Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1397074 times)

Offline jefferai

Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)
« Reply #1000 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 07:31:07 »
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Americans won't know what that is but I DO! I grew up in Australia so I know. I MISS THOSE SO MUCH. I've been in USA for 13 years now... but I lived in Melbourne for 10. OMG... I want some... damn....

Not sure where in the USA you are but here in Boston I have increasingly been able to find Australian imports in larger (and not even upmarket) supermarket chains in the "World Foods" section...including quite a selection of candy.

As much as I love Australian candy, nothing will make me eat Maltesers again. As much as I respect the idea behind their Roller ad, it ain't good candy.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1001 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 07:33:53 »
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Americans won't know what that is but I DO! I grew up in Australia so I know. I MISS THOSE SO MUCH. I've been in USA for 13 years now... but I lived in Melbourne for 10. OMG... I want some... damn....

Not sure where in the USA you are but here in Boston I have increasingly been able to find Australian imports in larger (and not even upmarket) supermarket chains in the "World Foods" section...including quite a selection of candy.

As much as I love Australian candy, nothing will make me eat Maltesers again. As much as I respect the idea behind their Roller ad, it ain't good candy.

You take that back right now! Maltesers are the bomb :P
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1002 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 07:39:51 »
Stupid smileys

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 07:40:03 »

It's okay...Whoppers suck too :D

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 12:08:32 »

Whoppers are SO bad.
I loved them as a kid but they taste like plastic to me now.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:30:05 »

the EU penumbra sets should be with me any day now, ill have them out right away

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1006 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:41:25 »

Can confirm, never heard of em. They do look a lot like Crunchie bars though.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1007 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:49:29 »
Show Image

the EU penumbra sets should be with me any day now, ill have them out right away

Who's doing my order Bunny?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1008 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:50:31 »
Show Image

raccoon good sir

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:58:09 »

Whoppers are SO bad.

I thought people just went to Australia for Tim Tams and Vegemite. Oh, and did anyone get Arnott's teddy bear biscuits? I went for three weeks in 1999 to set up an ancient refurbished machine for their teddy bears.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1010 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:35:10 »

Currently living in a small town so not much access to such things :( And Maltesers ain't too bad. Just not as good as Violet Crumble :P

:P

Whoppers are SO bad.

I thought people just went to Australia for Tim Tams and Vegemite. Oh, and did anyone get Arnott's teddy bear biscuits? I went for three weeks in 1999 to set up an ancient refurbished machine for their teddy bears.

Ugh... missing Australia pretty bad right now... I ran out of Vegemite like a month ago... the prices on Amazon are absurd. I think I was posting and talking to people on here in another thread on cheaper ways to obtain some... LOL.

Show Image

Do you know by any chance if Raccoon has sent out those Murican packages yet, good sir? :) Where hath that buddy Raccoon of mine, gone?! Miss him. I haven't talked to him in awhile :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1011 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 15:45:58 »

Currently living in a small town so not much access to such things :( And Maltesers ain't too bad. Just not as good as Violet Crumble :P

Whoppers are SO bad.

Ugh... missing Australia pretty bad right now... I ran out of Vegemite like a month ago... the prices on Amazon are absurd. I think I was posting and talking to people on here in another thread on cheaper ways to obtain some... LOL.

Show Image

Do you know by any chance if Raccoon has sent out those Murican packages yet, good sir? :) Where hath that buddy Raccoon of mine, gone?! Miss him. I haven't talked to him in awhile :(

i believe he is starting to

he is a busy boy these days

you will get an email when yours ships

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1012 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 16:09:42 »

Whoppers are SO bad.

Show Image

i believe he is starting to

he is a busy boy these days

you will get an email when yours ships

Thank you for the swift response. I look forward to it!

You da man.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1013 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 20:52:07 »

The old Tim Tams were pretty good but now they're made in Indonesia so they are not Australian anymore.  Plus they now taste quite foul with what ever ingredients that are being used now.

Vegemite isn't Australian owned anymore, but it's still tastes like salt when eaten by anyone.  Only the strong can eat it from a spoon only, still my all time favourite  :thumb: .

I remembered Teddy Bear biccies from my era.  Also don't forget Milk Arrowroot biscuits that were good and cheap, plus we always had them at tea time.  Also don't forget Wagon-Wheels because I use to walk for miles to the deli up near Kalbarri when I was young, for that tasty treat.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 20:55:29 »
Show Image

raccoon good sir

So Bunny is that for all Australians that Raccoon is doing the packing for?

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:07:03 »

The old Tim Tams were pretty good but now they're made in Indonesia so they are not Australian anymore.  Plus they now taste quite foul with what ever ingredients that are being used now.

Vegemite isn't Australian owned anymore, but it's still tastes like salt when eaten by anyone.  Only the strong can eat it from a spoon only, still my all time favourite  :thumb: .

I remembered Teddy Bear biccies from my era.  Also don't forget Milk Arrowroot biscuits that were good and cheap, plus we always had them at tea time.  Also don't forget Wagon-Wheels because I use to walk for miles to the deli up near Kalbarri when I was young, for that tasty treat.

Shame on them ruining Tim Tams,as I recall they were a bit like british penguin bars but way better quality and more varieties. Mind you I also recall Natalie Imbruglia (or some other neighbours actress) explaining how to bite opposing corners off them, use them as a straw for coffee, then eat the biscuit after (godly). Wagon wheels are a firm favourite and my local shop 20 yards away sells 6 packs, so no walkabout here to get them. Vegemite has cult status all over the world, not just because of Men at Work. I think its possible to buy it direct from some UK stores these days.

Maltesers seem to be mostly marketed in the UK as chocolate for girls. A few adverts about women sat together discussing how crap men are over a bag of them.

(Sorry everyone for sabotaging this GB with important australian stack information. oh wait, every GB post needs a diversion.)
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:12:08 »
(Sorry everyone for sabotaging this GB with important australian stack information. oh wait, every GB post needs a diversion.)

Don't blame yourself because I'm the current KING of de-rails here at Geekhack central  ;D ;D ;D ;D .

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:14:09 »

Watch out for wildlife when you put that Vegemite on the spoon. Animals are naturally attracted to salt licks.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:50:27 »
good news, the first batch of US orders are packed and shipping

the eu orders are arriving to me tomorrow morning and will also go out right away

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:51:05 »
Neato! Can't wait!

Offline goobafish

« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:57:59 »
Awesome! Are Canadian orders going to be shipped alongside the US or EU ones?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 14:59:06 »

i always say US when what i really mean is conus and canada

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1022 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 15:13:01 »

i always say US when what i really mean is conus and canada

:thumb: 
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 15:17:57 by GSimon »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1023 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:49:22 »
And EU means EU and the rest of the world?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1024 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:49:45 »

nope

i do eu and uk

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1025 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:56:46 »

nope

i do eu and uk
Ah, OK. Thanks.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1026 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 18:00:22 »

nope

i do eu and uk
Ah, OK. Thanks.

we have an asian proxy who will send the other orders out, we just need to finish off all the cables to get that order out

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1027 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 07:20:34 »
EU orders have arrived to me, and will be shipping over tomorrow and saturday

Offline LordBadger

« Reply #1028 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 07:25:49 »
Yay!!!! :)

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #1029 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:55:02 »
Exciting to see that CONUS orders are about to start shipping!

If anyone has the solarized alphas that they want to sell please let me know. I didn't order them and after seeing pics would really like to use them. (Made a post in classifieds about this as, waiting on it to be approved)

Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1030 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:56:47 »

If anyone has the solarized alphas that they want to sell please let me know. I didn't order them and after seeing pics would really like to use them. (Made a post in classifieds about this as, waiting on it to be approved)

Thanks!

i have a bunch of those extra

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #1031 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:47:02 »

Thanks!

i have a bunch of those extra

N/M: I saw your PM. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:48:47 by Kelsin »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1032 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:48:10 »
i sent you a pm

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1033 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:49:52 »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1034 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:03:45 »
Just wanted to say that I really like the updates feature you added on CTRLAlt.io. I got the e-mail and then logged into my account to see the update there. Thank you.

Also, HUGE thank you for such a fast turn-around on getting the UK/EU orders out. I think that's a record.  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1035 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:05:46 »
Just wanted to say that I really like the updates feature you added on CTRLAlt.io. I got the e-mail and then logged into my account to see the update there. Thank you.

Also, HUGE thank you for such a fast turn-around on getting the UK/EU orders out. I think that's a record.  :thumb:

haha, i tend to do that as soon as i ever get the sets in, more for my wifes benefit so everything isnt sat around the house hehe

thanks for the props on the updates, the only issue with it right now, is it updates every user, not just the users associated with just that gb, but we are working on it as we dont want it to become to spammy

Offline nomaded

« Reply #1036 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:10:51 »
Sweet. Also got the update email. Looking forward to getting my set soon. Now I just need to remember what I ordered.

Ah, looks like I got the base set and the ErgoDox modifiers, but didn't get the Solarized Alphas. *sigh* Oh well.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1037 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:13:32 »

Bunny = fastest UK shipper :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1038 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:36:33 »

haha, i tend to do that as soon as i ever get the sets in, more for my wifes benefit so everything isnt sat around the house hehe

thanks for the props on the updates, the only issue with it right now, is it updates every user, not just the users associated with just that gb, but we are working on it as we dont want it to become to spammy

spammy isn't all bad :P :D

Offline Apexx

« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:54:13 »
Thanks for the update Bunny. Excited to get my set after the wait!

I also sent you a PM as well about something.

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 15:48:22 »
This site you guys are running really did make this group buy a pleasure. Having better updates would make a good process even better. Keep it up :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1041 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:07:35 »
I received an email this morning advising that the Penumbra sets had shipped/were shipping.

Odd, because I didn't order this particular set.

Were these emails sent to everyone with a [CTRL]ALT account, rather than just those who are participating in Penumbra GB?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:08:13 »
I received an email this morning advising that the Penumbra sets had shipped/were shipping.

Were these emails sent to everyone with a [CTRL]ALT account, rather than just those who are participating in Penumbra GB?

yeah that is correct

sorry sir

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:09:29 »

yeah that is correct

sorry sir

No worries at all Mr BunnyLake :)

I know I forget things I have bought, but I was pretty sure I didn't buy this one :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 19:50:23 »
I know I forget things I have bought, but I was pretty sure I didn't buy this one :))

Maybe you're getting mine, because I never got the notification at all...........  :( .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:01:02 »

Maybe you're getting mine, because I never got the notification at all...........  :( .

I can send you a copy of the notification if you like :))

Keycaps?  What keycaps??

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:10:55 »

I can send you a copy of the notification if you like :))

Keycaps?  What keycaps??

Don't worry I had to go back into BitDefender and uncheck spam deliveries from Ctrl/Alt address.

Got the update from them.  Although only mentions UK/EU delivery with CONUS being worked on at this moment.

Offline Greeeg

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:19:59 »
Got the update from them.  Although only mentions UK/EU delivery with CONUS being worked on at this moment.

From what's being said so far, The rest of the orders are waiting on cables?

we have an asian proxy who will send the other orders out, we just need to finish off all the cables to get that order out

I'd imagine AUS is included, we're pretty much the same area of the globe.
Don't worry, I'm sure these beautiful caps will make it to our island eventually.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 23:49:33 »

From what's being said so far, The rest of the orders are waiting on cables?

I'd imagine AUS is included, we're pretty much the same area of the globe.
Don't worry, I'm sure these beautiful caps will make it to our island eventually.

For a lot of Bunny-led group buys I understand that BunnyLake distributes the European orders, and the Aussie ones ship directly from the US.

Not sure about this Asian proxy, whether that includes Australia.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1049 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 05:44:17 »
yeah, generally for Australian order they are shipped from the US, however for future buys, including raindrop, i think i will now ship them myself from the UK to take some of the load off raccoon