Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1707002 times)

Offline winzds

Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1450 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 11:39:55 »
Pm'd

Offline fydo

• Meow!
DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1451 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 12:41:25 »
On a happier note, I found some boxes that may work for the International Reds as well as the double-smalls.  I will either try those tomorrow or on Monday.

- Ron | samwisekoi

This is excellent news! (My order is in the Red group)
Just to echo what others have said, don't hesitate to invoice me for whatever additional funds are required to send out my order.

The pictures that have been posted look great. I am mega excited to get my hands on these keycaps. :)

Huge thanks to the GB organizers and the sorting/packing volunteers too!
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #1452 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 03:58:52 »
Well I got my set this weekend, and it looks incredible. I absolutely love the color scheme. Though one little problem, it seems that I got two O's and no regular profile 'T's (still got the deep dish 'T' though). Looks like SP's sorting process isn't error-proof :(

I've sent off a PM with all the pertinent details, and I can use the deep-dish 'T' or a blank until this is resolved.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2013, 04:05:21 by Tranquilite »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1453 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 12:14:33 »
Good morning and Happy Monday, all.  I took the weekend off from Retro DSA, so here are some updates now that I am back in the office.

1) There are approximately 20 orders in each of the four categories.  If I can get something like 15-20 sets out per day this week, I will be done with the major outbound push.

2) There remain a few orders of mysterious status.  I will look into them, possibly today, although more likely tomorrow.

3) I am going to gather requests for replacement keycaps for a few days, then try and find a way to do some kind of regional re-mailing of replacements.  Matt3o can do this for Europe; I would need someone in (e.g.) Singapore, Korea, and possibly Australia to accept a bulk shipment and then re-mail individual keycaps to the affected parties.

And now, off to pack and ship!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline kdash4

« Reply #1454 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:43:05 »
I know this is to be expected, but some of the keys are really sticking out compared to other ones, making it uneven, and it's kind of bothering me.
Is there a quick way to get these to 'break in' and even out?
Also sometimes, the keys next to return and right shift get stuck. Is this a common problem?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1455 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:57:55 »
I know this is to be expected, but some of the keys are really sticking out compared to other ones, making it uneven, and it's kind of bothering me.
Is there a quick way to get these to 'break in' and even out?
Also sometimes, the keys next to return and right shift get stuck. Is this a common problem?

About 10 pages back, Sam pointed out that there's an errata set going out to people. Maybe you're not using the correct Shifts and Enter? Pics please!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1456 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:59:10 »
Try pushing down harder than you think is good enough, kdash4.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1457 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 14:55:04 »
Good morning and Happy Monday, all.  I took the weekend off from Retro DSA, so here are some updates now that I am back in the office.

1) There are approximately 20 orders in each of the four categories.  If I can get something like 15-20 sets out per day this week, I will be done with the major outbound push.

2) There remain a few orders of mysterious status.  I will look into them, possibly today, although more likely tomorrow.

3) I am going to gather requests for replacement keycaps for a few days, then try and find a way to do some kind of regional re-mailing of replacements.  Matt3o can do this for Europe; I would need someone in (e.g.) Singapore, Korea, and possibly Australia to accept a bulk shipment and then re-mail individual keycaps to the affected parties.

And now, off to pack and ship!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Good man with the updates.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1458 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 15:18:11 »
The day is not done, but the postman came.  These orders went with him today:

Retro-063, 112, 124, 141, 143, 155, 164, 325.  All receipients should get an e-mail to their PayPal e-mail address.

All but one of these were international, and as before, PayPal really, really wants me to ship to the registered address.

Also, I have found a box/shipping method that falls between small-fixed and medium-fixed.  In addition to the cost difference, it is a better, safer option than an under-full medium box.  So I have re-packed some orders to fit and ship in those.  This is better for everyone.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1459 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 15:24:24 »

Retro-063, 112, 124, 141, 143, 155, 164, 325.  All receipients should get an e-mail to their PayPal e-mail address.

All but one of these were international, and as before, PayPal really, really wants me to ship to the registered address.

Also, I have found a box/shipping method that falls between small-fixed and medium-fixed.  In addition to the cost difference, it is a better, safer option than an under-full medium box.  So I have re-packed some orders to fit and ship in those.  This is better for everyone.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Wait the postman collects from you? Like a courier scheduled pick-up?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1460 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 15:24:41 »
On the positive side that saves you from the Umlaute. ;)

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline kdash4

« Reply #1461 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 15:25:32 »
Try pushing down harder than you think is good enough, kdash4.

Thank you.
It worked :)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1462 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 16:53:36 »

They come, drop mail off and pick up what you have.  You can also schedule pickups free with any priority or express package waiting.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1463 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 16:59:13 »

They come, drop mail off and pick up what you have.  You can also schedule pickups free with any priority or express package waiting.

Lucky 'Murican's not having to go to the Post Office which is closed on Saturday afternoons and Sunday's the only time I'm able to get there :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1464 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 19:15:37 »
How do we know what our order number is? I looked on the PayPal invoice and the PayPal receipt and I see nothing.

Thanks,
John

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1465 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 19:17:51 »
Retro caps on a mx-mini and holy crap the profile uniformity and deep dish...

Show Image

I believe that is the first time I've ever seen a matching set on your keyboards that wasn't OEM. :P

Offline usopia

« Reply #1466 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 19:28:03 »
How do we know what our order number is? I looked on the PayPal invoice and the PayPal receipt and I see nothing.

Thanks,
John
It's a mail from "samwisekoi Groupbuy service / Retro DSA Order Verification for xxxxx"

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1467 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 19:31:20 »

Thanks,
John
It's a mail from "samwisekoi Groupbuy service / Retro DSA Order Verification for xxxxx"

THX

Offline j2c8w6f8

« Reply #1468 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 23:42:58 »
Hi, I sent several messages to explain my situation, but didn't get any answer?  :'(

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1469 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 01:45:03 »
Hi, I sent several messages to explain my situation, but didn't get any answer?  :'(

We are working on it, I swear :)

Offline Larken

« Reply #1470 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:35:04 »
got mine in today. nothing missing and they do look great on my ergodox. nutella, mmhmm.

| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1471 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:43:49 »
wow! just wow!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1472 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 08:33:51 »
got mine in today. nothing missing and they do look great on my ergodox. nutella, mmhmm.

Show Image

I want a wooden top layer!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1473 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:10:22 »
Does anyone have this set installed on a keyboard with backlighting? (preferably red, but any will do). 

Just wondering how the keys will look with LED glow underneath.  They are probably too dense for any light to shine through, but it will reflect around.  Photos would be awesome!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1474 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 14:12:55 »
More potato! I really love the deep dish keys.  They're about the only thing keeping me aware of my hands on the keyboard.

Not sure if I would recommend the set on red keys, but then again I'm not yet used to these.

I call this shot, "Giving it some incline with McDonalds napkins in the fluorescent prison"

(Attachment Link)

Does anyone have this set installed on a keyboard with backlighting? (preferably red, but any will do). 

Just wondering how the keys will look with LED glow underneath.  They are probably too dense for any light to shine through, but it will reflect around.  Photos would be awesome!

Not sure if this multi quote will work on my phone but here's some on a backlit board

Edit: It doesn't work but you get the idea!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2013, 14:14:44 by GeorgeK »
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1475 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 15:32:27 »
My job got in the way of shipping today.  Sorry about the whole working for a living thing.

Shipped out the door:

Retro-002, 042, 059, 093, 171, 172.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1476 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 15:53:22 »

Show Image

i wanted to be the first to put them on an ergodox, but oh well damn that exceeded my expectations, can't wait

Offline bearcat

« Reply #1477 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 16:00:58 »
Thanks again Ron for the timely updates!

I'd like to echo previous commentors: if there's any additional funding or whatever needed for my order, please feel free to invoice me :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #1478 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 16:30:40 »
My job got in the way of shipping today.  Sorry about the whole working for a living thing.

Shipped out the door:

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Stop it NOW!
Now it's really too much.
Too much communication, too much promptness, too much perfection.
Please become MIA for at least a couple of months.
Is becoming really embarrassing...
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Pazuru

« Reply #1479 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 16:52:03 »
Quick update.  Order number Retro-317 was lost, but the affected member provided me the information I needed to track it down and it will go out to him on Monday.

Y U LIE TO ME!?

Thanks for straightening it all out though.
Filco Majestouch-2 TKL (Red)    |    KBT Pure (Brown)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 18:59:37 »
Quick update.  Order number Retro-317 was lost, but the affected member provided me the information I needed to track it down and it will go out to him on Monday.

Retro-063, 112, 124, 141, 143, 155, 164, 325.  All recipients should get an e-mail to their PayPal e-mail address.

Y U LIE TO ME!?

Thanks for straightening it all out though.

Damn!  I did.  Sorry.  :(

Offline milknradio

« Reply #1481 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 19:51:08 »

Shipped out the door:

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Thanks!!!  ;D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1482 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 19:59:44 »
Stop it NOW!
Now it's really too much.
Too much communication, too much promptness, too much perfection.
Please become MIA for at least a couple of months.
Is becoming really embarrassing...

I have to TOTALLY agree with pasph, the way this whole Group Buy has been executed, is by far the epitome of perfection  8) .

Imagine being in school (many years ago for me) and they hand out books to describe how a Group Buy should be run.  Then on the First Chapter we have Matt3o and Samwisekoi as the instigators of such a Group Buy.  You guys would be critiqued and examined thoroughly by the teachers and students.

And be held in high esteem for conducting such a brilliant transaction between the customers and yourselves.

I have in fact checked my email today and found the "Stamps.com" notice signifying my impending arrival of these key-caps.  Samwisekoi, thank you very much  ;D .
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2013, 20:01:44 by Elrick »

Offline Larken

« Reply #1483 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 21:40:47 »
I agree. Very well done GB, prompt communication and speedily done.

The only suggestion I would want Matt3o and samwisekoi to consider for the next round would be to have more deepdishes (for the entire homerow/or to have a additional kit just for that). This set is just beeeyooteeful.

few more pictures in better lighting.

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2013, 00:19:13 by Larken »
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1484 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 01:14:57 »
OMG, did I really order all of this?  Looks like everything is there, though.  Thanks!

Russ

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1485 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 01:30:13 »
Wow, you're swimming in those keycaps  ;D

Your keyboards will be very stylish.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sai

« Reply #1486 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 08:57:08 »
i got my package today as well. thanks  Matt3o and Sam for this awesome GB as well as everyone from the packaging party.
:)
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1487 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:56:21 »
Mid-shipping update:

Problem/MIA orders that went out already:

Retro-125 YUIOP
Retro-201 Litster
Retro-317 Pazuru
Retro-301 Winzds
Retro-328 j2c8w618

If there is anyone else who has not received a shipping notice AND is not on the status list, please send me a PM and I'll find your order.

Also, to those who enter complicated user names in GB order forms, a space is not the same as an underscore.  And if you copy and paste your user name from a screen into a form, Windows likes to add hidden characters.  However, databases think that "samwisekoi" and " samwisekoi" are NOT the same.

FYI and back to packing orders for me.

- Ron | samwisekoi

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline winzds

« Reply #1488 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 14:04:14 »
Mid-shipping update:

Retro-125 YUIOP
Retro-201 Litster
Retro-317 Pazuru
Retro-301 Winzds
Retro-328 j2c8w618

If there is anyone else who has not received a shipping notice AND is not on the status list, please send me a PM and I'll find your order.

Also, to those who enter complicated user names in GB order forms, a space is not the same as an underscore.  And if you copy and paste your user name from a screen into a form, Windows likes to add hidden characters.  However, databases think that "samwisekoi" and " samwisekoi" are NOT the same.

FYI and back to packing orders for me.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

- Ron | samwisekoi

Thank you~!
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2013, 14:31:13 by winzds »

Offline Pazuru

« Reply #1489 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 18:48:31 »
Mid-shipping update:

[...]
Retro-317 Pazuru
[...]

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

- Ron | samwisekoi

aw yeah, can't wait. thanks for hosting this group buy so well.
Filco Majestouch-2 TKL (Red)    |    KBT Pure (Brown)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1490 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:02:51 »
End of day update.

Shipped some kits, researched some order problems, and went and physically touched every box on my shipping rack.  The good news is that there are only two more shelves of orders to ship.  The bad news is that I need to go buy some more medium boxes and packing material to ship them.

There are some orders that didn't get their blank keycaps hand-picked, so I have to do those still.  There are also some orders that were never going to fit in their target box, and need to be picked and packed straight into a bigger box (once I buy more.)  And there are a few (five) orders where some issue prevented the pick list form coming out properly and I need to sort those out.

The current lists:

Shipped today/packed and ready to go out tomorrow:
Retro-064, Retro-092, Retro-096, Retro-098, Retro-125
Retro-201, Retro-301, Retro-317, Retro-319, Retro-328
[edit]
Retro-026, Retro-062, Retro-076, Retro-079, Retro-091
Retro-108, Retro-121, Retro-129, Retro-147, Retro-161
Retro-167, Retro-179, Retro-185, Retro-314, Retro-321
Retro-326
[/edit]

Packed now, but need a bigger box:
Retro-023, Retro-025, Retro-034, Retro-082, Retro-091
Retro-119, Retro-131, Retro-150, Retro-170, Retro-316

Packed now, but need to have some blanks hand-counted:
Retro-013, Retro-013, Retro-046, Retro-139, Retro-139
Retro-168, Retro-184, Retro-194, Retro-338

Need to be packed in a bigger box:
Retro-010, Retro-027, Retro-030, Retro-056, Retro-075
Retro-089, Retro-097, Retro-135, Retro-140, Retro-175
Retro-202, Retro-309, Retro-329

Problems with the order/address/PayPal/picklist that I need to figure out:
Retro-032, Retro-034, Retro-100, Retro-191, Retro-196, Retro-334

At my current rate, that is another week to ship it all out.   :eek:

- Ron | samwisekoi

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2013, 20:51:03 by samwisekoi »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1491 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:28:24 »
Retro-100 T_T

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1492 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:30:14 »
LMAO. Did you order one of everything?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1493 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:32:50 »

Pretty much, yes.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1494 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:35:05 »

Pretty much, yes.
Heh. Way to go. :P

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1495 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:43:42 »
End of day update.

Woo hoo!  Thanks samwisekoi!

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #1496 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 19:48:41 »
End of day update.

Woo hoo!  Thanks samwisekoi!

Likewise.  Thanks for such great updates, and all the effort.
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1497 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 20:44:34 »
Ok, I lied.  That wasn't the end of the day as it turned out.

I went out and got more packing material and also shipped:

Retro-026, 034, 062, 076, 079, 091, 108, 121, 129, 147, 161, 167, 179, 185, 314, 321, and 326.

I also dropped an order down into the problem category due to address issues: Retro-034.

I'll go update the daily status above, then head home.

FYI,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline usopia

« Reply #1498 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 22:37:47 »
...mine is Retro-196.  :'(

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #1499 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 22:50:20 »
I went out and got more packing material and also shipped:

Retro-026, 034, 062, 076, 079, 091, 108, 121, 129, 147, 161, 167, 179, 185, 314, 321, and 326.

Awesome news! So happy to hear that my keycaps have shipped! :D

Thanks again for all your hard work, Samwisekoi. *hugs*
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)