Author Topic: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [GB approved]  (Read 65712 times)

Offline OracleKev

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 11:43:30 »
ISO DE, how many keys are we talking about?  Maybe it should be a separate kit.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 12:31:11 »

Let’s be real. This set will be lucky to hit moq due to its divisive nature. Any kit needs to be in its base to succeed on this one - not like GMK Olivia or otherwise. Given the original and only board known is ISO DE the tribute set should cover that as its base ISO rather than standard ISO imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 12:41:09 »

Let’s be real. This set will be lucky to hit moq due to its divisive nature. Any kit needs to be in its base to succeed on this one - not like GMK Olivia or otherwise. Given the original and only board known is ISO DE the tribute set should cover that as its base ISO rather than standard ISO imo

LOL Let’s be real practical and not over-burden this set with keys that will never be used.
If this set gets bloated it will lessen its chance of reaching MoQ.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 13:31:04 »

I mean, it’s also only standard colors so moq is low.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:33:58 »

Selling 150 sets of this is still going to be hard. The reference board is incredibly niche as is and the color scheme is a tiny bit weird. As is it'll probably just hit moq + 30 sets maximum.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 23:59:32 »
Hope we have this one finally run; the one true test if its actually gonna make MOQ or not. This had been brought up several times for several years now.  :))

I agree also with the others that this should be designed first as a replica in mind then extending from that. Guessing that majority of the people who would jump into this has that in mind.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 08:41:48 »

standard colr moq 150. Small kits 100. Now I just consider what is base between OG layout and Ansi and What will be small kits. I will do my best....

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 09:25:41 »
Very interested. Would love to see a _REAL_ replica including the ISO-DE legends as well.

Don't HBU the HBD!

PS: HAUters gonna be SAD!

ahh yes, the good old make the GB runner get iso layout renders and quotes and watch the kit fail its MOQ once again.

jk, gl isoguys... the 4 of you sure are LOUD :P

I think for this one, given the original board was ISO DE it should absolutely be included as an homage if nothing else. And whilst I am an ISO user I’d still say that even if I wasn’t for this example. It’s such an iconic board in the community I suspect a lot of people would want to recreate that

Oof, nice response - good call - lets see what OP comes up with

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:12:11 »
this was just posted in discord :(

I am assuming GMK didn't tell you this?

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:13:53 by KeyboardUser4 »

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:08:33 »
new post cuz confusion:

Maybe its a fake kbdfans post? it was posted on this Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans/?hl=en

but kbdfans official one is this https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans.cn/?hl=en

(thanks to nickheller for that clarification)

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 20:44:25 »
new post cuz confusion:

Maybe its a fake kbdfans post? it was posted on this Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans/?hl=en

I didn't it.

I just receive the feedback from GMK as below,

"We have received a couple of requests for this set. Consider it to be open. So if you would like to progress with this set or similar layout feel free to do so."

So I sent the email to GMK as below,

"I will start the interesting check with old render. And if some modifications will be done, I will request new render to you."

If KBDfans posted it faster than my posting, I have to drop this project because it is fair play to KBDfans.
But my posting was faster than KBDfans posting, I hope that KBDfans drop his project.
If my comment is problem, please let me know.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 20:59:21 »
new post cuz confusion:

I didn't it.

"We have received a couple of requests for this set. Consider it to be open. So if you would like to progress with this set or similar layout feel free to do so."

"I will start the interesting check with old render. And if some modifications will be done, I will request new render to you."

If KBDfans posted it faster than my posting, I have to drop this project because it is fair play to KBDfans.
But my posting was faster than KBDfans posting, I hope that KBDfans drop his project.

My friend has been trying to get this set run for the past 2-3 years, development has been made slowly (and time has allowed for it to be run now), and I think all fans of this set will be happy as long as it gets made. I heard good news about this so hopefully we'll all have our handarbeit soon.

I'm not too certain on the other specifics other than MOQ might not be a problem. I'm not involved, but I am invested in seeing this set exist as a fan.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 21:43:46 »
I've had my heart broken before
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 21:46:01 »
I've had my heart broken before

same tbh
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 21:54:06 »

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 22:02:38 »
new post cuz confusion:

I didn't it.

My friend has been trying to get this set run for the past 2-3 years, development has been made slowly (and time has allowed for it to be run now), and I think all fans of this set will be happy as long as it gets made. I heard good news about this so hopefully we'll all have our handarbeit soon.

I'm not too certain on the other specifics other than MOQ might not be a problem. I'm not involved, but I am invested in seeing this set exist as a fan.
Yes. I think that many users want this. I have been making some modifications and kits, but now just stop because first of all, I have to get KBDfans opinion.
If you know him, please let him know this post and my opinion.

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 22:03:03 »
new post cuz confusion:

I didn't it.

Hi, I'm wei from kbdfans.
Instagram kbdfans(https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans) are not us,

Our Instagram is kbdfans.cn(https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans.cn/)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:36:00 »
new post cuz confusion:

I didn't it.

[redacted]

Hi, I'm wei from kbdfans.
Instagram kbdfans(https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans) are not us,

Our Instagram is kbdfans.cn(https://www.instagram.com/kbdfans.cn/)

fixed it for you.

actually the way I heard it it was not kbdfans who would run it but zfrontier, at this point im not too sure... so don't give up hope @cocobrais, please just someone run this ._.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 00:22:43 »
Just run it man, here are plenty of buyers and i want to buy a high quality version that is perfect including iso de as the original. I wouldn't buy this from zfrontier, they clearly saw this thread here and just want to make a quick buck... I'll offer to buy 3 and sure others would buy enough too if u are concerned about moq.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 00:37:55 »
Just run it man, here are plenty of buyers and i want to buy a high quality version that is perfect including iso de as the original. I wouldn't buy this from zfrontier, they clearly saw this thread here and just want to make a quick buck... I'll offer to buy 3 and sure others would buy enough too if u are concerned about moq.

Thats the thing coco was talking about, the renders were asked by multiple parties, before this thread came out as well.

Before it was just that the MOQ was prohibitively high for a set that maybe 1/50 of people currently in this hobby would even consider, hitting 300+ or even 500 MOQ would be improbable for a keyset that doesn't really fit a scheme.

But yeah, at this point it would be best for someone to start the momentum, just whoever has the logistics to ship these sets quickly, price wise I don't think this set will be very profitable.

Also I'm not sure if it was zfrontier, I should probably step back and let someone more knowledgeable on this buy step in, I just wanted to put out my opinion on why it seems like people are all sniping this opportunity .
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2018, 00:43:09 by meiosis »
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 00:52:09 »
new post cuz confusion:

Sriously? the fake one? Could  u use ur brain brain before ur words?
First post of kbdfans is on 05/12/2016.

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 00:56:20 »
Wei from kbdfans wrote above that it's not their real instagram...

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 01:01:36 »
Wei from kbdfans wrote above that it's not their real instagram...

I konw, I konw. But why kbdfans is fake ?  only one kbdfans is allowed in the world?
Real instagram? which is  the fake instagram ?

Offline wodan

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 01:06:24 »

Many people claimed I am asking to add ISO support while this has already neen part of the render. The more costly ISO mods are _not_ needed to ass ISO-DE support since they are already in there.

The missing keys are ~20 alphanumeric keys that would probably add ~10-15$ to the GMK price at 150MOQ

Don‘t call it GMK Handarbeit if it‘s not a real replica of the original set. Call it GMK HAUarbeit or something like that.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 01:21:47 »

Many people claimed I am asking to add ISO support while this has already neen part of the render. The more costly ISO mods are _not_ needed to ass ISO-DE support since they are already in there.

The missing keys are ~20 alphanumeric keys that would probably add ~10-15$ to the GMK price at 150MOQ

Don‘t call it GMK Handarbeit if it‘s not a real replica of the original set. Call it GMK HAUarbeit or something like that.
Today I try to make OG ISO DE design and it will be increased to many keys...Not just 20...
Surely I am designing OG ISO DE (base or Kit)
If Ansi and ISO DE compared,
For example,
- R1
  Druck / Rollen / Pause(In case of this, front printing is different) 3 keys
  Alpha number : 10 keys
  Function Einfg/pos1/bild : 3keys
- R2 also 9 keys
- R3 also 3 keys
- R4 also 8 keys
- R5 also 9 keys

I don't know what is more effective base (Ansi or ISO DE). But important thing is "I am designing this set considering both ISO DE + Ansi"

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 03:12:53 »
hehe, nice classic... it's not for me but I hope it succeeds. I wonder how many will get into this

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 04:36:12 »
I'm not gonna purchase a qwertz keycap set. Or a set whithout bars on fj5.

I think that the windows legends are horrible, and that they should be red, not yellow. Why are you using the yellow at all? The kbdlab instagram showed red keycaps for the window keys. And you're using a modern windows symbol, that's clearly out of character.

I think that the distintive character of this set resides in the colors, not in the legends language. So an identical replica with german legends has no reason to exist. Nobody would say that you can't call a set gmk olivetti just because you are doing a set with portoguese legends. The character of a set is withing the colors, not within the legends.
It's an interesting set because you can mix it with existing sets without having to worry about anything. But german legends can't be mixed with anything. Due to the mixing ability of this set, I would keep the number of extra keys in the base set to a minimum. Low price is the key.

The destiny of handarbeit is in your hands. If this set doen't reach MOQ, it will never be run again.

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2018, 04:44:01 by theseusanime »

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:25:23 »
I'm not gonna purchase a qwertz keycap set. Or a set whithout bars on fj5.

I think that the windows legends are horrible, and that they should be red, not yellow. Why are you using the yellow at all? The kbdlab instagram showed red keycaps for the window keys. And you're using a modern windows symbol, that's clearly out of character.

I think that the distintive character of this set resides in the colors, not in the legends language. So an identical replica with german legends has no reason to exist. Nobody would say that you can't call a set gmk olivetti just because you are doing a set with portoguese legends. The character of a set is withing the colors, not within the legends.
It's an interesting set because you can mix it with existing sets without having to worry about anything. But german legends can't be mixed with anything. Due to the mixing ability of this set, I would keep the number of extra keys in the base set to a minimum. Low price is the key.

The destiny of handarbeit is in your hands. If this set doen't reach MOQ, it will never be run again.

As I mentioned before, it was old version and Now I have been designing new layout and kits.
Just wait some days. I will update new design.

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:27:42 »
I am not interested if it has no relation to history, for the same reason everyone wanted the orig characters on space cadet, qpl and co. Also aek japanese, cyrillic, hebrew, hangul etc gets sold all the time, why not sth german..

The colorsheme alone is not worth the money.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:31:08 »
The character of a set is withing the colors, not within the legends.

GMK Serika begs to differ =)
And why can't you mix and match iso-de caps? Legends won't fit exactly? awww poor baby, that's what everyone else besides ansi users have to deal with on a regular basis. :tease:
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:38:53 »
You need a third one that agrees with you to be reich  :))

Anyway I use ISO, so if it has original legends it may be better. Except for the fact that it has y and z swapped, I can't live with it.

I will not buy a qwertz keyboard.

Ende.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:58:59 »
99 USD on massdrop, just add the 5 with bars for the numpad. And fix the duplicate keys (\| on R3 and R4).
The price is right.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-white-on-black-custom-keycap-set

203150-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 September 2018, 06:00:45 by theseusanime »

Offline Theswetiyeti

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 11:24:51 »
When I first came across this interest check it was a hard pass. But over a few days I found myself coming back to look at it. Now this is a must have for me. I guess there's a fine line between love and hate. Goog luck.  I will definitely be watching this. Thanks for bringing this to the community. :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 12:17:44 »
99 USD on massdrop, just add the 5 with bars for the numpad. And fix the duplicate keys (\| on R3 and R4).
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)

massdrop gets special pricing on some stuff because they buy so many sets, bad example

but the compat of the set is good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 13:51:57 »
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)

massdrop gets special pricing on some stuff because they buy so many sets, bad example

Yeah except that the last time originative tried to undercut massdrop by offering the same identical price that mass drop offered.

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 15:46:46 »
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)
Are you hoping that by posting this handarbeit will be run for 99 usd ?
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 15:57:20 »
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)

Yeah except that the last time originative tried to undercut massdrop by offering the same identical price that mass drop offered.

because oco fronts 250-500 sets for every GB they do

same as massdrop

i don't expect this set to cost $99

Offline Theswetiyeti

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 17:43:41 »
I hope this set becomes a reality <2
Handarbeit+ all the way! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 September 2018, 18:01:54 by Theswetiyeti »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 17:46:09 »

Anyway I use ISO, so if it has original legends it may be better. Except for the fact that it has y and z swapped, I can't live with it.

Ende.

If Cocobrais goes with Wodan's suggestions to have the set be true to its original as possible I'll buy three sets so you don't have to. No need for further argument.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 17:47:45 »
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)

because oco fronts 250-500 sets for every GB they do

same as massdrop

i don't expect this set to cost $99

I've looked at historical posts, and I've discovered that there used to be a "group buy the fee". It was clear, it was small.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 17:56:18 »

Ende.

If Cocobrais goes with Wodan's suggestions to have the set be true to its original as possible I'll buy three sets so you don't have to. No need for further argument.
I didn't decide yet. But my first considering for Kits is
- General Base Kit with ANSI (3000 WK / WKL + 1800 WKL + ISO Enter and some keys)
- OG Mania Kit with ISO DE (Maybe about 50 keys, R5 Added, Same legends and Color with OG)
- Maybe...Add-on Kit (Not fixed but maybe, Window 3 Lock keys + Some add-on keys for so many layouts)
- Blank keys R1~R5 with some colors.

Not Not Not Fixed.....

Offline avid

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 19:30:55 »
Usually norde kit has issues meeting MOQ, even on MD (around 5%). A huge german kit with 50 keys will sell maybe 3%.

Very hyped for this set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 September 2018, 19:34:28 by avid »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 22:12:43 »
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)

Little detail you are ignoring. GMK charges per color. So a 2 color kit is cheaper than a 3 or 4 or 10 colored kit.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 17:49:28 »
Usually norde kit has issues meeting MOQ, even on MD (around 5%). A huge german kit with 50 keys will sell maybe 3%.

Very hyped for this set.
Yeb. I know, it is hard to reach the MOQ for norde. I have seen this in many GB and Massdrop.
In my understanding, there are manias for OG and I don't want to ignore their opinion.

If I will make the base set with OG ISO DE design, it's hard to access to so many Ansi users and difficult to reach the MOQ.
If I will make only Ansi base with only ISO Enter, expectations of OG manias will be ignored.
So I'd like to consider all these.
If there are many OG users, mania kit will be reach to MOQ (maybe 100set)

Another option is
Some keys delete for OG...
For example, Numpad and function keys for OG kit will be shared by Ansi Base.

It is hard to decide yet. I am continuosly consdering...

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:15:13 »
Thanks for your dedication to this set.

I think that any consideration is quite volatile if GMK doesn't give you some quotations first. Write to them and call them again and again.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:27:46 »
The price is right.

(Attachment Link)

Little detail you are ignoring. GMK charges per color. So a 2 color kit is cheaper than a 3 or 4 or 10 colored kit.

How much

Offline Data

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 08:29:00 »
You can't be serious.   :rolleyes:

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 08:30:56 »
Write to them and call them again and again.

What a wonderful idea!  All of us should call again and again, to demand $99 pricing  :p

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 08:42:38 »
i do understand that ANSI is a necessity (i want it myself) and that ISO DE support must be there too for historic reasons. Also most people prefer qwerty, shouldnt be too hard to just add the additional qwertz keys.

But why do we need the characters/font in english? We buy different language kits the whole time, cyrilic, hangul, japanese etc. People buy them without speaking any of these languges, for ALPS the AEK Japanese kits are a bestseller...

Why not ANSI+ISO support with german font in the basekit?

I dont see why we need english fonts here offered on an replica of something that was only available in german anyway - sounds way easier to hit MOQ.

However if you want to make it cheaper, i think most people here dont need numpad keys in the base set, most boards used seem to be TKL or less.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 09:13:15 »
But why do we need the characters/font in english? We buy different language kits the whole time, cyrilic, hangul, japanese etc. People buy them without speaking any of these languges, for ALPS the AEK Japanese kits are a bestseller...
If you are referring to native language kits like Laser Kobe or Yuri Cyrillics, I think they are a niche.
Usability-wise, the most difficult thing seems to be with symbols (above numbers or right side), I regularly get stumped on those while using DE layout.