Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 739029 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: (GB) TOXIC (production)(order toxic alphas now)
« Reply #1401 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:14:04 »
So Bunny, when's the GB for the shirts?

:P
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #1402 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:14:51 »
The shirts are looking pretty sharp.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline archer

« Reply #1403 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:19:39 »
Hey Bunny,

Place my order for the toxic alphas.  :thumb:

However, unlike the other toxic gb, I wasn't emailed an invoice/confirmation of purchase. Is there some control somewhere on the site that I can use to force that email to be sent?

I like keeping an email "receipt trail".. keeps my keyboard related expenditures from going full-retard.

Thanks again for organizing the toxic gb!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1404 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:27:54 »
Hey Bunny,

However, unlike the other toxic gb, I wasn't emailed an invoice/confirmation of purchase. Is there some control somewhere on the site that I can use to force that email to be sent?

I like keeping an email "receipt trail".. keeps my keyboard related expenditures from going full-retard.

yeah we are working on the email client at the moment, they should go out automatically once we ptu the server back up

Offline archer

« Reply #1405 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:31:18 »
Hey Bunny,

yeah we are working on the email client at the moment, they should go out automatically once we ptu the server back up
rgr that.. thanks for letting me know

Offline suby4me

« Reply #1406 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:24:52 »
Hey Bunny,

I just tried to order a set with my cc and when I submitted my info I just got sent back to the payment screen. I made a ticket, but just wanted to be sure if payment was received. Thanks.  ;D
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1407 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:26:23 »
Hey Bunny,

I just tried to order a set with my cc and when I submitted my info I just got sent back to the payment screen. I made a ticket, but just wanted to be sure if payment was received. Thanks.  ;D

the order came through my end as unpaid good sir

Offline suby4me

« Reply #1408 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:59:34 »
Hey Bunny,

Thanks, its being quite stubborn as my order never goes through lol. Is there a way I can pay via paypal?
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline LordBadger

Re: (GB) TOXIC (production)
« Reply #1409 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 14:19:12 »
Any chance that the missing green ISO alpha keys will make the cut Bunny, or is it too cost prohibitive?

Proper ISO compatibility is one of my favourite things about CtrlAlt group buys :) would be awesome to have it the the toxic alphas too

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1410 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 14:33:40 »
Hey Bunny,

Thanks, its being quite stubborn as my order never goes through lol. Is there a way I can pay via paypal?

pm sent

Any chance that the missing green ISO alpha keys will make the cut Bunny, or is it too cost prohibitive?

Proper ISO compatibility is one of my favourite things about CtrlAlt group buys :) would be awesome to have it the the toxic alphas too

if we hit over 50 sets on the toxic alphas ill try slip those keys in sir

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1411 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 14:35:56 »
Yay!  Toxic alphas have been ordered.

Thanks to the Ctrl Alt crew for making all this happen. <3
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline LordBadger

« Reply #1412 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 14:55:30 »

if we hit over 50 sets on the toxic alphas ill try slip those keys in sir
[/quote]

Quick responses like this are another of my favourite things about CtrlAlt group buys :)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1413 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 15:45:44 »
Wish I had the money for the toxic alphas :'(

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1414 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 15:52:07 »

$25
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1415 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 15:54:05 »

$25

Im broke, Ive spent a ton of money here recently.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1416 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:05:57 »
w00t alphas!
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1417 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:26:06 »
The one thing I wish this buy had was a toxic numpad?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #1418 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:30:27 »
Is it best to order via your site or via you on here? I am thinking I must have these even though I just got nostalgias

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1419 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:43:15 »
Is it best to order via your site or via you on here? I am thinking I must have these even though I just got nostalgias

Unless I'm missing something, all orders have to be placed through ctrlalt.io

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #1420 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 17:19:53 »

Unless I'm missing something, all orders have to be placed through ctrlalt.io

Ok thanks :)

Offline quaxar

« Reply #1421 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 17:22:20 »
It took me 3 tries to finally have my order go to the order Processed, but I think it went through!

Am I wrong that the Grey set seemingly wont select when trying to add to the cart on the site? Either way, glad to make it in to something I missed.

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #1422 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 17:28:13 »
It took me 3 tries to finally have my order go to the order Processed, but I think it went through!

Am I wrong that the Grey set seemingly wont select when trying to add to the cart on the site? Either way, glad to make it in to something I missed.

The only thing available for sale on ctrl atl is the green alpha set and the Toxic stripe if you opt for it.

The rest of the Toxic set is part of a previous order session that's over.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1423 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 17:37:55 »
Anyone who experiences payment issues please PM me and I'll look into making sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Or you can open a ticket on the website. Either way is fine.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1424 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 17:59:42 »
thanks so much to everyone answering questions when im not on, helps out a ton

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1425 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 18:05:25 »
I'm still baffled that everyone but me sees this set as green. It's yellow, darn it!  :p

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
« Reply #1426 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 18:41:13 »
I'm still baffled that everyone but me sees this set as green. It's yellow, darn it!  :p

Maybe this will help you see it.

USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1427 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:05:11 »
I'm still not seeing it, but I appreciate the effort.

I made my own comparison of pure green, toxic and pure yellow:

To me, Toxic looks like a darker version of the pure yellow, almost a gold colour. To my eyes it's much, much closer to yellow than to green.

Just to be clear, I'm definitely not complaining about the colour; it looks awesome whatever people call it! I was just curious as it seems to be just me (I've asked friends and family also) who calls it yellow. Maybe I learned them wrong as a kid or something :P

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1428 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:18:46 »
thanks so much for the orders so far guys, and for trying out the new site with us, we are constantly ltrying to make the experience better and we are in a bit of a transition at the moment, but im real happy with the direction its heading in

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1429 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:24:42 »
Technically, I believe Toxic is chartreuse. But I'm colorblind, so what do I know? :))
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1430 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:35:11 »

Maybe this will help you see it.
    (Attachment Link)    

This laptop's screen has such bad colour accuracy that the two look the same on here. That could be the source of the confusion -- people with poorly calibrated screens.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1431 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:38:52 »
Technically, I believe Toxic is chartreuse. But I'm colorblind, so what do I know? :))

I'd go with this - it is how I describe it to someone else (not that many people are interested, but anyway).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1432 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:41:02 »
Actual GB Key and Color:

Next to other colors:

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1433 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 19:45:07 »
I can definitely see the green in those pics, thanks for posting :D

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1434 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 23:53:07 »
Actual GB Key and Color:
Show Image

Next to other colors:
Show Image

#toxichype

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1435 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 00:05:02 »
There's quite a bit of discussion in the IC thread about the colour.

Looks like it turned out fairly close to what the Topre green look like on the first page, although that might be under exaggerating lighting.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1436 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 01:03:42 »

Looks like it turned out fairly close to what the Topre green look like on the first page, although that might be under exaggerating lighting.

Nope

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1437 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 01:18:44 »

Nope

Show Image

Those Topre caps look different in nearly every photo I see!

Toxic green looks good, looks more toxic in that ^ pic :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1438 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 01:26:06 »
Ordered the Toxic Alphas and sent you a PM for paying with PayPal.

Looking forward to the last DCS set from CTRL ALT before the GMK madness begins ;)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1439 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 02:26:16 »
This is awesome! It also sucks for me. My bank account is currently locked because of fraud and I don't think I'll make the deadline. I've had money specifically set aside for this since the announcement and as of yesterday someone on the other side of the country has drained my meager account.

I don't know how many days it can take for things to clear and my account be refunded. Is there any hope for me?
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1440 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 02:27:31 »
Looking forward to the last DCS set from CTRL ALT before the GMK madness begins ;)

YES you shall be enveloped within the huge GMK freight train of fanaticism  :thumb: .

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
« Reply #1441 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 02:49:50 »
This is awesome! It also sucks for me. My bank account is currently locked because of fraud and I don't think I'll make the deadline. I've had money specifically set aside for this since the announcement and as of yesterday someone on the other side of the country has drained my meager account.

I don't know how many days it can take for things to clear and my account be refunded. Is there any hope for me?

You should PM BunnyLake and see if you can work out some sort of deferred payment arrangement.
USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline Galactic

• I'm new, be nice.
« Reply #1442 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 04:22:15 »
Awesome news, can't wait to add the alphas and stripe to my order when I get paid on Friday. Love your work Bunny!
CM QFS Brown

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1443 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 13:55:12 »
The cool thing about the toxic color we chose is it looks more yellow next to green colors, and green next to yellow colors. Having colored cases with the set is going to make them all look different, which is the neatest thing about the color we chose.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1444 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 14:40:39 »
The cool thing about the toxic color we chose is it looks more yellow next to green colors, and green next to yellow colors. Having colored cases with the set is going to make them all look different, which is the neatest thing about the color we chose.

Exactly how I feel, to me the color's more true to what I envision a toxic color to look like.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1445 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:07:23 »

Thank you, danielucf, for all your hard work in getting the original IC and GB off the ground :)

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1446 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:16:41 »
So I tried to buy the alphas set. Had the issue where I would submit payment and it just takes me to the pay page again.

Opened a ticket.

Then I get a call from Amex about suspicious charges from Stripe. lol.
I cleared it with them.

But now I look on the site and my order is listed as "Cancelled"

What should I do? place my order again?
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1447 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:28:27 »
So I tried to buy the alphas set. Had the issue where I would submit payment and it just takes me to the pay page again.

Opened a ticket.

I cleared it with them.

sorry about that

yeah so the payment didnt go through our end

if its fine with your card issuer now, you can give it another go, or if you have issues i can sort it out via paypal

Offline keyit

« Reply #1448 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 16:20:09 »

Thank you, danielucf, for all your hard work in getting the original IC and GB off the ground :)

ahh yes! thank you danielucf! this set was what first got me hooked on this keycap addiction :P
boop

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1449 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 16:24:45 »

Opened a ticket.

I cleared it with them.

sorry about that

yeah so the payment didnt go through our end

if its fine with your card issuer now, you can give it another go, or if you have issues i can sort it out via paypal

All done, payment with Amex worked this time.
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears