Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1394088 times)

Offline Kabuks

Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 19:23:16 »
Just ordered.  :thumb:

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 19:51:05 »
I heard lubed ergo clears are the god tier of Mx switches so i guess that's what i'm going to do with my Dox.
I prefer 62g whites, but they are nice. Either is good for an ergodox.

I have several spherical keybaords, and I prefer typing on the more sculpted "round5 style" but I think either will be excellent.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 22:45:30 »
I heard lubed ergo clears are the god tier of Mx switches so i guess that's what i'm going to do with my Dox.

I have several spherical keybaords, and I prefer typing on the more sculpted "round5 style" but I think either will be excellent.
I would try out cherry mx whites but i don't know anywhere/anyone that has them.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 22:55:34 »

I would try out cherry mx whites but i don't know anywhere/anyone that has them.

You could always put up a WTB in classifieds. I'm sure someone will offer. As many people know, I'm an ergo-clear advocate. 62g lubed Ergo clears 4 lyfe :D Maybe 55g too. I don't dislike any switches though; as long as you find what's right for you, it's all that matters. What's important is you try out as many switch types as possible because no matter how informative a person's description of a certain switch can be, it's nothing like feeling them for yourself.

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 05:05:23 »
I ordered a set for my Das Keyboard and I can't wait to order for my ErgoDox.
To match my terminal I would like dark alphas for the ErgoDox.

Wallethack indeed!

Offline argyakrivos

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 05:30:30 »
Just paid the invoice! :)

Offline mooswa

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 11:24:54 »
1 day left, can't risk missing it while waiting for final profile decision, order placed

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 12:16:26 »
What was the r3 issue?

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:55:58 »
Paid invoice.  :thumb:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:05:41 »
What was the r3 issue?

Some of the modifiers were not of proper width (too short).  That's why Round 5 includes some blue modifiers in correct lenghts now.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Apexx

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:15:31 »
Ordered on site! These caps are too good to miss!  :D

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:20:17 »
What was the r3 issue?

Some of the modifiers were not of proper width (too short).  That's why Round 5 includes some blue modifiers in correct lenghts now.
Also the backspace key was the wrong profile for that row and corrected with the R4 repair set. 

Offline mooswa

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:28:08 »
What was the r3 issue?

Whether to go with regular SA profile (all rows are different) - or `flat alphas` profile - tab caps and shift are all R3, numbers are R2. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2013, 19:13:52 by mooswa »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:31:23 »

What was the r3 issue?

Are you saying that the R5 set does not have correct length mods if you don't buy the blue mods?  Do you have a reference.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:32:45 »
No that's not what I"m saying.  Round 5 is red/gray/black/white.  The Blue modifiers are for Round 3 and are even called "repair".

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 19:01:12 »

No that's not what I"m saying.  Round 5 is red/gray/black/white.  The Blue modifiers are for Round 3 and are even called "repair".

Oh thanks. I understand now.

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 20:28:16 »
My super awesome wife got me a set for the work keyboard as part of my Christmas present. :)  First keycap set and GH groupbuy.  :)
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 21:19:35 »
oh noes... is this the last day for payment?

got hacked on Round 5 (7bit you monster!)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #268 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 21:22:30 »

Me too...  Having a real problem figuring out if I can afford to get this.  I have never tried SA profile, so I feel like it is a pretty big risk getting so much SA, but this is just too awesome...   :-\

Offline xqz

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 22:22:10 »
Hey bunny how come I got invoiced again after I paid?

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 22:24:49 »

Me too...  Having a real problem figuring out if I can afford to get this.  I have never tried SA profile, so I feel like it is a pretty big risk getting so much SA, but this is just too awesome...   :-\
`

SA is nice   ;D

ooooh the beauty!

Offline kekkon

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 22:54:49 »
Paid the invoices. :p

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 22:58:03 »
It is like 4 am here (I'm only awake because im ill and on a very random sleeping schedule) so I wouldn't imagine Bunny being awake :)

With regards to getting 2 invoices,  I would recommend PM'ing him just to make sure he is aware.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #273 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 00:11:18 »
It is like 4 am here (I'm only awake because im ill and on a very random sleeping schedule) so I wouldn't imagine Bunny being awake :)

4AM, that's the bewitching hour.  I always get weird creatures crawling on the walls at that time, that's why I always walk out in the early morning air and see what's to be done in the workshop.

Offline TravisW

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 00:46:15 »
Just paid the invoice on my first GB, looking forward to getting the set!

I'm potentially interested in an Ergodox kit too. I'll watch this thread for details.

Also, BunnyLake, if you haven't sorted out what bonus keys if any you'll arrange, can I humbly suggest an escape key in the set's red with a light grey legend? I think the contrast would be striking! And thanks again for arranging this excellent set!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #275 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 04:42:24 »

i cant find that my end sir, if you could please send me the 2 invoice numbers ill sort that out for you and advise if its an error or a reason for it

to everything else, sorry ive been away for a day or so doing family stuff, i iwll be on properly tonight and tomorrow as usual but busy most of today
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline G.C.W.

• Formerly t!ng
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 06:18:17 »
Question about the iso kit:

The return comes unprinted?
The shift is grey on blue?

Offline balanar

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:04:34 »
I'm sorry if this is something that has been brought up and/or resolved already but as I was looking over the mockups again and trying not to send my wallet into oblivion by ordering more stuff, I noticed that the requisite 1.25x & 1.5x capslock on the bottom row to facilitate a swap with the control keys aren't pictured? The 'Caps Lock' key in the tsangan doesn't appear to be 1.5x. Or is the plan to use some other key in place of the 'CTRL' key on the bottom row? I thought a 'CAPS' key or something would be appropriate but hey that's just me!

Please ignore this if the 'problem' has been rectified.

Edit: I'm also officially expressing interest in an ErgoDox set and will stay on top of this thread as you instructed Bunny!
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:10:39 by balanar »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:11:17 »
Question about the iso kit:

The return comes unprinted?
The shift is grey on blue?

iso shift will be blue on blue, sorry the mockup is wrong, but the final revision will match the other shifts

sadly the enter will be sans legend

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:11:51 »
I'm sorry if this is something that has been brought up and/or resolved already but as I was looking over the mockups again and trying not to send my wallet into oblivion by ordering more stuff, I noticed that the requisite 1.25x & 1.5x capslock on the bottom row to facilitate a swap with the control keys aren't pictured? The 'Caps Lock' key in the tsangan doesn't appear to be 1.5x. Or is the plan to use some other key in place of the 'CTRL' key on the bottom row? I thought a 'CAPS' key or something would be appropriate but hey that's just me!

Edit: I'm also officially expressing interest in an ErgoDox set and will stay on top of this thread as you instructed Bunny!

i will add a caps lock 1.25 mod

Offline balanar

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:12:52 »

Awesome! Might be pushing my luck here but would it make sense for a 1.5 caps lock mod in the tsangan?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:12:56 »
Just paid the invoice on my first GB, looking forward to getting the set!

I'm potentially interested in an Ergodox kit too. I'll watch this thread for details.

Also, BunnyLake, if you haven't sorted out what bonus keys if any you'll arrange, can I humbly suggest an escape key in the set's red with a light grey legend? I think the contrast would be striking! And thanks again for arranging this excellent set!

extra keys are being added, there is 9 hours left on the buy, once it closes i will be sorting out final additional keys and the ergodox kit, and have a final list to everyone shortly

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:15:22 »

Awesome! Might be pushing my luck here but would it make sense for a 1.5 caps lock mod in the tsangan?

at some pont there is a cut off where by you would need one of every size etc, i think in the tsangan there are plenty of additional keys already that would replace ctrl, but i think it was a valid point for the 1.25

we obviously have lots more base orders then tsangan, so its far cheaper to slip the extra key in there, there are going to be many extra keys added, and there are just things higher up on the list to go in before that many variations of caps lock

this isnt a no, but it isnt a confirmation like the 1,25 one either

Offline balanar

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:16:33 »

at some pont there is a cut off where by you would need one of every size etc, i think in the tsangan there are plenty of additional keys already that would replace ctrl, but i think it was a valid point for the 1.25

we obviously have lots more base orders then tsangan, so its far cheaper to slip the extra key in there, there are going to be many extra keys added, and there are just things higher up on the list to go in before that many variations of caps lock

this isnt a no, but it isnt a confirmation like the 1,25 one either

Roger that Bunny, also dropped you a PM.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 07:17:28 »

yes it is, however, some people pm'd me about making late payments etc, and i have accommodated those people, what i normally do, is allow people who contact me to pay late if needed, but cancel any orders of people who dont contact me

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(last few hours)
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 08:03:05 »
could the ergodox people come together and get an open discussion going as to what they need in the ergodox set, i dont know enough about it to keep everyone happy, but if someone could come up with a full list of what they would like, ill get the quotes and we can get it sorted

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 08:17:51 »
I'm not interested in ergodox but you might use this as a reference (taken from round 5)

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 08:25:34 »
must pay invoice...

Offline xqz

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 09:41:35 »

i cant find that my end sir, if you could please send me the 2 invoice numbers ill sort that out for you and advise if its an error or a reason for it

to everything else, sorry ive been away for a day or so doing family stuff, i iwll be on properly tonight and tomorrow as usual but busy most of today

One invoice is 0584. The latest invoice said order 313

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 09:51:01 »
could the ergodox people come together and get an open discussion going as to what they need in the ergodox set, i dont know enough about it to keep everyone happy, but if someone could come up with a full list of what they would like, ill get the quotes and we can get it sorted

The existing alphas should work fine on an ergodox, especially if we go with the 23 Commando profile keys where all the alphas are row3. They'll work even better if the base set includes unscooped F and J. That's assuming there are any prospective ergodox peeps not using qwerty-ish layouts.

That leaves us with mods to figure out. Most ergodox mods are blank since the thing is reprogrammable but this set features some pretty sweet different legend colorings that really add character to it. Is it worth trying to find things to write on the mods? Again, doing all row3 would help us out because then we'd be able to put the legend'd modifier keys anywhere they fit.

Here's a very janky mockup of what a blank Penumbradox kit might look like using 7bit's all row 3 ergodox base kit a starting point.

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:05:51 »
have not received the invoice
:/

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:09:53 »

The existing alphas should work fine on an ergodox, especially if we go with the 23 Commando profile keys where all the alphas are row3. They'll work even better if the base set includes unscooped F and J. That's assuming there are any prospective ergodox peeps not using qwerty-ish layouts.

That leaves us with mods to figure out. Most ergodox mods are blank since the thing is reprogrammable but this set features some pretty sweet different legend colorings that really add character to it. Is it worth trying to find things to write on the mods? Again, doing all row3 would help us out because then we'd be able to put the legend'd modifier keys anywhere they fit.

Here's a very janky mockup of what a blank Penumbradox kit might look like using 7bit's all row 3 ergodox base kit a starting point.

Show Image

Maybe pairs of Super, Meta, GeekHack and CODE keys, any other generic legends that are part of other sets. Maybe even some exclusive legends, that might get some extra users to get the ErgoDox kit for the special mods.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:25:25 »

Show Image

Maybe pairs of Super, Meta, GeekHack and CODE keys, any other generic legends that are part of other sets. Maybe even some exclusive legends, that might get some extra users to get the ErgoDox kit for the special mods.

Yeah. As well as those, are the Circle, Square, Triangle, Diamond keys from 7bit's SA buys open for anyone to use?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:39:47 »

One invoice is 0584. The latest invoice said order 313

you only have 1 invoice sir, one is your orders number, with the site you made the order, and one is your invoice number, with paypal

you only have one invoice, those numbers as i say are you order and invoice number respectively

if i am wrong, could you please give me you invoice numbers please from paypal

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:40:38 »
have not received the invoice
:/

it hasnt been sent yet, you literally just placed your order in the last 24 hours, i will do the final wave of invoicing once orders have completed tonight or tomorrow

Offline jefferai

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:47:49 »
Re ErgoDox set, I'd be much happier with ergonomics over position customizability (IOW not all R3). I'd also be much happier with beautifully colored keys and legends (as in the normal set) over blanks.

Overall I'd be happy with proper row QWERTY keys that look and feel beautiful. I can remember any layout changes in my head...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:48:33 »
Ordered...  Thanks for doing this bunny.  Pretty excited about these...

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:55:30 »
thanks Bunny   :-*

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:56:14 »

so the 1800 mock up shows it having a 1x + key which isn't shown in the numpad mock up. I was wondering if that is mentioned elsewhere as being included?

i've been trying to avoid anymore SP GB, but keep coming back to it as its just so nice looking  :-\
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:59:23 »
It will be included, here's a quote from some time ago:

Here you go.  While I was making this, I noticed that the 1800 needs a 1x "+" for the numpad, whereas the set, as currently laid out, only offers a 2x "+".  But the mock up assumes a 1x "+"

(Attachment Link)

does any know if this was fixed or made aware to bunny?

yeah i havent changed the mockups, but itll all be included