Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 276428 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 01:30:27 »
Separating China buyers and GH buyers in terms of options and pricing is just such a bad idea, IMHO.

Right. You don’t know the whole story though, and you might have done better but it is what it is. Hindsight is 20/20.

Definitely not your problem, as a designer your GBs are typically run by other professional runners.

I just couldn’t quite get the rationale why Chinese buyers should get priority and lower pricing, despite paying no PayPal fees and negligible shipping fees. Maybe I’m in the States for too long :)

As far as I know EVE controlled the pricing, I definitely didn’t have any say on that and a lot of things like colors. Maybe it should’ve stayed cancelled, but people were interested in getting the buy brought back and zFrontier’s offer to help made it seem like a good idea. EVE’s samples were already made and shown so people knew what to expect before joining, so I didn’t think the external changes and additions were an issue.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #851 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 02:22:48 »
Separating China buyers and GH buyers in terms of options and pricing is just such a bad idea, IMHO.

yes sir mr i own 11 canoes
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #852 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 02:47:02 »

Didn’t you have ins with SuperVan as well?

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #853 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 02:56:33 »
i for one am happy that the GB opportunity came back at all.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #854 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 02:59:05 »

lmao **** no i think he has me blocked
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #855 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 03:01:56 »

That makes sense lol, but I was about speaking mr 11 canoes

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #856 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 03:11:02 »

That makes sense lol, but I was about speaking mr 11 canoes

aha, it was unclear

carry on

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #857 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 09:14:49 »
i know alex needs some time to get everything managed and etc. but, so what now? i already sent him an email since i don't want to purchase a keyboard with issue but of course im never getting any replies. so if i do stick with the keyboard, when are you guys shipping them out? it's damn april guys. are they gonna make excuses like "oh we need time to figure them out so  we will ship them out after april fools..." <- this literally can either be one of the funniest meme or the worst.

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #858 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 09:49:29 »
I thought I read somewhere that Zf was shipping these out this week. Is that still the case?

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #859 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 21:53:10 »
I thought I read somewhere that Zf was shipping these out this week. Is that still the case?

He’ll be sending out shipping invoices this week.

Invoice this week.  Unclear when shipping will be.  Hopely real soon.
Dilemma is what to do with PayPal protection.  I'm inclined to get the ball rolling on that.  I appreciate more communication but it's little short of giving me enough confidence.

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #860 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 06:44:36 »

He’ll be sending out shipping invoices this week.

Invoice this week.  Unclear when shipping will be.  Hopely real soon.
Dilemma is what to do with PayPal protection.  I'm inclined to get the ball rolling on that.  I appreciate more communication but it's little short of giving me enough confidence.
What is a shipping invoice? Doesn't shipping cost get paid when the GB was purchased months ago?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #861 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 09:53:10 »
What is a shipping invoice? Doesn't shipping cost get paid when the GB was purchased months ago?

nope. shipping is never included in gb's since the runner can't know how much the shipping for every board will be.
zF's page says that very clearly on every gb page.

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #862 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 09:57:16 »

nope. shipping is never included in gb's since the runner can't know how much the shipping for every board will be.
zF's page says that very clearly on every gb page.

Welp thats on me. lol. I have never purchased anything from zF that was a GB before and this will probably be my last seeing how this fiasco went.

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #863 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 08:09:48 »
Any update since its now the end of the week with no shipping invoice here?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #864 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 16:10:04 »
Has anyone actually heard from Alex?  I emailed him using the email thesis provided but still haven't heard anything. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #865 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 16:46:06 »
Has anyone actually heard from Alex?  I emailed him using the email thesis provided but still haven't heard anything.

my last contact with him was 3/3

Offline proboy84

« Reply #866 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 21:31:41 »

Got a reply from him on 20/3 from a Zfrontier contact email.

He said "Kira boards will begin to go out this week :)"

still no sign for me though

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #867 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 19:18:58 »
Jesus Christ it's almost April.... i sent alex regarding refund and still ignored. Zfrontier = not safe for me I guess  :-X

« Reply #868 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 05:10:26 »
No reply from zfrontier on the mail that was provided here.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #869 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 11:47:49 »
same =/  I reported a problem on paypal - which I thought actually opened up a case, but I guess "report a problem" only opens up a line of communication between myself and zfrontier through payapl.  I can "escalate to paypal" through - which I will probably do if I don't hear from them in a couple of days.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #870 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 12:52:26 »
same =/  I reported a problem on paypal - which I thought actually opened up a case, but I guess "report a problem" only opens up a line of communication between myself and zfrontier through payapl.  I can "escalate to paypal" through - which I will probably do if I don't hear from them in a couple of days.

basically when you reported the problem to Paypal they open up a direct line of communication with company. That's meant to drag feet and give the company a chance to answer/ship? Once you given it a few days you escalate. Then the company has like 30 day's to respond. They don't respond in that 30 day's then you automatically get your refund. They do respond they have a chance to explain and whats going on. Honestly hate saying this after using it twice Paypal buyer protection is a joke. It really seems to be more of a gimmick and marketing scheme. There a good like 99.9% chance you will get your money back but only because it benefits paypal 98% of the time with consumers.   

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #871 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 13:16:42 »
I’m on the grid 600 gb which has dragged on with zf as well. Got an email from Alex in the morning that those are shipping out. In a couple of weeks. Hopefully he is now better and can give us an update ship the boards.

Offline vafan

« Reply #872 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 22:10:52 »
Well, I paid it with my credit card. My only chance is hope

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #873 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 22:14:14 »
Well, I paid it with my credit card. My only chance is hope
Same, didn’t even remember it until I checked my paypal history :/

Offline Komplexx

« Reply #874 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 00:43:26 »
Just wanted to say I hate this ****ing forum. It's so stupid can't organize by when a thread was started. To go through all the posts just to see that **** is over already is annoying as ****.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #875 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 01:57:41 »
Just wanted to say I hate this ****ing forum. It's so stupid can't organize by when a thread was started. To go through all the posts just to see that **** is over already is annoying as ****.

welcome to geekhack

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #876 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 06:41:22 »
I wouldn't be surprised even if nobody did, but have anyone got an update from ZF?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #877 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 10:09:51 »
I proceeded to file a claim and woke up this morning to a refund from zF. I didn’t request a refund but just automatically got it. Looks I’ll never be joining a zF buy again. Kinda tragic because I wanted the board more than the refund

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #878 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 12:14:24 »
I proceeded to file a claim and woke up this morning to a refund from zF. I didn’t request a refund but just automatically got it. Looks I’ll never be joining a zF buy again. Kinda tragic because I wanted the board more than the refund

When you file a PayPal dispute claim, there is not much more you can expect, I guess. Just move on.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #879 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 15:49:04 »
I haven’t received an update from zFrontier.

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #880 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 16:05:53 »
To those who are saying that zf has not replied to any of your emails, check your spam. Especially if you are using gmail.

I've sent 3 emails to zf in last couple months (regarding other buys) and I got a reply within 24 hours everytime. Those replies did, however, all go to spam.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:35:16 by Create_alt_delete »

Offline bciamny

« Reply #881 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 16:29:21 »

hey thesis, i know this gb has been tough slogging but i hope it doesn't discourage you from sharing more of your designs with the community. i was planning to be in the gb when beaming was running it but dropped out due to the unknown status of the numpad availability when it moved over to zF. i do think zF will do right by the people that joined the gb but i understand the consternation from the participants.

the kira80 and numpad are my favorite tkl and numpad choices since joining the hobby. i wished things had gone differently so that i could've joined and i do look forward to seeing your design thoughts in tkls in the future.

thanks for trying to manage the thoughts of the gb participants here when a lot of the gb is no longer in your control.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #882 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:07:30 »

hey thesis, i know this gb has been tough slogging but i hope it doesn't discourage you from sharing more of your designs with the community. i was planning to be in the gb when beaming was running it but dropped out due to the unknown status of the numpad availability when it moved over to zF. i do think zF will do right by the people that joined the gb but i understand the consternation from the participants.

the kira80 and numpad are my favorite tkl and numpad choices since joining the hobby. i wished things had gone differently so that i could've joined and i do look forward to seeing your design thoughts in tkls in the future.

thanks for trying to manage the thoughts of the gb participants here when a lot of the gb is no longer in your control.

Thank you for the kind words, and I do believe zF will still ship and honor refunds. I also understand anyone who wishes to withdraw from the buy, if I was in this situation I would've filed a claim weeks ago. Although my situation is still kind of different. I can have my keyboard ideas made as long as I have the cash, so I also understand those who want to wait just a little bit longer.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #883 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:20:57 »
To those who are saying that zf has not replied to any of your emails, check your spam. Especially if you are using gmail.

I've sent 3 emails to zf in last couple months (ragarding other buys) and I got a reply within 24 hours everytime. Those replies did, however, all go to spam.

That's strange - because gmail (or other email services in general) does not mark a "reply" to an email originating from the inbox as spam. Gmail obviously respects the "In-Reply-To" and "References" fields on the message. 

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #884 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:26:22 »
thesis - I just wanted to echo this again-

Its truly admirable that you are in this tough spot with no real control over this situation and still the only "non-buyer" who is trying to provide updates.

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #885 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:35:13 »

I've sent 3 emails to zf in last couple months (ragarding other buys) and I got a reply within 24 hours everytime. Those replies did, however, all go to spam.

That's strange - because gmail (or other email services in general) does not mark a "reply" to an email originating from the inbox as spam. Gmail obviously respects the "In-Reply-To" and "References" fields on the message.

My initial emails were sent to their support@ address. The replies all came from alex.lin@, so it does not appear to be a "traditional" reply.

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:42:03 by Create_alt_delete »

Offline yap68

« Reply #886 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 21:34:58 »

Filing a claim means getting your refund back. At this stage, you will not be contacted with seller anymore and PayPal will make the final decision after 10 days. If seller previously doesn't respond during the dispute and the claim, you will surely get refunded.

This is what I experinced in my case.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 03:44:11 by yap68 »

Offline yap68

« Reply #887 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 03:41:42 »

Filing a claim means getting your refund back. At this stage, you will not be contacted with seller anymore and PayPal will make the final decision after 10 days. If seller previously doesn't respond during the dispute and the claim, you will surely get refunded.

Happy to get refunded although there was a minor loss on currency exchange. Just don't want to take the risk to get a half-cooked keyboard at the end after all the money and time wasted.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 03:51:24 by yap68 »

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #888 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 03:58:30 »

Happy to get refunded although there was a minor loss on currency exchange. Just don't want to take the risk to get a half-cooked keyboard at the end after all the money and time wasted.
I’ve been skimming through a few KIRA posts from the CN groupbuy, and it doesn’t seem like defects or major flaws were detected.

So besides the faulty plate and awful communication, I wouldn’t expect the kit to have major issues.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #889 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 04:21:16 »

Thank you for the kind words, and I do believe zF will still ship and honor refunds. I also understand anyone who wishes to withdraw from the buy, if I was in this situation I would've filed a claim weeks ago. Although my situation is still kind of different. I can have my keyboard ideas made as long as I have the cash, so I also understand those who want to wait just a little bit longer.

I am completely in love with the tesselated look of these KIRA's. They match my graphics card, my water block (an EKWB anniversary edition) and soon my computer case (Fractal Design Meshify S2). I'm really hoping this buy comes through because the KIRA80 would complete the look for me.
pls gief bbv2

Offline yap68

« Reply #890 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 04:38:14 »

I’ve been skimming through a few KIRA posts from the CN groupbuy, and it doesn’t seem like defects or major flaws were detected.

So besides the faulty plate and awful communication, I wouldn’t expect the kit to have major issues.

The colour that I chose is Poseidon Blue and it didn't come out correctly. I considered this a major issue and do not want to wait for zF to sent back to Eve to do it again after so many months of waiting.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 04:44:44 by yap68 »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #891 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:10:14 »
The colour that I chose is Poseidon Blue and it didn't come out correctly. I considered this a major issue and do not want to wait for zF to sent back to Eve to do it again after so many months of waiting.

I picked Poseidon Blue also and was under the impression that some kits had color problems, but not all of them? This photo that was posted on page 15 in this thread looks how I imagined it would:

Just hoping for the best really.

Offline opioid

« Reply #892 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:15:40 »
I haven’t emailed zf at all and just went about with my life after signing up. Got an email this morning with my invoice for shipping that stated my TKL was packed and ready to go. Will be paying it ASAP then just waiting again for its arrival. Maybe it’ll be a month or two but I’m sure it’ll all work out.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #893 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:37:47 »

I had to open a case as my coverage would've expired before shipping, I lost £50 in exchange rates but rang Paypal and they credited the difference, they said this was a mistake and I should've got the full amount anyway.

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #894 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:54:48 »
Well I’ll be damned, I got a shipping invoice

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #895 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:58:05 »
I got my shipping invoice on this, too.

Offline Carmelita

« Reply #896 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 05:58:45 »
The road to success is interesting, then get online to play throughout the course.

Offline proboy84

« Reply #897 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 06:25:32 »
Got invoice and paid too.

[GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #898 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 07:32:01 »
Also got shipping invoice but emails still go without replies. Any official word on numpad for us international buyers?

Communication has been nonexistent in this gb. Its a joke...
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 07:35:59 by DoesItReallyMatter »

Offline sroop

« Reply #899 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 07:34:27 »
Haven't gotten one but I bought the Poseidon blue board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk