Author Topic: [IC] TKLittle  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Beryllium74

[IC] TKLittle
« on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 07:14:14 »
TKLittle [IC]

FORM

INTRO
Greetings to all keyboard enthusiasts out there! I'm excited to share with you today the TKLittle, a project that I have been working on for the last six months.
 Starting as a simple hardwired keyboard in a 3D-printed case, the TKLittle has gradually become more and more refined to the point that
I'm proud to say that it has reached a level of quality that I believe would be appreciated by others in the community.
However, before investing more time and effort into this project, I need to ensure that there is enough interest to justify it, so here is the IC.

LAYOUT
The TKLittle's layout is a unique take on the popular TKL layout but in a more compact size. The name itself is a playful nod to this concept.
 However, my focus was on creating a layout that was not only visually appealing but also functional.
After using it for a couple of weeks, I am pleased with how it has turned out. As you can see in the pic above, I have configured mine in the "HHKBish" style,
but I wanted to offer as many layout options as possible while maintaining the "little layout" theme.
The base layout is a common 40%, but it includes the additional features of a 65% layout such as the navigation cluster and arrow keys, all within a similar size.
While the TKLittle's layout may be seen more as a novelty than a practical alternative to common layouts, it remains highly usable.

CASE AND DESIGN
The current prototype features a 4-layer acrylic stack case, but I am also exploring the option of an FR4 case to keep costs as low as possible.
My goal is to offer both case options, but this will depend on the vendors I ultimately work with. The TKLittle uses a simple top-mount that delivers a solid typing experience without being overly stiff.
I'm pleased with how it feels to type on. While the color offerings are still undetermined, I plan to expand the options based on the amount of attention the IC receives.
The more interest generated, the more color options I can offer.

SPECS SUMMARY
Acylic stack or FR4 sandwich case
40+TKL layout(63 total max keys)
Top mount
0° case(for now)
20mm hight(for now)

GALLERY
https://imgur.com/a/YjpbvYT
Renders coming soon, more pics will be posted on Reddit if there is interest.

SOCIALS
Important updates, like the making of an official discord, will be posted on my new Reddit profile.
reddit.com/user/MK_Beryllium74

Offline trashem

Re: [IC] TKLittle
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 June 2023, 09:15:02 »
pretty much made this account just to say I’m really looking forward to this!!! submitted my IC form a while ago but thought the post deserved a comment & bump too :)