geekhack Community > Input Devices

Ohh man Logitechs new “quiet” switches

<< < (2/2)

ArchieTect:
Actually I just realized something after writing the above post and you can see it in the picture: the "quiet" switch in all of these new Logitech mice is not a typical Omron switch, it's actually a pcb mount tactile switch!

Stupidface:

--- Quote from: ArchieTect on Sat, 03 September 2022, 14:43:33 ---An amazing soft actuation near silent click. The actuation has to be at least 20% softer than a normal mouse. I don’t own one of these but fell in love.

--- End quote ---

Can you please help me to better understand something?

Is the primary allure of these quiet switches that you cannot hear them as much?  Or that other people cannot?

ArchieTect:

--- Quote from: Stupidface on Sun, 04 September 2022, 12:40:13 ---
--- Quote from: ArchieTect on Sat, 03 September 2022, 14:43:33 ---An amazing soft actuation near silent click. The actuation has to be at least 20% softer than a normal mouse. I don’t own one of these but fell in love.

--- End quote ---

Can you please help me to better understand something?

Is the primary allure of these quiet switches that you cannot hear them as much?  Or that other people cannot?

--- End quote ---

Sorry if I misled you, I don’t care about the quietness, just the soft actuation. They are markedly softer to press.

keygun:
I have some kailh quiet mouse switches that look exactly like it. When I have my headphones on and compare the stock g305 switches with the kailh, they feel virtually identical. It is quite staggering at first though when there was no sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version