Author Topic: [GB] Duck Orion/Black Bird Weight Insert (Invoicing/Shipping)  (Read 74256 times)

Offline CMYK

Re: [GB] Duck Orion/Black Bird Weight Insert (Manufacturing)
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 11:29:05 »
Will #2 do anything about scratches where the screws go?

I kind of want to sell my spot get my money back.

Yes #2 will fix it.

Thanks for the reply. I would vote for option 2.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:20:47 »
UPDATE

Alright, after a period of no responses I was starting to get worried, but manufacturer has been in contact with me since yesterday. He's open to brushing all the weights and estimates it to take a week. Knock on wood. I should be delivering the weights to him sometime this week when I can find time between all this Seattle meetup stuff.

I'll also start packing all the option #1 peoples and picking up the rest of the screws.

Random Note: In case people don't know, ketchup and/or lemon juice works pretty well when polishing up brass. I prefer ketchup as it's easy to smear on and works kind of like a paste.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:52:48 »
I'll also start packing all the option #1 peoples and picking up the rest of the screws.

Hype

Random Note: In case people don't know, ketchup and/or lemon juice works pretty well when polishing up brass. I prefer ketchup as it's easy to smear on and works kind of like a paste.
If you want to do this: please make sure your ketchup has a good amount of vinegar in it. I got some with none to basically none once which didn't work at all. The McDonalds ketchup works great  :thumb:
A mix of baking soda and lemon juice works insanely well, quite a lot better than I first expected, so it's also worth a shot.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:55:20 »
Hmm.........that is very interesting news. I guess I'll have to ketchup on some research.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:15:18 »
For those who want their weights now, and happen to be going to the Seattle Meetup on Saturday please let me know via PM so I know to stuff them in my car. You can show my crappy weights to the world. Sigh....

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:47:36 »
UPDATE

Hey guys, just wanted to leave a short update before a very busy weekend. I've gotten quite a few weights bubble wrapped and ready to go, not as many as I had hoped. I'm trying to get the packing done first before I send out an invoice, so I'm not holding on to anymore money for any longer. Refunds of some form are still being negotiated.

In other news I'm waiting to meet with the manufacturer in person for more discussion/negotiation and hand offs. He's not certain he can properly re-surface the stainless steels so trying to figure out what to do there.

For those who are going to the Seattle Meetup this Saturday, please PM me so I know to just bring your weight to you. For all those interested in catching presentations from Binge, The Van Keyboards, Jchan, and Joshua of Plugable, please tune in to www.twitch.tv/topclack at 11 am PST tomorrow morning July 22nd. I'll be manning the cameras and other things so you may catch a glimpse of me.   

Also, I probably won't be responding to any messages after tonight, so if you message me then, you won't get a reply till earliest Monday.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:50:58 »
UPDATE

Hey guys, just wanted to leave a short update before a very busy weekend. I've gotten quite a few weights bubble wrapped and ready to go, not as many as I had hoped. I'm trying to get the packing done first before I send out an invoice, so I'm not holding on to anymore money for any longer. Refunds of some form are still being negotiated.

In other news I'm waiting to meet with the manufacturer in person for more discussion/negotiation and hand offs. He's not certain he can properly re-surface the stainless steels so trying to figure out what to do there.

For those who are going to the Seattle Meetup this Saturday, please PM me so I know to just bring your weight to you. For all those interested in catching presentations from Binge, The Van Keyboards, Jchan, and Joshua of Plugable, please tune in to www.twitch.tv/topclack at 11 am PST tomorrow morning July 22nd. I'll be manning the cameras and other things so you may catch a glimpse of me.   

Also, I probably won't be responding to any messages after tonight, so if you message me then, you won't get a reply till earliest Monday.

Thanks for the update!  :thumb:
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 16:54:13 »
Hey Merlin, #2 would be my first option and #1 if anything else. Thanks for your effort in this! :thumb:
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:51:40 »
UPDATE

Hey guys, manufacturer found some time to pick weights up last night. If you haven't messaged me yet, good news you're getting a brushed weight. Hopefully we'll get it sooner rather than later.

For the rest of you option 1-ers, shipping this week, expect to see invoices!

Also for those who were watching the meetup on live stream yesterday, I apologize for the really crappy video quality. For some reason our main camera failed to be detected by OBS. Combination of things led to the errors. Someone tripped over our HDMI->USB adapter box and possibly damaged it. Laptop we were using for streaming was also fairly funky, as things were working better on different laptop. Anyway for those interested you can catch it on www.twitch.tv/topclack

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 15:08:26 »
Paid for shipping  :thumb:
Invoice arrived at the old email but I was able to switch accounts without a problem.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 15:12:07 »
UPDATE

Invoices starting to go out! Please check your addresses! I'm prioritizing US shipments first still as you international orderers are a teeny bit more complex. Regardless, these are only the people who messaged me about option 1. Everyone else, we still got some time to go.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 15:14:24 »
LOL looks like I made a mistake there, Kawasaki I'll be sending you another invoice to make up the difference in shipping price.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 15:17:27 »
LOL looks like I made a mistake there, Kawasaki I'll be sending you another invoice to make up the difference in shipping price.

I was wondering at first, but just assumed you found a good deal :|  Either way, shoot me that invoice (maybe even to the correct email this time :P )

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 15:26:37 »
I apologize, I've only gone on the emails provided when the GB opened.

Please send me a PM with your new email and I'll update things on my end.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:52:42 »
UPDATE

Option #1 orders slowly but surely trickling out. I'd like to remind you all again that you can check your status at the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ZTdXHJeYWyP5zFY4IrgfYe7uUm-DjkqyLiN3JJEri8/edit?usp=sharing

In terms of Option #2 orders....manufacturer still working on them but the good news is that I may have overreacted, the "scratches" are being buffed out successfully...so I hear. I should be getting pics sometime soon to see if the buffing is acceptable or if the resurfacing truly is necessary. The marks around the screw holes are being fixed regardless.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 10:03:43 »
Thanks for the update Merlin! Really appreciate your efforts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline breitling

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 11:13:24 »
Paid, thanks Merlin!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 12:08:06 »
If we didn't contact you in time for Option1, I assume those peeps are placed into option 2 then?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 19:12:31 »
You are correct!

UPDATE

In the meantime, I have nearly finished shipping with all Option 1ers. Still waiting on some invoices to be paid though. I'm super excited as I found just the right shaped box for all these things!

In the meantime, for all you who have already received your weights, please comment over here to give people your opinions please!!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 04:39:50 »
You are correct!

UPDATE

In the meantime, I have nearly finished shipping with all Option 1ers. Still waiting on some invoices to be paid though. I'm super excited as I found just the right shaped box for all these things!

In the meantime, for all you who have already received your weights, please comment over here to give people your opinions please!!

Just got mine, looks awesome, can't wait to clean it up and throw it in.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 02:05:18 »
Wait, we got invoices? I'll be paying soon (should get my paycheck after the weekend). :thumb:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline megaforce

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 11:01:26 »
I don't have my blackbird any longer, so if anyone is interested in taking over my brass engraved weight, please let me know. (As long as mechmerlin is okay with it)
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #272 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 15:37:54 »
Wait, we got invoices? I'll be paying soon (should get my paycheck after the weekend). :thumb:

LOL yes you did! Just option 1ers right now.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 13:34:20 »

LOL yes you did! Just option 1ers right now.
Looking forward to it. :D
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 12:06:06 »
UPDATE

Apologies to the last two Option 1ers, I've run out of boxes and am desperately finding similar ones. Your packages should be shipped out soon.

In other news, the refinished ones should be here next week. I'll take photos again. For all you option 1ers who have already received your packages, please comment here regarding your thoughts.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 18:00:55 »
Hi Merlin,

a friend of mine picked mine up from customs today. Overall i'm quite happy with it and already built it into my orion. Typing feels different and much smoother now!

Sadly I can't find the screws you sent, which is probably due to the fact that my friend who picked it up from customs had to open it there and thew the box away. Luckily I had one extra screw from assemlbling my orion, so the weight is now held in place by a single screw until I get around to buy a set of new screws.

Thank you for running the group buy!

Cheers kacase.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 19:10:47 »
Hi Merlin,

a friend of mine picked mine up from customs today. Overall i'm quite happy with it and already built it into my orion. Typing feels different and much smoother now!

Sadly I can't find the screws you sent, which is probably due to the fact that my friend who picked it up from customs had to open it there and thew the box away. Luckily I had one extra screw from assemlbling my orion, so the weight is now held in place by a single screw until I get around to buy a set of new screws.

Cheers kacase.

Thanks for checking in kacase! The screws are in a small bag, taped to the packaging used to wrap the weight in. Look around your packaging, it should be there. Holding it down with 1 screw is quite scary.....I hope nothing bad happens.

Offline boo

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 01:56:35 »
Hi Merlin,

Cheers kacase.

Thanks for checking in kacase! The screws are in a small bag, taped to the packaging used to wrap the weight in. Look around your packaging, it should be there. Holding it down with 1 screw is quite scary.....I hope nothing bad happens.
Hey Merlin, is there any Orion weight that no one wanted by any chance? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 02:03:27 »
Hi Merlin,

Cheers kacase.

As the weight only rests on the aluminium base, I think the worst thing that could happen is that my 4kg Orion falls trough my desk.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:30:53 »
Hi Merlin,

Cheers kacase.

Hey Merlin, is there any Orion weight that no one wanted by any chance? Thanks!

A few people have mentioned selling theirs on this thread, you'll have to dig through though.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:31:23 »
Hi Merlin,

Cheers kacase.

As the weight only rests on the aluminium base, I think the worst thing that could happen is that my 4kg Orion falls trough my desk.

I do not offer refunds for desk breakage.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:42:34 »
Hi Merlin,

Cheers kacase.

lol gotta have dense wood like African Blackwood for looks and durability :D
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:47:27 »
Ok honestly though....did you guys really feel a difference in weight? The blackbird weight has gotta be one of the lightest weights I've ever seen. It's lighter than the Octagon V2 one, and definitely lighter than the Orion V2

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:21:37 »
i do definitively notice a difference in weight and also in the typing feeling, as vibrations are reduced. My orion v2 is now even nicer.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:52:13 »
Any updates on the option 2 weights? Are they in transit to you yet or still at the factory?

My opinion on the actual weight of the weight is irrelevant. I have a huge SS weight in my TX87 and it's so heavy it's almost impractical. The Orion V2 w/ alu base makes the board plenty heavy enough and the weight is more 'bling factor' than anything else.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 17:14:33 »
Option 2 coming soon! Hopefully this weekend. Will do official update when it comes in.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 17:59:10 »
Ok honestly though....did you guys really feel a difference in weight? The blackbird weight has gotta be one of the lightest weights I've ever seen. It's lighter than the Octagon V2 one, and definitely lighter than the Orion V2

Went from 1880g to 23xxg, not insanely noticeable but whatever, at least now it's more than just 20g heavier than my 60%, haha.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:01:05 »
Wow, what 60% do you have?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:05:02 »

It doesn't have a name yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
More info here, I've been lazy recently so no real updates since around forever (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87618.msg2361401#msg2361401)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:14:39 »

It doesn't have a name yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
More info here, I've been lazy recently so no real updates since around forever (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87618.msg2361401#msg2361401)

Looks very Duck Eagle inspired, but with the usb port in a standard position (hallelujah!!). Would buy!

Offline E3E

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:16:08 »
The mention of tungsten weights inspired me to get one for my Orion on my own:

Though, I've switched the key caps to these lately:

Yeah, it's almost 10 lbs, but honestly... I don't think weight is all THAT important. It's pretty crazy how heavy it is. I'm using a carbon fiber plate though, which shaves a significant amount of weight off compared to the original stainless steel plate.

The switches are Alps and the caps are PBT as well, so that's a tad bit heavier compared to MX and ABS.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:19:26 »
LOL uses carbon fiber plate to save on weight.....puts in tungsten weight....

Sweet you got it done! How much did it end up costing you?

Offline E3E

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:20:31 »
LOL uses carbon fiber plate to save on weight.....puts in tungsten weight....

Sweet you got it done! How much did it end up costing you?

More than I want to admit, haha.

Yeah, well I actually like how carbon fiber feels as a plate material!  :)) I had to make up for that shaved weight by using tungsten, of course!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:23:29 »
Well not many can say they have Tungsten as a weight in their keyboard. I only have tungsten on my ring finger.

Glad you got it done, and that does look pretty awesome. It's not as grandiose a display of opulence as one might think. Next up, gold plated case!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 23:47:58 »
UPDATE

Weights are innn!!! And OMG they look fabulous!! Looks like all they really needed was some polishing. But these are nice and shiny!! I've only opened up 3, so I guess you all know what I'll be busy doing these next few days.

Offline techfresh

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 01:56:45 »
UPDATE

Weights are innn!!! And OMG they look fabulous!! Looks like all they really needed was some polishing. But these are nice and shiny!! I've only opened up 3, so I guess you all know what I'll be busy doing these next few days.
Pics!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 08:55:27 »
UPDATE

Hnnnnnggg
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 09:54:08 »
Ayyyy can't wait

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 16:40:26 »
Sweet!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 09:55:49 »
Finally picked up my package today. Was waiting at the post office for close to a week now.

Layers upon layers of bubble wrap wrapped in brown packing paper.

Slightly dirty but nothing a bit of soap can't clean.

Sweet!

Keyboard weighs 3579 grams right now and it's noticeably heavier. Definitely hard to pick up with a single hand now. :P
Used to be a little less than 3 Kg.

There are some machine marks on the back and around a few of the screws but honestly I don't care. It's great knowing it is there and it feels like a good finish to this board.
More

So I'll just say thanks Merlin!
|||My other keyboards :
More
x