Author Topic: Help with my GON Nerd60?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
Help with my GON Nerd60?
« on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 12:44:27 »
Just finished building an old Nerd60 I had laying around and it won't work in my pc, But it registers as plugged in when using the NerdyGUI It seems to not register any button presses. Can anyone shed some light on the problem?, Thanks

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Help with my GON Nerd60?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 13:46:21 »
I'm guessing you've tried flashing the firmware as you're in NerdyGUI so next semi-stupid question - did you solder the diodes and if so are they backwards?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:10:15 »
I'm guessing you've tried flashing the firmware as you're in NerdyGUI so next semi-stupid question - did you solder the diodes and if so are they backwards?

ahhhh I forgot the diodes.. I guess this is the problem I completely forgot about them it has been a while. I will order some now where is best to get them just off gons website? Thanks

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:20:22 »
Easily done, most boards come with them these days!

I wouldn't be buying anything from gon when he still owes people boards from years ago, let alone paying/waiting for international shipping for something so cheap.  Diodes are diodes so find some locally.  If they're through hole you want 1N4148, if not you'll need to measure the pad spacing to find the right size.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:31:08 »
Easily done, most boards come with them these days!

I wouldn't be buying anything from gon when he still owes people boards from years ago, let alone paying/waiting for international shipping for something so cheap.  Diodes are diodes so find some locally.  If they're through hole you want 1N4148, if not you'll need to measure the pad spacing to find the right size.

Yeah just checked on Gons website and he is after $24 shipping on an envelope of diodes  :)) Bit steep. Yeah they are through hole so I guess they are the ones I will just grab some on eBay or something, Cheers mate!