Author Topic: [IC] JTK Red Riot [GB MAY 1]  (Read 42839 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
Re: [IC] GMK Red Riot (GB starts 3/5)
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 01:41:13 »

Caps unlocked is the EU proxy.

Oh yeah, duh. I was on the bus drunk when I posted that, forgot it had been established further up.

Interesting to hear about JTK anyway. I need to see some in the flesh.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 07:55:48 »
Also JTK is not able to do iso keys. In this case only the iso enter would be missing, the other keys wouldn't be the problem

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:51:32 »
No news on the CN proxy front. I tried to get in touch with them again today.

Here are some new renders from oblotzky.

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 15:55:40 »
Ah, good, a render on an ortho board. I don't own any cherry profile sets, so i wasn't sure how it would look on a planck
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Red Riot [ON HOLD/CANCELLED?]
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 00:38:39 »
ON HOLD DUE TO TANKED EXCHANGE RATE

USD -> EUR has totally tanked over the last few weeks, and the set would now cost more than I feel comfortable charging (at least $140).

I tried to gut some keys from the kit, but then it's $120 for a kit with pretty lame compatibility.

You can thank the people who are in charge of the US economy for this.

News coming soon, I think I have a way to get this done regardless.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 February 2018, 00:46:56 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: [IC] JTK Red Riot [REVIVED]
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 00:23:40 »
Will clean up my original post after a little bit more correspondence.

FINALLY got JTK's contact info for their English speaking rep after looking for what feels like forever.

Pricing will be around $50 (depending on price breaks), but compat has been gutted a bit. We're looking at about 120 keys.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 00:38:42 »
even if it has for 50 bucks!!!! it be hard to beat a decent thick blank red keyset!!!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 02:28:18 »
Totally redical.

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:39:54 »
rip dollar

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:49:14 »
thanks puddsy - JTK should be awesome, i know you were excited for the translucent stuff but $50 price point is fantastic. the only lingering quirks of the JTK process (entEr) wont even exist as blanks.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:52:04 »
thanks puddsy - JTK should be awesome, i know you were excited for the translucent stuff but $50 price point is fantastic. the only lingering quirks of the JTK process (entEr) wont even exist as blanks.

yus

it'll be good

i think i'm gonna try and start this next week or the week after

if we submit order by april, lead time is only 1 month

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:09:05 »
While the switch to JTK does kinda suck for your overall vision of this set, but I think it'll do wonders for getting people to buy in. Personally the change actually takes me from "It is a pretty nice set I might consider getting in the GB" with GMK to "Holy ****! $50 for quality thick ABS set? Where do i sign up at!?" with JTK. My only question is how bad the compatibility is affected by the change in manufacturers? All I really would be looking for is an extra 2,25u Shift, a 1.75u Shift, 3 bottom row 1u keys (not including the arrow cluster), & a 1u key in each row profile. That way I could use it with all my 65% & 68 key boards.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 13:31:54 »
While the switch to JTK does kinda suck for your overall vision of this set, but I think it'll do wonders for getting people to buy in. Personally the change actually takes me from "It is a pretty nice set I might consider getting in the GB" with GMK to "Holy ****! $50 for quality thick ABS set? Where do i sign up at!?" with JTK. My only question is how bad the compatibility is affected by the change in manufacturers? All I really would be looking for is an extra 2,25u Shift, a 1.75u Shift, 3 bottom row 1u keys (not including the arrow cluster), & a 1u key in each row profile. That way I could use it with all my 65% & 68 key boards.

Yeah I'm hoping it'll cover a TGR 910 with split spacebar layout. Don't know if JTK do the required spacebars.   However, for the price I'll buy it anyway and use just use it on something else if it's lacking that particular compat.

Offline blighty

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 14:38:57 »
It's great to see that this set is going through in one shape or another, regardless of the manufacturer.

