Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1396337 times)

Offline mooswa

Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(lclosed)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:11:15 »
I think blank keys of various colours are missing the point of solarized - to display various accents of text on a beautiful background.  It is the text vs background that I value the most about solarized, not just individual color pallette.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:13:40 »
This is based on Jaymatter's second design. The only things I changed were adding a second BFP colored modifier on the outside and a BPF on YCC set of GEEK / HACK keys for the thumb cluster.

Show Image

This is about as colorful as I am willing to go :-)

Would you go for the above? It's a bit tamer.

I think blank keys of various colours are missing the point of solarized - to display various accents of text on a beautiful background.  It is the text vs background that I value the most about solarized, not just individual color pallette.

I agree about that, these colors look great on top of each other, which is why I've tried to add a few more splashes of color next to the dark blue. The inner mods are gonna look great next to the tan alphas too.

What if every coloured key had a blue alternate. So anybody could choose what coloured keys they wanted to use, and put blues in where they wanted.

I guess I'm just trying to avoid keys with text on them, that don't mean anything to me.

Except "GEEK" and "HACK". You guys mean something to me :D

I'm not down with alternates. The set is already gonna be expensive because of the small size. Let's try to find one thing that suits folks or just decide to fulfill ergodox needs elsewhere.

Offline jaymatter

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:17:09 »
I like that, nuclearsandwich. I'd probably look to add the magenta keys later if they didn't come in on this order though.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:19:20 »
I like that, nuclearsandwich. I'd probably look to add the magenta keys later if they didn't come in on this order though.

Magenta isn't part of the Penumbra palette and I'm not even sure which SP color would match it. Let alone what adding another color does to the cost.

Offline jaymatter

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:29:22 »

Magenta isn't part of the Penumbra palette and I'm not even sure which SP color would match it. Let alone what adding another color does to the cost.

Ah, of course, I forgot about that limitation for adding to this order. I was thinking of ordering it separately anyways.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:40:59 by jaymatter »

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:33:26 »
Nice ideas that go around.

I need the legends on the ErgoDox for one reason only and that is so that other people can enter Passwords and other stuff if they drop in for IT-Support.
My suggestion is to stick to the Massdrop default and only label layer 0 - I know that I will go crazy on the other layers given the time  ;D

As I like to use the dark Solarized variant I would like to match my keyboard to that but I guess this could be to expensive because of the number of extra keys.

Anyway that is my work in progress: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/1552629525622fd2207bf472b36ce0e2

What do you think about this - accent colors are up for debate  ;)

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:45:04 »

I need the legends on the ErgoDox for one reason only and that is so that other people can enter Passwords and other stuff if they drop in for IT-Support.
My suggestion is to stick to the Massdrop default and only label layer 0 - I know that I will go crazy on the other layers given the time  ;D

As I like to use the dark Solarized variant I would like to match my keyboard to that but I guess this could be to expensive because of the number of extra keys.

Anyway that is my work in progress: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/1552629525622fd2207bf472b36ce0e2

I understand you wanting to have printed keys, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that my Ergodox will NOT have that layout.

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline jaymatter

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:50:26 »

It's tough to decide on what legends go on what keys since the ergodox is a programmable keyboard - different people will have different keys! This is my crazy layout: https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=8RZKC9&hash=29885c891430eb319d45cdcb8ed144dd  :D

Offline jaymatter

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:57:51 »

I do agree with you - but the fact that the ergodox is programmable is going to make it difficult to come to a consensus as to what to print on the mods. If it was up to any one of us, without having to consider others, good chance is we'd choose exactly what our layouts are. I just don't like the idea of paying the cost of random text on my keys just for the sake of getting some text on the keys. I'd rather have blanks than non-sensical things like the commodore symbol or bullets. Saying that, I know there are others out there that don't mind the random text on keys - maybe a poll could shed more light on this so more people are happy?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:02:06 »
Bunny, what do you think the chances are of including (or making available) four blank singles? I've got a Ducky, with 108-key layout -- they've got those four extra media keys at above the numpad. I don't know how many people would want or need the media keys (Calc, Home, Email, PC) but just some blanks would be awesome, just to fill the space? What do you think?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:02:52 »

It's tough to decide on what legends go on what keys since the ergodox is a programmable keyboard - different people will have different keys! This is my crazy layout: https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=8RZKC9&hash=29885c891430eb319d45cdcb8ed144dd  :D
That is why I was going with the Massdrop default and will do my crazy layouts on the other layers.
I will try as hard as I can to get rid of the second keyboard on my desk by providing sane/complete legends on the ErgoDox. I really hope this is sane enough that a normal user can type on my workstation.

