Author Topic: Razer Artemis - MECHWARRIOR ONLINE CONTROLLER!  (Read 3306 times)

Offline keebler64

Razer Artemis - MECHWARRIOR ONLINE CONTROLLER!
« on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 14:11:19 »
To those who aren't in the know, or just haven't been paying attention. It looks like Piranha Games partnered with Razer Peripherals and created their own Joystick!

Now, I could care less about the actual joystick/buttons/screen from a vendor, all I care about is hacking their interfaces into my own SimPod setup. Replace their 10" Screen with my iPad, replace their joystick with a decent HOTAS from Saitek or CH, Thrustmaster. The Nostromo like keypad is mechanical, and spiffy, but again... ugh.. just read my idea at MWO...

http://assets.razerzone.com/minisite/artemis/images/razer-artemis.png

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/11514-artemis-the-mega-merged-thread/page__view__findpost__p__327762

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 14:18:07 »
Isn't it easier to do it all yourself from scratch?

Because it makes little point hacking something by removing and replacing everything :P.

Offline keebler64

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 14:28:03 »
Well, yes, and no. It depends on how the Display is identified by the game. If it has it's own device ID/Signature, then outside of re-writing MWO code (which I can't do), the only other way really, would be to copy or clone the device info into my own device scheme.  The only way I can get that info, is hacking it myself, or waiting for someone else to do it. And since I prefer to be the first one to attempt something, I'll be the first one to take it apart.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2012, 14:30:09 by keebler64 »

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 17:59:11 »
Sort of want.

However, I have to admit that the most interesting part is the touchscreen, and the lack of a proper throttle and pedals is baffling. As it stands, I'd probably be better served by a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Simped F-16 pedals, and any random ELO TouchSystems monitor I can find used. Or my Steel Battalion controller, for that matter.

As an aside, you wouldn't also happen to be the guy I know as Kaebora, would you? Everyone in the SB.org/LOC.net community called him "Keebler" instead.