Author Topic: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors  (Read 154637 times)

Re: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:03:21 »
There is a simple way to run this with kits. [...]

It's times like this that I prefer the reddit format - so **** like this can be downvoted to oblivion.

There are infinite ways to structure a GB, and OP chose this one. (What fireworm did is another example.) He already stated multiple times that he does not want to put in the effort to change the format at the moment. While this format might not be to your liking, it clearly works for a lot of people. Your incessant whining isn't productive. You are welcome to build a GB on top of his or coordinate kits some other way, but judging by the multiple efforts to do so (on different platforms throughout the entire duration of this buy) that have more or less failed so far, it's not as easy or as necessary as what you might think.

Kits have been asked by many persons. Many kits hailed because people don't know what keys are necessary for a set.

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:06:43 »
There is a simple way to run this with kits. [...]

It's times like this that I prefer the reddit format - so **** like this can be downvoted to oblivion.

There are infinite ways to structure a GB, and OP chose this one. (What fireworm did is another example.) He already stated multiple times that he does not want to put in the effort to change the format at the moment. While this format might not be to your liking, it clearly works for a lot of people. Your incessant whining isn't productive. You are welcome to build a GB on top of his or coordinate kits some other way, but judging by the multiple efforts to do so (on different platforms throughout the entire duration of this buy) that have more or less failed so far, it's not as easy or as necessary as what you might think.

Yep.  And no one can say 'you copied my colors!' with blanks.  :p

Let me tell you, it's a ton of extra work to: make kits, validate kits are compatible and cheap and useful (40's, Ergodox, Ortho, etc.), run the calcs for totals, find errors in the calcs, fix the calcs, make images for folks to understand the kits, run an IC / polling, make calls / people upset, run another IC to validate there's still enough interest, create an easier way to buy caps (shopify store / google form), work with proxies in different continents on updating their shops with your kits, collect payments, order the caps w/ your proxies in other countries, get the caps, sort the caps into the kits, THEN package them, validate orders, etc.  It's a lot of work. 

scud80's SA buy was fine; he spent a month sorting caps.  I can see why he wouldn't change anything in his GB format (there are interesting trade offs), and especially when it's already underway.

Well, extra work?????? A buy with kits can be sorted by gmk.

Offline piit79

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:11:53 »

Well, extra work?????? A buy with kits can be sorted by gmk.

Come on. The prices would then be quite different I'm sure. It would be a much more conventional GB. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but the idea of this one was a bit different.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:13:54 »
Kits have been asked by many persons. Many kits hailed because people don't know what keys are necessary for a set.

People don't bother checking what keys are necessary so you ask OP to do the job for you?

Alright, I'm feeling like a nice guy today so if you ask me I will tell you what keys you need. But please spare OP from this.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 01:31:23 »
Here's my shill for L9 (beige alpha) 2.25u and 2.75u convex spacebars. I'll be buying up to MOQ, so if you were on the edge, prices should be normal ($1.40ea iirc).
Thank you! I'll add a couple of those to my order...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 06:22:01 »

People don't bother checking what keys are necessary so you ask OP to do the job for you?

Alright, I'm feeling like a nice guy today so if you ask me I will tell you what keys you need. But please spare OP from this.

In reality he already did. Didn't you check the spreadsheet?

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 08:51:38 »
You are the realest bro. I was buying some already just to go with the Hangul L9 set. My man Xondat is the truth.

Here's my shill for L9 (beige alpha) 2.25u and 2.75u convex spacebars. I'll be buying up to MOQ, so if you were on the edge, prices should be normal ($1.40ea iirc).

Offline deacon

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 11:14:22 »
Deep dish in CR are SO close! I can do 8 and add a blank set of CR just for grins if this helps getting to MOQ.

Never mind, N9 2u spacebars are falling and I REALLY want those.

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:09:48 by deacon »

Offline K

• stop trying to reset my password... use a VPN
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 11:50:07 »
Will finally be able to finish off the extra function keys on my 65% with right profile key caps. I'm really anal about the keys saying what they actually so I've just got row 4 blanks on all of them. Shame about the colours though, hopefully WS1 is close enough to the 2M hyperfuse uses. Will be picking up a couple extra accent colour keys for my gaming habits, hopefully get the shine to be equal on all the keys. Also no one wants 1.25 Row 4 keys in anything that isn't black... :(

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:26:25 »
Deep dish in CR are SO close! I can do 8 and add a blank set of CR just for grins if this helps getting to MOQ.

Falling? They are currently at MOQ. They were actually 2 below MOQ just a few hours ago. Unless of course you added enough to put them over MOQ

Offline piit79

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:31:57 »

Falling? They are currently at MOQ. They were actually 2 below MOQ just a few hours ago. Unless of course you added enough to put them over MOQ
Guys, it doesn't matter all that much if they are 10 or 15% (or even more) below MOQ. It just means we will have to pay 10 or 15% (or whatever) more and get proportionally more keys.

In other words, we will collectively buy up the remaining keys to get to MOQ.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline piit79

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:36:46 »
i should have mentioned this in the update, but the 1.25u spacebar is definitely not happening, so if you're one of the people with those still on your order please remove them.
By the way, what time will you be locking the sheet? I want to make some last minute additions ;)

It’s a shame R3 1.25u keys are so unusual, I was hoping to cover a UT-47. That wasn't a great design decision on their part... DY was reasonable at one point but then people pulled out.

Offline scud80

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 13:03:53 »
The sheet will lock at 11pm PDT (~12hrs from when I post this).

Offline KevinSanToast

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 21:56:04 »
Welllll, quantities for R1 & R3 1.5u in CR just plummeted.. That's unfortunate. :[

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 22:23:20 »
Welllll, quantities for R1 & R3 1.5u in CR just plummeted.. That's unfortunate. :[

yeah not sure what happened there :eek: guess I'll double down, if I'm going to be stuck with 9 R1 I might as well go for few complete sets

Not one step back CRomrades

edit: this is looking pretty bad. Honestly I'm not sure the buy will end satisfactorily for anyone if it closes the way it is now, but I don't have $300 to blow on blanks right now
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 April 2019, 22:45:22 by Rayndalf »

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 23:03:18 »
I must've set my fulfillment to EU accidentally.  I am in the US.  It looks like I can't make the change though.

Offline scud80

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 23:43:34 »
I must've set my fulfillment to EU accidentally.  I am in the US.  It looks like I can't make the change though.

ok, i changed it.

regarding CR 1.5u row 1/3, i'm planning to front the necessary amount to keep them at 30+ each (so 5x the price ... not great but only needing 2 per set isn't terrible) unless they drop below 22, at which point i'd probably just use row 2 instead of those like i'm doing with WS1.  though if others want to help that would obviously be appreciated :)

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 00:10:47 »
Thanks man!

Offline Karni

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 00:17:31 »
man, sucks that ws1 2u spacebars plummeted. guess it means we just gotta pay more :/

Offline vegs

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 01:24:01 »
Ended up at $140 for a full TKL set of CR + 2.75u/2.25u spacebars + extras. Not too bad.

Also the fact that just 15 people picked up R4 2.75u (right shift) boggles my mind :'(
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline peej

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 01:56:39 »
So what happened to row1 1.5u CR? I go to bed and wake up this morning to find everyone has pulled out and my whole order has doubled in price? I just can't justify the price for a few blanks anymore but now the sheet is locked.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 03:40:39 »
So what happened to row1 1.5u CR? I go to bed and wake up this morning to find everyone has pulled out and my whole order has doubled in price? I just can't justify the price for a few blanks anymore but now the sheet is locked.
Yeah, I really don't know how the CR 1.5 mods dropped so hard, part of me wishes I stuck with it, but I don't have an ergodox yet so I guess I'll wait for Oblivion Assembly 

Any chance I can add a couple more keys to my order... covering an XD75 is more annoying than I thought and I think a couple of my quantities were too low.

Offline K

• stop trying to reset my password... use a VPN
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 03:54:22 »
Thank god mine's only gone up a couple cents, price was already getting a bit crazy for just some cool accent colours and correct rows. But the real test of whose going to actually pay their invoices when they've seen that other keys haven't hit MOQ and are now hundreds of dollars, is still to come :(

Offline deacon

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 07:52:24 »
Thank you Scud80, this GB allowed me to get the Planck adapter kits that I've been wanting for years.

Offline Icte

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 10:12:02 »

Shoot, I missed to add a full CR Planck kit (12x Row 2 1U; 10x Row 3 1U + 2x Row 3 1U Bar; 22x Row 4 1U + 4x Row 4 1U Spacebar + 2x Row 4 2U Spacebar). Is it too late to make any last-minute additions at this point?

Also, I see that there are 141 CR Row 2 1U Bar - does this mean they will not be produced? Or is the limit for these under 150?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 10:19:53 »
Also, I see that there are 141 CR Row 2 1U Bar - does this mean they will not be produced? Or is the limit for these under 150?

Everything will be produced, you just pay slightly more, and if you ordered a big enough percentage of that 141, you'll get a couple extra or whatever.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #276 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 10:33:28 »

Shoot, I missed to add a full CR Planck kit (12x Row 2 1U; 10x Row 3 1U + 2x Row 3 1U Bar; 22x Row 4 1U + 4x Row 4 1U Spacebar + 2x Row 4 2U Spacebar). Is it too late to make any last-minute additions at this point?

Yeah, some last minute adjustments would be nice, but only if they are additions not subtractions.

I bought a bunch of TU2 blanks for my Preonic clone, but forgot to add a 2u spacebar. Woops!  :eek:

Offline Icte

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 13:40:23 »

Agreed. Hopefully the order sheet has not been sent yet..

Yeah, some last minute adjustments would be nice, but only if they are additions not subtractions.

I bought a bunch of TU2 blanks for my Preonic clone, but forgot to add a 2u spacebar. Woops!  :eek:

Offline scud80

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 19:15:59 »
I'm working on updates to remove quantities that people didn't take the time to do themselves.  Most people that have commented publicly have been very positive regarding this buy, but it's still a little disheartening to have so many people that couldn't even take 1 minute to delete their values.  I feel like I posted a *lot* of updates for this, and while it was a little more complicated than the usual "click button, pay money" GB it wasn't really all the complex.  Anyways, my thanks to those that have spoken in support.  It's much appreciated.

If you have further changes you want to make (additions only unless prices have changed due to edits I'm making) then send me an email at scud80@gmail.com.  I'm currently doing the changes on the "Order Form updates" and quantities are reflected in the "Current Quantities updates" tabs.  I'm incorporating changes mentioned in this thread so far.

Of note: since CR R1 1.5u has dropped to 20 currently I can't afford to support R1/R3 1.5u with personal additions.  i'm keeping mine on there unless they drop further due to changes i'm making.  they're at $10/$8 each currently.

I'll probably be sending PMs or emails if I can't tell whether or not someone is likely to be a non-payer based on the order.  I simply eliminated all orders where the actual number of pieces being paid for was more than 10x the number desired.  If you fall into this category but actually wanted to pay for these (and thus are no longer on the "Order Form updates" sheet, send me an email.

Offline Icte

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 04:49:58 »
I'm working on updates to remove quantities that people didn't take the time to do themselves.  Most people that have commented publicly have been very positive regarding this buy, but it's still a little disheartening to have so many people that couldn't even take 1 minute to delete their values.  I feel like I posted a *lot* of updates for this, and while it was a little more complicated than the usual "click button, pay money" GB it wasn't really all the complex.  Anyways, my thanks to those that have spoken in support.  It's much appreciated.

If you have further changes you want to make (additions only unless prices have changed due to edits I'm making) then send me an email at scud80@gmail.com.  I'm currently doing the changes on the "Order Form updates" and quantities are reflected in the "Current Quantities updates" tabs.  I'm incorporating changes mentioned in this thread so far.

Of note: since CR R1 1.5u has dropped to 20 currently I can't afford to support R1/R3 1.5u with personal additions.  i'm keeping mine on there unless they drop further due to changes i'm making.  they're at $10/$8 each currently.

I'll probably be sending PMs or emails if I can't tell whether or not someone is likely to be a non-payer based on the order.  I simply eliminated all orders where the actual number of pieces being paid for was more than 10x the number desired.  If you fall into this category but actually wanted to pay for these (and thus are no longer on the "Order Form updates" sheet, send me an email.

e-mail sent requesting additional CR keycaps! Thanks for your great work!!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 05:21:53 »
Thanks for your work :thumb:

Informal-ish request - since I’m basically buying up to MOQ for L9 2.25/2.75 convex spacebars, is it possible to let me know when everyone else has paid and I can adjust my amount as needed? Understand if too much work.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 07:18:36 »

Informal-ish request - since I’m basically buying up to MOQ for L9 2.25/2.75 convex spacebars, is it possible to let me know when everyone else has paid and I can adjust my amount as needed? Understand if too much work.

So it's thanks to you that L9 split spacebars is still an option? Thanks, xondat!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 07:50:04 »

So it's thanks to you that L9 split spacebars is still an option? Thanks, xondat!

I guess! I was going to contact GMK and buy 150 of each but this works well, less for me to buy haha.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 12:47:22 »
I guess! I was going to contact GMK and buy 150 of each but this works well, less for me to buy haha.

Just WHAT KIND of keyboard are you trying to do with so many 2.25U and 2.75U key caps?

Suddenly, the "orthoandré" atrocity I designed doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 13:35:17 »

Just WHAT KIND of keyboard are you trying to do with so many 2.25U and 2.75U key caps?

Suddenly, the "orthoandré" atrocity I designed doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore...  ;D ;D ;D

Gosh no - I just wanted a few sets of beige split convex spacebars to pair with a board I might do in the future, but it'll also be helpful for actual builds.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 14:13:44 »

Gosh no - I just wanted a few sets of beige split convex spacebars to pair with a board I might do in the future, but it'll also be helpful for actual builds.
You totally need to create a WTS page on deskthority for people order the extra bars from you individually.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline scud80

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 20:50:40 »
Sorry for the delays in getting changes made guys.  I ended up having a lot more stuff going on AFK this weekend than I had anticipated.  I'll try to have most of it done by tomorrow evening.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 01:34:02 »
Sorry for the delays in getting changes made guys.  I ended up having a lot more stuff going on AFK this weekend than I had anticipated.  I'll try to have most of it done by tomorrow evening.

A little delay on a personal past time, no harm done. I think i speak for most, if not all of us when I say thanks for putting this together scud80.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 11:49:20 »
I think a good way to see GMK 1.25u spacebars is to ask/beg/plead Oblotzky to add them to Oblivion v2. That set should have no trouble pushing past the MOQ needed.

Here's the link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99174.msg2756485#msg2756485

Peace

Offline jihadu

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 07:13:45 »
Have any of you been invoiced yet?

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 08:45:06 »
No invoice yet but I'm guessing OP is just busy. It'll come soon enough.
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline scud80

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 19:45:35 »
May 1 Update

I've done all the updates to the sheet that I think are correct.  Please check your rows on the "Order Form updates" tab of the sheet to make sure everything looks ok to you.  I removed all keys that had 10 or fewer total requested.  Also, there are 22 people whose orders are for 10 or fewer caps, and a few of these might raise prices slightly if they end up not paying.  If it's only a couple of people I'll just cover their orders myself.  I can still add caps if you need some added, in which case you should email me at scud80@gmail.com, but please no reductions unless prices have changed significantly.

I'll give everybody until Friday morning my time to check and see if it all looks good, and then I'll plan to begin invoicing on Friday evening unless further changes require checking in with people.  Thanks for your patience!

Also, a quick plug for my next project.  After this order has been placed and paid for with GMK I'm going to do a small GB for a DCS Ergodox/Planck mod set in Camping colors.  DCS is close enough to Cherry that it should look fine.  It'll be a bit over $50 (for 50 caps) if I can get 25 sets ordered.  If you don't have GMK Camping, then an additional 40-key double-shot alphanumerics kit (0-9, A-Z, 4 punctuation) will be available starting at about $30.  No regular mods/novelties/numpad/etc will be offered.  If you'd be interested in that send me a pm and I can let you know when I launch it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2019, 20:08:06 by scud80 »

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 08:23:37 »
my order is correct, thank you  :thumb:

Offline teamrushpntball

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 12:02:51 »
I'm in for my measly 8 cap order.  Thanks

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 12:07:43 »
Any plan to do blank SA in the future?  I'm looking for a few 1.5U in Carbon colors, and the blank Ergodox kit is very hard to come by...

Offline jihadu

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 12:28:08 »
Neat

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:09:58 »
Hey Scud80, I'm happy with my order price.

Can you confirm whether or not I'll receive additional keycaps when I pay extra to get the cap produced. Thanks
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:12:33 by RominRonin »

Offline scud80

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 19:40:47 »
Hey Scud80, I'm happy with my order price.

Can you confirm whether or not I'll receive additional keycaps when I pay extra to get the cap produced. Thanks

probably; if you scroll to the right on your rows there's an "actual pieces" column which shows how many you'll get.  that one is rounded down, but if you have multiple types that are above the 150 tier price then you might get a couple extra due to the leftover fractions.

Offline scud80

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 19:43:10 »
Any plan to do blank SA in the future?  I'm looking for a few 1.5U in Carbon colors, and the blank Ergodox kit is very hard to come by...

i did blank SA last year.  i might do it again ... undecided at this point.  it likely wouldn't be until early next year though.