Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1702077 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: DSA Retro Set
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 17:24:48 »
I was thinking all blue, but now that you mention it... blue and coffee wouldn't be that bad... mmmmmh like smurf-n-coffee set

Oh no.......you do know what happens when you step on a Smurf?  The brown colored stuff isn't coffee......... ;D

Offline wasabah

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 17:31:28 »
How are the chances for lime/plum blanks?

Blue and coffee? Omg, count me in!!  :p
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 19:46:47 »
DAT BLUE!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 20:44:19 »
Damn, now I'm really disappointed.  I thought the 6x spacebars would match the off-center cherry space from the G80-1800's.  What board would those center stemmed 6x fit??

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 22:35:08 »
Still very interested in 1x Plum blanks. I need to fill in the block above the arrow cluster on my phantom.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2013, 22:50:33 by Tranquilite »

Offline Chicken Chaser

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 00:50:51 »
Just ordered Kit 1 + Kit 3 + 6.25 universal spacebar!
Leopold TKL Blues || Leopold TKL Reds || Filco TKL Ninja Browns

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 01:33:15 »
I was thinking all blue, but now that you mention it... blue and coffee wouldn't be that bad... mmmmmh like smurf-n-coffee set

Oh no.......you do know what happens when you step on a Smurf?  The brown colored stuff isn't coffee......... ;D

ahaha right. I have to make some tests. anyway blues are in round 2 so I'm not going to worry about them for now.

Damn, now I'm really disappointed.  I thought the 6x spacebars would match the off-center cherry space from the G80-1800's.  What board would those center stemmed 6x fit??

I have no f# clue. we could make a 6-units for the g80 but that would cost $800. there must be a really high interest for it.

Still very interested in 1x Plum blanks. I need to fill in the block above the arrow cluster on my phantom.

I'm trying to make this happen!

Offline wasabah

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 01:41:23 »

I'm trying to make this happen!

Please please please also lime ones? :)
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline simkev

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 04:21:18 »
Please add blank plum and lime keys in 1u, 1ur, 1.25u, 1.5u, 1.75u, 2u and 2u2s
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline NexusKaiser

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:01:05 »
Hmm... When would this GB close and payments collected? I've placed an order for one set only for budgetary reasons, but may change that to two along the way. Would help to know when the deadline is so I know roughly how long I have to (try) to gather more funds xD

Awesome keyset by the way ;)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:04:26 »
It will be open for a couple of weeks.  Better to put your full order in early if you really want it.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:17:48 »
Hmm... When would this GB close and payments collected? I've placed an order for one set only for budgetary reasons, but may change that to two along the way. Would help to know when the deadline is so I know roughly how long I have to (try) to gather more funds xD

Read the OP carefully :P

Considering how fast this is selling, we are probably going to close this pretty soon.

Anyway don't worry I believe we attracted some vendors, so there's the chance you could buy this set later.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:25:34 by Matt3o »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:44:32 »

Considering how fast this is selling, we are probably going to close this pretty soon.

Damn, at least give us a decent 12 hours notice before putting the brakes on this. 

I have a feeling this thing is going to get bigger than an Oil Tanker and you know how difficult that baby is to stop in time.  :o

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: DSA Retro Set
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:50:30 »

Damn, at least give us a decent 12 hours notice before putting the brakes on this. 

I have a feeling this thing is going to get bigger than an Oil Tanker and you know how difficult that baby is to stop in time.  :o

Agreed. Although I have an order in, seems a few variables still exist, such as the plum or green mods. I think once the options are "locked" a fair amount of extra orders will be placed, or existing orders modified. Some are probably watching and waiting.

John

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:52:56 »
Provisional deadline in the OP is march 4th so we still have a reasonable amount of time

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 07:54:01 »
Don't worry people, I'm not going to remove the plug without at least 48 hours notice!

Also if we are going to add more mods and blanks of course we will give time to catch up.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 08:29:24 »
suggest not adding more more keys. use a separate buy for additional keys.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 08:32:34 »

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 09:06:47 »

Show Image

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline regack

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 09:08:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

ahh... the proxy has spoken.  I was hoping for some of the plum blanks, but it can wait for another buy.

Offline relcc

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 09:09:49 »
I'm looking for a 1.5 plum color backspace key. Any change it can be fit in the tenkeyless or modifier set?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 09:13:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ironically, the number of hands Sam will require for sorting the groupbuy.

Thank you, please tip your waitress, and try the shrimp scampi. (exits)
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 09:45:19 »
samwisekoi has spoken.

no more kits. sorry.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 10:00:46 »
No more kits...

In this round.  ;D
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 10:04:02 »
I agree they are more than enough... and sincerely I thought we wouldn't have reached 50 tier... and look where we are instead...

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 10:45:15 »
I think that's probably best.  It would be very difficult to start changing things around after everyone has already placed their order.

There is obviously massive support though, let's get the follow-up one going soon! :)

Offline regack

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:16:44 »
I agree they are more than enough... and sincerely I thought we wouldn't have reached 50 tier... and look where we are instead...

