Author Topic: [IC] KBM Blanks | Updated 5/11 | New Manufacturer!  (Read 64292 times)

Offline NovaRMK

Re: [IC] GMK Blanks | Updated 4/1 | GMK CR Base Kit Added!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:45:12 »
Actual GMK Minimal

Any hiragana sublegends?

They're already there!  :thumb:

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:44:26 »
Colevrak support?

Offline jadech

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:01:30 »
Very clean! chefs kiss.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:00:44 »

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:01:20 »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:50:04 »
Yo do a blanks GB every few months! I'll wait for WS2 and N9

Offline PuddingPug

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 01:42:16 »
I am down for CR blanks!

Offline Venli

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 17:47:59 »
I'd love a set of these

Offline jumpmineralwater

• jumpmineralwater IG
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 09:48:28 »
nice! :thumb:

+1 for 40s support

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 00:10:42 »
I don't know why this went so unnoticed, but yes, please make it.

Offline itsundone

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 03:52:25 »
Finally proper black blank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 04:58:16 »
Gonna be a debbie downer here and point out that the best thing about GMK is their color matching, and that it's kind of pointless to pay a premium for blank black or white keycaps.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 10:09:04 »
I was going to comment what Note did...

If you're not getting any legends, UV prints, or custom colors, why not just get black/white blank PBT keys in cherry profile - that way they won't shine over time, and they're way cheaper. Oh yeah, and they're in stock and you won't have to wait the current 14 months for GMK.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:50:58 »
I was going to comment what Note did...

If you're not getting any legends, UV prints, or custom colors, why not just get black/white blank PBT keys in cherry profile - that way they won't shine over time, and they're way cheaper. Oh yeah, and they're in stock and you won't have to wait the current 14 months for GMK.

Gonna be a debbie downer here and point out that the best thing about GMK is their color matching, and that it's kind of pointless to pay a premium for blank black or white keycaps.

Guys this is an April fools set...

Offline convoliution

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 21:49:53 »
Speaking of color matching, are you planning on getting samples before GB? I kinda want to see how the design on the caps will turn out, but since GMK's been packed with orders maybe that won't be feasible.

Also do you have any renders with a bit more natural lighting?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 23:50:48 »
I DEMAND COLOUR ACCURATE SAMPLE PHOTOS BEFORE THE GB

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 08:05:33 »
Speaking of color matching, are you planning on getting samples before GB? I kinda want to see how the design on the caps will turn out, but since GMK's been packed with orders maybe that won't be feasible.

Also do you have any renders with a bit more natural lighting?

I DEMAND COLOUR ACCURATE SAMPLE PHOTOS BEFORE THE GB

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Lol, yes, I will be getting samples.

Offline radmedov

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 13:21:25 »
Approved.
Please add 40% support

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 13:42:05 »
Approved.
Please add 40% support

On my to do list  :thumb:

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 04:09:49 »
No meme please run

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 10:32:27 »
Amazing. Guaranteed buy from me.

Offline Sterenke

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 13:41:47 »

Offline NovaRMK

Re: [IC] GMK Blanks | Updated 4/26 | Macro Kits and 40s support!
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 14:00:10 »
4/26
-Added macro kits
-Added 40s support to base kit
-Updated renders

Offline convoliution

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 14:01:51 »
Renders look great! Colors really pop

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 16:20:50 »
Renders look great! Colors really pop

lol ty <3

Offline TK0

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 20:00:00 »
I was really sad when I saw this on April 1st. But now that we have updates, I'm happy again.  :thumb:

Could you add Ergodox suport, or add an ergodox kit?
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 April 2021, 20:02:34 by TK0 »

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 20:55:32 »
I was really sad when I saw this on April 1st. But now that we have updates, I'm happy again.  :thumb:

Could you add Ergodox suport, or add an ergodox kit?

Yes, I could potentially add a ergodox kit if this set continues to gain popularity.

Offline TK0

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 21:10:46 »
Yes, I could potentially add a ergodox kit if this set continues to gain popularity.

Thanks!

Also, a minor thing: when I was updating my signature, I noticed you didn't put the (/url) at the end of the code. It might f*'up the links from other banners, like yours (when I click the Lychee set, I get redirected to the GMK Blank thread instead).

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 00:46:37 »
Which keys were added for 40s support? For minimum 40s base kit support the 3keys to add are R2 1.75, R3 1.25 and R3 1.5. But there doesn't seem to be a R2 1.75...

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 07:06:55 »
Wait is this going to be thing? Please don't play with my emotions, I'd 100% be down for this.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 08:25:27 »
Which keys were added for 40s support? For minimum 40s base kit support the 3keys to add are R2 1.75, R3 1.25 and R3 1.5. But there doesn't seem to be a R2 1.75...

You're right, the key is missing, will be updating soon.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 08:58:58 »

Thanks!

Also, a minor thing: when I was updating my signature, I noticed you didn't put the (/url) at the end of the code. It might f*'up the links from other banners, like yours (when I click the Lychee set, I get redirected to the GMK Blank thread instead).

Thanks for pointing that out, it's been fixed.

Offline NovaRMK

Re: [IC] GMK Blanks | Updated 5/12 | CMYK and RGB modifiers added!
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 15:17:24 »
5/12
-Added CMYK and RGB modifier kits
-Added missing 40s key
-Updated renders

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 16:13:08 »
I want this... but I hope it's easier and faster for GMK to produce a set if it's blanks? The thought of waiting a year or 2 for blanks is a hard proposal (but seems easy to imagine actually happening with GMK).

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 16:32:10 »
I want this... but I hope it's easier and faster for GMK to produce a set if it's blanks? The thought of waiting a year or 2 for blanks is a hard proposal (but seems easy to imagine actually happening with GMK).
I don't have a definite answer, but yes, I'd imagine it would be much easier for them to produce a set of blanks. I'm 90% sure if this set were to run, it wouldn't take as long for GMK to produce as normal sets. Also, this only uses stock colors, so some time should be saved since GMK doesn't have to color match.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 17:05:54 »
I don’t want this to come out disrespectfully but is this still a meme set? Its pretty darn cool either way.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 17:34:00 »
I've been wondering why no one's ever done this, I just been having the 2-4 blanks that came with Ivan Dolch 😔

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 18:44:29 »
I don’t want this to come out disrespectfully but is this still a meme set? Its pretty darn cool either way.
No...?

Maybe.

Honestly idrk bro KEKW. It's a meme unless people actually want it, and it would appear people actually want it, so...

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 23:47:00 »
nvm :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 23:48:40 by jagger27 »

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 01:57:06 »
Accents  :thumb:

Offline rutomoda

• I'm Lu! I love to design and build unusual keebs
    • rutomoda.com
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 04:31:38 »
Yes, I know that GMK blanks have been ran before, but I wanted this to be the first formal interest check/group buy.
Oh, you mean like https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100031.0 which admittedly was the second formal one. Poking fun at your inability to google "gmk blank geekhack" and crediting former runners with your original april fool's idea aside and despite my snarkiness, which I cannot help right now, I still think this is a great project!

Your IC form is sadly lacking. If my IC for blank caps is any indication a third up to half of in blanks interested people use sub 60% keyboards with the biggest sub group being 40% ortho (think Planck) users. Your kitting does not reflect that and as a 40s user myself would be the reason to not consider joining the GB. Your kitting also does not reflect the two thirds of people preferring mods and alphas to be different colors, again because your IC isn't asking that question. ErgoDox-style users again aren't even considered. If you need inspiration I'd recommend looking at least at the MT3 3277 blank sets or take a look at my kitting, but beware that I am running a uniform profile, so it is a bit easier for me to accommodate for more people.

You are also not rerunning all the popular colors of the previous GBs, which were: CR full, N9 alpha + 2U Spacebar, L9 mods, WS1 alpha, TU2 alpha, DY full.

Please don't read this as a way to tear you down! I think you can do much better and I hope you can use this to build yourself up.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 11:36:53 »
Oh, you mean like https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100031.0 which admittedly was the second formal one. Poking fun at your inability to google "gmk blank geekhack" and crediting former runners with your original april fool's idea aside and despite my snarkiness, which I cannot help right now, I still think this is a great project!

Your IC form is sadly lacking. If my IC for blank caps is any indication a third up to half of in blanks interested people use sub 60% keyboards with the biggest sub group being 40% ortho (think Planck) users. Your kitting does not reflect that and as a 40s user myself would be the reason to not consider joining the GB. Your kitting also does not reflect the two thirds of people preferring mods and alphas to be different colors, again because your IC isn't asking that question. ErgoDox-style users again aren't even considered. If you need inspiration I'd recommend looking at least at the MT3 3277 blank sets or take a look at my kitting, but beware that I am running a uniform profile, so it is a bit easier for me to accommodate for more people.

You are also not rerunning all the popular colors of the previous GBs, which were: CR full, N9 alpha + 2U Spacebar, L9 mods, WS1 alpha, TU2 alpha, DY full.

Please don't read this as a way to tear you down! I think you can do much better and I hope you can use this to build yourself up.

Thank you for your input! I just wanted to clarify a few things--

-Here's a few of the main reasons why I consider this a "formal" IC/GB as opposed to previous blanks groupbuys that have ran:
  • In previous groupbuys, you would have to choose what keys you wanted, in what row, in what color, in what size. The difference is I wanted this set to have formal kitting, using base kits rather than having to pick and choose keys.
  • Also, the previous groupbuys were run and fulfilled by 1 person (with the help of Mykeyboard.eu), and had to charge higher shipping rates when shipping internationally. This set, however, would run through vendors, which lowers the cost of shipping and increases the availabilty of the set to multiple regions.

Your IC form is sadly lacking. If my IC for blank caps is any indication a third up to half of in blanks interested people use sub 60% keyboards with the biggest sub group being 40% ortho (think Planck) users. Your kitting does not reflect that and as a 40s user myself would be the reason to not consider joining the GB.

I think what you're trying to say here is that a third to half of people interested in blanks use sub 60% boards, which I disagree with. TKL, 65%, and 60% are the most popular form-factors in the community right now, with 40% being a minority as one of the lesser-used layouts. Also, while I decided not to add a separate 40s kit, I still added basic 40s support in the base, so while it may not cover ALL 40s boards, it still covers a majority of them.

ErgoDox-style users again aren't even considered.

As I've previously mentioned, I will be adding a ergodox kit, so maybe don't jump to conclusions  ;) Still though, similar to 40s, ergo is a lesser-used layout (even lesser-used than 40s), and the vast majority of GMK sets don't support ergo, so it wouldn't be out of the blue if I weren't to support it.

First, CR is being ran, not sure how you missed that. When it comes to the other colors, there are only so many kits you can run with GMK. Maybe for later rounds I can add more colors, but having that many base kits is incredibly unrealistic with GMK MOQs.

Offline TK0

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 11:41:36 »
Your IC form is sadly lacking. If my IC for blank caps is any indication a third up to half of in blanks interested people use sub 60% keyboards with the biggest sub group being 40% ortho (think Planck) users. Your kitting does not reflect that and as a 40s user myself would be the reason to not consider joining the GB.

I think what you're trying to say here is that a third to half of people interested in blanks use sub 60% boards, which I disagree with. TKL, 65%, and 60% are the most popular form-factors in the community right now, with 40% being a minority as one of the lesser-used layouts. Also, while I decided not to add a separate 40s kit, I still added basic 40s support in the base, so while it may not cover ALL 40s boards, it still covers a majority of them.

I believe that most people interested in blank keycaps do not use "standard" layouts covered by "standard" GMK kits, like the kits proposed in this IC. The need for blanks usually comes from weird layouts that need very specific row/size/legend combinations, not found on custom kits/sets. Hence, removing the "legend" variable in hopes to find keycaps with row/size that fits. Most people even give up sculpted profiles, because they can't even find the correct "row" variable. But if you like sculpted profiles, your hopes lies on blank keycaps.

Personally, I still hope you add Ergodox support in the main kit, or add an Ergodox kit. But again, I do want mods and alphas to be different colors (i.e. CR and WS2), and would most likely have to buy two full kits, and considering the number of kits you would have to add to accommodate non-standard layouts (which are the target buyers for blanks), most of them wouldn't hit GMK's MOQ.

Relying on standard kitting options won't be enough for the target audience of blank keycaps. If you are still serious about this, I think the model linked by rutomoda would be better fitting for a blanks GB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 May 2021, 12:10:51 by TK0 »

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:18:45 »

I believe that most people interested in blank keycaps do not use "standard" layouts covered by "standard" GMK kits, like the kits proposed in this IC. The need for blanks usually comes from weird layouts that need very specific row/size/legend combinations, not found on custom kits/sets. Hence, removing the "legend" variable in hopes to find keycaps with row/size that fits. Most people even give up sculpted profiles, because they can't even find the correct "row" variable. But if you like sculpted profiles, your hopes lies on blank keycaps.

Personally, I still hope you add Ergodox support in the main kit, or add an Ergodox kit. But again, I do want mods and alphas to be different colors (i.e. CR and WS2), and would most likely have to buy two full kits, and considering the number of kits you would have to add to accommodate non-standard layouts (which are the target buyers for blanks), most of them wouldn't hit GMK's MOQ.

Relying on standard kitting options won't be enough for the target audience of blank keycaps. If you are still serious about this, I think the model linked by rutomoda would be better fitting for a blanks GB.

I understand that, I think where the miscommunication happened is you guys are assuming I'm targeting the 40s/ergo/etc. layouts, in which case a blanks GB similar to the ones that have previously ran would make sense. However, that's not the case. I understand that there is a large market for blanks in those layouts, but the simple truth is that I'm targeting the standard market where 60/65/tkl is the main layouts.

Offline TK0

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 14:41:56 »

I understand that, I think where the miscommunication happened is you guys are assuming I'm targeting the 40s/ergo/etc. layouts, in which case a blanks GB similar to the ones that have previously ran would make sense. However, that's not the case. I understand that there is a large market for blanks in those layouts, but the simple truth is that I'm targeting the standard market where 60/65/tkl is the main layouts.

I can understand that, and hope the 60/65/tkl would be enough to hit MOQ on a blank set. If you add Ergodox support, I'll be joining the GB too. GL!

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 09:39:57 »
5/12
-Added missing 40s key
-Updated renders

Any way you could add row labels to your renders? Would like to see for color mod kits specifically.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 14:20:07 »
5/12
-Added missing 40s key
-Updated renders

Any way you could add row labels to your renders? Would like to see for color mod kits specifically.

Yes, I can add that in future updates, but for now: everything in the CMYK and RGB mods is r4, meant to replace the shift, alt, and ctrl keys. Macro kits go from r1 to r4, and the base kit is pretty self explanatory.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 15:49:56 »
Black Mods | White Mods | Ergo would probably do pretty well. If the cost is low enough I would pick 1 of each base and 1 set of color mods.

Offline megabacon

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 05:59:07 »
I'd be interested in an Ergo set of blanks. Maybe a 40s ortho set too.

Offline jakk

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 16:23:54 »
Super minimal, great job! I have a feeling a lot of people will pick this up because of how many boards it can fit.