Author Topic: [GB] SA Retro [Closed]  (Read 530499 times)

Offline bquorning

Re: [GB] SA Retro
« Reply #500 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 06:16:37 »
For the real classics I tend to get two (one for posterity and one for use) and this definitely qualifies, but my wallet is thin this month... I know I'll probably just get two anyway, though. ;)
Hi, I am posterity. Can I buy that extra keyset of yours? ;D

Offline pkircher

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 06:43:00 »
even if someone sells it suspect it to be with a 100% markup

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #502 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 09:32:31 »

Really? I've not seen that for full keysets. Maybe artisan singles...

It's been my experience that most simply sell the sets for what they originally paid if they even sell them at all...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #503 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 09:55:34 »

Really? I've not seen that for full keysets. Maybe artisan singles...

It's been my experience that most simply sell the sets for what they originally paid if they even sell them at all...

I've seen the base Pulse TKL kit ($70ish?) fetch over $200 recently... twice, under the pretense that MiTo is gone and it was stated early on that no additional sets would ever run.

Sometimes people will change their minds before their order ships and sell their kit beforehand (a la TA), so you could keep an eye on the thread...
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 17:19:51 »
I just got a letter from my card company, they put a hold on my account for the SA Retro purchase... Hope this didn't affect my order, I just got the holds lifted  :-X

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 17:28:18 »
I just got a letter from my card company, they put a hold on my account for the SA Retro purchase... Hope this didn't affect my order, I just got the holds lifted  :-X

i have a paid order for this from you

Xs e5453279040c8ad0c447e551803a376c   Pro Mods
SA Retro   1   $35.00   $35.00
Xs 5683b24fad04d5807c0c55c12f3ab30e   Numberpad
SA Retro   1   $23.00   $23.00
Xs 42860cae4759f0dff84d43cb04d4ed7d   True Retro
SA Retro   1   $80.00   $80.00
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #506 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 17:29:18 »

i have a paid order for this from you

Xs e5453279040c8ad0c447e551803a376c   Pro Mods
SA Retro   1   $35.00   $35.00
Xs 5683b24fad04d5807c0c55c12f3ab30e   Numberpad
SA Retro   1   $23.00   $23.00
Xs 42860cae4759f0dff84d43cb04d4ed7d   True Retro
SA Retro   1   $80.00   $80.00

As long as you guys got the payment. Thanks for the verification!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 18:57:49 »
hey guys

i just paid for this gb with sp

it ran a bit over budget but not too much, we knew some kits would struggle but wanted to present a very complete gb

sp advised us it would take about 8 weeks, but once they give me a ship date i will update here

Woo hoo!

Can I ask, for curiosity's sake, what the total amount was? Other aspects of this run have been pretty transparent...

about 35k

Geez, who would of thought some ABS plastic could cost that much  :o .

Bunny, if you've purchased more than needed, put some on your CTRL/ALT site and I bet you they'll be picked up straight away.  When these arrive and get installed into various keyboards every fence-sitter that missed out on buying any would then jump on this.  Once Retro is sold out then that's it, another great key-set shall disappear into history but only brought out and shown what had been built, making future generations jealous with extreme envy  8) .

Offline zenless

« Reply #508 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 10:09:06 »
Not sure how to go about this (if it's possible, i'd hate to be a pain to CTRL ALT) but if anyone missed out and willing to take my burgundy base set and burgundy 10 key and willing to do a PPG for the balance I paid (so $124) i'd be willing to do so. Got lured into picking up a HHKB

Anyone know how to go about doing so without being a pain in the ass? I can take screen captures of my paypal transactions (minus sensitive info) if that helps.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:05:16 »
i can take the burg. base set and the burg numb block if you still have it
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:07:32 by pkircher »

Offline zenless

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 07:48:35 »
i can take the burg. base set and the burg numb block if you still have it

Well I don't have it per say but the order is still in my name/address. The shipping country would change so that'd have to be ok with bunny to update, probably have to see if there's a change in shipping costs too.

Ok checked, I can update the shipping address and send it to you. I can PM you screen shots of everything this evening, unfortunately that site is blocked to me from work. Can work it out from there.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 07:55:44 by zenless »

Offline pkircher

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 08:21:29 »
emailed bunny .. i keep you posted

Offline slp1

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:17:29 »
Is it too late to order this set ?

Offline pkircher

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:30:51 »
far to late .. orders where closed 2 weeks ago

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:41:53 »
Is it too late to order this set ?

Follow the thread though as it is likely that someone will have to drop out

If youre quick you can scoop up their order

Offline slp1

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 10:03:25 »
Thanks for your responses, I'm new here as you can see so I'm not used to group buy.

I will try follow this one otherwise I will wait for another nice kit :)
Btw at what rate are kits with ISO-AZERTY options proposed here ?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 10:07:44 »
Btw at what rate are kits with ISO-AZERTY options proposed here ?

Rare , about 1 set/year
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline efcs

• Fast Computer Solutions.com
« Reply #517 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:21:43 »
Just saw episode 3 of Halt and Catch Fire and seeing the C64 made me a little bit more impatient to get this set.  :)

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:43:26 »
Just saw episode 3 of Halt and Catch Fire and seeing the C64 made me a little bit more impatient to get this set.  :)
And I just saw a documentary  about retro games in Sweden. Making me regret that I didn't order the PETSCII set also. On the other hand it would look weird together with my Nordic ISO kit.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 19:40:32 »
And I just saw a documentary  about retro games in Sweden. Making me regret that I didn't order the PETSCII set also.
Show Image

Regrets are the bane of every Geekhacker here.  Trick is to choose when to feel that crushing emotion of failure when it comes to purchasing, in any Group Buy.

Fortunately for me, I'm a PETSCII Lover and no one can deny my intense passion, for this type of key-set  8) .

Offline zenless

« Reply #520 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 15:28:08 »
anyone missed out and willing to take my burgundy base set and burgundy 10 key and willing to do a PPG for the balance I paid (so $124) i'd be willing to do so.

nvm. will keep and see what I want to do after I get them and some other stuff coming my way.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2015, 08:37:09 by zenless »

Offline pkircher

« Reply #521 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 20:00:26 »
just be aware that the original owner of the order can change the delivery address at any time and you cant do anything against that

even if you payed for it .. there is no way for ctrl alt to controll that stuff ..

its a transaction between you and the "owner" he is still the owner even if you pay HIM for it ..
( contract law is very fuzzy about stuff like that )

i recomend to wait till they are shipped and purchase spares on ctrl alt or via ebay ( if someone sells it after they are shipped) where you have some protection.

Offline zenless

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 21:25:28 »
just be aware that the original owner of the order can change the delivery address at any time and you cant do anything against that

even if you payed for it .. there is no way for ctrl alt to controll that stuff ..

its a transaction between you and the "owner" he is still the owner even if you pay HIM for it ..
( contract law is very fuzzy about stuff like that )

i recomend to wait till they are shipped and purchase spares on ctrl alt or via ebay ( if someone sells it after they are shipped) where you have some protection.

Buyer beware, but what'd I do to you there sunshine? Gave option of it not being a gift to give buyer level of protection.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 01:26:22 »
not saying its the case with you ,
dont get me wrong :)

but since ctrlalt doesnt get involved ( and bunny gave a long explenation why)

its hard to protect it on a buyer to buyer level .. we still talk about money right ?

i merly statet that the risk of buying it from anyone expect bunny.

special with new accounts .. ( trust gotta be earned )

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 03:47:21 »

If you're worried about being ripped off just buy any order off the oldies on this forum, the newbies you should watch out because they haven't established themselves yet, so handing over hundreds to someone who joined yesterday, might be like handing over all your money to a fake Ethiopian Prince  ;D .

Good luck.........

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #525 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 10:57:46 »

If you're worried about being ripped off just buy any order off the oldies on this forum, the newbies you should watch out because they haven't established themselves yet, so handing over hundreds to someone who joined yesterday, might be like handing over all your money to a fake Ethiopian Prince  ;D .

Good luck.........
I just so happen to be an Ethiopian Prince. But I have run into some problems in my kingdom. You see we were given computers by an International Aid group but alas they had to give us second hand keyboards for which we don't have all the keys. So if all of you could help my people so they can use the computers. All we need are your spare key sets.
PM me and I will give you the address of my intermediate in the US who will forward them to me.

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #526 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 12:19:08 »
I have a Burgundy set to let go at $104.20 (inclusive of 3.9%+$0.30 PP). Going for Jukebox instead. Pm me

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #527 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 12:38:22 »
I have a Burgundy set to let go at $104.20 (inclusive of 3.9%+$0.30 PP). Going for Jukebox instead. Pm me

A very interesting choice :)

I would never trade a proven colorset for an unproven one, but I guess it varies from usage/interest to usage/interest
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #528 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 19:42:11 »

You must be totally depraved beyond words  :o , get both of them and stop this heresy immediately.

There is always room for Retro and Jukebox in anyone's collection, if you still want to call yourself a true Geekhacker  8) .

Offline blastoid

« Reply #529 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 20:54:15 »

You must be totally depraved beyond words  :o , get both of them and stop this heresy immediately.

There is always room for Retro and Jukebox in anyone's collection, if you still want to call yourself a true Geekhacker  8) .
Definitely room in my collection. Modern Selectric too. :D

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #530 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 20:57:09 »

Modern Selectric lost me at the right-aligned \| - too modern for me :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline blastoid

« Reply #531 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 21:12:13 »

Modern Selectric lost me at the right-aligned \| - too modern for me :)
Almost lost me on price, but it came together in the end. Still hated paying $43 for the numpad, but oh well I guess.

Offline flamf

« Reply #532 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:35:24 »
Hi guys
I and facetsesame have set up an interest check for a Brown ISO Enter to go with the True Retro persuasion of this wonderful keyset.
Or rather, we are going to have 25 keys made at SP and offer them up to whomever might be interested.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73052.0

cheers
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 12:04:38 by flamf »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:52:39 »

Elrick, your hype exceeds most of our wallets.  :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 17:20:35 »
hey guys, im 99% sure we posted this at the time, but i cant find it if i did, but sp said these should be done and shipping to us at the end of july

we will use the same model with this as we have for recent gbs, and get them turned around within a couple of days for everyone

they normally take a few days to get to us once they have shipped, and as soon as sp let us know they have either myself or matteo will advise it here

on a side but possibly related note, the day i move in to my new house is august 1st, at this point, i have no idea how long itll take me to have internet set up, ive had moves before where its done in a couple days, and moves where its taken a couple of weeks, hopefully closer to the time ill have a better idea but its possible when these land with cody in the US i wont be around for a few days or more

if thats the case, ill find a way to get on and at least let people know whats going on, and catch up with matteo as often as possible to relay any updates here in this thread

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 19:32:28 »
on a side but possibly related note, the day i move in to my new house is august 1st, at this point, i have no idea how long itll take me to have internet set up, ive had moves before where its done in a couple days, and moves where its taken a couple of weeks, hopefully closer to the time ill have a better idea but its possible when these land with cody in the US i wont be around for a few days or more

Congrats Bunny in joining the home owners club here  :thumb: .

BunnyLake "home owner", you can be proud of that title  8) .

Nothing better than setting yourself up now with a new home for you and your family, hope everything goes to plan.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #536 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 22:55:29 »
Anyone looking to unload a Burgundy set with matching numpad?
 :-\

Offline Dog

• Bark
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 02:25:31 »
Starting to worry about if I should have picked up some blanks. Too late now, but I think I have my bases covered.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 02:32:56 »
Starting to worry about if I should have picked up some blanks. Too late now, but I think I have my bases covered.

SP's supposed to produce blanks after each keyset they produce and sell it on their shop, it's a new thing

Edit: I wish they did this earlier too, I have too many blank DSA's at different colors that don't go too well with any set
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 02:34:54 by KHAANNN »

Offline pkircher

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 06:07:03 »
@dog i ordered 13 sets of blanks .. if you realy need some and ctrl alt does not sell them .. let me know

@khaannn thats true but only if they they are sold over pmk .. and this one is not
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 06:09:31 by pkircher »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 16:49:30 »
Hey everyone,

Is the Shifts really Row3 again? Somehow I was under the impression that this will be the first set with Row4 shifts, I don't know how I got that impression, probably because this is misleading: https://ctrlalt.io/buys/sa-retro after this explicit warning: https://ctrlalt.io/buys/hack-d-by-geeks - there were also some rumors, I ended up thinking the shifts are Row4

I probably need another custom arrow_up keycap, this time a Row3 and a Row3 1u Shift to make my layout symmetrical: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/2d1305ac6d0cf4bc1185f5a1fe1f53ac - I don't like the idea of having only the Row3 shift as the odd one out, better downgrade the arrow_up and 1u shift to Row3 to at least get a weird sculpture going on

As another update, probably the gray color changed, as matt3o announced over deskthority

Offline Dog

• Bark
« Reply #541 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 20:00:17 »
@dog i ordered 13 sets of blanks .. if you realy need some and ctrl alt does not sell them .. let me know

Thanks, I appreciate that =) I'll let you know

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 23:41:00 »
Putting my order up for sale at cost ($231) + paypal fees. I'd like a buyer from the US since that's the shipping method that is payed for.

Set includes:
Retro Burgundy
Pro Burgundy mods
Nunpad Burgundy
Alternate functions
4x blanks sets
Big spacebars

Still available as of 7/5/2015
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2015, 19:08:31 by filphil »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #543 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 23:48:33 »
What time frame are we looking to be receiving these beauties?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #544 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 23:50:16 »
What time frame are we looking to be receiving these beauties?

sp said these should be done and shipping to us at the end of july

we will use the same model with this as we have for recent gbs, and get them turned around within a couple of days for everyone

they normally take a few days to get to us once they have shipped, and as soon as sp let us know they have either myself or matteo will advise it here

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 23:53:12 by nickheller »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 22:07:11 »
I hope the R4 Shifts get produced soon so we could get a group buy going on for some sculpturally correct shifts :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 00:17:06 »
don't hold your breath...

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #547 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 01:21:26 »

yeah ... :)

worst part is, all these SA/DSA group buys are clouding/delaying Cherry/OEM/DCS ones, after using D/SA's for some time, I have an extreme thirst for some decent sculpture

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 03:10:08 »

yeah ... :)

worst part is, all these SA/DSA group buys are clouding/delaying Cherry/OEM/DCS ones, after using D/SA's for some time, I have an extreme thirst for some decent sculpture

Yeah, it's a shame. Glad there are more manufacturers getting into the mix; I got tired of DSA pretty quickly, so I'm not as dependent on SP personally. Unless when this set comes in I get hooked on SA...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:46:26 »
Unless when this set comes in I get hooked on SA...

Trust me when this set comes in, you'll be hooked like a crack-ho in a toilet.  All you will ever want from that day forward is MORE SA profiled caps, nothing will stand in your way, nothing........  8)