Author Topic: Help with the Ducky Shine 3?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Sairer

Help with the Ducky Shine 3?
« on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 21:55:41 »
Hi there everyone!

After a little while of using the Ducky shine 3, I have found that it is a great keyboard and I like the sound that the Cherry mx brown!
Anyway, I would like to know what the functions of the F1 and the F5 keys are with the little speedometer underneath, and what they do? They are both on and I am not sure what they do.
I would also like some help on turning the space bar light off because there is no way that i can get the blue to match the deep blue that i have my keys on, I managed to turn it back on then I accidentally turned it back on again and i can't remember how i turned it off, could someone please help? :D

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
Re: Help with the Ducky Shine 3?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 12:04:21 »
Fn+F9 turns them on!

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:39:54 »
and FN+ PgUp to make it Blue

You can read all the feature of shine 3 in their manual book ;)

Offline Sairer

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 03:29:48 »
Hey!

Hahah thanks for that :D Sorry for the late reply, I just got my computer back last night because of the Motherboard failing, Oh well, That's a large hole burnt in the pocket once more :P
I will have to find the English version of the manual so I can have a quick read!

Thanks again.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 05:30:29 »
Hey!

Hahah thanks for that :D Sorry for the late reply, I just got my computer back last night because of the Motherboard failing, Oh well, That's a large hole burnt in the pocket once more :P
I will have to find the English version of the manual so I can have a quick read!

Thanks again.

The Ducky product page has info on LED settings, and at the bottom a link to download the manual.  I didn't, so I don't know what language it is, but I would hope that the English version of the web site would link to the English version of the manual.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lonedruid

• Red switch fan
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 07:33:13 »
yea haha , owner of ducky shine 3 here as well, i have no inkling wad these speedometers do haha. :eek:
but i just got my ducky brought to my new place. Imagine typing on a blue switch mech board after two weeks of typing on my impassive,nonchalant laptop keyswitches. AWW YEAH!!! :thumb:
Steelseries 6gv2 red switch
Ducky shine 3 TKL blue switch http://i.imgur.com/5LcUxh.jpg
HHKB Professional 2 no-blank http://i.imgur.com/JSIa1.pngk

Offline lonedruid

• Red switch fan
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 07:34:44 »
i dont have your spacebar problem because my ducky is white LED so the all the color mode for spacebar light kind of blends well with the keyboard itself. haha  ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 April 2014, 07:37:55 by lonedruid »
Steelseries 6gv2 red switch
Ducky shine 3 TKL blue switch http://i.imgur.com/5LcUxh.jpg
HHKB Professional 2 no-blank http://i.imgur.com/JSIa1.pngk

Offline Sairer

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 05:07:56 »
Hi thanks, I will look at their site and see what i come up with.

I discussed that with a friend who also got the same with me but he got the shine 2 and Magenta LED. Anyway he says he loves the sound of the brown switches and so forth. But I would have loved to have gotten the blue, But they were a bit loud for my house and I think the sound would have traveled so I would have probably gotten told off.
But I was using a G510 before this keyboard and although it doesn't have the crappy little screen that shows performance I don't mind going without, But It is such a big difference, and is worth the money I would say.