Offline mooswa

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:04:19 »
Would you go for the above? It's a bit tamer.
Sorry, to me it just doesn't have the same feel as the non-ergodox sets.  I'd rather go with all blank dark blue mods.  IMHO blank mods is the normal approach with ergodox kits.  But since legends look so nice on dark blue and off-white solaized backgrounds we've started looking into the whole legend thing.  We only need to come up with some generic legends that would satisfy everyone.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:08:10 »
Bunny, what do you think the chances are of including (or making available) four blank singles? I've got a Ducky, with 108-key layout -- they've got those four extra media keys at above the numpad. I don't know how many people would want or need the media keys (Calc, Home, Email, PC) but just some blanks would be awesome, just to fill the space? What do you think?

In on this GB, and a cable as well. Would it be possible to include single unit keys for CALC, COMP, HOME, EMAIL for the extra four keys on fullsize Duckys? Or at least four blank keys?

I'll look into some options for you sir, but there will certainly be some extra novelty type keys that can fill that void if nothing else

At worst, there will be the two GeekHack caps and a novelty cap and not sure what other plans are!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mooswa

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:11:47 »
Sure, let's do a poll.  Just PM me your preference.

What do you prefer

a) all blank mods ergodox kit
b) generic legends on external row, eg GEEK HACK LEFT RIGHT CODE SUPER etc - we will croudsource the list later if this option wins.

I don't think there is any other realistic option.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:14:00 by mooswa »

Offline mooswa

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:12:11 »
RESERVED for poll results:

a) jaymatter nuclearsandwitch slalomsk8er? TravisW neh
b) mooswa jefferai? cultofjosh MOZ zflamewing
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 16:13:25 by mooswa »

Offline jefferai

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:24:26 »

What do you prefer

b) generic legends on external row, eg GEEK HACK LEFT RIGHT CODE SUPER etc - we will croudsource the list later if this option wins.

Option c: depends on the legends :-)

Offline mooswa

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:33:22 »
Option c: depends on the legends :-)

I think that means option b) right now.  Then you'll have your say in another poll for actual legends to use. Fair?

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:36:56 »

What do you prefer

option d) massdrop configurator default

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:50:37 »
what is wrong with the Solarized palette in the OP?

Offline mooswa

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:54:14 »

The problem is that would add quite a few more unique keys, and my understanding that adding each new key type to the set makes it more expensive.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:55:11 »
sorry i havent been part of the discussion much tonight, hitting bed now as its 1am, been taking care of some other things, will go over everything tomorrow and start this ergodox process off

i get the feeling it is gonna be impossible to please everyone, so im just gonna have to go with the popular vote on this one, but please do continue as i will read everything tomorrow
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline mooswa

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:56:37 »
what is wrong with the Solarized palette in the OP?

Not a thing.  It is beautiful.  Striking even.  Why are you asking?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:01:58 »
all of these proposed changes. I really wanted to buy this set because of the colorways, but I really <3 gmk atm.
I am sure that I will switch back to pbt soon anyways. :D

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:07:38 »
@domo the colours for the main set are set (huehue) its the ergodox set people are discussing :)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:15:29 »

The problem is that would add quite a few more unique keys, and my understanding that adding each new key type to the set makes it more expensive.
That is too bad.
I noticed some thing right now - the keys I write on at the moment on my ThinkPad look like they are blanks that got labeled after the fact.
Is there an easy method to do this by your self like:
  • print label on X and cut out
  • clean blank key with Y
  • glue and seal to key with Z
If so I would like to go with blanks. If not I will go for the generics.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:35:46 »
Out of curiosity, everyone is aware that the ergodox kit does not include alphas right? It's designed to add ergodox compatibility to the base Penumbra set.

We should only be discussing what to do with the ED modifers not anything about alpha positioning, layout, or color.

