Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 738993 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline osi

Re: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)
« Reply #2151 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 09:00:23 »
<3

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2152 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 03:32:18 »
I have been fighting depression since I lost my job in August which is part of why I hardly post anymore. So I decided to do something I enjoy that I have not done in a long time, and that is take pictures of keyboards/keycaps.

Behold toxic teasers:

I think the colors are decently close, but in some of the pictures it is hard to tell that my GON keyboard is actually green because of the semi-glare coating. I'll try to take some pictures in daylight and at different angles. My order is marked as shipped with no tracking number so I'm not sure if it is the rest of my order I have not received yet with the Brobots, long spacebars, bright alphas, etc or maybe it is marked for what I HAVE already received.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2153 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 03:48:50 »
I have been fighting depression since I lost my job in August which is part of why I hardly post anymore. So I decided to do something I enjoy that I have not done in a long time, and that is take pictures of keyboards/keycaps.

Behold toxic teasers:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think the colors are decently close, but in some of the pictures it is hard to tell that my GON keyboard is actually green because of the semi-glare coating. I'll try to take some pictures in daylight and at different angles. My order is marked as shipped with no tracking number so I'm not sure if it is the rest of my order I have not received yet with the Brobots, long spacebars, bright alphas, etc or maybe it is marked for what I HAVE already received.

Really sorry to hear about the job. I went through that last year for about 4-5 months and at first the time off is kind of nice but the reality of no income can really cause an unbearable amount of stress, especially for so long. Glad you have this to enjoy.

These pictures are really just, awesome! How does it feel to have them, type on them, take photos to share? It's been so long since you first posted the original thread. I look forward to getting my order and sharing in the excitement along with everyone else.

What's the 60% case? I really like the bi-color going on there.

Thanks for these pictures. I'm looking forward to more.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #2154 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 04:48:30 »

Behold toxic teasers:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm really sorry about your job,
I hope you got the better one
that toxic matched so well with that gold LZ
very nice daniel :thumb:

Offline twistedness

« Reply #2155 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 15:08:13 »

Behold toxic teasers:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

things will get better in time man. thanks for the awesome pics =]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2156 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 19:10:09 »

Behold toxic teasers:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Every picture makes these look better and better :)

And thank you Daniel for starting the original IC.  I wonder if we would be discussing this today if that had not taken place.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #2157 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:07:43 »
Sorry about the job!

Bunny any updates your end? How fast/slow do you think they'll ship out? I guess it's alot of work to do them.

I remember reading different things about the cables, are they all done/ready - or are we not having those now? Not sure what's happening with them :).

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2158 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:13:35 »
Sorry about the job!

Bunny any updates your end? How fast/slow do you think they'll ship out? I guess it's alot of work to do them.

I remember reading different things about the cables, are they all done/ready - or are we not having those now? Not sure what's happening with them :).

will be posting a main update on the buys either tonight or tomorrow

but the jist of the update is this

we have spent the last week dealing with the logistics

counting stuff out, sorting getting the correct materials, getting cody set up with a printer etc

basically putting in a bunch of boring work now to ensure we can do everything in an efficient manner

this weekend and the very beginning of next week cody is pretty busy, and we also have some work to do on the site ready for the new bro caps sale

but as of mid next week, this stuff will all be going out full force

we will be starting on the earlier buys (some has gone out already) and working through to this one

realistically, it may take a couple of weeks to conclude everything

but just give us a few more days of  prep and a couple outside pieces of work, and everyone will see some very serious movement

as for cables, we didnt get them back for this buy from raccoon, however i am currently sorting out an alternative solution, if that isnt ready by the time an order with a cable goes out, we have made some fancy looking little notes to go in to those orders explaining the situation, and i will ship the cable later on my own dime to make sure your order isnt held up longer than necessary

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2159 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:42:38 »
Thanks for the update, BunnyLake. You guys are really the best organizers this community could ever have asked for.

That being said; don't worry about the cable in my order. Call it an extra "donation" :).

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2160 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:45:25 »
Thanks for the update, BunnyLake. You guys are really the best organizers this community could ever have asked for.

That being said; don't worry about the cable in my order. Call it an extra "donation" :).

well the best wouldnt have let this mess happen in the first place

but it has, we are fixing it, and it certainly wont happen again

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2161 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:47:48 »
If you are saying you had complete control of the situation and let it go down the way it did, then I would agree, but seeing as I with 100% certainty can say that it was out of your control, then you still retain the title of best in my book ;).

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2162 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:49:33 »
If you are saying you had complete control of the situation and let it go down the way it did, then I would agree, but seeing as I with 100% certainty can say that it was out of your control, then you still retain the title of best in my book ;).

well thank you very much glissbro, i really appreciate that

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2163 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:56:01 »
I think what people forget is while there have been bumps in the road, had [ctrl]alt not done these buys they wouldn't have happened at all. :thumb:

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #2164 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 11:24:50 »
Bunny, you should set up a way for people to pay you for shipping. you shouldn't bear the sole financial burden for something that wasn't on you.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2165 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 11:26:50 »
Bunny, you should set up a way for people to pay you for shipping. you shouldn't bear the sole financial burden for something that wasn't on you.

people shouldnt have to pay more for something they have already paid for either, it isnt their fault, the raccoon situation has been a real shame, but all i can do now is to make sure we give people the best experience from this point forward

Offline Yslen

« Reply #2166 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 11:28:46 »
Guess it depends whether you look on Ctrl Alt as a group of community members or as a business. I suppose it's a bit of both.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2167 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 11:31:10 »
Guess it depends whether you look on Ctrl Alt as a group of community members or as a business. I suppose it's a bit of both.

its tough, we certainly arent a business, however i do like to present things in a consistent and professional manner where possible, and want to give a businesslike user experience

that being said, we are all just a bunch of guys who are fans of a hobby and this community, learning things as we go

the delays that happened, will undoubtedly damage peoples perception of us, but i am gonna do all i can do make that right, and hopefully garner enough faith to prove that in the future, we will not make the same mistakes, as i hope we proved with bro set

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #2168 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 12:19:21 »
Cheers for the update Bunny :)

Good luck with it all, I bet it must be an absolute pain in the ass for you guys to be honest, wouldn't want to be in your shoes :).

Offline twistedness

« Reply #2169 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:12:29 »

this weekend and the very beginning of next week cody is pretty busy, and we also have some work to do on the site ready for the new bro caps sale

omg another chance for my first! your posts always seem to bring good news bunny =]

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2170 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 19:21:02 »
its tough, we certainly arent a business, however i do like to present things in a consistent and professional manner where possible, and want to give a businesslike user experience

that being said, we are all just a bunch of guys who are fans of a hobby and this community, learning things as we go

the delays that happened, will undoubtedly damage peoples perception of us, but i am gonna do all i can do make that right, and hopefully garner enough faith to prove that in the future, we will not make the same mistakes, as i hope we proved with bro set

BunnyLake WE all know the reality of running any type of Group Buy here on this forum, at least with us oldies and we will never blame you for any problems that might arise, which have nothing to do with you personally.  Any one who still thinks that CTRL/ALT is incapable of running any key-cap distribution I welcome their help in finding a workable solution.  There are a lot of so-called experts pretending to sprout common sense on every forum but nearly all of them are full of sh1t.

No one knows what it's like to run a Group Buy here hence stop being all pessimistic and negative all the time, all it will do is place unnecessary expectations on everyone and cause frustration and eventually heartache for anyone running any Group Buys here on this forum.  In the future the scumbags who consistently flame Bunny and his crew, deserve a real kick in the arse because no one will ever run any future GB's here due to all that horrible treatment being administered upon the organizers.

Before anybody starts posting any negative crap on this forum looking to enjoy the fallout the will occur, consider buying, keeping and using the current crap-keys made on Filco, Ducky and Coolermaster keyboards.  That will be the only key-caps you'll ever enjoy typing with, for the rest of your miserable life  >:D .
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 19:23:52 by Elrick »

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #2171 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 21:47:41 »

people shouldnt have to pay more for something they have already paid for either, it isnt their fault, the raccoon situation has been a real shame, but all i can do now is to make sure we give people the best experience from this point forward

But it wasn't your fault, either.  Just a thought, but maybe you could toss something up on the Ctrl Alt site, so people can voluntarily donate to help off-set the extra shipping costs caused by the raccoon situation?   Those people that want to help can quietly do so without making anyone else feel obligated/shamed, which means you wouldn't have to feel you're pressuring anyone.  Like I said, just a thought.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2172 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:23:35 »
as a follow up update

we will be shipping penumbra and calm depths this week, we will be shipping raindrop the follow  week, the week starting monday the 9th of feb, this will be concluded by the following friday or saturday

so toxic will be shipping from monday the 16th of frbruary, of course, if we finish raindrop early, we will start shipping toxic early

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2173 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 10:07:55 »
Thanks for the update, BunnyLake. I'm really excited about this group buy getting closer and closer. I just finished another mx-mini with green LEDs just for this set, so I hope they look cool together.

Hope you guys aren't killing yourselves doing all this work. Wishing you the best!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2174 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 10:10:37 »
Thanks for the update, BunnyLake. I'm really excited about this group buy getting closer and closer. I just finished another mx-mini with green LEDs just for this set, so I hope they look cool together.

Hope you guys aren't killing yourselves doing all this work. Wishing you the best!

cody think itll be closer to having everything done in a week

however i set what i would consider to be realistic deadlines, that way if we better them its good, what i didnt wanna say is itll be done in a week, but then it take 3

so hopefully sooner than i have stated but as an official timeline, its the one above

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2175 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:10:43 »
Just wanted to say, I am not involved in this at all (and have no financial/ emotional ties to the Ctrl[alt] guys).

But you guys are the very model of what the leaders and pillars of this community should be.

I was getting more than a bit unhappy recently with certain new members who clearly have just $$$ in their eyes when they joined up. Also despite repeating my concept of 'Buyer and Seller of Last Resort' many times I wasn't seeing anyone take the ball and run with it.

But when I see how Bunny has braved all the ingratitude with humility and good nature, and work so hard for so little, once again I'm inspired to be a better man and do more than I am currently doing for others.

Bunnylake, thank you for being who you are!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2176 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 12:11:38 »

need dis set nao.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2177 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:44:52 »
Bunnylake, thank you for being who you are!

We need this statement up in lights here on Geekhack, just in case the new ones joining here on this forum, forget who he is  :thumb: .

An individual who shines in the darkest situations, where we are lost he guides us, when we starve for human kindness he wipes our troubled brows.  Geekhack is a better place because BunnyLake is here giving us himself in every situation, take a bow good friend, you deserve it.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2178 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:51:55 »
Elrick, your fulsome praise of Bunny is a bit too much  :p

That said I am always surprised at the amount of crap Bunny gets from noobs. These people should all be encouraged to buy from Originative.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2179 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:19:38 »

That said I am always surprised at the amount of crap Bunny gets from noobs. These people should all be encouraged to buy from Originative.

That's pretty harsh.  I wouldn't wish that on rpstr.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2180 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:51:51 »

Plot twist - Rip is really Sherry, and started Originative to get back at GH.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #2181 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:58:28 »
as a follow up update

we will be shipping penumbra and calm depths this week, we will be shipping raindrop the follow  week, the week starting monday the 9th of feb, this will be concluded by the following friday or saturday

so toxic will be shipping from monday the 16th of frbruary, of course, if we finish raindrop early, we will start shipping toxic early

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2182 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 23:03:49 »

Plot twist - Rip is really Sherry, and started Originative to get back at GH.

Which could explain the inconsistency on who gets orders fulfilled and who doesn't.

:MINDBLOWN: #TRIANGLES
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2183 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 04:22:07 »

You have to every day, praise GOOD people because they represent the best of what humanity can be compared to some greedy, scumbags who get worshiped in every day media for being Millionaires and Billionaires on a daily basis.

Need to appreciate what's in front of you instead of ignoring him because if he chooses to leave this place (Geekhack) do you really think it will become better or worse, for me personally I would remove my bookmark to this place.  The Mrs would be glad that's for sure.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2184 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 05:06:14 »

You have to every day, praise GOOD people because they represent the best of what humanity can be compared to some greedy, scumbags who get worshiped in every day media for being Millionaires and Billionaires on a daily basis.

Need to appreciate what's in front of you instead of ignoring him because if he chooses to leave this place (Geekhack) do you really think it will become better or worse, for me personally I would remove my bookmark to this place.  The Mrs would be glad that's for sure.

Let's start a campaign to kick out the following people: Bunnylake, Samwisekoi, Wcass, JDCarpe. Make the forum so hostile to them that they can't log in without looking at abusive messages and nasty posts.

When they're gone, that will also make me log out and never come back.

Not a nice thing to do? When I look at my bank account statement at the end of the month, I will know that I have done the right thing.  :p

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #2185 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:43:00 »
Playing devil's advocate here. I'm not too worried about the time-frame for receiving my set as I've got school, a job, family, friends, and dogs that are way more important than some ketset. I can see why others are a little ticked off, though. I think it may be better to do away with all of these promises in the future. I understand you're just trying to keep us up to date, but I think the execution could use some work.

All that being said, I will still be ordering [CTRL]ALT goodies whenever money allows it!

Still love you, Bunny.

ok i finally got hold of raccoon

it had been a long time

everything is packed

he has told me his winter break starts next week, and he will ship it to myself and cody as soon as his break starts, we will turn everything round right away

id like to apologize for the delays, this has been totally out of my hands

Great news though! Any chance of a rough guess when people might start receiving orders if everything goes to plan from here on out? Don't want to put you on the spot but SO EXCITED :D

so ive had promises broken to me on this before, however, im sure he wants to see that back of all of this more than we do

whatever date we get it, the plan is to have calm depths and penumbra all completed in 24 hours, raindrop done in the next 24 hours, and toxic the day after that

so in theory, its coming to us in about a week or so

UPDATE

WE FINALLY HAVE THE TRACKING FROM RACCOON

ITS ACTUALLY ON ITS WAY

So exciting. Is there sorting to be done, or was that handled at the SP end?

they are all sorted

package is out for delivery, if im still awake when it comes ill update here

The package was delivered a few hours ago. :D

We'll provide a proper update in the morning.

as a follow up update

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2186 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:54:18 »

when working with other people, i can only update what im told

if i dont say anything until something actually happens, then people complain i dont post updates, if i post an update when im told something and it doesnt happen, people blame me

we werent prepared for the mess things were going to be in when we received them, or also how scattered the receipt of stuff was

we finally got everything together, and i posted an actual update that we are in control of finally

and itll happen as posted above

what i can do if it is more preferable to you guys, is just post my own updates, and anything involving others, we can see if they will update it themselves
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:02:50 by BunnyLake »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2187 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:16:11 »
Post whatever you feel like, BunnyLake. You can and will never be able to please everyone.
Most people understand the situation because you decide to post about it. The fact that some time frames have been pushed really doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things. And when you keep updating in a hairy situation like this I am certain it helps more than it hurts.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2188 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:18:34 »
Post whatever you feel like, BunnyLake. You can and will never be able to please everyone.
Most people understand the situation because you decide to post about it. The fact that some time frames have been pushed really doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things. And when you keep updating in a hairy situation like this I am certain it helps more than it hurts.

my thing has just been, its best to communicate, so when i have an update, i always share it, that being said, most of these updates cant come from me, its just what im told, but i can say with absolute certainty, that as of now, we are in total control, and as hard as it may be, i would ask that you reserve judgement, and just see how we deal with things now it is back in our power

that last update, will be met

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2189 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:32:41 »
I'm with Glissant on this - BunnyLake, please communicate what you want when you want.

With [CTRL]ALT now firmly in control, I see no reason to have any doubts that everything will be delivered, and any mistakes or omissions quickly dealt with.

For future sales, I suspect nothing like this will ever happen again, but I concur with communication when there is something to communicate, and if everyone knows that then they will realise that no communication means nothing to communicate.

Of course there will always be those people who want it now!  And will complain vociferously when there are delays, even if they are beyond the control of those in charge.  But a few words of support from you and the community should assuage their concerns.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #2190 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:37:47 »
Sorry
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 February 2015, 13:56:26 by Willyc277 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2191 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:39:21 »
Updates are fine, but saying you'll have the orders shipped out within 72 hours of receiving them and then updating a week after they came in to say that they might get shipped out 25 days later ain't cool.

well as ive posted, we were waiting on another box, as soon as everything got sorted, i posted the update, i also stated, it may well be done before then, but wanted to set realistic times now we know what we are dealing with so we dont break them again

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2192 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 16:49:45 »
With [CTRL]ALT now firmly in control, I see no reason to have any doubts that everything will be delivered, and any mistakes or omissions quickly dealt with.

The experienced on this forum know the procedures here and we are always confident when Bunny is running the ship.  Like I said before have never been ripped off by him nor by any members belonging to CTRL/ALT, every key-set purchased off them was eventually delivered to my front door.

Of course there will always be those people who want it now!  And will complain vociferously when there are delays, even if they are beyond the control of those in charge.  But a few words of support from you and the community should assuage their concerns.

These are nearly ALWAYS newbs who have joined GH to acquire these said key-sets.  We have all dealt with Bunny before hence for a first timer joining this place, waiting 3 to 6 months is a considerable amount of time especially when we live in a world that delivers everything within a week or so once payment is made.

They shall eventually grasp the basics when choosing to involve themselves in a Group Buy, so Bunny shall encounter some more voraciously ignorant people when dealing with hundreds of orders.  WE all shall sort them out correctly here on Geekhack because leaving someone alone with many questions isn't a done thing anymore, far better to provide the information no matter how basic to calm them and stabilize the ship as it sails from the Factory to our homes across the globe.

Offline eltono19

« Reply #2193 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 16:53:55 »
Is there a possibility that there would be extra sets of the deluxe add-ons?

Offline iammbox

« Reply #2194 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:22:03 »
I totally forgot I purchased this lol.  I've waited this long and don't mind waiting longer.  I'll just be happy when I get them and it'll be like surprise christmas when I see a package at my door :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2195 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 02:01:30 »
I totally forgot I purchased this lol.  I've waited this long and don't mind waiting longer.  I'll just be happy when I get them and it'll be like surprise christmas when I see a package at my door :D

That's the spirit, remain extremely optimistic because when you receive these little miracles in their cardboard boxes, you will know what it's like being a Key-Cap addict, it's a life time addiction that never goes away  8) .

Geekhack is your dealer and you know whom to ask to get that special deal on caps, to help furnish every keyboard that was ever made.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2196 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:58:44 »

The experienced on this forum know the procedures here and we are always confident when Bunny is running the ship.
They shall eventually grasp the basics when choosing to involve themselves in a Group Buy, so Bunny shall encounter some more voraciously ignorant people when dealing with hundreds of orders.  WE all shall sort them out correctly here on Geekhack because leaving someone alone with many questions isn't a done thing anymore, far better to provide the information no matter how basic to calm them and stabilize the ship as it sails from the Factory to our homes across the globe.

Elrick, I think you're absolutely right. A man's credibility rests on his peers. If only Bunny were posting, noobs may get aggressive and start hectoring and harassing. When other ghers step in and defend Bunny it will be reassuring to people that they did the right thing trusting him.

Offline Yazzz

• rm -rf /*
« Reply #2197 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 12:38:12 »
I don't understand all of the hate. It has always seemed like getting group buy stuff in order for the GB maintainer is like herding cats. I'm just pumped for these caps to arrive and for me to plant them on my board.
Leopold Full Size -- Blue Cherry MX
Keycool 87 Key -- Yellow LED Backlit -- Blue Cherry MX
Poker II -- Blue Cherry MX
CM QFR -- Green Cherry MX
I really like Blues it seems. :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2198 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 16:55:20 »
I don't understand all of the hate. It has always seemed like getting group buy stuff in order for the GB maintainer is like herding cats. I'm just pumped for these caps to arrive and for me to plant them on my board.

Exactly, some people's natural instinct is to react badly in public when they THINK something has gone wrong with their order.  Usually you'll contact Bunny via PM in private but all too often they start raking the forum and start casting nasty comments and glib one liners, hoping to hurt the person who volunteered to do this Group Buy.  The funny thing is even though they WANT this key-set for themselves they still think being RIGHT in their own perverted world, matters more than life itself.  These are really sad individuals in real life  >:( .

Despite all the trouble they cause BunnyLake still treats them with the utmost respect and all the niceties they DO NOT DESERVE.  It goes to show that Bunny is in fact like a Mother here on Geekhack, dealing with numerous squealing and crying babies constantly, demanding attention every second of the day.

Everyone has to know that HE will sort out any problems without any cost to you the customer.  All that is important is that you provide a valid address to send all your goodies to, best to let him know before he sends out everything when the gear arrives into his hands.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2199 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 19:43:11 »
I NEED the 1800 an numberpad kit. If anyone has one in their order that they want to get rid of, let me know.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |