Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3526477 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #14450 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 21:20:25 »
Why don't you see half plates that much in customs anymore?

I only remember seeing it for one OTD (360?), The Cheat, and an attempt at it for TGR which was recent

Ahh ok - maybe im assuming they were more popular than they actually were

I guess having a plate that allows for switch opening (without desoldering) kind of negates the need for a half plate?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #14451 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 21:25:37 »

I only remember seeing it for one OTD (360?), The Cheat, and an attempt at it for TGR which was recent

I guess having a plate that allows for switch opening (without desoldering) kind of negates the need for a half plate?

Well, the one real effect you get from a half plate is a plate mount feel on the mods and a pcb mount feel on the alphas. Not super useful anyway
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #14452 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 21:26:29 »

Well, the one real effect you get from a half plate is a plate mount feel on the mods and a pcb mount feel on the alphas. Not super useful anyway

Ahhh totally forgot about that - thanks :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #14453 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 21:27:43 »

That's my assumption. Should also give it a good bit of added rigidity over a half plate.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #14454 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 04:09:47 »
Can anyone directly compare Matias Click switches with the original Complicated White ALPS for me? I have used my ALPS board enough to think that I like the switches a lot for typing but would like to try something more modern in design.

I find that Complicated Whites are heavier and not as smooth as the Matias Click switches. I prefer Matias Click to Complicated Whites.

Thank's for answering. I've been using my FK-2001 with white ALPS for a few days and I like them alright but they feel a little clunky sometimes.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14455 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 04:14:31 »
I've been using my first SA keyboard for a few weeks, and the wiggle is starting to annoy me. I know it's completely normal, but is there anything I can do to (literally) fix it? The keyboard already has an alu plate. The case is temporarily plastic, but that shouldn't matter, right?

Offline E3E

« Reply #14456 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 05:32:04 »
Can anyone directly compare Matias Click switches with the original Complicated White ALPS for me? I have used my ALPS board enough to think that I like the switches a lot for typing but would like to try something more modern in design.

I find that Complicated Whites are heavier and not as smooth as the Matias Click switches. I prefer Matias Click to Complicated Whites.

Thank's for answering. I've been using my FK-2001 with white ALPS for a few days and I like them alright but they feel a little clunky sometimes.

I believe I have had six vintage blue Alps boards so far, and still, I haven't been able to try a complicated white Alps board yet, hahaha. Eh.  :rolleyes:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14457 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 06:37:03 »
We're 50 key IBMs made with F internals using the M style case, or did all the F versions have the 4704 style cast case?

It was a cast metal plate IIRC

Thanks CBA, I am assuming this one is M by the date on the label, but was F internals ever used in the same case?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/IBM-KEYBOARD-4707-50-KEY-POS-1392560-/172050888228?nav=SEARCH

I'm far from an IBM expert so I'm not sure. All I know is that the 4074 50key that dorkvader showed me had F internals and a cast metal case.

I've been using my first SA keyboard for a few weeks, and the wiggle is starting to annoy me. I know it's completely normal, but is there anything I can do to (literally) fix it? The keyboard already has an alu plate. The case is temporarily plastic, but that shouldn't matter, right?

You can shim the caps with a bit of plastic. Like tape or a sandwich baggie. That might help.

Not that popular and I don't think the effect works as well as advertised. I've never tried it myself though.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #14458 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 06:37:57 »

Not that popular and I don't think the effect works as well as advertised. I've never tried it myself though.

Thanks man

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14459 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:05:58 »
I just got 1976 and after putting it on a Pok3r I noticed the spacebar sticks quite a bit...sometimes it even just stays down when I press the key slowly.

Just wondering what the issue could be here. I tried it with a GMK spacebar and it seems to work fine.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #14460 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:09:34 »
I just got 1976 and after putting it on a Pok3r I noticed the spacebar sticks quite a bit...sometimes it even just stays down when I press the key slowly.

Just wondering what the issue could be here. I tried it with a GMK spacebar and it seems to work fine.
Check and see if in inside of the spacebar is rubbing against the stabilizer. You might need to shave it down a touch.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14461 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:10:03 »

lube fixes this normally.
I love Elzy

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14462 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:12:30 »

lube fixes this normally.

Check and see if in inside of the spacebar is rubbing against the stabilizer. You might need to shave it down a touch.

Thanks guys I'll try both of these things when I get home.

Which part would typically be rubbing against the Cherry stabs? The stem itself, or one of the edges of the spacebar?

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #14463 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:14:10 »

Which part would typically be rubbing against the Cherry stabs? The stem itself, or one of the edges of the spacebar?
The interior edge of the spacebar. I've taken a nail file to a few keys before. It doesn't take much and there is no visible impact. And a little lube, as Sifo mentioned, may also do the trick.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14464 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 11:16:24 »

The interior edge of the spacebar. I've taken a nail file to a few keys before. It doesn't take much and there is no visible impact. And a little lube, as Sifo mentioned, may also do the trick.

Thanks <3

Hopefully it's as simple a fix as you guys are suggesting!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14465 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 18:41:45 »
Desoldering all switches on a WASD V2, swapping springs, stickering, and lubing; is it actually viable or not?

The key press is too light, but I don't want to damage to contacts whilst desoldering.

(Just in case) Is the PCB swappable?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14466 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 18:52:57 »
Desoldering all switches on a WASD V2, swapping springs, stickering, and lubing; is it actually viable or not?

The key press is too light, but I don't want to damage to contacts whilst desoldering.

(Just in case) Is the PCB swappable?

Viable if you know what you're doing. It will require higher temperature to desolder since factories use lead free, so slightly higher risk of damage.

PCB is not swappable, is the short answer.
I love Elzy

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #14467 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:42:18 »
Ah, I tried that. Did not work. No idea why... That was the first thing I tried, even before I put in the two other switches...

I'm a bit late, but did you insulate the terminals when you put them into the "botched" position so they didn't make contact with whatever is left of the botched holes?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Jixr

« Reply #14468 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 22:03:16 »
is the DS5 programable in its RGB features? or its it just set with default profiles?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #14470 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 22:49:02 »
My HHKB's spacebar sounds weird (clacky instead of thock-y) when I hit it in the middle. Is there a solution?

Also, if I press it down, and slightly wiggle it forward/backwards, i hear the spring squeaking hardcore.

Lastly, I have Tri-flow lube, that I bought for my X-55 HOTAS, would it be safe to use for an HHKB? Or will it chew through my board/desk/floor/neighbor-beneath-me?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14471 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 12:36:56 »
My HHKB's spacebar sounds weird (clacky instead of thock-y) when I hit it in the middle. Is there a solution?

Also, if I press it down, and slightly wiggle it forward/backwards, i hear the spring squeaking hardcore.

Lastly, I have Tri-flow lube, that I bought for my X-55 HOTAS, would it be safe to use for an HHKB? Or will it chew through my board/desk/floor/neighbor-beneath-me?

Have you tried just leaving out the spring? Some people say it feels better
I love Elzy

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14473 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 15:48:34 »
Anyone know what sets in the past have used SP's BBJ color? Or if anyone has a cap in that color/has the color swatch.
I love Elzy

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14474 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:39:22 »
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cds_yel_arrow

are those N6 or CV color?

Show Image

CV.  N6 is a god-awful goldenrod color.

Anyone know what sets in the past have used SP's BBJ color? Or if anyone has a cap in that color/has the color swatch.

AFAIK, none have.  I was wanting to do a set with that color in the past since it's such a fantastic color.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14476 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:47:56 »
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cds_yel_arrow

are those N6 or CV color?

Show Image

CV.  N6 is a god-awful goldenrod color.

AFAIK, none have.  I was wanting to do a set with that color in the past since it's such a fantastic color.

Yeah well that's why I'm doing it now. But I have a surprise I want to get going for people who get in on the GB so I want to see the color :\
I love Elzy

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #14477 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:40:11 »
Have you tried just leaving out the spring? Some people say it feels better

I'll give that a shot, thanks. Didn't occur to me to try without it.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14478 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:45:49 »
How do get GIFs work for avatars?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14479 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:49:08 »

Needs to be exact size 150x150 (or smaller) and uploaded via computer
I love Elzy

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14480 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:52:30 »

Needs to be exact size 150x150 (or smaller) and uploaded via computer

<3 :-*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14481 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 01:06:12 »

You could also try putting a small (~1cm2) bit of plastic over the stabilisers before you put the space bar on.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14482 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 01:07:04 »
Anyone know if there are meetups in Belgium/The Netherlands? Have yet to find fellow countrymen here and only know a few that share the hobby.

No idea, but you are welcome to create a thread in off topic to see if there is any interest.

If there is sufficient interest, the mods might even make the thread sticky for you.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14483 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 07:38:46 »
Can someone who have tried vintage black and zeal linear compare the 2 of them?  :thumb
Are the zeal better or the vintage black better?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #14484 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 07:49:28 »
If price isn't a factor I'd get Zeal, otherwise vintage blacks.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14485 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 07:50:42 »
If price isn't a factor I'd get Zeal, otherwise vintage blacks.
nah I don't care about the price

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14486 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 08:14:29 »
Can someone who have tried vintage black and zeal linear compare the 2 of them?  :thumb

The Zeal linears felt the same to me as the Gateron linears. Unless you really want the custom weighting, I think most people would be happy with Gateron Blacks and Reds. I prefer the Gaterons to Vintage Blacks just because they're easier to source.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #14487 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 08:18:20 »

The Zeal linears felt the same to me as the Gateron linears. Unless you really want the custom weighting, I think most people would be happy with Gateron Blacks and Reds. I prefer the Gaterons to Vintage Blacks just because they're easier to source.

Gateron makes Zeal switches, so feeling the same doesn't really come as a surprise to me.  :p
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14488 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 08:20:07 »

Nah bro I mean like the actual feeling of the switches bro does the vintage black feels better?  :thumb:
So its like gateron black with gold springs and transparent housing?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14489 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 08:22:54 »
Gateron makes Zeal switches, so feeling the same doesn't really come as a surprise to me.  :p

Yeah I guess I shouldve clarified my statement.

Nah bro I mean like the actual feeling of the switches bro does the vintage black feels better?  :thumb:

I'm not following your question now. I think Gaterons feel just as good or better. The Zealio linear are just Gateron black stems with custom springs and a different housing yes.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14490 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 08:25:02 »

Yeah I guess I shouldve clarified my statement.

I'm not following your question now. I think Gaterons feel just as good or better. The Zealio linear are just Gateron black stems with custom springs and a different housing yes.
Thank you bro that answer my question  :thumb:

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #14491 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 12:07:39 »
I stripped 3 screws on my Realforce.. I tried the rubber band method, but no luck. Any tips?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14492 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 12:59:35 »
I stripped 3 screws on my Realforce.. I tried the rubber band method, but no luck. Any tips?

For stripped screw sockets I usually do something like glue a toothpick or matchstick into the hole and then drill it out just smaller than the shaft of the screw.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #14493 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 13:02:47 »
Whatever you do, when you get them out, replace them with proper ones made of good metal.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #14494 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:07:14 »
Anybody have any experience with both linear green alps and matias linears? How do the matias linears compare to the greens?
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #14495 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:15:50 »
I haven't yet tried SKCL Green Alps but I will tomorrow when I fly home. If someone else hasn't answered before then, I'll let you know my experience.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14496 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:56:40 »
Anybody have any experience with both linear green alps and matias linears? How do the matias linears compare to the greens?

IMO, good condition linear greens are better feeling.  They're the smoothest linear switches I've felt.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #14497 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:11:37 »

For stripped screw sockets I usually do something like glue a toothpick or matchstick into the hole and then drill it out just smaller than the shaft of the screw.
This, or a guitar string, should work.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14498 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:18:15 »

The Matias Linears feel *much* lighter than SKCL Greens to me. The Matias linears also have a bit of a click on the downstroke which really threw me off. I much prefer SKCL Greens. The weight is a bit heavier and they're luciously smooth. Some of my favorite Alps switches period. Some more of my thoughts on the Matias Linears can be found here.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #14499 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 17:22:50 »
I haven't yet tried SKCL Green Alps but I will tomorrow when I fly home. If someone else hasn't answered before then, I'll let you know my experience.

I'd love to hear you opinion, the more the better :thumb:

IMO, good condition linear greens are better feeling.  They're the smoothest linear switches I've felt.

Sweet thanks for the input! I've been loving linear switches lately and have heard great things about these greens. Going to keep my eyes peeled for a green alps board.

I've only got one alps pcb and I really hate desoldering so ill probably end up getting both to test side by side in the end :/
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX