Author Topic: [GB] GMK Metropolis ( COMPLETE )  (Read 163807 times)

Offline velox_aquilae

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (GB Over. Samples in!)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 09:48:02 »
Got my deskmats today. The large one looks great, but what's up with the messed up aspect ratio on the smaller one? All the "circles" are clearly oval. It looks like the middle portion of the large deskmat was resized horizontally to fit on the small deskmat. Pretty disappointed with that...
Show Image

Oh no that looks terrible...

Offline nephlock

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 10:45:21 »
Got my deskmats today. The large one looks great, but what's up with the messed up aspect ratio on the smaller one? All the "circles" are clearly oval. It looks like the middle portion of the large deskmat was resized horizontally to fit on the small deskmat. Pretty disappointed with that...
Show Image

This should not have happened, the sample I approved was not distorted at all like the one you received. Let me see what I can find out! Stand by.

Offline piit79

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 10:53:17 »

This should not have happened, the sample I approved was not distorted at all like the one you received. Let me see what I can find out! Stand by.

Thanks for looking into this! I was thinking there's no way you OK'd something like that.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 11:26:58 »
Show Image

Gonna talk to my manufacturer about this. Not sure if this is a one off error, but I wont be able to find out much until we receive the deskpads in the states (can take up to 30-40 days to get them).

But we will get this figured out.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 12:44:40 »
So. USA will be a month or more out? Just curious as other areas are receiving their orders.

Offline piit79

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 13:40:54 »

Gonna talk to my manufacturer about this. Not sure if this is a one off error, but I wont be able to find out much until we receive the deskpads in the states (can take up to 30-40 days to get them).

Interesting, how come we got them that much earlier in the EU? And thanks for looking into this! I'm hoping this is not a widespread issue and I can get a replacement. Not too worried about the money, I'd just love to have the smaller pad too.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 14:19:59 »
So. USA will be a month or more out? Just curious as other areas are receiving their orders.

Yes, we have to get ours shipped by sea because of the weight. EU proxies get theirs shipped by air because of the location.

Interesting, how come we got them that much earlier in the EU? And thanks for looking into this! I'm hoping this is not a widespread issue and I can get a replacement. Not too worried about the money, I'd just love to have the smaller pad too.

Shipping speed. EU is able to get these shipped by air. Ours are shipped by sea because of the amount of orders along with the weight.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 15:08:58 »
Cool. Just wanted to confirm.

Offline piit79

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 03:58:44 »

But we will get this figured out.

Just FYI, I reached out to MyKeyboard.eu and asked them to check the extras they have in stock:

Quote from: Yulia@MyKeyboard.eu
I’ve checked and seems like all the small mats have same problem.
I am going to contact NovelKeys to see what should be done for replacements. He didn’t receive them yet, so I’m not sure he knows about the problem yet.
As soon as I have more information I will come back to you.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 05:42:03 »

Just FYI, I reached out to MyKeyboard.eu and asked them to check the extras they have in stock:

We are working on this, but it could take some time to get figured out with the factory. We will update once we have figured it out.

Offline iaman

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 09:09:07 »

We are working on this, but it could take some time to get figured out with the factory. We will update once we have figured it out.
Oof, that sounds like a nightmare of a headache for y'all. Hope you manage to resolve it quickly and without too much hassle.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 14:33:53 »
Update!

I've received the second round of color samples after the adjustments I had to the teal and yellow.

Round 2 Teal (Right) - Nailed! this is exactly what i was hoping for.

Round 2 Yellow (left) - I had asked for a bit more saturation, and they've done that admirably. However it takes it off the mark.

The Final Four
My comments from the first round were that the teal and yellow needed a saturation boost. They both felt like they fell short just a bit when compared together. After placing in the updated teal the original yellow provided feels much more appropriate, and i feel confident in these colors!

We're there peeps!

Offline vision-quest

Re: [GB] GMK Metropolis (GB Over. Round 2 Samples in!)
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 14:56:06 »
Looking pretty bonerific!

Offline iaman

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 16:48:26 »
Update!

I've received the second round of color samples after the adjustments I had to the teal and yellow.

Show Image

Show Image

Round 2 Yellow (left) - I had asked for a bit more saturation, and they've done that admirably. However it takes it off the mark.

Show Image

The Final Four
My comments from the first round were that the teal and yellow needed a saturation boost. They both felt like they fell short just a bit when compared together. After placing in the updated teal the original yellow provided feels much more appropriate, and i feel confident in these colors!

We're there peeps!
Lovin it!!!!!

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 17:14:41 »
Update!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The Final Four

We're there peeps!

Couldn't agree more. Love the decision to go with those 4.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 20:18:50 »
Looks good, the new teal makes me super excited for the midnight mods!

Offline rejuvienate

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 00:34:28 »
Progress!!

Offline NRbigfoot

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 09:08:57 »
The new teal looks great, those 4 colors should go really well together. Excited to get this set
HBCP | FLX Virgo | aanzee | Mira SE | Leaf 80 | HHKB pro 1 | qxp | Rukia | IDB60 | equinox | No1Rev1 | Whale | Montage | 268.2 | Anniversary Whale | Jer80 | Evolv

Offline climbing512

« Reply #268 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 12:46:04 »
that teal....nice!

Offline Electrum

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 13:16:10 »
Excited to see it in person!

Offline kaiba

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 16:22:02 »
What color are the deskmats in person? In the original group buy pictures the backdrops looked navy, but in the pictures posted here they look black to me.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #271 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 17:33:05 »
What color are the deskmats in person? In the original group buy pictures the backdrops looked navy, but in the pictures posted here they look black to me.
They’re still navy blue. Check the stitching for reference in the pictures. The stitching is black.

Offline kaiba

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 09:41:56 »
They’re still navy blue. Check the stitching for reference in the pictures. The stitching is black.
Ah the stitching is a good reference, thank you. :D

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 05:58:34 »
Currently, the official estimated ship date from GMK is now mid September.

Offline sunk318

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 23:11:11 »
Is it too early to ask about the next round? I missed the last one.

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 23:37:16 »

There will probably be some extras that you can try to get.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 13:52:51 »

There will probably be some extras that you can try to get.
Yes novelkeys has stated he has a lot of metro extras and he expects it to last 1.5 months

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 09:26:11 »
Some bad news. We received our order of the smaller (450x400) deskpads. They are all skewed. We have not come to a solution with the factory yet, but we are emailing everyone who ordered from NovelKeys with our different options.

I apologize to anyone who ordered the smaller deskpads. Its frustrating for sure.

If you didnt order from NovelKeys, please reach out to your proxy as I am in contact with them working on a solution as well.

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 11:26:36 »
Thanks for the update! Always love the novelkeys communication. Makes everyone feel better when there are issues.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 18:48:35 »
These new samples look spot on. really looking forward to this set. So many great GMK sets this year.

Offline ian13

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 06:32:35 »
Are there any specific updates on when the cables will be shipped this August?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 07:00:00 »

There are not. They cables are still being made, and the estimate was that they would be finished this month. If we get any more news on that, we will update our page - https://novelkeys.xyz/pages/updates

Offline ian13

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 09:14:29 »

There are not. They cables are still being made, and the estimate was that they would be finished this month. If we get any more news on that, we will update our page - https://novelkeys.xyz/pages/updates

Thanks, Mike!  ;)

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 19:48:47 »
is there any ETA on this set other than September?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 19:57:49 »
is there any ETA on this set other than September?

No there is not. Once we have an update though, we will definitely post about it!

Offline gminso

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 20:21:13 »
How does transferring GB spot work? I purchased a base set from Novelkeys. If anyone want to work this out please let me know. Thx
(love this set but had a few impulse buys on pre-order sets. bento and sa voc. now I need money)

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #286 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 05:59:45 »
How does transferring GB spot work? I purchased a base set from Novelkeys. If anyone want to work this out please let me know. Thx
(love this set but had a few impulse buys on pre-order sets. bento and sa voc. now I need money)

We do not allow the transfer of GB spots. We can cancel your order, however if its needed.

Offline NinjaSquirrel21

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 09:56:35 »
When are the cables suppose to ship? I thought those were already suppose to be sent out.

Sent from my Galaxy s10+ using Tapatalk

Offline velox_aquilae

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 13:45:14 »
When are the cables suppose to ship? I thought those were already suppose to be sent out.

Sent from my Galaxy s10+ using Tapatalk

According to https://novelkeys.xyz/pages/updates, cables should be shipped Monday Sept. 9th.

Offline Starius

« Reply #289 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 14:53:11 »
You guys are gonna like the cables. 
I got mine today, as I had gone through Spaztic Cables directly.  I needed a custom length configuration that the NovelKeys GB couldn't account for, otherwise I would have gone that way obviously.  But, I can tell you you won't be disappointed when you get yours. 

Offline K05M0NAUT

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 12:39:44 »
I saw that there was a delay but nothing about it in the GB thread so I thought I would mention that NovelKeys update page now shows shipping has slipped to October.

https://novelkeys.xyz/pages/updates

Offline nephlock

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 12:51:54 »
I saw that there was a delay but nothing about it in the GB thread so I thought I would mention that NovelKeys update page now shows shipping has slipped to October.

Thank you for this! Slight delay, but not by much. The original estimate was the end of september, but it’s now looking like the second week in October. We’re almost there!

Offline DuckNorris

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 13:54:43 »

Thank you for this! Slight delay, but not by much. The original estimate was the end of september, but it’s now looking like the second week in October. We’re almost there!

You have probably already answered but will there be any leftovers for resale or just have to look forward for the resale market? Thanks!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 13:55:45 »

You have probably already answered but will there be any leftovers for resale or just have to look forward for the resale market? Thanks!
Novelkeys ordered a bunch of extras, so there will be some available for those who missed out

Offline ctrlshiftba

• ctrlshiftba
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 18:20:07 »
Any word on when keyforge caps will ship?

Offline deejasaurus

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 02:05:45 »
I got my cable today! The quality is absolutely fantastic. I was kinda wandering and looking into other keycap sets to buy but the cable got me really excited to get Metropolis soon.

Offline Rollie Fingers

« Reply #296 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 11:27:53 »
Any updates?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 14:21:16 »
Any updates?

Same as before. Just in production. Expected to ship out from GMK around middle of October.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 19:19:57 »
Any word on when keyforge caps will ship?

sorry for the delay in the update, i was overseas traveling. I've spoken with Keyforge and the caps should have his attention next week after he completes his most recent sale. Judging by the timeline of the set shipping, i'm hoping the caps arrive around the same time or shortly after.

Home stretch guys!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 11:52:17 »
Small update! Just heard from GMK on a shipping update, and I've been told that Metropolis will ship out on the 24th of October. A bit more of a wait than we were expecting, but we're still close. Thanks for hanging in there guys!