I think we can thank your great UI for taking orders for part of it... :D

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:23:56 »

This is my first GB, so I don't know if previous ones have been run like poorly planned bank heists -- but the interface Matt3o made really did make it easy to decide what I wanted to buy, and what was going to work for my keyboard. How did you put it together in the first place, Matt3o? Is that all custom programming on your part?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:29:03 »

This is my first GB, so I don't know if previous ones have been run like poorly planned bank heists -- but the interface Matt3o made really did make it easy to decide what I wanted to buy, and what was going to work for my keyboard. How did you put it together in the first place, Matt3o? Is that all custom programming on your part?

He can't tell you!  Matt3o must first teach his adopted GH children!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:34:55 »
Just a curious question about the C64 kit, "For a full Commodore 64 experience".

I've been looking at pictures of the C64 and I may be looking at the wrong thing, but I don't see where the lighter colored function row comes into play.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I'm considering picking up that kit as well. :)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:38:15 »
How did you put it together in the first place, Matt3o? Is that all custom programming on your part?

yes, it's all custom code. I was frustrated by Google Forms group buys, it's very difficult to follow GB in that form and if you want to modify your order you have to contact the GB organizer.

7bit's system is better but cumbersome especially for new users. I remember my first GB was with 7bit and as a complete newbie it scared me a little.

Also being able to see the realtime statistics I think it's crucial for GBs and I didn't want to update a forum post manually every day with updated stats.

At the end I like to think that part of the success of this GB is due to the management system I've built. Please note that when this GB will be over, it's my intention to tidy up the code and release the software under an Open Source License for everyone to use.

He can't tell you!  Matt3o must first teach his adopted GH children!

ahaha too many mouths to feed

Just a curious question about the C64 kit, "For a full Commodore 64 experience".

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I'm considering picking up that kit as well. :)

sorry the color of the lighter row is off in the preview. The final color will be closer to this:

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:39:04 »
also suggest hard order and payment deadlines. unpaid orders summarily cancelled. let's get this thing going ;)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:44:39 »
Please note that when this GB will be over, it's my intention to tidy up the code and release the software under an Open Source License for everyone to use.

That is extremely generous of you. Thanks!
More

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:45:24 »

At the end I like to think that part of the success of this GB is due to the management system I've built. Please note that when this GB will be over, it's my intention to tidy up the code and release the software under an Open Source License for everyone to use.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 11:53:03 »
Show Image

LOL! Karma credit! Can I convert it into keycaps?

Here you go, this is a better representation of the c64 kit

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:00:24 »
also suggest hard order and payment deadlines. unpaid orders summarily cancelled. let's get this thing going ;)

you really need to expand this. sorry I'm slow.

hard order?

unpaid orders summarily cancelled?

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:11:43 »
Here you go, this is a better representation of the c64 kit
Show Image

Aha! That clears that up for me, thanks. I just had a dark reference image. :)

I don't really need it, but I've added it to my order for fun.
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:23:19 »

you really need to expand this. sorry I'm slow.

hard order?

unpaid orders summarily cancelled?
i recommend announcing a date at which orders will close as well as a date upon which payment is due as well as payment instructions. make these deadlines firm; ie, absolutely no orders or changes after deadline, and every order which is not fully paid by deadline is cancelled. this will allow you to submit your order to SP and pay your invoice on-time. result is that everyone gets their keys an order of magnitude faster.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:29:39 »
i recommend announcing a date at which orders will close as well as a date upon which payment is due as well as payment instructions. make these deadlines firm; ie, absolutely no orders or changes after deadline, and every order which is not fully paid by deadline is cancelled. this will allow you to submit your order to SP and pay your invoice on-time. result is that everyone gets their keys an order of magnitude faster.

A B S O L U T E L Y !

We have so many orders that I'll have no mercy!

If you don't pay in time your order is cancelled. No IFs no BUTs. You are out.

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:31:46 »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:42:58 »
Why no changes after the deadlines? =D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:47:03 »
That's it jil, you're out!  No questions!

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 12:51:19 »
Awww ._.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:00:41 »
the problem is if the not-paying users make a tier step down. I'll try to take care of it adding some spares.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:06:02 »
So how does this work? You set a hard deadline beyond which no new orders will be allowed, and then state a secondary deadline for payment? I'm assuming you will send out PayPal invoices to everyone, they then have to pay before the deadline, or they will be dropped from the GB altogether. Is that correct?
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:08:42 »
So how does this work? You set a hard deadline beyond which no new orders will be allowed, and then state a secondary deadline for payment? I'm assuming you will send out PayPal invoices to everyone, they then have to pay before the deadline, or they will be dropped from the GB altogether. Is that correct?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:30:30 »
Please note that when this GB will be over, it's my intention to tidy up the code and release the software under an Open Source License for everyone to use.

That is extremely generous of you. Thanks!

AMG, yay!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:32:04 »
the problem is if the not-paying users make a tier step down. I'll try to take care of it adding some spares.
yes, you are unlikely to get a 100% conversion from order to payment. prepare appropriately.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:35:58 »
Here is a Blue and White 60% homage to the IBM Selectric done in all 1x1 with an optional 1.25x Mod set shown as well.

This would work for Brown as well, but I was guided by the photo of the Selectric with Blue D/S keycaps in the [IC] thread.

And this time the rows are lined up and staggering properly.  It should fit in a Poker case just fine.  :cool:

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 14:17:54 »
Your fancy order form (+ number of kits) made me order much more than I actually "need". :D
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.