Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 738978 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)
« Reply #2550 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 20:49:50 »
Tracking number received, Oh yeah!

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #2551 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:41:19 »
I've been following this thread for a while and I've seen a few pictures of people's boards with the Toxic set, but I haven't seen a single mention of how the keys feel to type on or how they sound.  Is this common?  Are people more interested in the appearance than the feel?  Or is the quality of sets produced for these group buys so consistent that everyone already knows what to expect?  I tried searching both the key caps forum and the reviews forum, but I haven't found any reviews of key caps (individually using the keywords review, toxic, and penumbra).  I'm really interested in this set and before I make an effort to acquire it, I want to make sure it's worth the money.

In this case they are standard SP DSA ABS doubleshots, and most people have had lots of experience of those.

DCS not DSA.

Sorry, yes, DCS.  Been fixated on DSA for too long ...

Haha I had to check the pics in the thread. You got me excited for a second. DSA are my favorite by a mile!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2552 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 07:52:57 »
Show Image

You are celebrating the Toxic set being shipped or the Brobots being shipped?

I, for one, is extremely pleased that the Brobot is shipped! Woo hoooooo!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2553 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 07:55:35 »
Show Image

i actually didnt get the seond lot off yesterday

i didnt get back form the hospital until it was too late, so the second run are going out today in about an hour once ive had some lunch

but hes celebrating his toxic order

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2554 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:08:48 »
You have been going to the hospital on and off. I hope everything is ok? This is routine check, right?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2555 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:13:18 »
You have been going to the hospital on and off. I hope everything is ok? This is routine check, right?

so my wife has men2, which can cause a ton of problems during pregnancy, it also means lots of other checks and stuff, so aside from all the regular stuff, we also have to see the high risk team once a month, as well as her men2 person every 2 weeks, then for each appointment there are more like blood tests and such, then going to deal with those blood tests and such, the last 2 weeks have been pretty hectic, but we have a few days off now, then on the 28th of this month we have a ton of appointments again for about a week

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2556 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:13:25 »
Show Image

Hopefully both, I have no idea if my Bro's have shipped yet.

I'm going to pick up a KUL when I get some extra money, so keycaps are a nice thing also.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:15:11 by Air tree »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2557 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:17:30 »

so my wife has men2, which can cause a ton of problems during pregnancy, it also means lots of other checks and stuff, so aside from all the regular stuff, we also have to see the high risk team once a month, as well as her men2 person every 2 weeks, then for each appointment there are more like blood tests and such, then going to deal with those blood tests and such, the last 2 weeks have been pretty hectic, but we have a few days off now, then on the 28th of this month we have a ton of appointments again for about a week
Do you have to do this for the whole 9 months or it's going to be just for the first trimester? I hope it's just the first 3 months and then she gets to enjoy the pregnancy, well, enjoy being spoilt by you :) Must be hard for you, to have this on one hand and also to worry about these plastics on the other.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2558 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:24:48 »

Do you have to do this for the whole 9 months or it's going to be just for the first trimester? I hope it's just the first 3 months and then she gets to enjoy the pregnancy, well, enjoy being spoilt by you :) Must be hard for you, to have this on one hand and also to worry about these plastics on the other.

sadly not, its only gonna get worse as the pregnancy goes on, itll be worth it though

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2559 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 08:39:40 »
Absolutely gonna be worth it! When you see the little Bunny giving you his/her first smile or open that little eyes of theirs, you will forget all these ordeals that you have been through. Time flies, so it's gonna be over real fast, don't you worry!!

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #2560 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 10:49:52 »
Got mine in the mail early this morning and am currently typing on it.

Looks fantastic. Will be uploading some pictures when I get round to it.

Many thanks Bunny and Cody.
Currently Using: Corsair K65 (MX Reds)
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2561 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 11:44:26 »

Did it get through customs fine? :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #2562 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 13:33:15 »

Did it get through customs fine? :X
Yeah, no problems.

Currently Using: Corsair K65 (MX Reds)
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Offline iammbox

« Reply #2563 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 18:44:45 »
How soon till all the orders have been shipped? I still have yet to get a tracking number :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2564 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 18:50:45 »
How soon till all the orders have been shipped? I still have yet to get a tracking number :(

cody is currently working through them

he is in the office packing literally right now

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
« Reply #2565 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 21:14:27 »
My bots were shipped, Thanks a lot.

Offline RojoNinja

« Reply #2566 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 23:47:20 »
Bunny, I was curious if ya got the PM I sent a couple weeks back or if it got lost in limbo and I need to send it again  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2567 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 00:04:28 »

cody is currently working through them

he is in the office packing literally right now

Yay!  Go cody!! :)

Yes, I know mine has already shipped (I think, I tend to lose track of things).

I very much admire and appreciate the dedication of [CTRL]ALT to fulfil customer expectations, especially under difficult conditions :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2568 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 01:00:43 »
How do you guys know if your bots have been shipped? Are you guys just PM'ing bunny for the information?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2569 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 01:09:11 »
How do you guys know if your bots have been shipped? Are you guys just PM'ing bunny for the information?

I'm assuming an e-mail via PayPal or e-mail from CtrlAlt.  I haven't gotten one yet, so I'm guessing that's what will happen.

Offline Exroath

« Reply #2570 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 06:01:45 »

My babies arrived!! :D potato pic ftw!!!

Thanks ctrl alt team!

NOW HURRY UP WITH THE USB CABLE :P moan moan moan :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2571 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 00:07:39 »
for anyone who missed out on the Toxic GB, TechKeys has extras for sale:
http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/toxic-set
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #2572 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 00:16:12 »

Thank you very much ! I just bought one set !

Do you know if its possible to get the TOXIC backspace only ?
I want clacks

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2573 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 00:30:57 »

Thank you very much ! I just bought one set !

Do you know if its possible to get the TOXIC backspace only ?

you'd need to buy the toxic stripe (totally worth it) or find someone willing to part it out from their set.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Galactic

• I'm new, be nice.
« Reply #2574 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 06:51:07 »
Not sure how Techkeys already has extras to sell whilst I'm still here waiting for my shipping notification. Will the rest of the sets be going out this week?
CM QFS Brown

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2575 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 07:16:24 »
Not sure how Techkeys already has extras to sell whilst I'm still here waiting for my shipping notification. Will the rest of the sets be going out this week?

firstly, techkeys didnt buy extras, techkeys ordered during the gb period, their order has shipped, and they have chosen to sell it

this is totally out of my control, we do mention we dont want it sold until the gb has completed shipping, and that is done on trust, however i cant stop it from happening, in fairness, like anyone else, techkeys put their money in to the buy a long time ago, and its understandable he needs to see a return on his investment

currently we have a vendor agreement now we get people to sign, to state anyone who orders any sets with the intention to sell for profit, cannot do so until the gb has completed shipping, however we didnt have this at the time techkeys made this order, just a gentlemans agreement

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2576 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:17:55 »

This has happened before with other group buys.  Nothing to worry about.

Even when shipped, things take 2 to 3 weeks longer to get down here than the rest of the world, and by the time we get our sets most others have received, installed, photographed, removed and, in some cases, forgotten about theirs.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #2577 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 04:00:43 »

Little sad about that too :'(

Same price too!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2578 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 04:38:53 »
I have not received my set yet (in the mail somewhere) but I am happy that others who have seen the pictures but missed out on the GB now have the opportunity to buy this fantastic set :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2579 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 06:17:20 »

Same price too!

its not the same price at all, not sure where you got that info

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #2580 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 10:32:44 »

Same price too!

its not the same price at all, not sure where you got that info

Ah my bad read the dropdown wrong, indeed :).

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2581 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 15:26:47 »
Got my big Toxic order today and was really relieved that it got trough customs without further inspections :D

Thanks to the whole CTRL ALT TEAM for making this GB happen! The original interest check brought me to Geekhack a loooooong time ago  :thumb:

My potato pics don't do these awesome colors justice, but here they are anyway. I haven't decided yet which board will get the honor to sport these babies :D

@ Bunny:    Were the 8.25 spacebars actually produced? Not that I need them, but they were in the mockup so I am just curiuos.

Offline eltono19

« Reply #2582 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 20:32:37 »
Were there any deluxe add-on extras produced? I would really love some windows keys and toxic G and H caps  ;D

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2583 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 21:58:22 »
I bought the set from TechKeys. Is it going to take long or do they have their sets already in stock? I'd also be interested in ISO set if anyone has a spare, now I'll have to use WASD blank blacks on 1.25 shift, enter and on those two extra keys on R1 and R2. :'(
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 March 2015, 22:04:52 by KH »

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #2584 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 21:59:04 »
I bought the set from TechKeys. Is it going to take long or do they have their sets already in stock? I'd also be interested in ISO set if anyone has a spare, now I'll have to use WASD blank blacks on shift, enter and on those two extra keys. :'(
No ! Mine is already shipped.
I want clacks

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2585 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 22:08:04 »
I bought the set from TechKeys. Is it going to take long or do they have their sets already in stock? I'd also be interested in ISO set if anyone has a spare, now I'll have to use WASD blank blacks on shift, enter and on those two extra keys. :'(
No ! Mine is already shipped.
Sweeeet. :cool:

Offline Monidas

« Reply #2586 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 02:38:30 »
Oh Gawd, now the customers of resellers also get their tracking nos. before I do...

Any news on the progress of the shipping so far? What percentage of orders have already been shipped and how long should the last ones take?

Cheers, CTRLALTers

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2587 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 05:25:11 »
I also got the tracking code.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #2588 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 05:29:06 »
My set arrived today! Hurrah! Thanks guys.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2589 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 05:47:38 »
Shipping label created, have been sitting at the same thing since the 19th. USPS, damn you, don't leave me hanging.  :-X

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2590 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 06:01:17 »
Damn I need the ISO-set. :-X  Can't wait to get ghe base set and stripe!

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #2591 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 11:23:13 »
Still no shipping confirmation :(

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #2592 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:22:18 »
Shipping label created, have been sitting at the same thing since the 19th. USPS, damn you, don't leave me hanging.  :-X

Mine is the same.. I wonder if they've been dropped off yet. I usually get packages via USPS, from the bay area in <3 days.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2593 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 18:08:23 »
i believe cody dropped everything off but if he hasnt he will tomorrow im sure

there are a ton of orders ready and going out over the next couple days which will bring us to nearly complete

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2594 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:52:11 »
Show Image

i actually didnt get the seond lot off yesterday

i didnt get back form the hospital until it was too late, so the second run are going out today in about an hour once ive had some lunch

Did mine go out with that?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2595 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:09:05 »
Sorry everyone, I am super busy Monday and Tuesdays (and the p.o. is closed sunday and closes early saturday, so its pretty hard to make it before they close for me), there are about 10 packages that haven't gone out that I printed labels for last week.

Weds, Thurs and Fridays you guys will see the most action from me.

I thought I got yours out a while ago nubbs, so I'll look into that when I get to the office.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2596 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:25:20 »
Toxic went out, I was asking about the Bros.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2597 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:29:44 »
Ah, I am on my phone right now at home. Glad it went out then.

Offline archer

« Reply #2598 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:40:11 »
fingers crossed I get a notification soon!   ^-^

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2599 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:34:49 »
Toxic went out, I was asking about the Bros.

went out also