the division) so if I'm on I'd be up to play with you.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS