Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 274970 times)

Offline forevermadrigal

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 03:49:52 »
Hmm, not quite what I was expecting to hear :-[ hopefully the Shopify situation can resolve. We need this board!!

Offline SBN

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 05:04:42 »
Fingers crossed, that you can figure something out with Shopify!

Offline sroop

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 07:29:42 »
I appreciate all the work that you do, BR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stepstone82

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 07:43:21 »
I am also one of those 5 invoiced. and already paid.
I hope you can solve out with shopify

Offline schlep

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 07:49:40 »
Are you giving yourself an ultimatum on when you going to decide to cancel the GB altogether?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 07:53:46 »
If you have the money to do FCFS, you should always do that option. You said in your post that it limits the number you can do to 25, but that's no different than the other GB's you've run. It takes the high risk away from everyone but yourself. But if you're running a business, you should be willing and able to take risks as it is.

Doing FCFS is a win for all of your customers. If everything goes well, you do a R2 and sell another 25 then.

Offline jumpmineralwater

• jumpmineralwater IG
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 07:55:25 »
Thanks for the update. Appreciate your effort in this :thumb:

Offline Carlobv

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:26:52 »
If you have the money to do FCFS, you should always do that option. You said in your post that it limits the number you can do to 25, but that's no different than the other GB's you've run. It takes the high risk away from everyone but yourself. But if you're running a business, you should be willing and able to take risks as it is.

Doing FCFS is a win for all of your customers. If everything goes well, you do a R2 and sell another 25 then.

The only issue with this (outside of capital required) would be the customization options.

He would either have to limit customization or potentially keep unsold inventory if stuff like extra pcbs go unsold.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:30:11 »

The only issue with this (outside of capital required) would be the customization options.

He would either have to limit customization or potentially keep unsold inventory if stuff like extra pcbs go unsold.

I will purchase only black/silver kits or something to that effect if that happens, in terms of inventory I might have extra PCBs and plates, but probably not extra housings.

I am also one of those 5 invoiced. and already paid.
I hope you can solve out with shopify

If we ever do fail to get Shopify/PayPal settled in time I'll definitely try to accommodate the first 5 of you within reason.

Contrary to popular belief I'm not running it as a business as I have other IRL obligations, if you check the site we are only doing proxies/GBs and we have lost some $ on some of the buys so far. With regards to buying kits ahead of time, I do have some reservations. To put this into perspective, I dumped the entirety of my savings into the Canoe GB when my business PayPal account was frozen, which led to me selling off a couple of things and drawing from my wife's account to pay for my school fees. I have no interest in running a R2, and this is frankly my last keyboard GB no matter how successful it'll turn out to be. I hope this clarifies my hesitance to dump a huge sum of my $ into production without having sold a single kit beforehand :)

For the participants, if we do go ahead with me buying some kits ahead of time I will limit purchases to those on the winner's list, I hope this helps.

Are you giving yourself an ultimatum on when you going to decide to cancel the GB altogether?
We're waiting till the weekend. I've been discussing with thesis how we should best approach it, and we both agree that waiting a bit more will be more beneficial for everyone.

Thanks for your understanding everyone, and I'm really sorry that this happened in the middle of the buy. Well, at least most of you have not paid so it's not as bad...?  :-X

« Last Edit: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:34:05 by beamingrobot »
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:32:45 »
I really hope Shopify issue gets settled, I was really looking forward for this GB :(

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 09:16:13 »
Oh man, thanks for the update! Hopefully this gets sorted out.
This is definitely the most anticipated board for me this year and that
coupled with the fact that it's your last gb is making me pray it goes
through well...

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 10:07:56 »
Oh man, first GB keyboard, really hope Shopify gets back to you and lets us proceed.  Please let us know if we can help at all.  Sometimes reaching out on social media can also help speed things up.  :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 11:26:57 »
Thanks beaming for the transparency regarding the invoicing and the troubles of running a GB. I appreciate all the effort you have put towards this GB. I hope things work out because this board looks amazing and will probably be amazing if its ever in my hands. 

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 16:51:15 »
Have you looked into using Square for invoicing? They have a fee similar to paypal, but the only thing I didn't find was anything that mentioned buyer protection, but I think it's still worth looking into :thumb: hope that helps!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 22:15:22 »
wow that sucks. was really hoping to get this one. -.- hope it can pull through. cash ready if you do fcfs.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 22:22:25 »
Hope you can find a way to accept payment if the Shopify thing does not come through... payment ready !!!

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 23:13:02 »
Hope you can find a way to accept payment if the Shopify thing does not come through... payment ready !!!

+1

Kudos to awesome transparent communication.  That on top of the past GBs that were exemplary -> much trustworthiness!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 23:57:23 »
Speaking for myself atleast, if this goes down the path of beaming having to buy a few units and sell FCFS to the winners, I have no problem pre-paying directly to beaming's personal paypal to get a unit - I dont really care for the buyer protection from paypal/shopify. Although I'm new to the community, looking at beaming's past work - I have no reluctance trusting him.   

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 00:10:56 »
Speaking for myself atleast, if this goes down the path of beaming having to buy a few units and sell FCFS to the winners, I have no problem pre-paying directly to beaming's personal paypal to get a unit - I dont really care for the buyer protection from paypal/shopify. Although I'm new to the community, looking at beaming's past work - I have no reluctance trusting him.   

likewise

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 00:47:30 »

likewise

+1

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:04:15 »

likewise

+1

+2 😂

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:10:54 »

likewise

+1

+2 😂

+ all the numbers :blank:

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:23:16 »
Uh, let's not be hasty about disregarding buyer protection. We will definitely try out best to find a solution that benefits the buyers. While the hype might be great now and we're all ok with deferring buyer protection, 4 months down the road it'll be highly possible some of us might not feel the same way again.

On another note, PayPal has been notified about the possible running of this GB using my business account. They will reply in 48 hours if it's acceptable and we will see how it goes. Thanks again for all your patience.

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:24:37 »
Uh, let's not be hasty about disregarding buyer protection. We will definitely try out best to find a solution that benefits the buyers. While the hype might be great now and we're all ok with deferring buyer protection, 4 months down the road it'll be highly possible some of us might not feel the same way again.

On another note, PayPal has been notified about the possible running of this GB using my business account. They will reply in 48 hours if it's acceptable and we will see how it goes. Thanks again for all your patience.

Thanks for the update, beaming!  Good luck with everything!  ;D

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:50:30 »

I appreciate you trying your best to find a solution for us.  I mean, you could have just said I don't want the headache and cancel the GB all together.

"Life is short, only join GB from a reputable and responsible vendor"   :p

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 12:38:18 »

Thanks for the update! Crossing my fingers...paypal please approve this!

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 16:17:24 »
Thanks for the update! Crossing my fingers...paypal please approve this!

+1

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 16:27:44 »

Let’s go PayPal!!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 17:22:51 »
well hopefully in 48-72 hours well know something. thanks for keeping us up to speed.

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:39:30 »

Hope this works out! Crossing my fingers!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 03:15:44 »
hehe, PP for the rescue... I wonder why shopify hasn't responded yet though. They aren't some shoddy business afaik, are they?
Should be big enough to respond in due notice. Also Canada based, or not?

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 16:23:38 »
Just checking in, has paypal replied regarding this yet?

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 17:11:27 »
any updates? hope to hear some good news :P

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 18:25:28 »
Holy ****, I forgot about this and am totally in! I might need to make a slight color change,how should I go about doing it? Via the Google doc?

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 18:36:16 »
Holy ****, I forgot about this and am totally in! I might need to make a slight color change,how should I go about doing it? Via the Google doc?

Oh, if you haven't checked in with this in a while you should know that there's a possibility that the GB will be cancelled.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 19:07:16 »
The raffle is over, and the winners were picked. And this may not happen, as beaming's Shopify account got put on hold. Read the last couple of pages of the thread...
Right now those who got in are holding thier breath and hoping that this can be resolved and the gb will actually happen ....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 20:14:11 »
The raffle is over, and the winners were picked. And this may not happen, as beaming's Shopify account got put on hold. Read the last couple of pages of the thread...
Right now those who got in are holding thier breath and hoping that this can be resolved and the gb will actually happen ....

I see that now. I'm just glad that I didn't miss an invoice! Here's hoping that it all gets resolved and I get a Grail board!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 20:55:38 »

Me too sir... Me too... All fingers , and toes crossed !!!

I see that now. I'm just glad that I didn't miss an invoice! Here's hoping that it all gets resolved and I get a Grail board!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 23:54:15 »
Some good news, Shopify has unlocked our payment account, apparently it was put on hold as we had a product that was linked to an anime? anime companies smh

invoicing to restart in about 24 hours, I'm working through your changes and will have it reflected on the Google sheet before I send out the invoices, appreciate your patience so far, we are all back on track :)

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 23:56:33 »
Some good news, Shopify has unlocked our payment account, apparently it was put on hold as we had a product that was linked to an anime? anime companies smh

invoicing to restart in about 24 hours, I'm working through your changes and will have it reflected on the Google sheet before I send out the invoices, appreciate your patience so far, we are all back on track :)

Fantastic news. Can’t wait to pay my invoice and get this gb moving forward.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 23:56:49 »

Whoo hooo !!!! This is awesome news !
I had a few changes and additions.. will keep an eye on the Google sheet...
So happy right now !!!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:01:37 »
Oh yea, IIRC 1-2 people pulled out, which is fine since we have not invoiced everyone. Will be bumping people up tonight once I'm home.

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:05:29 »

Glad to hear this!
I'm almost crying in my work after hearing that it's happening lol  :p

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:06:41 »
Hell yeah! I will PM my updates tomorrow morning. Thanks for making this happen!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:17:35 »
This news has made my entire week. I'm super excited for this and I'm so happy that it's finally happening!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:22:16 »
Anyone know what layouts we can use with this pcb?

Offline SBN

[GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:27:51 »
Glad to hear the Shopify issue is resolved!

@beamingrobot, do you have a render or photo of the WKL version?

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 00:40:03 »

Glad to hear this!
I'm almost crying in my work after hearing that it's happening lol  :p

Nice~

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 04:50:55 »
WKL:

Offline regionfree

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 04:57:02 »
WKL:

Show Image

I heard the owner of that Kira80 is a very handsome fella.