Author Topic: Alps Number Pad connector type  (Read 2658 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Alps Number Pad connector type
« on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 15:48:15 »
I got this nice little number pad with white Alps switches, but it has an odd connector.

Instead of USB, it looks like a stereo headphone jack, but is just a bit smaller.

What is this connector, and can I make it work with USB?

I can use a soldering iron but am mostly ignorant about circuitry. Step-by-step suggestions/instructions are very helpful.

It was made in Taiwan, but there is no brand and the serial number is blank.

Thanks!

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 30589[/ATTACH]
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 16:01:51 »
I dont think those are true ALPS. Do they bear the ALPS logo?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 16:25:25 »
Yes, they are branded Alps.

I used to have a couple of Northgate Omnikeys, as well as an Apple Extended Keyboard, and these switches are different.

The "ALPS" embossed marks are smaller than I remember, and the clips that hold the switch body are different on each side. I remember on the others that it was possible to put them in either way, I don't think you could do that here.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 November 2011, 20:06:47 »
Ah, ok... Well I don't know of the number pad specifically but an AIKON would be easy to drop in once I finish it, plus you could make it a macro pad instead of a number pad