Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 276423 times)

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #800 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 06:27:58 »
since the logo isn't visible from the outside I really wouldn't mind that

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #801 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 07:27:01 »
Don’t really care about the plate either, gonna be using something else anyways :p

Offline ullr

« Reply #802 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 07:51:27 »
Logo is nbd to me

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #803 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 08:06:00 »
oh man at this point the only option we got will be to stick with the flipped logo I guess... geez it sucks that zfrontier never respond to anyone like wtf they even doing lmao. if they can't handle too much, then they shouldn't receive those offers to start with. if you are able to reach zfrontier, i definitely want to ask for refund tho, if not, i will just stick with the flipped logo on the plate. but how are you gonna do about the anodizing issue? they seriously off like having two totally different colors when they are supposed to be a single one (pearl blue and violet)

Offline enfer

« Reply #804 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 11:31:55 »
I really don't care about the mistake, i want to received board right now also.
But who are in article is not only the people of all participants. If you willing to accept the mistake, should be done after survey or other reaction.

I hope to be settled this problem be fair way to all participants. 

And I wonder why they didn't send it to 'thisiscamper' before change the plate design?
If they did, it won't be.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #805 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 12:04:09 »
Would prefer to get the cutout fixed, though I don't mind if it remains flipped. here's to hoping for a polycarb KIRA in the future.

I also kind of doubt accepting the plates as they are will speed things up significantly. From zf's last updates some boards were missing plates altogether, and the case colours seem like the bigger issue.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #806 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 13:06:35 »
I really don't care about the mistake, i want to received board right now also.
But who are in article is not only the people of all participants. If you willing to accept the mistake, should be done after survey or other reaction.

I hope to be settled this problem be fair way to all participants. 

And I wonder why they didn't send it to 'thisiscamper' before change the plate design?
If they did, it won't be.

They changed a lot. Including the layout of the plate (iso)

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #807 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:17:34 »
same boat - dont care about the logo, I just want the board

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #808 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:30:05 »
Numpad update from EVE:

Numpad production is finished, but he's waiting for zF for the order list. I'm not sure how he decided on the colors without the order list. I've attached a photo of some parts he shared.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #809 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:48:33 »
Numpad update from EVE:

Numpad production is finished, but he's waiting for zF for the order list. I'm not sure how he decided on the colors without the order list. I've attached a photo of some parts he shared.

Nice colors!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 23:03:43 »
Numpad update from EVE:

Maybe that’s only for the Chinese gb ?

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #811 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 23:04:14 »
couldnt care less about the plate, i wont be able to see it any way. as long as it fits and all the switches fit.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #812 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 23:05:15 »
Well gonna guess no numpad for us. nice. looks like the Chinese participants ones i bet.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #813 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 23:58:42 »
EVE said the numpads are for both international and China.

Offline mustcode

« Reply #814 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 11:43:13 »
Logo is fine, Kilo sounds like a pretty good keyboard name :P

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #815 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 11:45:12 »
Logo is fine, Kilo sounds like a pretty good keyboard name :P

Lol I thought the same thing but forgot to mention it

Offline elDuderino

« Reply #816 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 13:30:56 »

I’m a bit confused. We are getting the numpad with this group buy? I thought we were expecting that to happen at a later date in a different buy for the international folks.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #817 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 16:19:36 »

I’m a bit confused. We are getting the numpad with this group buy? I thought we were expecting that to happen at a later date in a different buy for the international folks.

Maybe EVE made in one batch to reserve some to sell later. Always cheaper to make more in one batch

Offline random0987

« Reply #818 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 11:54:48 »
My PayPal claim has been, unfortunately, resolved in my favor. I sent a number of emails to zF generally and to Alex directly and have had no responses since November last year. I also sent messages through PayPal and discord encouraging zF to refund and re-invoice so that purchaser protection would not lapse. Was hoping that a PayPal dispute would encourage a response, and when it did not I escalated it to a claim which also received no response.

Was really hoping this would work out, I love Thesis’s designs and the numpad on this one sold me and I joined both GBs. My initial order with zF included hundreds of dollars in numpad plates and PCBs which I’m especially sad about and aggravated that I was never offered an opportunity to buy the numpad they go with.

If zF ever offers to sell me the keyboard I ordered, with whatever custom serial number I got if that was ever done, with numpad, and in the color I was told I would get and not some mixed up slop, I’d happily pay.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #819 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 13:55:23 »
At this point, why are we not boycotting ZFrontier?

Are we suckers for punishment? Do we like enabling them? After all the silence are we optimistic that things will work out?

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #820 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 07:21:44 »
I didn't go as far as opening a paypal dispute but did open a paypal 'case' which actually took zf about 2 weeks to respond to - here is the reply

Hello there,

Sorry for the late reply, we are keeping eyes on your order. Please no worries it will be shipped within 7 business days.

- zFrontier Inc, Friday, March 15, 2019 at 1:10:07 AM

The problem I have is the 6 month window closes on March 20th after which there is no recourse.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 March 2019, 07:23:23 by beerafffe1 »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #821 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 07:33:45 »

I've got the feeling that this was it. They probably forgot to post the "buy Kira S page" for the international site. With all the problems that have been going on I doubt they would start up the Kira S again for international buyers only. Maybe there were some international orders going through the chinese site and those are being shipped together with the rest of the TKL's? I may be completely wrong and all I can do is guess of course. I hope I'm wrong. I wanted that numpad too :)

Offline vafan

« Reply #822 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 10:30:48 »
Zf keeps opening new GB for many things!!!

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #823 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 17:40:32 »
this is turning into quite a mess i just want my two boards and to be able to get matching num pads for bolth.

Offline enfer

« Reply #824 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 06:35:01 »
I didn't go as far as opening a paypal dispute but did open a paypal 'case' which actually took zf about 2 weeks to respond to - here is the reply

Hello there,

Sorry for the late reply, we are keeping eyes on your order. Please no worries it will be shipped within 7 business days.

The problem I have is the 6 month window closes on March 20th after which there is no recourse.

Is that kira tkl? Or another order?

Offline random0987

« Reply #825 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 06:42:47 »

Hello there,

Is that kira tkl? Or another order?

As a point of reference, my Kira TLK PayPal “dispute” was open for two weeks without response, followed by 10 days without response as a “claim”.

Offline ullr

« Reply #826 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 14:00:06 »
I would have been looking into PayPal avenues of support but there are photos proving that they have the keyboards on hand, surely they can just... ship them?

Offline jaymaikan

« Reply #827 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 14:29:04 »
I would have been looking into PayPal avenues of support but there are photos proving that they have the keyboards on hand, surely they can just... ship them?

Tell that to Mech27.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #828 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 01:11:25 »
Yeah - it’s been 3 months + since a reply from Alex. I sent him another email on Thursday and no replies. I’ll be submitting a claim as well... too many boards stuck up in this state right now. Grid600, tr60, and this now

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #829 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 01:40:12 »
Does anyone here have an insid track on what’s up with zfrontier lately ? The complete absence of communication? Are they doing okay in China ?

I’m starting to get a bit antsy . I really want the board and I have had good experiences with zfrontier so far ( grid600 is an exception, and while I don5 blame them, the communication is pathetic).

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #830 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 01:59:40 »
Does anyone here have an insid track on what’s up with zfrontier lately ? The complete absence of communication? Are they doing okay in China ?

I’m starting to get a bit antsy . I really want the board and I have had good experiences with zfrontier so far ( grid600 is an exception, and while I don5 blame them, the communication is pathetic).

Please, take this with a grain of salt its like 4th hand information at this point. There was a Reddit post that basically said the following. They got in contact with someone higher up in ZFrontier and right now there really deep in over there heads. They took on to much work load and have had to many issues with to many group buys. Thats why the communication is complete garbage right now.

My guess is if thats true there most likely treading water and having to run new group buys to stay afloat. Which makes me wonder how long they can last.

Offline yap68

« Reply #831 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 02:57:56 »
My claim has been approved since there isn't any reply from zF.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #832 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 03:24:54 »
So as someone who’s never had to file a claim like this before, what happens ? Do you forfeit your order or can you still get zf to invoice you again if the board ever materializes ?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #833 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 11:08:44 »
So as someone who’s never had to file a claim like this before, what happens ? Do you forfeit your order or can you still get zf to invoice you again if the board ever materializes ?

I would actually like to know this as well.  Thinking of filing a claim with PayPal.  For someone who filed a claim successfully, what did you write in the dispute?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #834 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 22:40:43 »
Hi guys, talking with Alex of zF now. He’ll be sending out shipping invoices this week. If you don’t want the flipped logo or want a refund this is the time to contact him. There are about 60 kits that are ready to be shipped.

For those who want to know what happened without going into details, he had to go on a business trip then got sick. They hired another guy to help with shipping.

Edit:
EVE also said they have communicated with zF now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 March 2019, 22:45:58 by thesiscamper »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #835 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 23:39:55 »
Hi guys, talking with Alex of zF now. He’ll be sending out shipping invoices this week. If you don’t want the flipped logo or want a refund this is the time to contact him. There are about 60 kits that are ready to be shipped.

For those who want to know what happened without going into details, he had to go on a business trip then got sick. They hired another guy to help with shipping.

Edit:

And how would one contact him?

Also, any update on the keypads? Last I heard the only GB for it was in China, but I know there are a lot of international people that are interested in one as well.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #836 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 23:42:28 »

for anyone wondering, i was told the same thing when i got the RR shipping info

alex is zf's main point of contact for the west, and there isn't really anyone else because the company is fairly small. i suspect him getting sick is the reason everything got backed up at ZF, and it should go back to normal soon

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline enfer

« Reply #837 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 23:47:15 »

Edit:

If i don't want the flipped logo, I have to do refund?
Or can wait for fix?

And how can we contact with him?

Offline yap68

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 00:10:02 »
Shipping soon? Have all the colours been fixed or zF just go ahead?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #839 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 01:10:00 »
Shipping soon? Have all the colours been fixed or zF just go ahead?

Also wondering about all the color discrepancies.  Can we request a pic from Alex of what we will be getting regarding color? 

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #840 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 01:37:21 »
Great news!  :thumb:

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #841 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 04:05:06 »
This is awesome news actually - not Alex getting sick ofc, may he get better soon - but zf getting back on their feet for the western markets ...

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #842 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 05:05:16 »
i know some of you are dying to get your kira tkl soon.... but i totally disagree with just receiving the board without minding the flipped logo. it is clearly the manufacturer+designer+EVE's fault for making the problem and I don't want to spend the exact same price of kira tkl which has an issue with the plate. the flipped logo is not professional at all.. so is Alex available for contact now? i want to contact him for refund.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #843 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 05:09:33 »
For those who need to reach Alex, please send an email to alex.lin at zfrontier dot com (I asked beforehand  if I should share the email here).

Thanks for the confirmation Puddsy.

As for the colors, most of the affected kits are Poseidon Blue, and some purple ones as far as I know. Pics of the color issues have been shared, I’m using my phone so it’s not convenient to post them again at the moment.

No the kits with issues have not been fixed yet, they will be sent back to EVE. Also please note Alex has lots of email to attend to, so it will take time to get to all of them.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #844 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 22:48:09 »
i know some of you are dying to get your kira tkl soon.... but i totally disagree with just receiving the board without minding the flipped logo. it is clearly the manufacturer+designer+EVE's fault for making the problem and I don't want to spend the exact same price of kira tkl which has an issue with the plate. the flipped logo is not professional at all.. so is Alex available for contact now? i want to contact him for refund.

If we are on this, then even bigger than the logo being flipped is that they added a logo at all. There are many many elements that were not part of the design from thesiscamper. The back plate ( and oh my god that font is so ugly ! I hope I can Dremel it ) was not part of it either, at least as it was announced in the IC.

Edit : I also have to say that all these changes were well meaning... like the machining time for the logo and the back plate ... zf/eve’s efforts were good, just poorly executed. ( omg that logo, I hope I can remove that, and there won5 be screwhols visible)

Now I consider boards like these artistic, if i just wanted a good tkl, I’d get kbd8x. So messing around with the design is poor form. I was actually excited  about the backplate until I found that it had branded no and I saw the awful font. Kudos to thesiscamper for not making a row about this...
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 March 2019, 22:53:03 by coffeeshopcoder »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #845 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 02:03:29 »

If we are on this, then even bigger than the logo being flipped is that they added a logo at all. There are many many elements that were not part of the design from thesiscamper. The back plate ( and oh my god that font is so ugly ! I hope I can Dremel it ) was not part of it either, at least as it was announced in the IC.

Edit : I also have to say that all these changes were well meaning... like the machining time for the logo and the back plate ... zf/eve’s efforts were good, just poorly executed. ( omg that logo, I hope I can remove that, and there won5 be screwhols visible)

Now I consider boards like these artistic, if i just wanted a good tkl, I’d get kbd8x. So messing around with the design is poor form. I was actually excited  about the backplate until I found that it had branded no and I saw the awful font. Kudos to thesiscamper for not making a row about this...

As some of you remember, the international and China buys were supposed to be separate, including the factories. After the cancellation we went with EVE for all kits. The original design didn’t have the backplate, but China side wanted that from the start. This is also why China orders shipped first, EVE started manufacturing immediately for their buy, international orders were just added later.

Edit:
Here’s one of the last prototypes made in the other factory (1 of 2). It has a 5mm plate and C3’s RGB PCB.

215624-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 March 2019, 02:10:49 by thesiscamper »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #846 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 00:09:40 »
Separating China buyers and GH buyers in terms of options and pricing is just such a bad idea, IMHO.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #847 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 00:50:38 »
Separating China buyers and GH buyers in terms of options and pricing is just such a bad idea, IMHO.

Right. You don’t know the whole story though, and you might have done better but it is what it is. Hindsight is 20/20.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #848 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 01:13:40 »

Right. You don’t know the whole story though, and you might have done better but it is what it is. Hindsight is 20/20.

Definitely not your problem, as a designer your GBs are typically run by other professional runners.

I just couldn’t quite get the rationale why Chinese buyers should get priority and lower pricing, despite paying no PayPal fees and negligible shipping fees. Maybe I’m in the States for too long :)

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #849 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 01:29:44 »

Definitely not your problem, as a designer your GBs are typically run by other professional runners.

I just couldn’t quite get the rationale why Chinese buyers should get priority and lower pricing, despite paying no PayPal fees and negligible shipping fees. Maybe I’m in the States for too long :)

I compared the Chinese and Worldwide (?) GBs before participating.  And I decided to go with the Worldwide since the price (sans shipping) was pretty much same and the back weight was of little difference to me.
What was confusing and surprising later was the manufacturing was separate and timeline were significantly different.
I think most Worldwide participants were expecting shipment shortly after Chinese GBs.  Initially, folks were hoping for pre-Chinese New Year shipment, then right after-CNY, so on.

Don't mean this as criticism.  Just pointing out where expectations started to get out of sync.