False hope query:  Since this is still in IC, any chance for a monotone black on red set to run along side this?  I'd think people would buy a set of each to mix and match.  I know that goes outside of what the original intention of this buy, but if this will have multiple vendor support worldwide, I'd think it would be more than feasible, and not too much more logistics for anyone (assuming there are vendors involved).
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:36:10 »
Hi Everyone!

capsunlocked is going to be the EU proxy for this set!

I would just like to inform everyone that if you purchase a JTK Red Riot Keycap Set from capsunlocked,  and this reaches MOQ, you will receive a discount code for 5£ off of the CU75!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I look forward to working with Puddsy to make sure that this set reaches MOQ!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:43:08 »
Hi Everyone!

capsunlocked is going to be the EU proxy for this set!

I would just like to inform everyone that if you purchase a JTK Red Riot Keycap Set from capsunlocked,  and this reaches MOQ, you will receive a discount code for 5£ off of the CU75!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I look forward to working with Puddsy to make sure that this set reaches MOQ!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

buy this man's keyboard, it is very attractive

and buy my set too pls

compat was definitely gutted, i'm still working on finalizing it

should be able to cover /most/ standard layouts due to the nature of it being blank

i will ask about getting an extra 2.75, shift in there, there's already a second 2.25 for leopold boards, but it might add to the cost, JTK doesn't like to add things to their sets because there are a lot of problems in the sorting process

but it'll definitely cover a full spacebar 65%

It's great to see that this set is going through in one shape or another, regardless of the manufacturer.

False hope query:  Since this is still in IC, any chance for a monotone black on red set to run along side this?  I'd think people would buy a set of each to mix and match.  I know that goes outside of what the original intention of this buy, but if this will have multiple vendor support worldwide, I'd think it would be more than feasible, and not too much more logistics for anyone (assuming there are vendors involved).

i'm definitely doing other blank sets if this goes through, so don't worry about that

i have some GMK colorways i've been working on (and JTK yolch) so we'll see

down the road, down the road

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 02:19:15 »
hey me too

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 05:51:18 »
$50 is pretty damning.

Guess I'll wait to see what the compatibility is like...

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 10:50:12 »
yo puddsy i know this is a blank set, but any room for a GH r4 novelty key in BoR?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:03:14 »
yo puddsy i know this is a blank set, but any room for a GH r4 novelty key in BoR?

no because it would make the whole set more expensive

or that's what i was told

$50 is pretty damning.

should be fairly decent, i'm waiting for them to send me a confirmed list

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:05:00 »

no because it would make the whole set more expensive

or that's what i was told

$50 is pretty damning.

should be fairly decent, i'm waiting for them to send me a confirmed list

roger roger, no worries - ty for reply

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:39:03 »
JTK is sending me a cola set to check the color (since it'll be the same red). I think they may also be sending me a set to check colors for yolch.

GB soon, pretty much just waiting on new renders to confirm kit contents. There was a slight miscommunication.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:40:44 by Puddsy »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:51:01 »
hey does this fit my Lithuanian iso?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:51:17 »
hey does this fit my Lithuanian iso?

no

Offline megaforce

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:51:48 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 00:52:50 »
jesus christ i need this in my life so bad...ive always wanted to do a mcdonald theme built...your the best chef in the kitchen i love this...will there be mustard mods...er mer gerd...i'm in for at least five...make it six...can't wait for the drop...you are truly a god of keeb

see your makn fass food now...nice...nice...i like how you used a piece of my pm to update your title...cool...cool...eta on the set?

i can't keep up...your makn me look bad...no one will know what im talkn about if you keep changen it...no worries...who is the distributor?
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 01:04:15 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline vegs

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 03:44:45 »
ok
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 08:22:32 »
JTK is sending me a cola set to check the color (since it'll be the same red). I think they may also be sending me a set to check colors for yolch.

GB soon, pretty much just waiting on new renders to confirm kit contents. There was a slight miscommunication.

YOLCH!

****, I knew I should have gone with cerakote yellow on my 268

All hail the bringer of Yolch.  May he prosper and bring forth keycaps. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 11:05:49 »

YOLCH!

****, I knew I should have gone with cerakote yellow on my 268

All hail the bringer of Yolch.  May he prosper and bring forth keycaps.

i might end up doing it GMK but i'm still working on it

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 11:28:33 »
jesus christ i need this in my life so bad...ive always wanted to do a mcdonald theme built...your the best chef in the kitchen i love this...will there be mustard mods...er mer gerd...i'm in for at least five...make it six...can't wait for the drop...you are truly a god of keeb

see your makn fass food now...nice...nice...i like how you used a piece of my pm to update your title...cool...cool...eta on the set?

i can't keep up...your makn me look bad...no one will know what im talkn about if you keep changen it...no worries...who is the distributor?

lol wtf

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 12:12:59 »

lol wtf

he sent me a PM saying "you are not god of keeb" so i asked photoe to change my custom title to god of keeb

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 12:30:19 »

lol wtf

he sent me a PM saying "you are not god of keeb" so i asked photoe to change my custom title to god of keeb

Oh so it wasn't just complete rambling nonsense.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 14:55:26 »
the best chef in the kitchen

This should be Puddsy's custom title

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:29:46 »

im gonna go back to the old one in a few days

lol wtf

Oh so it wasn't just complete rambling nonsense.

i'm a ****in idiot idk why he thinks i'm worth anything

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:33:13 »

One does not simply choose what custom title they are given.  Great recompense must be made.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:35:13 »

One does not simply choose what custom title they are given.  Great recompense must be made.

yeah getting my first one took a lot of work

i miss 2014 GH

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:39:24 »

i miss 2014 GH

damn, i was hoping you would play into my dreadful mod talk. 

I didnt get my first one till 2016, had to update to reflect the year though.  Didnt want to give anyone false impressions.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:40:23 »

i miss 2014 GH

damn, i was hoping you would play into my dreadful mod talk. 

I didnt get my first one till 2016, had to update to reflect the year though.  Didnt want to give anyone false impressions.

hehehe

nice
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:42:42 by Puddsy »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:26:31 »

i miss 2014 GH

So, wait, are you complaining that it didn't take significantly more effort for you to change your title? :))  We must institute some proper trials for you to pass to do another change.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:49:53 »
Oof, my sides! The best chef in the kitchen putting that mcdonald's ketchup together with the mustard mods is one of the funniest goddamn things I've read on this site. And I can't tell if jimi's serious or trolling, which is the best part! OMFG!

Can I be Assistant to the Best Chef in the Kitchen?
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 March 2018, 23:00:20 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:57:39 »

i miss 2014 GH

So, wait, are you complaining that it didn't take significantly more effort for you to change your title? :))  We must institute some proper trials for you to pass to do another change.

at least put mine back to the old one first

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 23:21:27 »

i miss 2014 GH

An old one is back

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 23:40:28 »

i miss 2014 GH

An old one is back

that's cold, GJ, that's cold

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 11:03:07 »
ready to insert credit card pls

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 12:29:27 »
ready to insert credit card pls

waiting for renders so i can confirm contents then i think we are go

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 12:15:47 »
Tracking updated on samples. Will post pics with schumiboard when the sample set arrives. Probably this week.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 23:47:44 »

here is the compat, i finally got the render from JTK

removing anything won't reduce cost (this is standard JTK compat), but adding things gets expensive fast

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 00:34:45 »
Show Image

removing anything won't reduce cost (this is standard JTK compat), but adding things gets expensive fast

oooh.... aaahhh...

so, when can can i have it in my mailbox?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 00:39:51 »
Show Image

oooh.... aaahhh...

so, when can can i have it in my mailbox?

working that out now, i'm thinking of opening the GB in early may

Offline Fooblitzky

Re: [IC] JTK Red Riot [RENDER IN]
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 01:54:16 »
Is this still the same red as JTK White on Red "Coca-Cola" theme? Is the color accurate to that JTK render?