Also, I'd much prefer blanks in the Penumbra palette to anything else.

Offline TravisW

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:38:22 »

How much more expensive would this be in total? With everyone preferring different layouts, if we're not going to do nongeneric modifier labeling (or just blanks), probably the only sensible/fair thing is to do something standardized, and AFAI can tell the default configurator layout is the closest thing the Ergodox has to a default.

Offline mooswa

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:41:11 »

That is too bad.
I noticed some thing right now - the keys I write on at the moment on my ThinkPad look like they are blanks that got labeled after the fact.
Is there an easy method to do this by your self like:
  • print label on X and cut out
  • clean blank key with Y
  • glue and seal to key with Z
If so I would like to go with blanks. If not I will go for the generics.

You probably can buy some keyboard stickers.  So I will count you for blanks then?

Offline mooswa

« Reply #428 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:47:47 »

How much more expensive would this be in total? With everyone preferring different layouts, if we're not going to do nongeneric modifier labeling (or just blanks), probably the only sensible/fair thing is to do something standardized, and AFAI can tell the default configurator layout is the closest thing the Ergodox has to a default.

I hope bunny can tell us prices tommorow.  Let's call them non-standard generics.  I don't want a legend to lie - e.g. say Tab but actually act as a left bracket.  That is the reasoning behind this novelty non-standard generic legends.  If we go with Ergodox default, there will be plenty of keys lying to me or an occasional user.  But things like HACK should give enough of a "don't press if not sure" hint.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:50:14 by mooswa »

Offline TravisW

« Reply #429 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:49:21 »
RESERVED for poll results:

a) jaymatter
b) mooswa jefferai?

I pm'd this to mooswa, but think my comments might be of interest to other people thinking about picking up an Ergodox kit too:

Hi mooswa, thanks for running this poll.

I suppose I prefer (a) all blanks given the choices.

Really, and probably like most people, I would prefer to have my choice of printed modifiers, but if the discussion is any indication, it's going to be difficult to find something that pleases anyone, myself included: most of the recently proposed layouts are too noisy for my taste and anyway specific in ways I don't like (I like generic modifiers, e.g. "super", "meta", etc., but not novelty ones, e.g., "Geek", "Hack", running man, etc.), and I probably wouldn't buy an Ergodox kit if we end up with something like them. If we do go for legended keys for the kit, since there seems to be so much variety of opinion here, it might entice otherwise people so disinclined if some blanks were added (at not too much cost, since they're blanks) so that people can at least replace any of the legended keys they dislike.

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #430 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:06:31 »
I'm 100% on the same page with mooswa on this one. Subtle accents, if any, going down the far right and far left. Everything else solid base colors. I definitely prefer the generic mods to novelty as well. But are there even enough of those to cover 8 keys? Hmm.

Offline mooswa

« Reply #431 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:36:33 »
8 keys you say?  Bingo! We have 8 colors:

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/7ee41c5827a80768f741d0999dc31a55

For true solarized fan who cannot quite remember the values.'

Edit: rearranged a colours a bit for more logical color-table look, there is still probably better ways to do it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:49:13 by mooswa »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #432 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:37:47 »
Haha, I like the color code idea :D  Clever and random enough to confuse onlookers.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline jefferai

« Reply #433 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:38:56 »

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/d9bd32a84215a9a0560529e116630cdd

For true solarized fan who cannot quite remember the values

Oh, that's clever. I like.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:40:35 »
Out of curiosity, everyone is aware that the ergodox kit does not include alphas right? It's designed to add ergodox compatibility to the base Penumbra set.

Yes, but I (and probably others) did not buy the base Penumbra set because of waiting on the ErgoDox stuff to get figured out (much less whether it would end up happening at all).

It would be nice if, when the ErgoDox bits are sorted out, we get a choice of the normal alphas set or blanks.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:02:09 »
sorry i havent been part of the discussion much tonight, hitting bed now as its 1am, been taking care of some other things, will go over everything tomorrow and start this ergodox process off

i get the feeling it is gonna be impossible to please everyone, so im just gonna have to go with the popular vote on this one, but please do continue as i will read everything tomorrow

Hey Bunny,

Just want to make sure you got my PM the night before.

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:06:14 »

Show Image

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/7ee41c5827a80768f741d0999dc31a55

For true solarized fan who cannot quite remember the values.'

Edit: rearranged a colours a bit for more logical color-table look, there is still probably better ways to do it.

LOL, love it! I'm guessing that many new legends would price it out of the park tho?

Offline mooswa

« Reply #437 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:42:32 »
Let's ask Bunny.  How big of a price difference would be between these options:

i) All blank ergodox mods:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/2cc66ba22cb2091bda30e266669c6db1
  R1:  2 identical x1.5, 1 extra geek/hack key from base set (or from white alphas?***)
  R2:  2 identical x1.5, 4 identical x1
  R3:  6 identical x1.5, 14 identical x1, 4 identical x2
  R4:  2 identical x1.5
Total 35 keys, 7 new unique keys

ii) Full color-table mods:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/b55905f6c7f220f7372782f8747af660
  R1:  2 differently labeled x1.5, 1 extra geek/hack key from base set (or from white alphas?***)
  R2:  2 differently labeled x1.5, 4 identical blank x1.5, 4 identical blank x1
  R3:  2 differently labeled x1.5, 4 identical blank x1.5, 14 identical blank x1, 4 identical blank x2
  R4:  2 differently labeled x1.5
Total 35 keys, 12 new unique keys

iii) Half color-table modes (as one above, but mods are the same on left and right side)
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/effabde2a344ba6d67981dbe50ab0b29
  R1:  2 identically labeled x1.5, 1 extra geek/hack key from base set (or from white alphas?***)
  R2:  2 identically labeled x1.5, 4 identical blank x1
  R3:  2 identically labeled x1.5, 4 identical blank x1.5, 14 identical blank x1, 4 identical blank x2
  R4:  2 identically labeled x1.5
Total 35 keys, 8 new unique keys

*** I guess for folks wanting to equip just the ergodox it makes sense to get solarized alphas, and not the base kit (although I am now thinking I should get both so I can highlight WASD keys on my CFR and the Dox).

Probably stating obvious, but I am assuming the standard SA profile, not the flat R3 alphas.

Please, also, can someone check if my math is right?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:52:13 by mooswa »

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #438 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:52:09 »

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/2cc66ba22cb2091bda30e266669c6db1
  R1:  2 identical x1.5, 1 extra geek/hack key from base set (or from white alphas?***)

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/b55905f6c7f220f7372782f8747af660
  R1:  2 differently labeled x1.5, 1 extra geek/hack key from base set (or from white alphas?***)
  R3:  2 differently labeled x1.5, 4 identical blank x1.5, 14 identical blank x1, 4 identical blank x2

iii) Half color-table modes (as one above, but mods are the same on left and right side)
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/effabde2a344ba6d67981dbe50ab0b29
  R1:  2 identically labeled x1.5, 1 extra geek/hack key from base set (or from white alphas?***)
  R3:  2 identically labeled x1.5, 4 identical blank x1.5, 14 identical blank x1, 4 identical blank x2

*** I guess for folks wanting to equip just the ergodox it makes sense to get solarized alphas, and not the base kit.

Probably stating obvious, but I am assuming the standard SA profile, not the flat R3 alphas.

Well if you'd read the thread. You'd see that the kits are already going to be expensive due the the fact that there are only 10-15 people *max* getting them when minimum sane order quality is usually around 25. You'd also see that Bunny has already said we could realistically split the cost of *at most two* new legends.

Offline mooswa

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:04:31 »
I've managed to miss that part from bunny, indeed.  Somehow I thought that only key types matter.  But considering how these are doubleshots, the legends must matter a lot. 

Offline mooswa

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:18:55 »
Do you guys think that if colour-code idea was there at the beginning of GB there'd be more buyers?  Perhaps we need an IC thread?

Offline jefferai

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:32:29 »
Do you guys think that if colour-code idea was there at the beginning of GB there'd be more buyers?  Perhaps we need an IC thread?

I think so, sure, especially since art that time an ErgoDox GB was on.

