Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 303715 times)

Offline siggerzz

Re: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPING]
« Reply #950 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 10:33:43 »
I should have expected it but damn is the customs fee expensive :(

Oh god, how much are we talking? Not looking forward to mine getting shipped to the UK  :'(
Getting mine today in Canada, $104 Canuck Bucks :c

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ouch. Suddenly glad I held off on Koyu  ;D

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #951 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 14:41:43 »
I noticed you said shipping to Eastern US went out (or began). I'm in Massachusetts but didn't get a shipping notice, so I'm guessing there are more batches for Eastern US?

I'm on the Eastern shore and still waiting too, brother

Good to hear that I'm not the only one! Now to try and decide on switches.. I ordered Mist and a set of GMK WoB, but those don't ship until February :(

I'm in Atlanta and got my Moon today. Not trying to rub salt in the wound or gloat. I wonder if he started at the far S.E. perhaps? Hopefully you all get yours soon!

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #952 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:14:25 »
Moon has landed in New Hampshire!

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #953 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:18:39 »
Moon landed in Sweden. I put together a unboxing album for the ones interested: https://imgur.com/a/klrnrGX
But if you have the m60 coming in then i advice you to not look at the album for the true experience once you receive yours.
All i can say is that rama truly outdid themselves with the packaging and everything!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #954 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:21:38 »
I should have expected it but damn is the customs fee expensive :(

Oh god, how much are we talking? Not looking forward to mine getting shipped to the UK  :'(

Ouch, that's painful.

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #955 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:37:31 »
Moon landed in Sweden. I put together a unboxing album for the ones interested: https://imgur.com/a/klrnrGX
But if you have the m60 coming in then i advice you to not look at the album for the true experience once you receive yours.
All i can say is that rama truly outdid themselves with the packaging and everything!

Mine comes tomorrow. MUST NOT LOOK

Offline Starston3

« Reply #956 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 16:20:41 »
Here I am still without a shipping notification, but it's all good gives me time to finish making my switches and hopefully someone willing to trade their moon or kuro weight for my lake one.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #957 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 16:59:58 »
Just received the sage M60-A.  Quality is top notch!  Thank you, kingrama.

207190-0

207192-1

207194-2

Offline Fausuto

« Reply #958 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:04:22 »
Lake just came in Kansas! Not going to lie made me laugh and slap my knee a couple times when I first saw lol. What Kingrama has bestowed upon us is phenomenal!

Offline ttot

« Reply #959 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:10:05 »
I'm also waiting for notification (NJ, East Hanover). Hope this happens soon. :)  My SA Pulse and Mitolet with Novelias waiting.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline heycheeeno

« Reply #960 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:51:32 »
Finally got mine and assembled it, very nicely packaged i have noticed a few things however.

The hot swap sockets are a little loose? For my board it seems to be most prevalent on the 5/6/7 keys.
Is this to be expected?

Also i accidentally dropped one of the rear hex keys and unable to find it, what size are they?

Not sure if you mean the sockets are loose, or the switches in the sockets.

See the guides here: https://rama.works/guides

Perhaps your PCB is not flat in the middle and switches are not inserted fully.

The four bottom screws are M4, the hex key is 3mm.

Thanks for the info regarding the screws.
The switches after being pushed into the sockets feel loose.
I haven't got the time at the moment but i'll definitely check the PCB on the weekend.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:06:38 by heycheeeno »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #961 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:18:56 »
but one quick question to the Via Configurator, i saw one grey button call "Any" which description as to put any qmk command but i dont know how to use it
For example, if i want LT(2,KC_SPC), will it possible under Via Configurator or i need to do it manually in QMK?

Some things haven't been finished, like that "Any" button. If you really want that now, you'll have to do it manually in QMK. Note that you'll need to hold Esc when inserting USB to clear the keymaps in memory, so that keymaps in your new firmware get used as the new defaults. I will explain this better somewhere else in the guides, just warning you (and others), if you start installing your own built QMK firmware, it might still be using the keymap already saved in memory and not the one you built.

Offline msvming

« Reply #962 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:32:44 »
but one quick question to the Via Configurator, i saw one grey button call "Any" which description as to put any qmk command but i dont know how to use it
For example, if i want LT(2,KC_SPC), will it possible under Via Configurator or i need to do it manually in QMK?

Some things haven't been finished, like that "Any" button. If you really want that now, you'll have to do it manually in QMK. Note that you'll need to hold Esc when inserting USB to clear the keymaps in memory, so that keymaps in your new firmware get used as the new defaults. I will explain this better somewhere else in the guides, just warning you (and others), if you start installing your own built QMK firmware, it might still be using the keymap already saved in memory and not the one you built.

Thanks Wilba!, i need to hold esc that is why ...

been trying to flash for many times lol

Solved now!

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #963 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:47:38 »

Thanks Wilba!, i need to hold esc that is why ...

been trying to flash for many times lol

Solved now!

;D  I think I need to add this to the top of all the keymap.c files.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #964 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:52:25 »
Got mine together today.  No time to get proper pics yet.  Damn kid invited 1/2 of the neighborhood over for hot chocolate.  I’ll be in the kitchen for a long time :(

I just wanna play with my toys!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKSŽ
« Reply #965 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:34:18 »
Got mine together today.  No time to get proper pics yet.  Damn kid invited 1/2 of the neighborhood over for hot chocolate.  I’ll be in the kitchen for a long time :(

I just wanna play with my toys!

LOLLL Leave the hot-chocolate away from the boards! :P

---

Also, our new toy came in! We got this to increase the efficiency and presentation of our boxes - will be much neater and stronger now! Excited to get through the next batch and have more boards out to everyone as soon as possible. Going through them as quickly as we can, also will have some people helping out to get through it quicker  ;D
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #966 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:41:05 »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #967 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 21:09:23 »
Lol I refunded my order but now I want one again, Rama pls

Offline Brannan

« Reply #968 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 21:28:22 »
Oof can't wait

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #969 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 21:56:27 »
Show Image

uh... y'all got any more of those... PCBs?

Oh man.  First two flat tires in one week and I just done broke my 7 key :(

I was like, that's weird, wonder why my PCB is bowed up... I'll just press down... blamo, right side of the hotswap socket ripped right off the PCB.  Still not sure why it happened.  The pin on the switch wasn't bent or anything.  Oh well.  I found that I can just connect it to the diode right underneath it and all is well.  Still, ima need a new one at some point.  Can't like with janky stuff on my nice boards.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #970 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:02:46 »
Here's a quick photo of my m60a moon

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #971 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:03:59 »
Setup on my Kuro until Yolch comes in beautiful board Rama

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKSŽ
« Reply #972 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:09:39 »

I was like, that's weird, wonder why my PCB is bowed up... I'll just press down... blamo, right side of the hotswap socket ripped right off the PCB.  Still not sure why it happened.  The pin on the switch wasn't bent or anything.  Oh well.  I found that I can just connect it to the diode right underneath it and all is well.  Still, ima need a new one at some point.  Can't like with janky stuff on my nice boards.

Email support@rama.works :) We'll sort that out!

---

Also keep posting your setups, these are all so great  :o  Keeping us motivated during packaging :P
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #973 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:20:51 »
Just want to chime in with everyone else and say just how amazing this board is! Incredible job, RAMA and Wilba. It was a complete joy to assemble and I love the typing experience so far.

Also huge thanks for creating that configurator. Being able to see the lighting changes in real time is amazing!

It was a pleasure to be part of this group buy and I can't be happier with the result.

I'll flex photos once I get this thing in the studio and in front of a proper camera.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #974 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 22:54:26 »
Just received this board today! It's absolutely amazing! Hats off to everyone involved in the making of this board.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #975 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:24:42 »
As Rama requested, here is my Moon M60-A x Olivia! The build quality is second to none, and the experience of unboxing everything was a real treat. Thanks again to Rama, Kate and their team for making this happen!

Offline watevermelon

« Reply #976 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:42:08 »
As Rama requested, here is my Moon M60-A x Olivia! The build quality is second to none, and the experience of unboxing everything was a real treat. Thanks again to Rama, Kate and their team for making this happen!

Show Image

Show Image

That is ****ing fuego.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #977 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:45:07 »
Okay, these all look amazing but until I get a shipping notice for my two M60-As I’m going to go ahead and ask that every other person stop receiving, photographing, building or enjoying theirs. Thanks in advance!

<jealousy intensifies>

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #978 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:46:36 »
Okay, these all look amazing but until I get a shipping notice for my two M60-As I’m going to go ahead and ask that every other person stop receiving, photographing, building or enjoying theirs. Thanks in advance!

<jealousy intensifies>

Well, I broke mine.  That surely makes you feel a little bit better, right?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #979 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:47:50 »

<jealousy intensifies>

F
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sun

« Reply #980 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:56:46 »
Wow. This is my first keyboard GB and my mind is blown.

There was so much foam, I think the keyboard could withstand being dropped from a plane.

The packaging and PCB were beautiful. The attention to detail was on another level. I had so much fun unboxing everything.

What blew me away the most was the color. I got Sage and I don't think any picture or video will ever do it justice. I am glad I stuck with it.

I am excited to build it. I got Gateron yellow switches but now i feel I should have stepped up and got some Tealios. Also I am going to need a Moon weight to go with Modern Dolch.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #981 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:09:02 »

There was so much foam, I think the keyboard could withstand being dropped from a plane.

The packaging and PCB were beautiful. The attention to detail was on another level. I had so much fun unboxing everything.

What blew me away the most was the color. I got Sage and I don't think any picture or video will ever do it justice. I am glad I stuck with it.

I am excited to build it. I got Gateron yellow switches but now i feel I should have stepped up and got some Tealios. Also I am going to need a Moon weight to go with Modern Dolch.

Well, the good thing is that you can easily try out Tealios in the future!  All hail King Rama. 

Offline gutsack

« Reply #982 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:13:12 »

Damn, not at all—that’s terrible. What happened?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #983 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 01:11:26 »
7 key no workie.  Apparently I have hulk strength and my poor PCB was on the receiving end, but Rama already has a new one on the way to me.  Can you friggin believe this man?  Anywhoo...

REPRESENTING TEAM MIST.  Tried and true, too proud to pick blue (although I own pretty much everything blue there is):
207227-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2018, 01:17:07 by pixelpusher »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #984 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 01:53:58 »
7 key no workie.  Apparently I have hulk strength and my poor PCB was on the receiving end, but Rama already has a new one on the way to me.  Can you friggin believe this man?  Anywhoo...

REPRESENTING TEAM MIST.  Tried and true, too proud to pick blue (although I own pretty much everything blue there is):
(Attachment Link)

By far the prettiest Honeywell build I have seen! Gorgeous!!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #985 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 02:27:11 »
Overall, some really neat builds here! Pixelpusher, I'm sure Rama will help you. The man's kindness and commitment to service is boundless. I've been hearing good things so far. Mine should arrive soon. Stoked!

I actually would love to get a silver back weight for my SAGE. Rama, is something like this doable in time?

Offline schlep

« Reply #986 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 03:41:02 »
Show Image

My hotswap sockets for no. 9 key got ripped off the PCB too. How do you connect it back? Do we have to solder the hotswap socket back to the PCB?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #987 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 05:48:15 »
My hotswap sockets for no. 9 key got ripped off the PCB too. How do you connect it back? Do we have to solder the hotswap socket back to the PCB?

If you have a soldering iron and want to try putting a hotswap socket back on, then this would obviously be a quicker fix than exchanging for a new PCB. First ensure that the PCB is flat for all the other switches. It seems most of the problems people are having are due to not putting any counterforce (i.e. pushing the socket while inserting the switches). Relying on the screws to hold the PCB flat will cause the PCB to bend in the middle. The screws are for aligning the PCB and making inserting switches easier.

To solder the hotswap, it should be OK to use the solder that is already on the pad, just put it in position and push down in the middle of the hotswap's "pin" with the soldering iron tip, which should melt the solder and form a new joint. Alternate between each side until the hotswap socket is flat.

NOTE: Soldering the hotswaps, or "reflowing" the hotswap pads, is not a solution to a switch not working. The most likely causes are the switch pin being bent, or the PCB not being flat.

Offline schlep

« Reply #988 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 07:46:41 »

If you have a soldering iron and want to try putting a hotswap socket back on, then this would obviously be a quicker fix than exchanging for a new PCB. First ensure that the PCB is flat for all the other switches. It seems most of the problems people are having are due to not putting any counterforce (i.e. pushing the socket while inserting the switches). Relying on the screws to hold the PCB flat will cause the PCB to bend in the middle. The screws are for aligning the PCB and making inserting switches easier.

To solder the hotswap, it should be OK to use the solder that is already on the pad, just put it in position and push down in the middle of the hotswap's "pin" with the soldering iron tip, which should melt the solder and form a new joint. Alternate between each side until the hotswap socket is flat.

NOTE: Soldering the hotswaps, or "reflowing" the hotswap pads, is not a solution to a switch not working. The most likely causes are the switch pin being bent, or the PCB not being flat.

Thanks for the reply Wilba. Just to be sure if the sockets can still be salvaged, I have included a picture of the ripped off socket and the PCB.
I was just wondering on one side of the socket, there is a small piece of copper metal still stuck to it which I believe must have been ripped off from the PCB. How do I attach that back to the PCB?

I have also raised a support ticket through to Rama. I just hope I could get a temporary fix before a new PCB is sent over (if it can be sent over).
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2018, 07:48:53 by schlep »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #989 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 07:49:57 »

Thanks for the reply Wilba. Just to be sure if the sockets can still be salvaged, I have included a picture of the ripped off socket and the PCB.
I was just wondering on one side of the socket, there is a small piece of copper metal still stuck to it which I believe must have been ripped off from the PCB. How do I attach that back to the PCB?

Thanks!

Email support@rama.works and we can help you further.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #990 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 08:20:44 »

Hey! Where you at, fellow statesman?

My Sage comes in today! It's going to be a long day.

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #991 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 08:47:21 »

Can confirm.. I have the Inventory2 in Sage and have not found a picture that does the color justice.

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #992 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 08:50:02 »

Hey! Where you at, fellow statesman?

My Sage comes in today! It's going to be a long day.

My dude , I am in the Merrimack area. What a trip . I bet we own the only RAMA gear in the whole state lol.

Here is my Moon with its first outfit.. Coming next is Godspeed with these alphas.

https://imgur.com/X3IfQc8

absolutely blown away by everything. From the smoothness of the GB itself to the carefully organized packing to the beauty of the board itself.

edit: can anyone direct me how to put the image itself in the post instead of the link?

2nd edit: can confirm , yesterday was the longest day of my life. Days going quick now that i brought it to work and can play all day on it. Where are you located? we should have a Keeb meet up in the shire lol

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:03:25 by Clix4Clax »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #993 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:13:09 »

I have also raised a support ticket through to Rama. I just hope I could get a temporary fix before a new PCB is sent over (if it can be sent over).
Thanks!

This is what happened to mine as well.  Already have a new one on the way.  Just email support and they'll fix you up. 

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #994 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 14:52:41 »
Awful phone pic, but Lake arrived today in central Indiana!

It's incredible. I wish there was a screw in the top/center of the PCB as I had to leave the base off like shown in Rama's guides so I could press down on the center of the PCB while installing switches, which makes swapping switches a bit more time-consuming. Otherwise it's an incredible board. Certainly my favorite that I've owned.

Offline bball2

« Reply #995 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 15:53:18 »
Damn, that's going to hurt when I get mine as well  :(

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #996 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 15:55:07 »
Damn, that's going to hurt when I get mine as well  :(
I'm in Quebec if that gives you any hope, might be better elsewhere

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #997 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 16:36:39 »
A bit of JTK love.  I got raindrops on my M60-A

207251-0

Offline Talljoe

« Reply #998 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 17:22:13 »
Hey all, the overall experience with the M60_A has been amazing (Team Lake, represent!) with one exception, running my custom keymap. To save others the trouble, here are some helpful tips for those that aren't using the configurator and instead trying to use QMK from source (most likely because you already have a keymap defined for another keyboard).

If you are using more than four layers you will want to set "DYNAMIC_KEYMAP_ENABLE=no" in your rules.mk. You might also be able to increase the number of supported layers, but I'm not sure at which point you start running out of flash.  You'll know if you are having this problem if you try to switch to a new layer and the keys do nothing (answers the question as to why my Zeal60 boards stopped working).

Currently (but likely to be fixed soon with the merge of my PR) the rama/m60_a keyboard definition doesn't support the 60_hhkb layout. You will want to add it if you use layouts (and, frankly everyone should be using layouts). Once you have it in place you can use "make rama/m60_a:your_keymap_name:dfu" to build and flash your device.

To put the board into bootloader (programming) mode hold down the top-left key (usually Escape but I'll not be so presumptuous). This will also clear the EEPROM so if you set backlight colors they will be reset to the default. I recommend putting a RESET key in your keymap to enter bootloader without clearing the EEPROM or having to unplug/replug the USB cable each time (it can lead to scratching the back plate, to which I can testify).

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #999 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 17:35:45 »
207253-0207255-1

Here's my space themed Mist!

Thanks again Rama!  This thing is perfect!