Author Topic: [GB] ZHUWUNENG - "Journey to the West"  (Read 880 times)

Offline ClickClack.io

• Find us on clickclack.io
    • clickclack.io
[GB] ZHUWUNENG - "Journey to the West"
« on: Thu, 04 April 2024, 11:08:34 »

"Smelt Stars" Artisan keycap new product pre-sale release!

ZHUWUNENG
"Journey to the West" Character Series Artisan Keycaps

by Smelt Stars
Post edited by ClickClack

Index

- Intro
- Design Concept
- Color Scheme
- GB Details
- Pricing and Vendors
- Socials

Intro

Character Background Story:

Originally named Zhu Ganglie, "Ganglie" is the ancient term for pigs used in sacrifices, describing his appearance as resembling a pig. In Gaolaozhuang, he once proclaimed: "I take my appearance as my surname, hence my surname is Zhu, and my official name is Zhu Ganglie. Enlightened by Bodhisattva, my Dharma name is WuNeng, awaiting the pilgrim. Later, I became a disciple of a Tang Monk. He accepted me as his second disciple and bestowed upon me the name Bajie.

He was originally the Grand Marshal of the Water Curtain Cave in charge of the Heavenly River. Still, due to getting drunk and harassing Chang'e at the Peach Banquet, he was struck 2,000 times by the Jade Emperor and banished to the mortal world, unexpectedly falling into a pig embryo. Later, he married into Fuling Mountain's Cloudy-Crags Cave, and after the death of the second sister-in-law, he married into Gaolaozhuang. He was subdued by Sun Wukong's scheme and accompanied a Tang Monk on the journey to the West... Due to his merits in carrying the load, he was appointed as the Cleansing Altar Envoy after obtaining the scriptures.

Design Concept

The overall image primarily draws inspiration from the menacing description in Wu Cheng'en's writing: "Curled dirty lotus-seed-shaped lips, ears like palm-leaf fans revealing golden pupils. Sharp fangs like steel files, open jaws resembling fire basins." This is also true of the popular Yuan dynasty variety shows: "Long beak, broad neck, hard hooves, tough mane; no one dares to challenge from all sides." The depiction in the "Hundred Chapter Edition" of Journey to the West also emphasizes the image of a "long beak and tough mane."

The front of the keycap incorporates Zhu Bajie's exclusive weapon, the "Nine-Toothed Rake" (also known as the "Supreme Treasure of Pure Gold," personally forged by Laozi using divine refined iron and presented to the Jade Emperor, who then bestowed it upon Bajie, who was the Marshal of the Canopy at the time, as a ceremonial item). The four corners incorporate "Golden Armor" elements to reflect the marshal's dignity and solemnity. The sides combine "flames and auspicious clouds" to highlight the marshal's inclusive and magnanimous demeanor.

Color Schemes

The color schemes are named after some chapters from "Journey to the West", namely: "Ruyi Jingu Bang", "Book of Life and Death", and "Havoc in Heaven". Each color scheme comes in two specifications: DOME (round) and SAR1 (square).

"Ruyi Jingu Bang":

└ Dome

"Ruyi Jingu Bang":

└ SAR1

"Book of Life and Death":

└ Dome

"Book of Life and Death":

└ SAR1

"Havoc in Heaven":

└ Dome

"Havoc in Heaven":

└ SAR1

When your fingers gently touch this keycap, a legendary character springs to life at your fingertips, a classic figure from "Journey to the West" now presented in an unprecedented way on your keyboard.

Whether as a keyboard ornament or a collector's item, whether you're an artisan keycap enthusiast, a fan of "Journey to the West", or someone with a deep appreciation for traditional Chinese culture, this keycap is an excellent choice. It adds a unique personality and charm to your keyboard and serves as a "fingertip work of art" representing the essence of Chinese culture.

The intricate and exquisite painting, combined with pure craftsmanship and a 70% completion rate, makes producing these keycaps extremely challenging, costly, and time-consuming.

GB Details

GB Start time: 5 April 2024, 20:00 EST
GB End time: 4th May 2024, 23:59
Shipping date: Q3 2024
This is limited GB: limited to 150 pieces.

Pricing & Vendors

Pricing: 65 USD (Worldwide Free-Shipping)

Vendors:
Worldwide: ClickClack

Worldwide: Smelt Stars

Socials

Join ClickClack’s Discord for the latest updates, discussions, and questions:

Follow ClickClack's IG for other new projects:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] ZHUWUNENG - "Journey to the West"
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 15:19:45 »
Approval bump :thumb: