Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 738993 times)

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
Re: (GB) TOXIC (production)(order toxic alphas now)
« Reply #1450 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:33:56 »
Technically, I believe Toxic is chartreuse. But I'm colorblind, so what do I know? :))

+1 for chartreuse

67719-0

Screenshot from:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_(color)

USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1451 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 10:32:08 »
Technically, I believe Toxic is chartreuse. But I'm colorblind, so what do I know? :))

+1 for chartreuse

(Attachment Link)
Screenshot from:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_(color)

The larger color swatch on the right is pretty much what the sample key I have looks closest to.

Offline kbman

« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 02:40:50 »
So I have a question. With what is on there at the link, there is only the main keys and the number row. No modifiers available at this time? And where is F5-F8?!?!?

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #1453 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 02:43:57 »
So I have a question. With what is on there at the link, there is only the main keys and the number row. No modifiers available at this time? And where is F5-F8?!?!?

They alternate palates. The F5-F8 are supposed to be another color.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1454 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 02:46:04 »

This is because the original GB closed quite some time ago. All the modifier kits were in there (among others the grey modifier set that contains the F5-F8 keys).

The toxic alphas are just an add on. Check the GB history on the CTRL ALT page!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1455 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 02:47:04 »

Correct, this is only an extension to the original GB that has been closed for some time now. 

Snipped by lechner
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1456 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:31:58 »
Actually I wished for chartreuse-green/lime-green...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1457 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:49:01 »
Actually I wished for chartreuse-green/lime-green...

(Attachment Link)

Looking at your awesome desk and setup this doesn't surprise me ;)

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1458 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:50:16 »
That's Bunny's car, right?

We're not actually getting keycaps, it was all a ruse, and that's where the money went :P

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1459 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 08:09:45 »

if people missed out on the original buy i have some limited extras available, but the alphas that are up now are just an extension to that buy
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline kbman

« Reply #1460 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:49:30 »

if people missed out on the original buy i have some limited extras available, but the alphas that are up now are just an extension to that buy
Figured as much. I was checking out the group buy about two months ago since I had recently gotten into keyboards and missed the original buy. I saw the updated post and got excited and saw it was only a select few options :(
And how many limited extras? :D I'd be interested if you could PM me what you have.
Thanks man!

Offline quaxar

« Reply #1461 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:19:01 »

I missed out on the original buy. I will cross my fingers that I can get one of these sets and close my eyes tight.

This is a pretty set, and I didn't check this site regularly until all the group buys I would be into, already ended, time is a cruel mistress :))

PM sent to check

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1462 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 22:12:36 »

Bunny's right, if you want the key-set you gotta harass him now before it's too late.  I was fortunate because even though I missed the original group buy I still bought another order off someone else.

Toxic is worth it for the brilliant colour-way, which goes with just about any keyboard  :thumb: .

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1463 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 04:49:11 »
I can't wait for the thread title to change to 'Shipping'

:D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1464 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:10:49 »

Offline okwchin

« Reply #1465 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:12:57 »
Cant see if thats a toxic green too, or more of a yellow, Either way,  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1466 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:14:38 »
Show Image

Whoever works in your art department is a genius! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1467 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:31:09 »
Show Image

So who's the graphic artist on your team Bunny?  Brilliant type of Logo work here which is highly professional and at the same time quite nice looking  8) .

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1468 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 07:51:19 »
me and cody work on these ideas together

these stickers came out pretty great, very happy with them

Offline okwchin

« Reply #1469 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 10:46:53 »
Every reason to be happy with these!! Love the way you have made it work across all of the recent GBs,  :thumb:

Offline Motan22

« Reply #1470 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 10:59:35 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1471 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:32:43 »
Every reason to be happy with these!! Love the way you have made it work across all of the recent GBs,  :thumb:

I've noticed it as well, an organized way of designing their key-sets with their business graphics - is extremely good business acumen  :thumb: .

Everything has that particular Ctrl/Alt look to them, certainly not by accident.........

Offline Galactic

• I'm new, be nice.
« Reply #1472 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 21:20:02 »
Just ordered my Alphas with the stripe. Great work by all at Ctrl Alt. Love the sticker as well! Can't wait till this ships. ETA on shipping from here?
CM QFS Brown

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1473 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:11:45 »
Will pay for my alphas and the rest of my outstanding order when my internet gets better and I know it won't die at a critical moment

Thanks bunny for patience.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1474 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:38:15 »
I suppose this is for Bunny here, I tried paying for your Toxic Alphas that you have generously provided for everyone here but I can't use my traditional Paypal account to pay for everything, why is that?

You have always allowed paypal payments in the past just interested in knowing why that has been stopped?  I have NEVER done a call-back on you here in every Group Buy you've run.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1475 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:40:24 »
I suppose this is for Bunny here, I tried paying for your Toxic Alphas that you have generously provided for everyone here but I can't use my traditional Paypal account to pay for everything, why is that?

You have always allowed paypal payments in the past just interested in knowing why that has been stopped?  I have NEVER done a call-back on you here in every Group Buy you've run.

Just send him a PM with your paypal address. He will invoice you manually.

That's what I did ;)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1476 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:40:58 »

Stripe is a significantly better experience for a lot of people. It's also easier to integrate into the site and causes fewer headaches for bunny. I believe he's still accepting PayPal payments, but only as a gift. I'm sure he'll sort you out in the morning if you PM him. :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1477 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:42:24 »

There should still be a way to do paypal payments.

IIRC, Bunny is trying to move away from paypal in general due to the difficulty working with them after the chargebacks on the original toxic buy. Not targeted at inconveniencing anyone in particular, but it's just the fact that Bunny would prefer to not have to deal with the issues involved with paypal at this point.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1478 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:49:10 »

There should still be a way to do paypal payments.

IIRC, Bunny is trying to move away from paypal in general due to the difficulty working with them after the chargebacks on the original toxic buy. Not targeted at inconveniencing anyone in particular, but it's just the fact that Bunny would prefer to not have to deal with the issues involved with paypal at this point.

Damn, he's running away from Paypal, so that means anything CTRL/ALT will release be unavailable to me anymore, that is extremely depressing  :'( :'( :'( :'( .

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1479 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:55:11 »
I am sure there will be solutions.

I don't have a credit card, because they are not common here, but I will get one if that's the only way to participate in CTRL ALT GBs!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1480 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 23:18:57 »
people can still pay with paypal, just not through the site anymore because of all the issues I've had, if anyone is not happy using stripe they can pm me for a paypal invoice

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1481 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 23:42:54 »
people can still pay with paypal, just not through the site anymore because of all the issues I've had, if anyone is not happy using stripe they can pm me for a paypal invoice

You have been pm'd Dear Bunny  8) .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1482 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 19:52:50 »
Have just paid for more Toxic goodness  :thumb: .

Another thing of note here on Geekhack is that when someone runs a Group Buy you will get the inevitable group of Moron's who will do an unnecessary Charge-back via Paypal because they never had the spare money to be in this Group Buy to begin with.

(~Rant begins here~)

Needless to say that are usually new scumbags (and they know who they are) that have literally fvcked it for the rest of us by causing the Paypal freeze on Bunny's account.  Unfortunately these same scumbags still reside here thinking they got away with it. I just lament that the next Group Buy being run because these same poverty stricken morons think they will derail another group buy in the future because they think we have no means of punishing them.

That is the glory of the internet complete anonymity to the bottom dwelling sh1trags, masquerading as new Geekhacker's.  Personally I would love to herd these pieces of sh1t into my workshop and each one address with a steel-hammer of justice until what's left of their empty headed craniums are spilt all over the concrete floor.  The local bull-ants and clean up the rest.

BunnyLake is too decent to say anything so I've taken the initiative and decided to voice MY concern in the usual 'subtle' way.  Of course I am not scared to voice my own opinion on this but everyone is dancing around these moron's who conduct these foul charge-backs like their some special people, they're not.  All they are is the worse type of cowards that conduct their evil business of making promises then shying away into the darkness hoping they won't be discovered.

Maybe that is why every sane person has left any Group Buys to be run by PMK because who wants to suffer this type of misery at the hands of these myopic twats who still continue to derail Group Buy's.  Maybe in the end it's far better just to close the whole process of Group Buys because for the organizer that has to always suffer the torture and degradation at the hands of these scumbags.

(~Rant ends here~)

I wonder why anyone would want to ever run a Group Buy here on this site?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1483 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 20:11:07 »
Have just paid for more Toxic goodness  :thumb: .

Another thing of note here on Geekhack is that when someone runs a Group Buy you will get the inevitable group of Moron's who will do an unnecessary Charge-back via Paypal because they never had the spare money to be in this Group Buy to begin with.

(~Rant begins here~)

Needless to say that are usually new scumbags (and they know who they are) that have literally fvcked it for the rest of us by causing the Paypal freeze on Bunny's account.  Unfortunately these same scumbags still reside here thinking they got away with it. I just lament that the next Group Buy being run because these same poverty stricken morons think they will derail another group buy in the future because they think we have no means of punishing them.

That is the glory of the internet complete anonymity to the bottom dwelling sh1trags, masquerading as new Geekhacker's.  Personally I would love to herd these pieces of sh1t into my workshop and each one address with a steel-hammer of justice until what's left of their empty headed craniums are spilt all over the concrete floor.  The local bull-ants and clean up the rest.

BunnyLake is too decent to say anything so I've taken the initiative and decided to voice MY concern in the usual 'subtle' way.  Of course I am not scared to voice my own opinion on this but everyone is dancing around these moron's who conduct these foul charge-backs like their some special people, they're not.  All they are is the worse type of cowards that conduct their evil business of making promises then shying away into the darkness hoping they won't be discovered.

Maybe that is why every sane person has left any Group Buys to be run by PMK because who wants to suffer this type of misery at the hands of these myopic twats who still continue to derail Group Buy's.  Maybe in the end it's far better just to close the whole process of Group Buys because for the organizer that has to always suffer the torture and degradation at the hands of these scumbags.

(~Rant ends here~)

I wonder why anyone would want to ever run a Group Buy here on this site?

its all good sir, it was a while ago now, and we have implemented things to make sure we don't have issues again, for most people stripe will be fine, and for the few people that it isn't good for, paypal is not a problem, the chargebacks triggered the issue and review, but really with the volume of transactions we were doing through paypal there was bound to be an issue

we won't be stopping running gbs, we have our gmk buy ready to go, I'm just waiting to clear out some of the stuff we need shipping stateside so we don't get too backed up

we worked really hard on the new site and almost all of the feedback is positive, the only issues so far really are people who only have paypal as a payment method, but as i say, i have no problem accepting paypal under those circumstances

the addition of stripe just makes this process smoother and safer for everyone involved, and offers me a lot more options

i really appreciate everyones concerns, but i don't want a witch hunt, as i say, the chargebacks caused the review but the route issue is a huge amount of transactions that ship outside of their 45 day paypal window so they deem it high risk

all is sorted now and I'm really looking forward to the future with [CTRL]ALT and everyone that supports us

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1484 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 20:20:11 »
Just bought into the groupbuy. Can't wait to get them. Thanks a lot Bunny!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1485 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 20:29:43 »
Just bought into the groupbuy. Can't wait to get them. Thanks a lot Bunny!

thats awesome thanks so much

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1486 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 20:41:59 »
we won't be stopping running gbs, we have our gmk buy ready to go, I'm just waiting to clear out some of the stuff we need shipping stateside so we don't get too backed up

GMK!  Hell yes.  Go Ctrl Alt, go!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline choidongjun

« Reply #1487 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:01:47 »
Need all the green Numberpad

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1488 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:03:07 »
Although I have not tried swipe, I generally detest Pay Pal because of the high fees and exchange rate they charge me. So typically I end up paying a lot more as compare to if I use a credit card directly or amazon payment. Unfortunately 90% of the transactions here in GH whether with vendors or with community users are via PP. I definitely welcome any alternative to PP! Thanks Bunny, you are a star!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1489 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:52:18 »
Although I have not tried swipe, I generally detest Pay Pal because of the high fees and exchange rate they charge me. So typically I end up paying a lot more as compare to if I use a credit card directly or amazon payment. Unfortunately 90% of the transactions here in GH whether with vendors or with community users are via PP. I definitely welcome any alternative to PP! Thanks Bunny, you are a star!

Yeah I agree, Visa generally gives me  a nicer exchange rate than PP ever does.

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #1490 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 02:44:41 »
Had to order the new alphas, thanks :).

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #1491 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:57:52 »
May have just ordered the alphas...hope I can get hold of the rest of the set at some point.  :p

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1492 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 11:51:16 »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah!

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #1493 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 12:17:00 »
If anyone is looking to part with their order of the non-toxic alphas with toxic or non-toxic modifiers and with or without stripe let me know I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1494 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:01:58 »
16 hours left on the toxic alphas guys

looking like its gonna be a pretty rare set

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1495 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:03:02 »

Show Image

+1,  We need this BL, I would so designate my donations to go specifically towards helping make that happen.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1496 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:07:58 »

Show Image

+1,  We need this BL, I would so designate my donations to go specifically towards helping make that happen.

here are my feelings on that

we have about 25 - 30 orders on toxic alphas

of the people who ordered those, my experience shows you sell about a third as many numpads as you sell alphas, and at those sorta numbers, i would either lose a ton of money subsidizing them like i will on the toxic alphas (my choice, i wanted them to happen) or have to charge so much for it that it just wouldnt be worth doing

i am happy to do it if enough people want it, but realistically, i feel like 5 people would buy it, even the standard numpad didnt do great

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1497 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:11:17 »

Show Image

here are my feelings on that

we have about 25 - 30 orders on toxic alphas

of the people who ordered those, my experience shows you sell about a third as many numpads as you sell alphas, and at those sorta numbers, i would either lose a ton of money subsidizing them like i will on the toxic alphas (my choice, i wanted them to happen) or have to charge so much for it that it just wouldnt be worth doing

i am happy to do it if enough people want it, but realistically, i feel like 5 people would buy it, even the standard numpad didnt do great

Totally understandable BL.  I don't need it but if it did happen I would buy in a heartbeat.  No need for you to be subsidizing that much of your hard earned money.

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
« Reply #1498 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:13:27 »

After the toxic alphas end.

Would you mind sharing the total of how many of each of all the sets were ordered?

Or have the charge-backs messed up that total numbers making it difficult to be sure?

I seem to remember seeing a bar chart for each of the sets in a post in the past.

USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1499 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:21:07 »

After the toxic alphas end.

Would you mind sharing the total of how many of each of all the sets were ordered?

Or have the charge-backs messed up that total numbers making it difficult to be sure?

I seem to remember seeing a bar chart for each of the sets in a post in the past.

off the top of my head

we sold about 200 alphas
100 toxic stripes
150 mods
80 reverse mods
50 or so of each tsangan
80 cables
80 deluxe extras
20 spacebar packs
15 isos
75 numpads
5 1800 adapters