Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 738984 times)

Offline Vigrith

Re: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)
« Reply #3100 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 13:56:35 »
Yeah I am definitely picking up a set or two of JTK as I missed out on Toxic. I am with you though, I prefer the thicker caps.

Woah hold the phone. If I read that quote from the Hyperfuse thread correctly does that mean there'll be a toxic JTK sets being sold for people who missed the original buy (such as you and I)?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3101 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 13:58:50 »
Yeah I am definitely picking up a set or two of JTK as I missed out on Toxic. I am with you though, I prefer the thicker caps.

Woah hold the phone. If I read that quote from the Hyperfuse thread correctly does that mean there'll be a toxic JTK sets being sold for people who missed the original buy (such as you and I)?

Show Image

Yeah Bunny said JTK toxic will be sold on Originative.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #3102 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:09:17 »

Well then. There goes my plan of not buying any more sets till new years. Glad it's being run through JTK too.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3103 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:10:34 »

Well then. There goes my plan of not buying any more sets till new years. Glad it's being run through JTK too.

Bunny never said when it would be run. I don't think it will be this year though.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #3104 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:36:33 »

Bunny never said when it would be run. I don't think it will be this year though.
Anyone with outstanding toxic will be offered a choice of having it replaced with toxic jtk( going in to production in 2 weeks once sophomore has shipped) and will be ready around 30 days from then or having their original sp set replaced which will go forward with sp early Jan

I marked it for you. Though, considering it is JTK I'm not too sure about the "30 days from then" part

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3105 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:44:17 »

Anyone with outstanding toxic will be offered a choice of having it replaced with toxic jtk( going in to production in 2 weeks once sophomore has shipped) and will be ready around 30 days from then or having their original sp set replaced which will go forward with sp early Jan

I marked it for you. Though, considering it is JTK I'm not too sure about the "30 days from then" part

I would definitely think after the holidays just to be safe as I don't think originative would ship if they got  it around then.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #3106 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 14:51:02 »

Ah yea my bad, I read "2 weeks" and got excited but I see now that it meant something different. Still, very exciting.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #3107 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 18:27:19 »
Looking forward to Toxic, that's a grail set that I've wanted since I first saw it!

Offline stix

« Reply #3108 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 10:46:31 »
Any news on the BIG update?

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #3109 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 13:28:59 »
Looking forward to Toxic, that's a grail set that I've wanted since I first saw it!

X-post from GMK Hyperfuse thread:

Toxic is being replaced pretty shortly, I'm currently preparing the update but the short of.it is this

I'm just waiting on finalising the details of the sets and offerings and then the full post will be up in the toxic thread shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the update.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #3110 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 16:04:29 »

X-post from GMK Hyperfuse thread:

Toxic is being replaced pretty shortly, I'm currently preparing the update but the short of.it is this

I'm just waiting on finalising the details of the sets and offerings and then the full post will be up in the toxic thread shortly

That's the update.
Thanks & I'm looking forward to getting my grail set!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Offline meeekus

« Reply #3111 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 17:17:14 »
This is some good news, but I also don't know the difference between JTK and SP profiles. From what I could google, JTK is more like a thick cherry profile?

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #3112 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 23:12:33 »
Awesome!!!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3113 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 23:34:52 »
This is some good news, but I also don't know the difference between JTK and SP profiles. From what I could google, JTK is more like a thick cherry profile?

Original toxic was DCS from SP, while JTK is an attempt to emulate Cherry profile. I can't personally speak to how close they got, but most people seem to have been happy with it so far. Both are cylindrical sculpted. DCS is quite thin, while Cherry (and JTK, from pictures) are thick.

See https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68550.0
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Sissy

« Reply #3114 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 20:44:41 »

Original toxic was DCS from SP, while JTK is an attempt to emulate Cherry profile. I can't personally speak to how close they got, but most people seem to have been happy with it so far. Both are cylindrical sculpted. DCS is quite thin, while Cherry (and JTK, from pictures) are thick.

See https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68550.0
JTK sounds good to me
but anything is good news at this point. been so long

Offline Jesterfox

« Reply #3115 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 14:04:58 »
Well, profile and manufacturer doesn't matter for me (as long as it is not SA Profile ;-) but if I remember correctly there should be a 6.5u space bar (or whatever fits on a Corsair K65 Keyboard) in my order... don't know if JTK can make them too.
Gaming Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Red // Typing Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Metallic Blue MX Blue
NEO // G80 1000 HAD 07 // G80 3000 LQCDE-02 // Raptorgaming K1 // G84 4700  // G84 4400 PRBDE
G85 Barracuda XT // G83 13000 Cybo@rd // Cherry STRAIT // FSC KBPC PX // needs repair: HP Vectra KBD

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #3116 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 19:52:43 »

BOOOOOOOO!!! That's too bad.

Offline Data

« Reply #3117 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 06:56:39 »

Is my sarcasmometer broken?  Why would that be a bad thing?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3118 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 14:51:17 »

Originative has a history of not fulfilling orders, no customer service support, slow shipping, and random total disappearances for a couple months at a time.  Some people just don't trust them as a vendor enough to gamble with their hard earned money.  Myself included.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3119 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 15:18:46 »

Originative has a history of not fulfilling orders, no customer service support, slow shipping, and random total disappearances for a couple months at a time.  Some people just don't trust them as a vendor enough to gamble with their hard earned money.  Myself included.

This guy gets it. :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3120 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 19:46:45 »

Although they have turned a corner, admitted there were mistakes, and now seem to be operating more efficiently.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sissy

« Reply #3121 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 20:58:06 »
  Some people just don't trust them as a vendor enough to gamble with their hard earned money.  Myself included.
at this rate is it much more of a gamble than what is already happening.

Offline Data

« Reply #3122 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 18:53:41 »

It's regrettable that certain issues occurred in the past and I'm sure Sherry still has a lot of work ahead of him to patch things up with those customers and try to earn back their trust. If you're one of those people then I understand your reluctance. If you're not, then maybe it's time to give him a second chance. Massdrop was willing to take a chance (several actually) with Sherry and through that relationship he's shown that he has righted the ship, so to speak, and made changes to avoid repeating those past mistakes.

I've done business with him a couple times now, as have hundreds of others, and everything was timely and professional. If you're boycotting because of someone else's experience years ago then you're really only hurting yourself here. /shrug

Offline doub

« Reply #3123 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 14:48:54 »

When and how will that choice be offered? I bought a toxic set, but haven't received any related email or forum message in more than 18 months.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3124 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 14:50:48 »

When and how will that choice be offered? I bought a toxic set, but haven't received any related email or forum message in more than 18 months.

A form will be posted here, currently production is pencilled in for February, we had originally planned it slightly sooner however with an issue with another product at the factory and with christmas etc, this is where we are, once I have fixed dates they will of course be posted here

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3125 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 18:12:39 »

It's regrettable that certain issues occurred in the past and I'm sure Sherry still has a lot of work ahead of him to patch things up with those customers and try to earn back their trust. If you're one of those people then I understand your reluctance. If you're not, then maybe it's time to give him a second chance. Massdrop was willing to take a chance (several actually) with Sherry and through that relationship he's shown that he has righted the ship, so to speak, and made changes to avoid repeating those past mistakes.

I've done business with him a couple times now, as have hundreds of others, and everything was timely and professional. If you're boycotting because of someone else's experience years ago then you're really only hurting yourself here. /shrug

While I personally am not out money, I do find it very hard to trust someone that has intentionally deceived another person out of their hard earned money.  He disappeared with thousands of dollars from the sanctuary group buy, to which I don't thing everyone ended up getting the product they paid for.  I still refuse to talk to someone that screwed me out of $250 when I was 19 years old and still naive about how the world really works. 

Besides, he doesn't even sell anything I am interested in, so not hurting me either way.  I have lost most of my interest in MX compatible switches since moving to IBM F style boards. 

I have no issues with him as a person, just going off his past business practices.  He may be on the up and up these days and working toward redemption, and I applaud him there.  But using massdrop is a bit apples to oranges.  In the event of things going south, I am sure Massdrop had legal contracts of obligation for all parties involved, and has money for lawyers if need be.  I don't.  Either way, enough thread crapping from me.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #3126 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 13:53:41 »
A form will be posted here, currently production is pencilled in for February, we had originally planned it slightly sooner however with an issue with another product at the factory and with christmas etc, this is where we are, once I have fixed dates they will of course be posted here

For Toxic orders like mine where I ordered a lot of the special add on sets due to odd configurations, can we hope on being able to get somewhat close to that with the JTK sets? I finally received my GH60 plates, and I have many different layouts that these keys were meant to cover.

Thank you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3127 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 14:01:39 »

For Toxic orders like mine where I ordered a lot of the special add on sets due to odd configurations, can we hope on being able to get somewhat close to that with the JTK sets? I finally received my GH60 plates, and I have many different layouts that these keys were meant to cover.

Thank you

It will be an extensive set but missing certain options, particularly the expansive space-bar pack, so on that case it may be better to stick with the sp option for yourself, although we still have all the toxic add on kits on hand, it's just large amounts of the alphas and mods we were shafted on

Offline Jesterfox

« Reply #3128 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 15:14:58 »
Ok, I think that means I will stay with the SP set, because the Corsair space bar is Special...

But no Problem with that, I have some SP sets and not got dissapointed so far. and the Toxic set will look great on my K65 ;-)
Gaming Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Red // Typing Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Metallic Blue MX Blue
NEO // G80 1000 HAD 07 // G80 3000 LQCDE-02 // Raptorgaming K1 // G84 4700  // G84 4400 PRBDE
G85 Barracuda XT // G83 13000 Cybo@rd // Cherry STRAIT // FSC KBPC PX // needs repair: HP Vectra KBD

Offline Data

« Reply #3129 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 15:32:57 »
Hoping 2016 is the Year Toxic Shipped.   :cool:

Wow.  I was super wrong.   :(

Offline Data

« Reply #3130 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:30:07 »
Having clearly not learned my lesson, here's hoping 2017 is the Year Toxic Shipped.    :))

Offline L3R4F

« Reply #3131 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 03:41:17 »
"I want to believe"

Offline Data

« Reply #3132 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 07:46:36 »

Offline MentalGen

« Reply #3133 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 13:37:06 »
Any update? Some of the other CtrlAlt buys look like they're starting to wrap up ( JTK, Hyperfuse ) and that leaves me wondering if Toxic will get some attention now.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Data

« Reply #3134 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:08:02 »
Any update? Some of the other CtrlAlt buys look like they're starting to wrap up ( JTK, Hyperfuse ) and that leaves me wondering if Toxic will get some attention now.

I still don't understand why it's a secret or why we have to scour other GH threads and/or Reddit for updates.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3135 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:21:18 »

I still don't understand why it's a secret or why we have to scour other GH threads and/or Reddit for updates.

ive posted the most recent update

toxic will be the next set run with jtk and then with sp, its chinese new year right now and we have been finishing up sophomore

as soon as this is moving, this will become the active thread that will be concentrated on

there is no need to scour for things, this is a priority for me and as soon as it can be done it will be

im funding these replacements entirely on my own, and pulling in favours to do so, it requires things other than just my time, everything is beginning to line up and when it does as above it will have my full attention, but in order to get to that point, right now my attention needs to be elsewhere to get other things complete so this can be concentrated on, not just by me but the manufacturers involved

Offline MentalGen

« Reply #3136 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:39:25 »

I was just fishing for a follow up to this post.  I saw the other thread for Sophomore marked as 100% shipped. I was hoping for new info I guess.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3137 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:49:15 »

I was just fishing for a follow up to this post.  I saw the other thread for Sophomore marked as 100% shipped. I was hoping for new info I guess.

the issue mentioned above is the sliders, im told they will be finished 7 days after chinese new year

they will then be sent to me and ill ship them out, by that time, ill have that completed and the gh60 buy im helping on completed, and can concentrate on this

rest assured this thread will be updated appropriately when it is time to do so

Offline Data

« Reply #3138 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:03:33 »

ive posted the most recent update

toxic will be the next set run with jtk and then with sp, its chinese new year right now and we have been finishing up sophomore

as soon as this is moving, this will become the active thread that will be concentrated on

there is no need to scour for things, this is a priority for me and as soon as it can be done it will be

im funding these replacements entirely on my own, and pulling in favours to do so, it requires things other than just my time, everything is beginning to line up and when it does as above it will have my full attention, but in order to get to that point, right now my attention needs to be elsewhere to get other things complete so this can be concentrated on, not just by me but the manufacturers involved

Thanks for the update. I hate having to beg for information or post something salty to get a response but it frequently feels like that's the only way to get "official" updates on this set. Squeaky wheel I guess... Is it really so hard to throw us a bone once a month or so? Keep the dialog going and no one will ever have any reason to question your commitment. Even if it's just to say, "hey, still working on this, nothing new to report this month," that's usually enough for most people.

I hate seeing you admit, again, that you're doing any of this out of pocket. Please tell me you've seen the posts from myself and others offering to chip in so you don't have to do that. If you have expenses above and beyond what you can raise in the group buys ... you've got people waiting to help with those. All you have to do is honestly communicate the situation. We want to see this through at least as much as you do.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:05:09 by Data »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #3139 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:23:41 »
Without delving deep into the subject as I was not part of the initial buy, in all fairness it was said (elsewhere, but either way) it'd be on track for February, I'm all for any kind of update, I love updates on any and everything, updates make me very happy, but it isn't February yet so I guess if nothing is said until one'd last heard then nothing has changed. That was my perception of it at least, making any further updates less relevant.

That said I'm very excited to see this come to fruition, mostly not for myself as I'll do my very best to grab a JTK set as soon as it becomes available but for everybody that's been waiting for so long now. Hopefully February does happen, this is going to look snazzy on the Exent!

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #3140 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 15:31:52 »
I am only missing the reverse mods from my original order that was fulfilled. Is there any option for situations mine, or no? Not trying to nag, just curious.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3141 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 17:55:28 »
I am only missing the reverse mods from my original order that was fulfilled. Is there any option for situations mine, or no? Not trying to nag, just curious.

i may have a set of those here actually, can you pm me in about a weeks time when ill have the gh60 buy behind me and ill see what i can dig up

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #3142 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 18:24:19 »

i may have a set of those here actually, can you pm me in about a weeks time when ill have the gh60 buy behind me and ill see what i can dig up

I'd be happy to, thanks for the quick reply!

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #3143 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 14:34:56 »

PM sent. Thanks!

Offline meeekus

« Reply #3144 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 11:36:43 »
Looking for an update. GH60 looks to be just about wrapping up as far as that thread goes. Still on track for around this time that JTK order form pops up?

Offline Data

« Reply #3145 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 12:40:06 »
March  :rolleyes:

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #3146 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 03:33:27 »
Any news?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3147 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 03:45:41 »
Jtk is currently producing the colour samples for me to ok I'll post them here as soon as I have them

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #3148 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 05:26:19 »
Jtk is currently producing the colour samples for me to ok I'll post them here as soon as I have them

Thanks for the quick reply. So the SP replacements will come after JT?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3149 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 05:31:57 »

Thanks for the quick reply. So the SP replacements will come after JT?

Yeah, once jtk is ready which really won't take long, we are just correcting a few legends and matching the colours, I will then be able to show those corrections to people so they can decide how they wish to proceed, either with a jtk replacement or sp, once I know those numbers jtk will be produced, and then based on how many sp numbers are left we will then work out how best to proceed with that to ensure it can be done in the quickest timeframe whilst balancing financial investment

I understand updates are slow and I'm trying to be as open as possible with people, I just had to wait for a bunch of stuff to fall in to place to get to a point to be able to get this done