Author Topic: [REFUNDING]imsto Dyesub Caps(SECOND COMING)  (Read 111967 times)

Offline dirge

Re: [SENDING INVOICES]imsto Dyesub Caps(SECOND COMING)
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 08:02:01 »
Glad I didn't pay

Guess two wrongs can make a right lol
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline dirge

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 08:09:34 »
Looks like I'm not getting my dyesub Audrey Hepburn cap :(
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 08:22:35 »
hi guys, seems andrew'd disappeard.  how may keys'd been ordered?
$80 for me. I don't know how many keys is that. A whole group buy I assume that a lot though.     
:( Sad...

Offline kaen

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 08:40:14 »
****sake.

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 08:57:29 »
Damn, 86$

Offline mickd

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 09:25:20 »
I know mine is over 45 days too (closer to 60) but I opened a PayPal dispute anyway... About $88 here...

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 09:27:19 »
I had over $100 between the two buys he was running.  I opened a dispute but it was over 45 days.  I really hope that Chandrew is just distracted and not a thief.

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 10:04:43 »
Distracted how? Unless he is physically incapacitated, I find it hard to believe he cannot find the time over the course of several months to place an order. If he actually had a legitimate reason to not be able to follow through with it, he should have either offered people their money back or suggested someone else take over the group buy.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 10:07:44 »
Distracted how? Unless he is physically incapacitated, I find it hard to believe he cannot find the time over the course of several months to place an order. If he actually had a legitimate reason to not be able to follow through with it, he should have either offered people their money back or suggested someone else take over the group buy.

We are in violent agreement...I just want to have some hope that I will get my keys/money back....I don't understand how he could have a decent iTrader rating, and then just bail unless he had some serious financial problems.

I have his address as well if anyone wants go egg his house.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 10:16:52 »

We are in violent agreement...I just want to have some hope that I will get my keys/money back....I don't understand how he could have a decent iTrader rating, and then just bail unless he had some serious financial problems.

I have his address as well if anyone wants go egg his house.

I think he moved to China and flip us the bird
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 10:31:18 »
I don't understand how he could have a decent iTrader rating, and then just bail unless he had some serious financial problems.

If I recall correctly, his feedback score was 17. Is it completely unreasonable to think he worked on building up his feedback score in preparation for a big scam group buy (the first Taobao one)? Then when he saw how long he can hold onto people's money without any serious complaining, he decided to run a second group buy. He left the order and payment window open way past schedule to make sure he got as much money in as possible.

I'm pretty sure that even if someone is not over 45 days with PayPal, both his PayPal and associated bank account have no money in them.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 10:58:54 »
I don't understand how he could have a decent iTrader rating, and then just bail unless he had some serious financial problems.

If I recall correctly, his feedback score was 17. Is it completely unreasonable to think he worked on building up his feedback score in preparation for a big scam group buy (the first Taobao one)? Then when he saw how long he can hold onto people's money without any serious complaining, he decided to run a second group buy. He left the order and payment window open way past schedule to make sure he got as much money in as possible.

I'm pretty sure that even if someone is not over 45 days with PayPal, both his PayPal and associated bank account have no money in them.
His iTrader rating is from buying stuff 1 or 2 point that he's actually sell his thing.
I'm kind of feel strange after he's collected money from 1st group buy and the next day. He bought like 4 keyboards from classifieds Trope stuff and from that day i've never heard him said he's in China.

P.S. Do someone have his ip address?
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2012, 11:03:44 by net2522 »

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #312 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 11:08:01 »

Only Andrew knows the full amount of how many keys and of what designs were ordered. Afaik, over 200 caps were ordered.

Offline telepete

• Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo.
« Reply #313 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 12:13:52 »
Wow. I ordered a bunch and some other members have also been saying that they had large orders. Combined with his other fraudulent buy this guy made a killing off us. Its A LOT more than 200 caps here and its quite a bit of money. I'm a little embarrassed about getting scammed tho...
Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #314 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 12:25:17 »

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #315 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:00:31 »

A lot, I'll get in touch with you later (after we crucify this guy and get our money back) about actually ordering the keys, but I'd say we quite easily were over 1000.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:36:53 »
Waaaay off topic, but I just realized that your nickname is RagnOrock xD. Sorry for the times I probably used RagnArock.

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:40:09 »
Yeah, this is a disappointing revelation. I am having trouble disputing with paypal because I paid all the way in May... but I am trying to go through the right channels. Other than that.. I just might be at a loss?

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
[SENDING INVOICES]imsto Dyesub Caps(SECOND COMING)
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:42:45 »
Yeah, this is a disappointing revelation. I am having trouble disputing with paypal because I paid all the way in May... but I am trying to go through the right channels. Other than that.. I just might be at a loss?

Try disputing with your bank or credit card company if you paid with either one of them.  I did.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:54:36 »
Waaaay off topic, but I just realized that your nickname is RagnOrock xD. Sorry for the times I probably used RagnArock.

Lol yeah, no worries. Its an intentional misspell since the account isn't taken much more often.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 15:04:21 »
Just a word of caution in the mix here.  During the first tour of my Cherry switch tester we were sure for weeks that one guy had just walked off with it.  Much later we found out he had in fact been in the hospital, near death.  His brother forwarded the tester on and we all felt like douches for badmouthing him in the thread.

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 15:05:35 »

Try disputing with your bank or credit card company if you paid with either one of them.  I did.

Yeah, apparently this is my only option right now... I guess I'll just go with it. Snail mail and documents required - blah..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 15:07:50 »
I'm not sure that's necessary. I don't know if you mean to require everyone to participate in it or not, but that doesn't sound like something I'm interested in. I prefer to do them myself, I run them my way without having to discuss/collaborate with anyone, and as such my group buys are the simplest, fastest, and most organized there are... so no I'm not interested in that, everyone knows by now that I'm no thief.
eh i dont know about that.

soon as you adopt google forms, maybe.

but as of now, boiler holds that crown.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 15:08:28 »
Just a word of caution in the mix here.  During the first tour of my Cherry switch tester we were sure for weeks that one guy had just walked off with it.  Much later we found out he had in fact been in the hospital, near death.  His brother forwarded the tester on and we all felt like douches for badmouthing him in the thread.

(-_-  ")

c'mon dude. From what he's said. He's delay king. How can he be near death.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2012, 15:22:48 by net2522 »

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 15:28:13 »
>Imsto
From calculation of the numbers I keep getting, the orders were little over 500 keycap = 1000 USD, which is a felony.

>hashbaz
That is true, but Chandrew did say he was working on something with the shipping. And imsto here, the person who will be making the dyesubs, is saying he never ordered anything.

>et al.
From this, I shall seriously embark on making a CMS. Got run to work now.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 20:04:38 »
I'm not sure that's necessary. I don't know if you mean to require everyone to participate in it or not, but that doesn't sound like something I'm interested in. I prefer to do them myself, I run them my way without having to discuss/collaborate with anyone, and as such my group buys are the simplest, fastest, and most organized there are... so no I'm not interested in that, everyone knows by now that I'm no thief.
eh i dont know about that.

soon as you adopt google forms, maybe.

but as of now, boiler holds that crown.

Lol if you say so. Its not a competition. My point is that I've been proven trustworthy and I don't run any round 4s. Honestly if the PM system remains this cumbersome to use I probably will be transitioning to a google form or one I make myself.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 22:18:05 »
well, no denying your GBs get done (at a price).

and with this new PM system.. for your sanity a form would be better.

or until they fix the system. because as it stands.. bleh.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 22:48:56 »
Yeah man, I'm having a hell of a time utilizing that database like I used to. I mean I can still search but I have to do way more steps, and it doesn't separate them as well as it used to.

Offline gimpster

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 01:52:48 »
Figured I would update you guys with what's been happening with my own attempts to dispute the charge. PayPal auto-closed my dispute because I was well outside the 45-day window (I paid on 5/15). I called my bank to see what my options were. One thing they clarified for me is that it's 60 days from the statement cut date that would include the transaction. I don't know if that's the same for everyone, but if it's the same for your bank, then it'll give you a few extra days to get your dispute in. They looked into the options for this, and unfortunately they could not dispute the charge directly. Technically, since the draft from my bank account to PayPal was authorized, then the only option for me to do was to fill out papers alleging that the PayPal draft was not authorized. They advised me that if I filled out that form, then PayPal will probably come after me for the money. I decided to do it anyway, because at least then PayPal will have to talk to me, which they won't even do right now because it's past their 45-day limit. They agreed with my logic, so I filled out the form and faxed it in. We'll see what happens.

Hopefully I can convince PayPal to open a dispute despite the time difference and go after this guy. Oh, a tip for anyone else in the same boat, if you talk to PayPal, I would recommend avoiding terms like "group buy", "pre-purchase", or anything else that suggests this was a payment for goods he did not have in-hand. They seem to look down on those things, so it would probably just be best to stick to "I paid for a product, he kept promising it was on it's way but stalled saying there were shipping problems or other things which is why it went past the 45-day limit." Then hopefully they'll do something for us.
-Ryan

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 10:39:43 »
And imsto here, the person who will be making the dyesubs, is saying he never ordered anything.

We know that already, but did he even approach imsto? If not, we can be sure this is intended scam. If not it might still be scamming by accident or on a whim, but the former is much worse.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #330 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:34:56 »
>Zehkul
I believe it was done on a whim due to an emergency. Do not know why though. Still I know it was a scam since he never order like he said he did twice. You are welcome to ask imsto, he is here.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #331 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:45:21 »
I'm 66 days since payment... am I screwed?
I love Elzy

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #332 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:46:25 »
Short answer - yes

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #333 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:47:27 »

At least mine was only $16...
I love Elzy

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #334 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:48:56 »
Short answer - yes

What is the long answer? :P

Offline gimpster

« Reply #335 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:49:43 »
Short answer - yes

What is the long answer? :P

It depends on your bank and who you're willing to blow. ;)
-Ryan

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #336 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:51:05 »
Can't we do a group complain to PayPal to make an exception? :(
I love Elzy

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #337 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:52:07 »
I'm out over $100.  My only option is to sit tight and hope chandrew is really a decent human being that is completely distracted for a legitimate reason.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #338 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 23:53:48 »
glad i didnt send my 68 dollars in.

deadbeat buyer FTW

Offline mickd

« Reply #339 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 02:44:08 »
Just to let you guys know what the bank said to me. They basically said that they can definitely dispute it and that the bank is generally very good about these things. He said since I paid via direct debt I'll have to pop into my local branch and they'll be able to do it for me no problems.

I'm not sure what PayPal will do afterwards, but it does sound like the bank has no problems handling it.

<- The Commonwealth Bank of Australia
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 July 2012, 03:01:26 by mickd »

Offline Rockfing

« Reply #340 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 05:39:43 »
I was really looking forward for the turtles keys :(

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #341 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 13:23:24 »
Between this and taobao... anyone venture to guess the total $?

:-X

Offline el2k

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 15:09:48 »
Easily $1000. Easily.
sc00pz for life

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 16:27:24 »
I'm out over $100.  My only option is to sit tight and hope chandrew is really a decent human being that is completely distracted for a legitimate reason.

Pretty much this. Plus I’m way too nice to start talking bad about someone who really could have some trouble, to call moscow debt collecting (seriously?), or to screw over paypal… :-/ Being nice sucks. ^^

Offline gimpster

« Reply #344 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 21:52:34 »

Pretty much this. Plus I’m way too nice to start talking bad about someone who really could have some trouble, to call moscow debt collecting (seriously?), or to screw over paypal… :-/ Being nice sucks. ^^

WTF does this have to do with any imagined problems he might be having? IT'S NOT HIS MONEY, IT'S OURS. You're not taking anything from him, he took something from all of us, and then vanished. Serious problems or not, that doesn't give him the right (no matter how nice you are) to keep our money.
-Ryan

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 22:00:23 »
Edit: Changdrew also sent me a refund.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 July 2012, 15:10:26 by RiffRaff »

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 00:20:11 »
>RiffRaff
That's the plan after I talk to him. If I can't That is still going. Need my Friday to continue. Can't do it right now.

PS
Sent while at work, and on break, sipping choco.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 01:50:37 »
>RiffRaff
That's the plan after I talk to him. If I can't That is still going. Need my Friday to continue. Can't do it right now.

PS
Sent while at work, and on break, sipping choco.

Please do anything for sake of overseas dude like me.

Thanks

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 02:16:09 »
out $24.60, but still sucks something like this can happen
Also sucks how we can't see profiles to see if he's been on or not

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 03:56:33 »
Just went through my chat history because I remembered him saying something to me about a trip to China he was going to make..

[2012/5/3 下午 06:29:01] : im also going to china over the summer for some philantropy thing
[2012/5/3 下午 06:29:08] : but its in the middle of nowhere

He didn't tell me the date.. but it would make a lot of sense if he had to go to this during the long duration of geekhack being down, so he was unable to post anything. Although I'm not sure why he didn't tell us anything, especially me, since we talked frequently. This is all I could really find for now. I'll try to go through more chatlogs to see if there are any subtle hints or more info.