Author Topic: [IC] External Bluetooth Adapter  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
[IC] External Bluetooth Adapter
« on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 08:03:33 »
Hello everyone! A while ago we (ourselves and the designer, /u/yiancar) posted this thread explaining how we wanted to create a non-intrusive Bluetooth Adapter.
After that, we posted another update, that made us rethink the design
Now, we want to resurrect the idea
213674-0

213676-1

PCB compared to first version

Bluetooth 5/ Bluetooth LE
2.4Ghz band
1000mAh Battery
USB-A connector
1-2 days battery life

We decided to scale back the size of the battery due to everyones comments and made this more portable. We've been able to source a company that will produce us a custom enclosure to fit the PCB and battery perfectly. Hopefully this is a better outcome! Let us know your thoughts. This bluetooth adapter can also charge your tablet/phone like a normal battery pack!
We will have demo units available for users that have review/blog sites or influence in the scene. PM us if you want one!
We will run R1 soon Priced at £45+ shipping. EU Tracked £10. Will ship worldwide (£15) - Prices may change.

Register for product updates here - https://groupbuys.mechboards.co.uk/shop/bluetooth-adapter/
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 12:47:46 by Mechboards »

Offline Anakey

Re: [IC] External Bluetooth Adapter
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 08:43:31 »
might want to do more research on the delivery costs, given that shipping batteries is going to be a problem perhaps even ship a unit with just the pcb as long as it is a popular type of battery that is readily available might save the hassle if the units are confiscated because of the batteries.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 09:06:53 »
might want to do more research on the delivery costs, given that shipping batteries is going to be a problem perhaps even ship a unit with just the pcb as long as it is a popular type of battery that is readily available might save the hassle if the units are confiscated because of the batteries.

Ah yes I forgot to mention this. We're hoping to use a readily available battery that could be bought from Amazon or something, so that we can ship the adapter WITH/WITHOUT the battery. This would get round this issue.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 10:11:18 »
Hmmm. Maybe a battery option that can be larger, or have the option of future updates. 1-2 days just feels weak.

Regardless I'm in. Was literally searching for this a week ago.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 10:14:40 »
It looks like a good, clean product. Love the design.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 11:32:38 »
I guess it's too late to request a 2/4 AA batteries option?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 11:35:16 »
Really neat idea. I'm interested.

Offline piit79

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 14:49:15 »
Very interesting, I was searching for this a while ago and was surprised I couldn't find anything.

Could you offer a cheap barebones/DYI PCB-only option please? I would like to try building it into a keyboard case or perhaps 3D print a custom enclosure to attach directly to the outside of  a case and use a properly sized battery to last at least a week (2 days is way too short).

Thanks!

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline rondg

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 14:53:48 »
What are the dimensions? With case and PCB only.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 16:54:54 »

Ok with this as well. Might be better than a tiny battery that needs to be charged everytime you use.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 17:25:45 »

Ok with this as well. Might be better than a tiny battery that needs to be charged everytime you use.
I have rechargeable AAs I use for everything I can. Much better than a hard wired battery that has to be replaced every couple of years.