I'm curious what the prices would be for the sets at what quantities. Maybe enough people would be willing to speculate for future ErgoDox buyers to buy several.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #442 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:39:02 »

Bunny is doing ergodoxers a favor by offering this kit for the buy. It's got to be sorted by tomorrow or so. There's not time to talk it out in an IC. Perhaps you can ask Bunny if he minds y'all using the Penumbra set as a starting point for a larger ergodox but it would be poor form to presume as much.

Offline mooswa

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:32:57 »
I can see how you can read my post in that way, but I was in no way suggesting that someone else should try running their own Penumbra GB.

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #444 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 02:34:40 »
You probably can buy some keyboard stickers.  So I will count you for blanks then?
Wow, I didn't know what to search for.
They even have Swiss-German stickers on the market  :)

The colorcodes look fantastic if I cant have those you can add me to the blanks group.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #445 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:11:53 »

Bunny is doing ergodoxers a favor by offering this kit for the buy. It's got to be sorted by tomorrow or so. There's not time to talk it out in an IC. Perhaps you can ask Bunny if he minds y'all using the Penumbra set as a starting point for a larger ergodox but it would be poor form to presume as much.

I posited earlier (in the thread or a PM to Bunny, I forget which) that the best way to drum up interest in an ErgoDox set is to work with the MassDrop guys, but he doesn't like them. That's unfortunate, as nearly everyone with an ErgoDox is getting MassDrop emails, but they don't have a proper discussion/announcement forum, and I'm sure many people getting ErgoDoxes don't find their way here.

I can say for sure that each time they have a keycap offer there is clamoring for an SA profile. And I do think that the latest mockups (with the color codes as legends) are brilliant. I think if Bunny wanted to expand the Penumbra legacy and could stomach dealing with MassDrop, there might be some serious interest there.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #446 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:20:25 »

I posited earlier (in the thread or a PM to Bunny, I forget which) that the best way to drum up interest in an ErgoDox set is to work with the MassDrop guys, but he doesn't like them. That's unfortunate, as nearly everyone with an ErgoDox is getting MassDrop emails, but they don't have a proper discussion/announcement forum, and I'm sure many people getting ErgoDoxes don't find their way here.

I can say for sure that each time they have a keycap offer there is clamoring for an SA profile. And I do think that the latest mockups (with the color codes as legends) are brilliant. I think if Bunny wanted to expand the Penumbra legacy and could stomach dealing with MassDrop, there might be some serious interest there.

my interest is not in making lots of sets, but in providing geekhack with the sets they want, and massdrop isnt part of that, however, i think we can make those colour code mods happen with this buy

i will be contacting sp for quotes later today

could we start getting an informal list going of people who want to buy the dox addon, so i have an idea of numbers

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:22:42 »

Yes, but I (and probably others) did not buy the base Penumbra set because of waiting on the ErgoDox stuff to get figured out (much less whether it would end up happening at all).

It would be nice if, when the ErgoDox bits are sorted out, we get a choice of the normal alphas set or blanks.

i have put the standard set up for order for a few more hours today, you and everyone else has had a month already if you wanted to order, and i have confirmed for a couple weeks we will add a dox kit

i think there is about 9 hours left on the buy as of now, and i will close it after that

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:26:33 »

*** I guess for folks wanting to equip just the ergodox it makes sense to get solarized alphas, and not the base kit (although I am now thinking I should get both so I can highlight WASD keys on my CFR and the Dox).

im a big fan of mockup 3 there

Offline jefferai

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:46:36 »

i have put the standard set up for order for a few more hours today, you and everyone else has had a month already if you wanted to order, and i have confirmed for a couple weeks we will add a dox kit

Yes, you confirmed that a dox kit would be added, but:

a) There was no indication whether the ErgoDox kit would come with alphas or not, since you left that up for a later decision based on the interested parties
b) The base and the alphas sets are totally different colors, and I (and I think everyone else, based on the mockups) would want the base colors for the alphas
c) A restricted alphas set for the ErgoDox people could theoretically be cheaper than the current alphas set since a lot of the keys wouldn't be needed, which would offset the cost of the new keys/legends
d) I don't generally buy things before I'm told the price

Not trying to be difficult, but the ED people were told to wait and see, and now that the ED stuff is in the process of getting sorted out, please do not fault us for waiting as we were asked...
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 06:55:16 by jefferai »